“Storms of My Grandchildren”, by James Hansen
On the webpage “Updating the Climate Science: What Path is the Real World Following?”, Drs. Makiko Sato and James Hansen update figures in the book Storms of My Grandchildren (see LA Times review) and present updated graphs and discussion of key quantities that help provide understanding of how climate change is developing and how effective or ineffective global actions are in affecting climate forcings and future climate change. A few errata in Storms are also provided.
Near Future Presentations
- Oct. 25, 2013: “The Climate Crisis” at Marion Institute, New Bedford, MA, 11:45 am – 12:05 pm.
Dr. Hansen periodically posts commentary on his recent papers and presentations and on other topics of interest to an e-mail list. To receive announcements of new postings, please click here.
- Oct. 21, 2013: David vs Goliath: on unconventional fossil fuels and Citizens Climate Lobby. In HTML.
- Sep. 26, 2013: Climate Sensitivity, Sea Level and Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide: Discussion of paper in Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. In HTML.
- Sep. 13, 2013: Tar Sands and Dirty Tricks: Discussion of New Yorker article on Tom Steyer and KXL pipeline. In HTML.
- Sep. 13, 2013: Europe Standing Tall Against a Rogue State: Discussion of European trip re tar sands. In HTML.
- May 29, 2013: The American Party: the need for a centrist 3rd party.
Recent Scholarly Publications
Hansen, J., Mki. Sato, G. Russell, and P. Kharecha, 2013: Climate sensitivity, sea level, and atmospheric carbon dioxide. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, 371, 20120294, doi:10.1098/rsta.2012.0294.
Previdi, M., B.G. Liepert, D. Peteet, J. Hansen, D.J. Beerling, A.J. Broccoli, S. Frolking, J.N. Galloway, M. Heimann, C. Le Quéré, S. Levitus, and V. Ramaswamy, 2013: Climate sensitivity in the Anthropocene. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 139, 1121-1131, doi:10.1002/qj.2165.
Other Recent Publications
Apr. 4, 2013: Keystone XL: The pipeline to disaster. Op-ed in the Los Angeles Times.