The global pandemic lockdown poses new educational challenges for teaching and leaning. Self-guided learning platforms are available. Online weblogs and platforms like “Transition-Studies.Net” are accessible for teachers and professors at all levels as well as students of all ages.
In addition civic groups, faith communities, NGO groups, municipal organizations, and, indeed, citizens of all backgrounds and from all countries with internet access can now use online Internet assets to launch research and construct their own means to teach others on topics of interest to themselves or their particular group.
These platforms offer the powerful possibility of “lateral learning,” based on the principle of: “Each one reach one; each one teach one.”
Source material includes:
- Amid Shutdowns, Youth Climate Activists Are Writing the Curriculum for a Just Economic Recovery – Yes! Magazine
- Education Crisis: From Pre-K to Higher Ed, Students Face Unequal Access During Coronavirus Shutdown
- Arctic Warming: Risks for Methane Emissions
- Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a ‘Liberal Hoax’
See related discussions:
- Earth Day 2020: Beginning a Cosmic Conversation Amidst a Global Lockdown
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth? | EV & N 298 | CCTV
- “Greta, What’s Your Problem?” Marginalizing & Dismissing the Rational & Humane Voice of Youth.