Journeyman Pictures Jan 15, 2019
A State of Complicity (2002) – A Muslim attack on a train carrying Hindu pilgrims sparked reprisals against the Muslim community throughout Gujarat; yet it seems that the Indian government permitted it. Subscribe to Journeyman here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c… Over 1000 people have died, and more than 100,000 have become refugees in their own land. India is no stranger to communal violence of this sort. But the difference in Gujarat is that, according to a number of experts, the violence is taking place with government backing: “The Gujarat state administration has been engaged in a massive cover-up of the state’s role in the massacres,” claims a report by Human Rights Watch.
- Survivors of the Gujarat riots speak out – Newsnight January 26, 2023
- Can A Documentary “Destabilise” World’s Largest Democracy? | Left, Right And Centre January 26, 2023
- India’s take on BBC’s Modi documentary January 26, 2023
- Inside the Kashmir That India Doesn’t Want the World to See | The Dispatch January 26, 2023
- Modi Denies India Is Targeting Muslims. We Found a Different Reality. | The Dispatch January 26, 202