This year India has experienced its worst heatwave since records began. The heatwave is estimated to have led to dozens of deaths across the region and led to forest fires and damage to wheat crops.
Health and livelihoods are threatened by the rising temperatures. How much can India adapt to heat that is rising to the limit of human endurance and what needs to be done to mitigate the effects of climate change?
Presenter: Tanya Beckett
Producer: Louise Clarke-Rowbotham
Editor: Tara McDermott
Technical Producer: Craig Boardman
(A worker stops for water in scorching heat near India Gate, New Delhi. Credit: Arvind Yadav/ Getty Images)
- Earth 2025 : POPULATION EXPLOSION – AFTERMATH (Full Documentary)
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Earth now home to eight billion people
- Dr. Albert Bartlett The Exponential Function
- Exponential Growth: Arithmetic, Population and Energy, Dr. Albert A. Bartlett
- ClimateMatters – Population
- As World Population Tops 8 Billion, Africa’s Most Populated City Keeps Growing
- Types of Population Pyramids
- Global population hits 8 billion people prompting overcrowding concerns
- The Malthus Insight and the Global Limits of “Green Revolution” Food Production
- Malthus and the Anthropocene: An Essay on Population and the Evolving Global Food System
- Why Transition Studies?
* * * *