Library of Congress – Streamed live on May 20, 2022
Lecture by Library of Congress curator of the Jay I. Kislak Collection, John Hessler, Ptolemy and the Foundations of Western Cartography, including images of these rare atlases printed between 1475 and 1600 which have never been shown together as a complete group. Opening remarks by Associate Librarian of Congress, Robin Dale, and closing remarks by Mark Dimunation, Chief, Rare Book and Special Collections Divisions.
- Seeing the World Anew: John W. Hessler, Chet Van Duzer (former John W. Kluge Fellows, Library of Congress).
- Sea Monsters on Medieval & Renaissance Maps | Chet Van Duzer
- The World in Maps, 1400-1600 | Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Martin Waldseemuller’s Carta Marina: Its Originality and Diffusion | Chet Van Duzer
- 3 Chet Van Duzer – BAM Group February 5, 2022
- Henricus Martellus’s World Map at Yale
- Frames That Speak: An Introduction to Cartographic Cartouches | Chet Van Duzer
as well as:
- Africa & World Historical Cartography: Old Maps, New Technologies, New Questions & New Research Communities
- Early Days in African Historical Cartography ~ From the Portolan Charts to Printed Maps: Imagining and Imaging Africa in the Atlantic System
- The Africa Map Circle – Introduction & Digital Resource Directory