The United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) is an American hereditary association of women engaging in the commemoration of Confederate Civil War soldiers, the funding of monuments to them, and the promotion of the pseudo-historical Lost Cause ideology and white supremacy. It was established in 1894 in Nashville, Tennessee. In the early 1900s the organization often applauded the Ku Klux Klan and funded the building of a monument to the Klan in 1926. The UDC has been labeled as neo-Confederate by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- The Neutral Ground | POV | PBS
- Why Schools Fail To Teach Slavery’s ‘Hard History’ : NPR
- “Four Hundred Souls”: Ibram X. Kendi & Keisha Blain on History of Afri can America from 1619 to Now
- President Donald Trump signs an executive order to promote patriotic education!
- Trump signs order for ‘patriotic education’ as he rails against ‘warped’ American story
- What Trump is saying about 1619 Project, teaching U.S. history
- The Future of American History Education: What Now?
- The White Power Movement: A Direct Line Between Vietnam and Jan. 6 | Amanpour and Company
- Chaos at Virginia school meeting over history and race
- How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Drip, Drip, Drip…. An Outline Chronology of Events, Reports and News Releases
- Ignorance, Arrogance, Overshoot & Collapse: The Destructive Power of Enduing Myths In Collapsing Civilizations