Feature Film 2021 90 mins
The Neutral Ground
The Neutral Ground documents New Orleans’ fight over monuments and America’s troubled romance with the Lost Cause. In 2015, director CJ Hunt was filming the New Orleans City Council’s vote to remove four confederate monuments. But when that removal is halted by death threats, CJ sets out to understand why a losing army from 1865 still holds so much power in America. A co-production of POV and ITVS, in association with the Center for Asian American Media. A co-presentation of Black Public Media and the Center for Asian American Media. Official Selection, Tribeca Film Festival.
- United Daughters of the Confederacy – Wikipedia
- Why Schools Fail To Teach Slavery’s ‘Hard History’ : NPR
- “Four Hundred Souls”: Ibram X. Kendi & Keisha Blain on History of Afri can America from 1619 to Now
- President Donald Trump signs an executive order to promote patriotic education!
- Trump signs order for ‘patriotic education’ as he rails against ‘warped’ American story
- What Trump is saying about 1619 Project, teaching U.S. history
- The Future of American History Education: What Now?
- The White Power Movement: A Direct Line Between Vietnam and Jan. 6 | Amanpour and Company
- Chaos at Virginia school meeting over history and race
- How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Drip, Drip, Drip…. An Outline Chronology of Events, Reports and News Releases
- Ignorance, Arrogance, Overshoot & Collapse: The Destructive Power of Enduing Myths In Collapsing Civilizations