The video mentioned | China-Africa Relationship: https://youtu.be/0X0MU6FZUfs
China’s Belt and Road initiative is an infrastructure program launched in 2013 by President Xi Jinping involving development, port, road, rail and digital projects in Asia, Africa and Europe. According to Refinitiv, China had more than 2,600 projects at the cost of $3.7 trillion, linked to the Belt and Road Initiative as of mid-2020. However, due to the covid 19 Pandemic, 20% of the projects have been affected seriously.
See related background information:
- G7 nations fail to reach consensus on how to call out Beijing on human rights abuses | World News
- Europe Refused To Side With Biden To Provoke China!
- G7 Summit: G7 approves global infrastructure plan to combat China | Latest World English News | WION
- China’s Great Belt and Road Economic Initiative
- G7: Biden says democracies in ‘contest with autocrats’ as G7 summit ends
- Watch: Joe Biden names, shames China after G7; announces plan to counter BRI
- G7 Nations To Offset China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- What G7’s Plan To Counter China’s Belt And Road Initiative Means For India
- What’s behind the G7’s rival to China’s ‘Belt & Road’ initiative? | Inside Story
- Biden urges unity among G7 leaders with global infrastructure plan to rival China
- G7 rivals China with grand infrastructure plan
- “A New ‘Scramble for Africa:’ The Resistance to Corporate ‘Landgrabbing’ & the AGRA ‘Meta-Narrative’.”
- China and the “New Scramble” for Africa: (What is “new” about this?)