Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Dave Montgomery – Dirt: The Erosion of Civilizations September 28, 2022
- David Montgomery | Noah’s Flood and the Development of Geology || Radcliffe In stitute September 28, 2022
- Pumped Dry: The Global Crisis of Vanishing Groundwater | USA TODAY September 28, 2022
- Saving Venice | Full Documentary | NOVA | PBS September 28, 2022
- Threats, Classroom Cameras & Politics: Why American Teachers Are Dropping Out | Amanpour and Company September 28, 2022
- Gurnah’s latest novel ‘Afterlives’ explores effects of colonial rule in East Africa September 28, 2022
- Sketches of the Amistad Captives & Contemporary Commemoration: Mondays at Beinecke, March 29, 2021 September 28, 2022
- Biden administration launches environmental justice office – The Boston Globe September 28, 2022
- The queen’s death raises questions over the future of the Commonwealth | 1A September 28, 2022
- The strain of censorship on public libraries – 1A September 28, 2022
- Historic General Assembly wraps with calls for action on nuclear arms | United Nations September 28, 2022
- Screening at Kenya-Uganda border for Ebola September 28, 2022
- Mondays at Beinecke Online: Chet Van Duzer on the Martellus Map | Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library September 28, 2022
- The Last Word on the Vinland Map? | Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library September 28, 2022
- How Do I Talk to a Climate Change Denier? | BU Today | Boston University September 28, 2022
- Is Big Oil Trying to Make Americans Hate Democrats? September 27, 2022
- Pakistan floods: Time running out for families in Sindh – BBC News September 27, 2022
- Warm waters turbocharge Hurricane Ian September 27, 2022
- Maps, Myths, and Men: The Story of the Vinland Map: Kirsten A. Seaver September 27, 2022
- Yale putting high-tech tests to its controversial Vinland Map | YaleNews September 27, 2022
- The Vinland Map Saga: An Interview with Author John Paul Floyd September 27, 2022
- Kirsten Seaver on Father Josef Fischer (1858 – 1944) and the forgery of the Vinland Map September 27, 2022
- Maddow: Endgame Of GOP Undermining Elections Is To Evade Accountability To Voters September 27, 2022
- Jan. 6 Committee Member Slams GOP For Conspiracy Theories September 27, 2022
- ‘Let’s Get Right To The Violence’: Roger Stone In New Documentary Footage September 27, 2022
- “Immoral & Sinful”: Bishop Barber Blasts Mississippi Gov. for Failing to Protect Jackson’s Water September 27, 2022
- Strengthening Hurricane Ian Puts 19 Million People At Risk September 27, 2022
- Global weather events and climate change September 27, 2022
- Basil Davidson_Africa September 27, 2022
- America’s climate havens of the future | On Point September 27, 2022
- The World in Maps, 1400-1600 September 26, 2022
- The climate crisis: A masterclass with academics, journalists and activists | The Guardian Members September 26, 2022
- Who’s really using up the water in the American West? September 26, 2022
- Storm Fiona: Heavy rainfall continues along Canada’s east coast September 26, 2022
- Donating to an ActionAid emergency appeal: where your money goes September 26, 2022
- Julien Brave NoiseCat: ‘Indigenous peoples have survived an apocalypse’ • FRANCE 24 English September 26, 2022
- LIVE: Tracking Hurricane Ian | NBC News September 26, 2022
- Climate – The Boston Globe September 26, 2022
- Houses washed into sea as Storm Fiona batters Canada – BBC News September 25, 2022
- Italy’s right-wing, led by neo-fascist Meloni, wins election, exit polls say • FRANCE 24 English September 25, 2022
- United in Action: Holistic Climate Solutions Summit September 25, 2022
- Read the full Climate Change 2021 report by the UN’s IPCC – The Boston Globe September 25, 2022
- The FRONTLINE Dispatch: How American Democracy Reached a Moment of ‘Existential Crisis’ September 25, 2022
- Reforestation Solution: Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration September 24, 2022
- Tree Announcement – 9/21/22 September 24, 2022
- Groundwater Trust Forum Promo September 24, 2022
- Category 5 Typhoon Noru still intensifying | Ian a hurricane threat | Force Thirteen Live September 24, 2022
- Fiona slams Canada’s Atlantic coast September 24, 2022
- Tracking the tropics September 24, 2022
- Tracking the Tropics: Why Gulf Coast meteorologists are keeping close eye on tropical wave in Atlantic September 24, 2022
Daily Archives: April 28, 2021
TED – Mar 18, 2014
Appearing by telepresence robot, Edward Snowden speaks at TED2014 about surveillance and Internet freedom. The right to data privacy, he suggests, is not a partisan issue, but requires a fundamental rethink of the role of the internet in our lives — and the laws that protect it. “Your rights matter,” he say, “because you never know when you’re going to need them.” Chris Anderson interviews, with special guest Tim Berners-Lee.
Jan.22 — Jeremy Grantham, co-founder and chief investment strategist of Boston’s GMO, believes U.S. stocks have become an epic bubble and will burst in a collapse rivaling the crashes of 1929 and 2000. In this interview, he explains why, discusses the futility of Federal Reserve policy, criticizes the state of American capitalism, and shares his thoughts on gold, Bitcoin, emerging markets and climate change. He spoke exclusively to Erik Schatzker on Bloomberg’s “Front Row.”
Stream original BBC programmes FIRST on BBC i
Programme website: http://bbc.in/2pqRjCx David Olusoga discusses Benin bronzes created from the 16th century in West Africa, and how these works of art now reside in the British Museum.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=… Episode 4/6 A look at the Benin bronzes and an exquisite bronze head known as the Head of Ife.Music in this video
Learn moreListen ad-free with YouTube PremiumSongIdeal IdolAlbumCEZ4009 AVANT-GARDE MUSIC FOR AVLicensed to YouTube byAdRev Masters Admin (on behalf of Cezame); Associated Production Music LLC, BMI – Broadcast Music Inc., and 4 Music Rights SocietiesSongVegetal groove-14494ArtistDidier Malherbe, SACEM|Loy Ehrlich, SACEM|Steve Shehan, SACEMAlbumInto the WildLicensed to YouTube byAdRev for a 3rd Party (on behalf of Koka|Koka Media, SACEM|Universal Production Music (UPPM)); LatinAutor, UNIAO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORAS DE MUSICA – UBEM, LatinAutorPerf, AdRev Publishing, LatinAutor – UMPG, and 3 Music Rights Societies
Watch the video to discover the historical importance of bronze casting in Benin and how this tradition continues today. The video shows bronze casters at work, sculpting and creating plaques using the lost wax process.
The Horniman currently has historical Benin plaques on display and two replica plaques in the Museum’s handling collection, including one like the one shown in the video, depicting an Oba with mudfish legs and feet.
Dr. Leah Bayens of Sterling College joins us to discuss the work of farming education, and what the liberal arts have to contribute to an educational model that historically has valued “how?” over “why?”. You will not want to miss this wonderful glimpse at the educational work of The Berry Center, and especially our partnership with our wonderful colleagues at Sterling. You can learn more about the Wendell Berry Farming Program at http://www.sterlingcollege.edu/wendellberry and about all of our program initiatives at http://www.berrycenter.org
This presentation is a part of the Josephine Ardery Foundation Lecture Series and is a free online event. Join us right here on The Berry Center’s Facebook page to watch live.
We would also like to thank our planning sponsors for making this project possible – The Kentucky Historical Society and its Local History Trust Fund.
On December 3rd 2015 Dr. Vandana Shiva sat in a press conference to discuss the topics of climate Change being the cause of refugees and terrorism. She also references the Bill Gates jargon being fed through the media and how we can protect ourselves from their language and answer back with ours.
On December 3rd Dr. Vandana Shiva sat in a press conference to discuss the topics of climate Change being the cause of refugees and terrorism. She also references the Bill Gates jargon being fed through the media and how we can protect ourselves from their language and answer back with ours.
In this interview, Vandana Shiva, Ph.D., discusses the importance and benefits of regenerative agriculture and a future Regeneration International project that we’ll be collaborating on. • Bill Gates is entering every field that has to do with sustaining life and, for over a decade, has undermined vitality in all its forms, in an effort to seize control over and profit from it • By funding research and financing public institutions, Gates is able to force those institutions down a path where they can only use his patented intellectual property • While pretending to save the world through philanthropy, Gates’ solutions perpetuate and worsen the world’s problems. They may even threaten the future of humanity, as they’re driving us closer to extinction • Through his company, Gates Ag One, Gates is pushing for one type of agriculture for the whole world, organized top, down. This includes digital farming, in which farmers are surveilled and mined for their agricultural data, which is then repackaged and sold back to them • The answer to the environmental problems we face is not more of the very things that created the problems in the first place, which is what Gates proposes. The answer is regenerative agriculture and real food.
Read the full article here: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar…
Learn more here: https://vandanashivamovie.com/