President Donald Trump spoke at a rally near the White House on Jan. 6 before a mob of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol to try to stop Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. Trump was impeached Wednesday by the U.S. House on a single charge of “incitement of insurrection.”
Outline Chronology of Events and News Releases
- 6 January 2021 – Speech: Donald Trump Holds a Political Rally on The Ellipse – January 6, 2021– Factbase Videos – Jan 6, 2021
- 6 January 2021 – ‘Go home. We love you’: Trump to protesters – ABC News – Jan 6, 2021
- 7 January 2021 – “We love you. You’re very special.”: Donald Trump says to Rioters – MOJO STORY – Jan 7, 2021
- 7 January 2021 – 1/7/21: Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Holds a Press Briefing – The White House Jan 7, 2021
- 7 January 2021 – A Message from President Donald J. Trump – The White House – Jan 7, 2021
- 12 January 2021 01/12/21: President Trump Delivers Remarks Upon Departure – The White House – Jan 12, 2021
- 12 January 2021 – US House Will Vote to Impeach Trump Wednesday – VOA News – Jan 12, 2021
- 13 January 2021 – Trump impeached for 2nd time – CBC News: The National Published on Jan 13, 2021
- 13 January 2021 – Transcript of Trump’s Speech at Rally Before US Capitol Riot – By Associated Press, Wire Service Content Jan. 13, 2021, at 9:11 p.m. USNews.Com
- 13 January 2021 – A Message from President Donald J. Trump – The White House Jan 13, 2021
Here’s The Associated Press transcript of Trump’s Jan. 6 speech:
* * * * * * * * * * *
Well, thank you very much. This is incredible.
Media will not show the magnitude of this crowd. Even I, when I turned on today, I looked, and I saw thousands of people here. But you don’t see hundreds of thousands of people behind you because they don’t want to show that.
We have hundreds of thousands of people here and I just want them to be recognized by the fake news media. Turn your cameras please and show what’s really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer. They’re not going to take it any longer. Go ahead. Turn your cameras, please. Would you show? They came from all over the world, actually, but they came from all over our country.
I just really want to see what they do. I just want to see how they covered. I’ve never seen anything like it. But it would be really great if we could be covered fairly by the media. The media is the biggest problem we have as far as I’m concerned, single biggest problem. The fake news and the Big tech.
Big tech is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago. We surprised them. We took them by surprise and this year they rigged an election. They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before. And by the way, last night they didn’t do a bad job either if you notice.
I’m honest. And I just, again, I want to thank you. It’s just a great honor to have this kind of crowd and to be before you and hundreds of thousands of American patriots who are committed to the honesty of our elections and the integrity of our glorious republic.