Jan 3, 2021
Greta Thunberg, the Swedish teenage environmental activist, has turned 18. Becoming an adult in Swedish comes with a lot of freedoms, including the right to vote and stand for office. And that’s important to Thunberg who has often said “Every election is a climate election.”
The world got to know her as a 15 year old. Sitting outside the Swedish parliament, protesting for action on climate change.
With her slogan ‘school strike for the climate’ Thunberg invited her classmates to join her and skip school on Fridays to protest.
Her message went viral – and global. She repeatedly scolded world leaders’ reactions to global warming.
Ultimately her protest inspired the ‘Friday’s for future’ demonstrations – which gained major traction with young people around the world.
But the movement also hit home with a lot of older people – people concerned that they had seen too little climate action in their lifetimes.
Her message was clear and simple.
ln 2019 the environmental activist sailed two weeks across the Atlantic on a zero carbon yacht to New York to deliver a message to the UN’s climate action summit. There, she reminded the world that she was still just a child and her thoughts should be elsewhere.
But now Thunberg is turning 18 – making her an adult in the eyes of Swedish law. She will finally be able to vote and hold to account politicians she accuses of passing the climate buck onto children.
She says for her nothing has changed, the world needs to treat climate change as the true crisis it is – here and now.
Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- 2018 Laureate Yacouba Sawadogo Acceptance Speech January 27, 2021
- WHO warns vaccine divide between nations is worsening, situation could backfire January 27, 2021
- Promoting zero deforestation agriculture, the case of cocoa farming (short version) January 27, 2021
- Climate and Food Justice January 27, 2021
- EAT Webinar – Wayne Launching an Amazing new Series on Ecolonomics January 27, 2021
- Davos 2021: Global elite assemble | #PollyBites January 27, 2021
- Trump’s American Carnage (full documentary) | FRONTLINE January 26, 2021
- Murrow on McCarthy, no fear, 1954 – ‘The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves’ January 26, 2021
- Early Facebook Investor: Social Media “Companies Have Blood on Their Hands” | Aman pour and Company January 26, 2021
- Inequality Virus: Pandemic Widens Wealth Gap for Women, People of Color as Billionaire Profits Soar January 26, 2021
- READ: House article of impeachment against Donald Trump January 26, 2021
- WATCH: Article of impeachment against Trump delivered to Senate January 26, 2021
- Doctor demonstrates breathing technique for coronavirus patients January 26, 2021
- If You Get COVID 19: Optimize Immune System (Vitamin D, Monoclonal Antibodies, NAC, Quercetin etc.) January 26, 2021
- Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2) January 26, 2021
- What Kids Need Most (featuring Dr. Gabor Mate) January 26, 2021
- How You Can Change Reality | TOM CAMPBELL January 26, 2021
- How Humans Create Realities January 26, 2021
- How Wealth Changes People | Paul Piff January 26, 2021
- The Fatal Design Of Debt-Based Money | Jem Bendell, Richard Wolff, Stephanie Kelton January 26, 2021
- Global COVID-19 cases surpass 100 million January 26, 2021
- Professor Chomsky Interview: Reflections on Education and Creativity January 26, 2021
- Noam Chomsky – On Being Truly Educated January 26, 2021
- Leonardo Boff – Education (English Subtitles) January 26, 2021
- Eco-Warrior Sleeper Cell Awakening with Joanna Macy and the Shambala Warrior Prophecy January 26, 2021
- AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS – Chris Hedges January 26, 2021
- Brazil: Thousands demand president Bolsonaro´s impeachment January 26, 2021
- Brazil: Hundreds demand Bolsonaro’s impeachment during protest outside National Congress January 26, 2021
- Protesters in NY rally against India farm laws January 26, 2021
- RootsAction January 26, 2021
- There Must Be #NoHoneymoon for Joe Biden January 26, 2021
- The Discovery of Time: Stephen Toulmin, June Goodfield January 26, 2021
- A Framework for Inclusive Capitalism – The Rockefeller Foundation January 26, 2021
- Seventeen Contradictions and the End of Capitalism: David Harvey January 26, 2021
- A Tribute to the Dream: The Need for ‘Good Trouble’ January 26, 2021
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — January 26, 2021 January 26, 2021
- Special Address by Angela Merkel, Federal Chancellor of Germany | DAVOS AGENDA 2021 January 26, 2021
- South African president urges rich countries not to hoard vaccines January 26, 2021
- India: farmers storm Delhi’s Red Fort amid violent clashes with police January 26, 2021
- India farmers protest turn violent – BBC News January 26, 2021
- Compassion For Others Starts With Staying Healthy And Loving Yourself January 26, 2021
- What a debacle! | US authorities ‘unaware’ of amount of COVID vaccine in their possessi on January 26, 2021
- The Heat: Davos 2021 January 26, 2021
- 2018 Laureate Tony Rinaudo Acceptance Speech January 26, 2021
- Ice Age Trigger Accelerates, Crazy Planets, Crazy Star, Tornado | S0 News Jan.26.2021 January 26, 2021
- WHO Africa COVID 19 online press briefing January 26, 2021
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Farming January 25, 2021
- The Legacy of Orientalism and Edward Said w/ Vivek Chibber & Bashir Abu-Manneh January 25, 2021
- EAT Special Guest Speaker Vanessa Millon from BehindTheBeet January 25, 2021
- Why Grantham Says the Next Crash Will Rival 1929, 2000 January 25, 2021