Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Election 2020: what a Biden victory could mean for America | The Economist August 11, 2020
- “20 Million Cases of COVID” – Dr. Tedros Adhanom (WHO) (Geneva, 10 August 2020) August 11, 2020
- The lesson of the pandemic? The U.S. needs universal healthcare August 11, 2020
- How the Pandemic Defeated America: Ed Yong on How COVID-19 Humiliated Planet’s Most Powerful Nation August 11, 2020
- Joe Biden picks Kamala Harris as running mate in US presidential election August 11, 2020
- Frédéric Chopin – Piano Concerto No. 2. I Maestoso | Arthur Rubinstein August 11, 2020
- Africa’s Discovery of Europe: Northrup, David: Books August 10, 2020
- Seven Myths of Africa in World History (Myths of History: A Hackett Series): Northrup, David, Andrea, Alfred J., Holt, Andrew August 10, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — August 10, 2020 August 10, 2020
- Millions Facing Eviction and Joblessness Get No Immediate Help from Trump’s New Executive Orders August 10, 2020
- Is Trump Sabotaging U.S. Postal Service Ahead of Election as Part of His Attack on Mail-in Voting? August 10, 2020
- The Future Earth: Eric Holthaus and Katharine Wilkinson August 10, 2020
- Pandemic plunging millions into extreme poverty August 10, 2020
- Flooding in America’s Heartland August 10, 2020
- COVID-19 and Climate: Implications for our Food System August 10, 2020
- Civil War “Andersonville” 1996 complete Original TV-Movie. Part One August 9, 2020
- Memory, Myth and Moral Authority: Recalling Images of the Past in Times of Crisis | EV&N – 355 | CCTV August 9, 2020
- Trump hugs and kisses the American flag at CPAC 2020 August 8, 2020
- How Donald Trump’s father instilled a culture of racism & patriarchy in the family August 8, 2020
- The Next Virus Will Be Worse! August 7, 2020
- Mary Trump on what’s at stake in the 2020 election August 7, 2020
- The Effects of the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki August 7, 2020
- The Day Japan Surrendered, Ending WWII | NBC News August 7, 2020
- Atomic bombing of Nagasaki – BBC August 7, 2020
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombings: Were Nuclear Weapons Required to End the War? August 7, 2020
- Offstage Interview 2020 – Author: Andre Leu – Poisoning Our Children – How Glyphosate And Other Pest August 7, 2020
- Scientists raise concerns over coronavirus spread through aerosol August 7, 2020
- Off stage Interview 2020 – Author Brian Clement – Food And Lifestyles That Kill, Food And Lifestyles August 7, 2020
- Off stage Interview 2020 – Author Mary Beth Pfeiffer – Not Just Lyme: How An Adulterated Planet Let August 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — August 6, 2020 August 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — August 7, 2020 August 7, 2020
- “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”: Mary Trump on Her Uncle, President Trump, & Why He Must Be Ousted August 7, 2020
- Hiroshima: Dropping the Bomb August 7, 2020
- Problems caused by plastic August 7, 2020
- How Fox News and Right-Wing Media Brainwashed This Dad and Destroyed a Family | Opinions | NowThis August 7, 2020
- AHBS – Africa Health Business Symposium August 7, 2020
- WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 | Noam Chomsky August 7, 2020
- Extra: Full interview with Eric Schlosser August 7, 2020
- Eric Schlosser on Nuclear Weapons August 7, 2020
- Eric Schlosser on Hiroshima and John Hersey August 7, 2020
- Rising threat from the seas | DW Documentary August 7, 2020
- Day 3 (part 1 of 2): Climatological, Meteorological and Environmental factors in COVID-19 pandemic August 7, 2020
- The real reason American health care is so expensive August 7, 2020
- Who pays the lowest taxes in the US? August 7, 2020
- The coronavirus is mutating. Now what? August 7, 2020
- Africa surpasses 1 million Covid-19 cases, more than half in South Africa August 7, 2020
- Path Finder: Ex-U.S. Ambassador to China Max Baucus August 7, 2020
- Open Yale Course：Financial Markets 09. Guest Lecture by David Swensen August 7, 2020
- World’s Indigenous Peoples Day – UN Chief (9 August) August 7, 2020
- Drawings of the Amistad Captives August 7, 2020
Daily Archives: July 4, 2020
The Divan Orchestra founded by an Israeli and a Palestinian as a humanist project for friendship and dialogue is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Today, its young members are both Israeli and Arab. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent David Tereshchuk reports on the collaboration.
Parts of central and southern #China have been battered by torrential rains for over a month and more downpours are expected. In southwestern #Sichuan‘s Mianning County, 19 people have been killed and three others are missing. The national observatory has issued a rainstorm warning for the 32nd consecutive day, and officials have raised the emergency response level for communities along the Yangtze River.
Nearly 20 million people have been affected by the floods this year. In total, more than 120 have been killed or are missing across the country. Economic losses are estimated at nearly six billion U.S. dollars.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration, “Salute to America” started with a flyover by Air Force One, followed by a demonstration by the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team. READ MORE: President Donald Trump kicked off a “Salute to America” Saturday night on the grounds of the White House with a speech that revisited the language and themes of the one he delivered a night earlier at Mount Rushmore.
In his speech, the president vowed to “safeguard our values” from enemies within, including leftists, looters, and agitators.
He went on to say the United States would “never allow an angry mob to tear down our statues, erase our history.”
The president also suggested a coronavirus vaccine could come “long before the end of the year.”
Earlier Saturday, Democrat Joe Biden, Trump’s presumptive opponent in the November election, used a different tone, tweeting: “Our nation was founded on a simple idea: We’re all created equal. We’ve never lived up to it — but we’ve never stopped trying. This Independence Day, let’s not just celebrate those words, let’s commit to finally fulfill them.”
Crowds of spectators turned out along the National Mall for the event, including a large Independence Day fireworks display, despite the city’s concerns about the coronavirus. Crowds started to form Saturday morning along the mall but were smaller than a year ago and many wore masks, according to the Associated Press.
Elizabeth Crofoot, Senior Economist at The Conference Board, talked about the economic impact of COVID-19 on Gen-Z.
President Donald Trump claims to have a high IQ and is among the smartest presidents ever, so let’s go through his American history lessons and see how incorrect they are.
- “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July”
- 8 Must-Reads by Women Who Take on White Supremacy and Patriarchal Power – Yes! Magazine
- When white supremacists overthrew a government
- Why Are There SO Many Confederate Monuments?
- How Southern socialites rewrote Civil War history
- July 5th … “The Day After” Independence Day: What Do We Remember? What Do We Choose to Celebrate? What Do We Choose to Forget?
Protesters are pushing for removal of Abraham Lincoln statue from Lincoln Park in Washington D.C. because they think the posture of the free slave is offensive. Many start to think if there is a way to both preserve and reinterpret the past.
Join Thea Riofrancos and Daniel Aldana Cohen for a discussion of the Green New Deal and the future we can build out of our crisis-ridden present. This event is part of the Socialism 2020 Virtual conference. Register for the conference at http://www.socialismconference.org.
As the climate crisis escalates, the promise of a Green New Deal has captured the imagination of people across the world. Socialists know that a system based on extraction and exploitation is inherently unsustainable — we want climate justice, not green capitalism. What should be the key socialist demands of the Green New Deal, and how can we mobilize the power of the working class to win them?
Socialism 2020 is sponsored by Haymarket Books, Jacobin, and the Democratic Socialists of America
Love Modern Marvels? Stay up to date on all of your favorite History shows at https://history.com/schedule.
Who could imagine life without our “man-made weather”? On cold winter nights and hot summer days, we are grateful to the visionaries who took two basic elements and turned them into true modern marvels, in Season 9, Episode 16, “Fire and Ice”. #ModernMarvels
On the show this week, Chris Hedges discusses the nature of patriotism with West Point graduate and US Army combat veteran, Danny Sjursen.