Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Woman the Gatherer October 17, 2021
- Man the Hunter: Richard Borshay Lee, Irven DeVore October 17, 2021
- Stone Age Economics (Routledge Classics): Marshall Sahlins, Graeber, David Graeber October 16, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels”: Over 530 Arrested in Historic Indigenous-Led Climate Protests in D.C. October 15, 2021
- The Nation’s John Nichols: Trump’s Coup Nearly Succeeded. He Will Try Again in 2024 October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: How dangerous is it? October 15, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario October 15, 2021
- Mike + The Mechanics – The Living Years (Official Video) October 15, 2021
- Some Notes from Life on the Edge: The Geophysical Fate of the Post-Columbian City (Big “Transitions” in Human History) October 15, 2021
- Heatwaves and drought in Europe | DW Documentary October 15, 2021
- UN claims millions more people are hungry October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: Massive lava flow pushes over the boundary of evacuated area | DW News October 15, 2021
- Mapping update. La Palma volcano eruption (15th Oct) Todos los mapas de la erupción de La Palma, October 15, 2021
- Geofísico explica la erupción volcánica en La Palma (islas Canarias, Españ a) October 15, 2021
- Since Terrible Explosion Begins (Oct 15) La Palma hit by Largest Earthquake & Possible Tsunami October 14, 2021
- Japan’s 400 Kilometre Tsunami Shield October 14, 2021
- Can We Cool the Planet? | NOVA | PBS October 14, 2021
- Will the Cascadia Earthquake be the Worst Disaster North America’s Ever Seen? | Weathered October 14, 2021
- The Pacific Northwest is due for a Major Earthquake October 13, 2021
- Residents’ Panic Increases (Oct 14) La Palma Volcano Eruption continues with high effusion rates October 13, 2021
- 5 Natural Disasters Waiting To Happen October 13, 2021
- General Stanley McChrystal Sees Parallels Between Jan. 6 and Nazi Germany | Amanpour and Company October 13, 2021
- This Modern FARMING INNOVATION In China Shocks The World October 13, 2021
- World Food Day 2021 – António Guterres (UN Secretary-General) October 13, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels’’: Winona LaDuke & Mass Protests Call on Biden to Stop Line 3 Pipeline October 13, 2021
- Katrina vanden Heuvel on Nobel Peace Prize Winner Dmitry Muratov’s Fight for Press Freedom in Russia October 13, 2021
- What are the major climate action priorities from the IMF? October 13, 2021
- Will These New Fossil Fuel Projects Make Climate Emergency Unwinnable? (w/John Beard, Jr. ) October 13, 2021
- American Indian tribes: ‘climate change is real’ October 13, 2021
- CBC News: The National | U.S. border reopening, Iqaluit water, Shatner in space October 13, 2021
- Border Incident October 13, 2021
- Abrupt Climate System Disruption Recap: Extreme Weather Around the Planet October 13, 2021
- This Week on #JUSTSOLUTIONS: PPL vs Fossil Fuels with Sharon Lavigne October 13, 2021
- People Vs Fossil Fuels October 13, 2021
- Meet the Democrats Keeping Your Drug Prices High October 13, 2021
- The Yale 5-Year B.A. Program October 13, 2021
- Possible Tsunami (Oct 13) La Palma volcano lava effusion rates, new lava arm at the sea October 12, 2021
- La Palma Volcano Eruption Update; Acidic Danger, New Lava Flows October 12, 2021
- This is what the volcano on La Palma looked like before the eruption – La Palma – Canary Islands October 12, 2021
- Crater COLLAPSES on ‘Aggressive’ Volcano October 12, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide October 12, 2021
- The Future Tsunami That Could Destroy the US East Coast October 12, 2021
- Climate change: Where we are in seven charts and what you can do to help – BBC News October 12, 2021
- Billions to Boeing as Congress debates cutting social programs October 12, 2021
- America’s Fate: Oligarchy or Autocracy October 12, 2021
- Country houses and the British Empire, 1700–1930 (Studies in Imperialism, 116): St ephanie, Barczewski, Andrew Thompson, John M. MacKenzie October 12, 2021
- National Trust details links to slavery and colonialism at 93 properties – Museums Association October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Addressing the Legacy of Slavery and Empire at the National Trust for Scotland October 12, 2021
Daily Archives: July 4, 2020
The Divan Orchestra founded by an Israeli and a Palestinian as a humanist project for friendship and dialogue is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Today, its young members are both Israeli and Arab. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent David Tereshchuk reports on the collaboration.
Parts of central and southern #China have been battered by torrential rains for over a month and more downpours are expected. In southwestern #Sichuan‘s Mianning County, 19 people have been killed and three others are missing. The national observatory has issued a rainstorm warning for the 32nd consecutive day, and officials have raised the emergency response level for communities along the Yangtze River.
Nearly 20 million people have been affected by the floods this year. In total, more than 120 have been killed or are missing across the country. Economic losses are estimated at nearly six billion U.S. dollars.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration, “Salute to America” started with a flyover by Air Force One, followed by a demonstration by the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team. READ MORE: President Donald Trump kicked off a “Salute to America” Saturday night on the grounds of the White House with a speech that revisited the language and themes of the one he delivered a night earlier at Mount Rushmore.
In his speech, the president vowed to “safeguard our values” from enemies within, including leftists, looters, and agitators.
He went on to say the United States would “never allow an angry mob to tear down our statues, erase our history.”
The president also suggested a coronavirus vaccine could come “long before the end of the year.”
Earlier Saturday, Democrat Joe Biden, Trump’s presumptive opponent in the November election, used a different tone, tweeting: “Our nation was founded on a simple idea: We’re all created equal. We’ve never lived up to it — but we’ve never stopped trying. This Independence Day, let’s not just celebrate those words, let’s commit to finally fulfill them.”
Crowds of spectators turned out along the National Mall for the event, including a large Independence Day fireworks display, despite the city’s concerns about the coronavirus. Crowds started to form Saturday morning along the mall but were smaller than a year ago and many wore masks, according to the Associated Press.
Elizabeth Crofoot, Senior Economist at The Conference Board, talked about the economic impact of COVID-19 on Gen-Z.
President Donald Trump claims to have a high IQ and is among the smartest presidents ever, so let’s go through his American history lessons and see how incorrect they are.
- “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July”
- 8 Must-Reads by Women Who Take on White Supremacy and Patriarchal Power – Yes! Magazine
- When white supremacists overthrew a government
- Why Are There SO Many Confederate Monuments?
- How Southern socialites rewrote Civil War history
- July 5th … “The Day After” Independence Day: What Do We Remember? What Do We Choose to Celebrate? What Do We Choose to Forget?
Protesters are pushing for removal of Abraham Lincoln statue from Lincoln Park in Washington D.C. because they think the posture of the free slave is offensive. Many start to think if there is a way to both preserve and reinterpret the past.
Join Thea Riofrancos and Daniel Aldana Cohen for a discussion of the Green New Deal and the future we can build out of our crisis-ridden present. This event is part of the Socialism 2020 Virtual conference. Register for the conference at http://www.socialismconference.org.
As the climate crisis escalates, the promise of a Green New Deal has captured the imagination of people across the world. Socialists know that a system based on extraction and exploitation is inherently unsustainable — we want climate justice, not green capitalism. What should be the key socialist demands of the Green New Deal, and how can we mobilize the power of the working class to win them?
Socialism 2020 is sponsored by Haymarket Books, Jacobin, and the Democratic Socialists of America
Love Modern Marvels? Stay up to date on all of your favorite History shows at https://history.com/schedule.
Who could imagine life without our “man-made weather”? On cold winter nights and hot summer days, we are grateful to the visionaries who took two basic elements and turned them into true modern marvels, in Season 9, Episode 16, “Fire and Ice”. #ModernMarvels
On the show this week, Chris Hedges discusses the nature of patriotism with West Point graduate and US Army combat veteran, Danny Sjursen.