Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Northeast braces for “bomb cyclone” winter storm January 28, 2022
- Justice Breyer’s retirement and the future of SCOTUS January 28, 2022
- Millions Bracing For Dangerous Winter Storm January 28, 2022
- Georgia bracing for arctic air January 28, 2022
- Bridge collapses near Pittsburgh January 28, 2022
- Scituate warning coastal residents ahead of nor’easter January 28, 2022
- New Hampshire Seacoast nor’easter forecast: Blizzard warning for Saturday January 28, 2022
- Video: Historic, impactful blizzard heading toward Massachusetts January 28, 2022
- City of Boston declares snow emergency ahead of storm January 28, 2022
- Tropical Storm Ana Devastates Mozambique, Malawi, Madagascar as Hundreds of Thousands Displaced January 28, 2022
- Storm Ana: heavy floods hit southern Africa after week of torrential rain January 28, 2022
- Florida feels the freeze this weekend January 28, 2022
- Powerful Nor’easter expected to slam East Coast January 28, 2022
- Blizzard and Winter Storm Warnings Issued ahead of monster storm January 28, 2022
- Snow Storm Preparedness – 1/28/22 January 28, 2022
- Dangerous storm approaches the Northeast US January 28, 2022
- Calling a Super Bubble: Front Row With Jeremy Grantham January 28, 2022
- “The Lords of Easy Money”: How the Federal Reserve Enriched Wall Street & Broke the U.S. Economy January 28, 2022
- Stephen Breyer to Retire, Giving Biden Chance to Nominate First Black Woman Supreme Court Justice January 28, 2022
- “Mega” iceberg releases 152 billion tons of fresh water as it melts into the ocean January 28, 2022
- Debate: Global Warming- Krauss, Schrag, Molina vs Lindzen, Lowson, Happer- CDI 2017 January 27, 2022
- Office hours with Professor Noam Chomsky (Dec. 2021) January 27, 2022
- SANDRA POSTEL: The #1 Water Problem in the United States January 27, 2022
- Restoring Flows to Depleted Ecosystems | Breakthrough January 27, 2022
- Sandra Postel: Troubled Waters | Nat Geo Live January 27, 2022
- SANDRA POSTEL: Why Water Means Everything to Me January 27, 2022
- TEDxMidAtalntic 2010 – Sandra Postel 11/5/10 January 27, 2022
- Sandra Postel “Replenish: The Virtuous Cycle of Water and Prosperity” January 27, 2022
- Sandra Postel: A vision for fresh water, forever January 27, 2022
- Maude Barlow conversation on Fracking and Water January 26, 2022
- Maude Barlow, “The Global Water Crisis” Or What’s Missing California January 26, 2022
- Leasing the Rain January 26, 2022
- Water Rising – Full Documentary January 26, 2022
- Maude Barlow – The Council of Canadians & the World Water Crisis January 26, 2022
- American Autumn: An Occudoc January 26, 2022
- Hominid Exceptionalism and the Intrinsic Limit of Human Power in Earth’s Ecosystem January 26, 2022
- Sustainable Water Management (SWM) Program – Tufts University January 25, 2022
- David Attenborough on His Decades-Long Career | Natural History Masterclass January 25, 2022
- Chris Hedges: Mass politics must be rooted in class struggle January 25, 2022
- Post COP26: successes, lessons learnt & what… | Oxford Martin School January 25, 2022
- The East India Company, 1600–1858: A Short History with Documents (Passages: Key Moments in History): Ian Barrow January 25, 2022
- Captives as Commodities: The Transatlantic Slave Trade: Lisa Lindsay January 25, 2022
- Merchants: The Community That Shaped England’s Trade and Empire, 1550-1650: Edmond Smith January 25, 2022
- The Anarchy: The East India Company, Corporate Violence, and the Pillage of an Empire: William Dalrymple January 25, 2022
- Local Heroes on Global Issues: Fighting for Climate Information and Common Sense January 25, 2022
- The Future of Water with Peter Gleick January 25, 2022
- Themes – World Water Atlas January 25, 2022
- Water’s Promise January 25, 2022
- Histoire des Baoulés January 25, 2022
- India’s Water Revolution #1: Solving the Crisis in 45 days with the Paani Foundation January 25, 2022
Daily Archives: July 4, 2020
The Divan Orchestra founded by an Israeli and a Palestinian as a humanist project for friendship and dialogue is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Today, its young members are both Israeli and Arab. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent David Tereshchuk reports on the collaboration.
Parts of central and southern #China have been battered by torrential rains for over a month and more downpours are expected. In southwestern #Sichuan‘s Mianning County, 19 people have been killed and three others are missing. The national observatory has issued a rainstorm warning for the 32nd consecutive day, and officials have raised the emergency response level for communities along the Yangtze River.
Nearly 20 million people have been affected by the floods this year. In total, more than 120 have been killed or are missing across the country. Economic losses are estimated at nearly six billion U.S. dollars.
U.S. President Donald Trump’s July Fourth celebration, “Salute to America” started with a flyover by Air Force One, followed by a demonstration by the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team. READ MORE: President Donald Trump kicked off a “Salute to America” Saturday night on the grounds of the White House with a speech that revisited the language and themes of the one he delivered a night earlier at Mount Rushmore.
In his speech, the president vowed to “safeguard our values” from enemies within, including leftists, looters, and agitators.
He went on to say the United States would “never allow an angry mob to tear down our statues, erase our history.”
The president also suggested a coronavirus vaccine could come “long before the end of the year.”
Earlier Saturday, Democrat Joe Biden, Trump’s presumptive opponent in the November election, used a different tone, tweeting: “Our nation was founded on a simple idea: We’re all created equal. We’ve never lived up to it — but we’ve never stopped trying. This Independence Day, let’s not just celebrate those words, let’s commit to finally fulfill them.”
Crowds of spectators turned out along the National Mall for the event, including a large Independence Day fireworks display, despite the city’s concerns about the coronavirus. Crowds started to form Saturday morning along the mall but were smaller than a year ago and many wore masks, according to the Associated Press.
Elizabeth Crofoot, Senior Economist at The Conference Board, talked about the economic impact of COVID-19 on Gen-Z.
President Donald Trump claims to have a high IQ and is among the smartest presidents ever, so let’s go through his American history lessons and see how incorrect they are.
- “What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July”
- 8 Must-Reads by Women Who Take on White Supremacy and Patriarchal Power – Yes! Magazine
- When white supremacists overthrew a government
- Why Are There SO Many Confederate Monuments?
- How Southern socialites rewrote Civil War history
- July 5th … “The Day After” Independence Day: What Do We Remember? What Do We Choose to Celebrate? What Do We Choose to Forget?
Protesters are pushing for removal of Abraham Lincoln statue from Lincoln Park in Washington D.C. because they think the posture of the free slave is offensive. Many start to think if there is a way to both preserve and reinterpret the past.
Join Thea Riofrancos and Daniel Aldana Cohen for a discussion of the Green New Deal and the future we can build out of our crisis-ridden present. This event is part of the Socialism 2020 Virtual conference. Register for the conference at http://www.socialismconference.org.
As the climate crisis escalates, the promise of a Green New Deal has captured the imagination of people across the world. Socialists know that a system based on extraction and exploitation is inherently unsustainable — we want climate justice, not green capitalism. What should be the key socialist demands of the Green New Deal, and how can we mobilize the power of the working class to win them?
Socialism 2020 is sponsored by Haymarket Books, Jacobin, and the Democratic Socialists of America
Love Modern Marvels? Stay up to date on all of your favorite History shows at https://history.com/schedule.
Who could imagine life without our “man-made weather”? On cold winter nights and hot summer days, we are grateful to the visionaries who took two basic elements and turned them into true modern marvels, in Season 9, Episode 16, “Fire and Ice”. #ModernMarvels
On the show this week, Chris Hedges discusses the nature of patriotism with West Point graduate and US Army combat veteran, Danny Sjursen.