The global COVID-19 crisis calls out for leadership and a voice of moral authority. Too narrowly conceived authoritarian power fails and aggravates the problem at hand. The horrific police brutality in the murder of George Floyd and the arbitrary and misguided authoritarianism of the U.S. President’s response to the wide-scale public outrage over police violence makes it clear once again to the world that the moral leadership of the American Presidency has totally collapsed.
* * * * *
Sources for this program include:
- Ex-Defense Secretary Mattis condemns Trump as threat to constitution
- Ret. Admiral Mike Mullen: “I Cannot Remain Silent” | Amanpour and Company
- Ret. Commander John Allen on Pres. Trump’s Military Threats | Amanpour and Company
- Joint Chiefs Chair Apologizes For Role In Trump’s Church Photo-Op | MSNBC
- Trump Compares Himself To Lincoln And Questions Protesters’ Motives | The 11th Hour | MSNBC
- How to Lincoln
- Bill Moyers Reflects on This Historic Moment | Amanpour and Company
- Youth Leading the Way for Climate Justice
- Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras Virtually Presents Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy”
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth?
- Bill McKibben – ‘If A Kid Says Help, You Help’: Adults Urged to Join Upcoming Global Climate Strike | Common Dreams News