Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Memory, Myth and Moral Authority: Recalling Images of the Past in Times of Crisis August 9, 2020
- Trump hugs and kisses the American flag at CPAC 2020 August 8, 2020
- How Donald Trump’s father instilled a culture of racism & patriarchy in the family August 8, 2020
- The Next Virus Will Be Worse! August 7, 2020
- Mary Trump on what’s at stake in the 2020 election August 7, 2020
- The Effects of the Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki August 7, 2020
- The Day Japan Surrendered, Ending WWII | NBC News August 7, 2020
- Atomic bombing of Nagasaki – BBC August 7, 2020
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombings: Were Nuclear Weapons Required to End the War? August 7, 2020
- Offstage Interview 2020 – Author: Andre Leu – Poisoning Our Children – How Glyphosate And Other Pest August 7, 2020
- Scientists raise concerns over coronavirus spread through aerosol August 7, 2020
- Off stage Interview 2020 – Author Brian Clement – Food And Lifestyles That Kill, Food And Lifestyles August 7, 2020
- Off stage Interview 2020 – Author Mary Beth Pfeiffer – Not Just Lyme: How An Adulterated Planet Let August 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — August 6, 2020 August 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — August 7, 2020 August 7, 2020
- “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”: Mary Trump on Her Uncle, President Trump, & Why He Must Be Ousted August 7, 2020
- Hiroshima: Dropping the Bomb August 7, 2020
- Problems caused by plastic August 7, 2020
- How Fox News and Right-Wing Media Brainwashed This Dad and Destroyed a Family | Opinions | NowThis August 7, 2020
- AHBS – Africa Health Business Symposium August 7, 2020
- WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 | Noam Chomsky August 7, 2020
- Extra: Full interview with Eric Schlosser August 7, 2020
- Eric Schlosser on Nuclear Weapons August 7, 2020
- Eric Schlosser on Hiroshima and John Hersey August 7, 2020
- Rising threat from the seas | DW Documentary August 7, 2020
- Day 3 (part 1 of 2): Climatological, Meteorological and Environmental factors in COVID-19 pandemic August 7, 2020
- The real reason American health care is so expensive August 7, 2020
- Who pays the lowest taxes in the US? August 7, 2020
- The coronavirus is mutating. Now what? August 7, 2020
- Africa surpasses 1 million Covid-19 cases, more than half in South Africa August 7, 2020
- Path Finder: Ex-U.S. Ambassador to China Max Baucus August 7, 2020
- Open Yale Course：Financial Markets 09. Guest Lecture by David Swensen August 7, 2020
- World’s Indigenous Peoples Day – UN Chief (9 August) August 7, 2020
- Drawings of the Amistad Captives August 7, 2020
- 1848 Seneca Falls Woman’s Rights Convention Declaration read by U.S. Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro August 7, 2020
- Why Finland has the best education system in the world August 7, 2020
- 6. Guest Speaker David Swensen August 7, 2020
- WealthTrack 447 | 05 August 7, 2020
- Yale’s Swensen Has Spat With Student Paper Over Endowment August 7, 2020
- Trump says Biden will hurt God and take away guns August 7, 2020
- President Donald Trump Attacks Joe Biden, Claims He’s “Against God.” | The 11th Hour | MSNBC August 7, 2020
- U.S. democracy or U.S. hypocrisy? August 7, 2020
- John Hersey’s Hiroshima August 7, 2020
- Hiroshima (John Hersey) summary August 7, 2020
- HIROSHIMA – John Hersey August 7, 2020
- What If Trump Refuses to Accept a Biden Victory? A Look at How Electoral Chaos Could Divide Nation August 7, 2020
- 122 – Fallout: The Hiroshima Cover-up August 7, 2020
- Bipartisan pushback to Trump election delay tweet August 7, 2020
- Trump says Biden is ‘against God and he’s against guns’ – BBC News August 7, 2020
- ‘EIA 2020 Is Disastrous’ August 7, 2020
Daily Archives: May 4, 2020
Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan has been personally affected by coronavirus. In March, the virus caused the death of her brother. Flanagan is the second Native American woman to be elected to statewide executive office in the U.S., and she talks to Michel Martin about how Native Americans – like Hispanic and African American communities – are being disproportionately hit by this crisis.
Originally aired on April 17, 2020.
The rhetorical war between the U.S. and China is growing more aggressive by the day. Now, the Trump White House is boosting a theory that the novel coronavirus was accidentally released from a lab in China’s Wuhan, where the outbreak began. Nick Schifrin reports and talks to Antony Blinken, senior foreign policy advisor to Joe Biden, and Rebeccah Heinrichs, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.
With COVID-19 cases in the U.S. still rising, many experts say the next phase in the pandemic response will require aggressive contact tracing. The technique has been used extensively in prior disease outbreaks elsewhere, but the U.S. currently lacks a nationwide tracing infrastructure. And while apps tracking movement and interactions could help, they raise privacy concerns. Amna Nawaz reports.
Monday on the NewsHour, businesses in the U.S. and parts of Europe cautiously reopen their doors. Plus: Projections of how high the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 will rise, how contact tracing could help contain new waves of infection, an unprecedented Supreme Court session, the rhetorical battle between the U.S. and China, Politics Monday and what a photographer sees on the medical front lines
‘I don’t have the coronavirus.’ — VP Mike Pence explained why he did not wear a mask while visiting staff and patients at the Mayo Clinic, where the official policy is to wear a face mask. » Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe » Sign up for our newsletter KnowThis to get the biggest stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox: https://go.nowth.is/KnowThis
In US news and current events today, Vice President Mike Pence broke the Mayo Clinic policy by refusing to wear a mask while visiting the blood and plasma donation center in Rochester, Minnesota. As of April 13, the clinic requires all patients and visitors to wear masks. Pence violated the policy as he spoke to staff and patients
As the Senate reconvenes today, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is demanding that Congress use the next stimulus bill to protect corporations from liability for workers. “He wants to protect their right to engage in egregious misconduct,” says Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen.
May 4, 2020
Healthcare is not provided in the US unless you have the right insurance or enough money to pay. The current crisis is exposing the fact that more than thirty million people are unable to receive proper healthcare for even the most basic medical needs
Alex Lawson from Social Security Works, joined Thom. To ask if Medicare should be paying for everything.
May 4, 2020
With the U.S. coronavirus death toll now over 68,000, some fatality projections referenced by the Trump administration have already been surpassed. Roughly 2,000 Americans are dying from the disease every day — and that number could still rise. Pulitzer Prize-winning science journalist Laurie Garrett joins Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest predictions and what could be done to reduce them.
The global pandemic lockdown poses new educational challenges for teaching and leaning. Self-guided learning platforms are available. Online weblogs and platforms like “Transition-Studies.Net” are accessible for teachers and professors at all levels as well as students of all ages.
In addition civic groups, faith communities, NGO groups, municipal organizations, and, indeed, citizens of all backgrounds and from all countries with internet access can now use online Internet assets to launch research and construct their own means to teach others on topics of interest to themselves or their particular group.
These platforms offer the powerful possibility of “lateral learning,” based on the principle of: “Each one reach one; each one teach one.”
Source material includes:
- Amid Shutdowns, Youth Climate Activists Are Writing the Curriculum for a Just Economic Recovery – Yes! Magazine
- Education Crisis: From Pre-K to Higher Ed, Students Face Unequal Access During Coronavirus Shutdown
- Arctic Warming: Risks for Methane Emissions
- Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a ‘Liberal Hoax’
See related discussions:
- Earth Day 2020: Beginning a Cosmic Conversation Amidst a Global Lockdown
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth? | EV & N 298 | CCTV
- “Greta, What’s Your Problem?” Marginalizing & Dismissing the Rational & Humane Voice of Youth.