Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Half-Life of Facts: Why Everything We Know Has an Expiration Date: Samuel Arbesman October 28, 2020
- Footprints of War: Militarized Landscapes in Vietnam (Weyerhaeuser Environmental Books): David Biggs October 28, 2020
- Disturbed Forests, Fragmented Memories: Jarai and Other Lives in the Cambodian Highlands (Culture, Place, and Nature): Jonathan Padwe, K. Sivaramakrishnan October 28, 2020
- Bomb Children: Life in the Former Battlefields of Laos: Leah Zani October 28, 2020
- The Lancet Commission on global mental health and sustainable development October 28, 2020
- Introduction to 3D Modeling and Scanning, Fall 2020 Digital Scholarship Workshop October 28, 2020
- Hist Lit Research Process: Finding Historical Maps October 28, 2020
- Information Literacy for the Historian October 28, 2020
- Perilous Bounty: The Looming Collapse of American Farming and How We Can Prevent It: Tom Philpott October 28, 2020
- Full Interview: Edward Snowden On Trump, Privacy, And Threats To Democracy | The 11th Hour | MSNBC October 27, 2020
- Why Are Christian Leaders Walking Away from Their Faith? October 27, 2020
- Scientists measuring marine health as metric for climate change October 27, 2020
- Does Nigeria Need Restructuring? What Are The Major Problems Of Nigeria? #ENDSARS October 27, 2020
- The Blacks in Canada: A History: Robin W. Winks October 27, 2020
- Sen. Whitehouse Gives Presentation On ‘Dark Money’ Influence On Supreme Court Nomination | MSNBC October 26, 2020
- Amy Coney Barrett refuses to tell Kamala Harris if she thinks climate change is happening October 26, 2020
- WATCH: Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s opening statement in Barrett Supreme Court confirmation hearing October 26, 2020
- WATCH: Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse speaks during hearing for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett October 26, 2020
- The Yellow Demon of Fever: Fighting Disease in the Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Slave Trade October 26, 2020
- New Report Highlights,30 Recommendations to Make,Coastal Communities More Resilient October 26, 2020
- Environmental Humanities – Yale October 26, 2020
- Trump administration says coronavirus pandemic will not be contained October 25, 2020
- Food Futures: The Choices Facing Us Now October 25, 2020
- Christian Leaders Speak Out Against The President | Morning Joe | MSNBC October 25, 2020
- TRUMP SLAMS REPORTER, WALKS OUT OF 60 MINUTES INTERVIEW | ticker October 25, 2020
- Cohen: ‘There Will Never Be A Peaceful Transition Of Power’ | MSNBC October 25, 2020
- Expert on Trump’s Executive Order Enabling Him To Fire Fauci | MSNBC October 25, 2020
- OUR FUTURE OUR PLANET: FEATURING MARK RUFFALO (8PM ET) October 25, 2020
- Textiles in the West African Coastal Trade Prior to to European Economic Penetration & Displacement October 25, 2020
- Hunting ‘Death’ – Boko Haram | Short Doc October 25, 2020
- Trump’s America | DW Documentar y October 25, 2020
- Christopher de la Torre – IMDb October 25, 2020
- “It’s Criminal”: Biden Slams Trump as Gov’t Can’t Find Parents of 54 5 Children Separated At Border October 25, 2020
- Trump Lies About COVID-19 Risks & Vaccine at Debate as Pandemic Is Tied to 300K Excess U.S. Deaths October 25, 2020
- Why scientists are so worried about this glacier October 25, 2020
- Why American public transit is so bad | 2020 Election October 25, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 23, 2020 October 24, 2020
- The Future Tsunami That Could Destroy the US East Coast October 23, 2020
- What is Climate Change? | Start Here October 23, 2020
- #AGU20: What to expect from Fall Meeting October 23, 2020
- SHE IS THE OCEAN – virtual Bay Area premiere October 23, 2020
- SHE IS THE OCEAN – Official Trailer October 23, 2020
- The Vow: Official Trailer | HBO October 23, 2020
- The Square Official Trailer #1 (2013) – Documentary October 23, 2020
- The Great Hack | Official Trailer | Netflix October 23, 2020
- Researchers unveil roadmap for a carbon neutral China by 2060 – China Dialogue October 23, 2020
- Uncle Juan Carlos: A Preventable COVID-19 Tragedy • Vote 2020 October 22, 2020
- Highlights of Donald Trump’s Leaked Interview with ’60 Minutes’ | NowThis October 22, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
- “A Barrett Confirmation Is a Catastrophe”: What Democrats Can Do to Block Trump’s Supreme Court Pick October 22, 2020
Daily Archives: May 4, 2020
Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan has been personally affected by coronavirus. In March, the virus caused the death of her brother. Flanagan is the second Native American woman to be elected to statewide executive office in the U.S., and she talks to Michel Martin about how Native Americans – like Hispanic and African American communities – are being disproportionately hit by this crisis.
Originally aired on April 17, 2020.
The rhetorical war between the U.S. and China is growing more aggressive by the day. Now, the Trump White House is boosting a theory that the novel coronavirus was accidentally released from a lab in China’s Wuhan, where the outbreak began. Nick Schifrin reports and talks to Antony Blinken, senior foreign policy advisor to Joe Biden, and Rebeccah Heinrichs, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.
With COVID-19 cases in the U.S. still rising, many experts say the next phase in the pandemic response will require aggressive contact tracing. The technique has been used extensively in prior disease outbreaks elsewhere, but the U.S. currently lacks a nationwide tracing infrastructure. And while apps tracking movement and interactions could help, they raise privacy concerns. Amna Nawaz reports.
Monday on the NewsHour, businesses in the U.S. and parts of Europe cautiously reopen their doors. Plus: Projections of how high the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 will rise, how contact tracing could help contain new waves of infection, an unprecedented Supreme Court session, the rhetorical battle between the U.S. and China, Politics Monday and what a photographer sees on the medical front lines
‘I don’t have the coronavirus.’ — VP Mike Pence explained why he did not wear a mask while visiting staff and patients at the Mayo Clinic, where the official policy is to wear a face mask. » Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe » Sign up for our newsletter KnowThis to get the biggest stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox: https://go.nowth.is/KnowThis
In US news and current events today, Vice President Mike Pence broke the Mayo Clinic policy by refusing to wear a mask while visiting the blood and plasma donation center in Rochester, Minnesota. As of April 13, the clinic requires all patients and visitors to wear masks. Pence violated the policy as he spoke to staff and patients
As the Senate reconvenes today, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is demanding that Congress use the next stimulus bill to protect corporations from liability for workers. “He wants to protect their right to engage in egregious misconduct,” says Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen.
May 4, 2020
Healthcare is not provided in the US unless you have the right insurance or enough money to pay. The current crisis is exposing the fact that more than thirty million people are unable to receive proper healthcare for even the most basic medical needs
Alex Lawson from Social Security Works, joined Thom. To ask if Medicare should be paying for everything.
May 4, 2020
With the U.S. coronavirus death toll now over 68,000, some fatality projections referenced by the Trump administration have already been surpassed. Roughly 2,000 Americans are dying from the disease every day — and that number could still rise. Pulitzer Prize-winning science journalist Laurie Garrett joins Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest predictions and what could be done to reduce them.
The global pandemic lockdown poses new educational challenges for teaching and leaning. Self-guided learning platforms are available. Online weblogs and platforms like “Transition-Studies.Net” are accessible for teachers and professors at all levels as well as students of all ages.
In addition civic groups, faith communities, NGO groups, municipal organizations, and, indeed, citizens of all backgrounds and from all countries with internet access can now use online Internet assets to launch research and construct their own means to teach others on topics of interest to themselves or their particular group.
These platforms offer the powerful possibility of “lateral learning,” based on the principle of: “Each one reach one; each one teach one.”
Source material includes:
- Amid Shutdowns, Youth Climate Activists Are Writing the Curriculum for a Just Economic Recovery – Yes! Magazine
- Education Crisis: From Pre-K to Higher Ed, Students Face Unequal Access During Coronavirus Shutdown
- Arctic Warming: Risks for Methane Emissions
- Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a ‘Liberal Hoax’
See related discussions:
- Earth Day 2020: Beginning a Cosmic Conversation Amidst a Global Lockdown
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth? | EV & N 298 | CCTV
- “Greta, What’s Your Problem?” Marginalizing & Dismissing the Rational & Humane Voice of Youth.