Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Early Facebook Investor: Social Media “Companies Have Blood on Their Hands” | Aman pour and Company January 26, 2021
- Inequality Virus: Pandemic Widens Wealth Gap for Women, People of Color as Billionaire Profits Soar January 26, 2021
- READ: House article of impeachment against Donald Trump January 26, 2021
- WATCH: Article of impeachment against Trump delivered to Senate January 26, 2021
- Doctor demonstrates breathing technique for coronavirus patients January 26, 2021
- If You Get COVID 19: Optimize Immune System (Vitamin D, Monoclonal Antibodies, NAC, Quercetin etc.) January 26, 2021
- Vitamin D and COVID 19: The Evidence for Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus (SARS CoV 2) January 26, 2021
- What Kids Need Most (featuring Dr. Gabor Mate) January 26, 2021
- How You Can Change Reality | TOM CAMPBELL January 26, 2021
- How Humans Create Realities January 26, 2021
- How Wealth Changes People | Paul Piff January 26, 2021
- The Fatal Design Of Debt-Based Money | Jem Bendell, Richard Wolff, Stephanie Kelton January 26, 2021
- Global COVID-19 cases surpass 100 million January 26, 2021
- Professor Chomsky Interview: Reflections on Education and Creativity January 26, 2021
- Noam Chomsky – On Being Truly Educated January 26, 2021
- Leonardo Boff – Education (English Subtitles) January 26, 2021
- Eco-Warrior Sleeper Cell Awakening with Joanna Macy and the Shambala Warrior Prophecy January 26, 2021
- AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS – Chris Hedges January 26, 2021
- Brazil: Thousands demand president Bolsonaro´s impeachment January 26, 2021
- Brazil: Hundreds demand Bolsonaro’s impeachment during protest outside National Congress January 26, 2021
- Protesters in NY rally against India farm laws January 26, 2021
- RootsAction January 26, 2021
- There Must Be #NoHoneymoon for Joe Biden January 26, 2021
- The Discovery of Time: Stephen Toulmin, June Goodfield January 26, 2021
- A Framework for Inclusive Capitalism – The Rockefeller Foundation January 26, 2021
- Seventeen Contradictions and the End of Capitalism: David Harvey January 26, 2021
- A Tribute to the Dream: The Need for ‘Good Trouble’ January 26, 2021
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — January 26, 2021 January 26, 2021
- Special Address by Angela Merkel, Federal Chancellor of Germany | DAVOS AGENDA 2021 January 26, 2021
- South African president urges rich countries not to hoard vaccines January 26, 2021
- India: farmers storm Delhi’s Red Fort amid violent clashes with police January 26, 2021
- India farmers protest turn violent – BBC News January 26, 2021
- Compassion For Others Starts With Staying Healthy And Loving Yourself January 26, 2021
- What a debacle! | US authorities ‘unaware’ of amount of COVID vaccine in their possessi on January 26, 2021
- The Heat: Davos 2021 January 26, 2021
- 2018 Laureate Tony Rinaudo Acceptance Speech January 26, 2021
- Ice Age Trigger Accelerates, Crazy Planets, Crazy Star, Tornado | S0 News Jan.26.2021 January 26, 2021
- WHO Africa COVID 19 online press briefing January 26, 2021
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Farming January 25, 2021
- The Legacy of Orientalism and Edward Said w/ Vivek Chibber & Bashir Abu-Manneh January 25, 2021
- EAT Special Guest Speaker Vanessa Millon from BehindTheBeet January 25, 2021
- Why Grantham Says the Next Crash Will Rival 1929, 2000 January 25, 2021
- How can business survive climate change? | The Economist January 25, 2021
- What is the Great Reset? | Davos Agenda 2021 January 25, 2021
- Stakeholder Capitalism: Building the Future | DAVOS AGENDA 2021 January 25, 2021
- Chris Hedges: How Republicans, Democrats, and the Media Have Weakened US Democracy January 25, 2021
- Enlightenment Workshop: discussion of The Enlightenment: The Pursuit of Happiness, 1680-1790 January 25, 2021
- Accelerating Grassroots Innovation (Option 1) January 25, 2021
- Restoring Economic Growth (Option 2) January 25, 2021
- Noam Chomsky at HLS January 25, 2021
Daily Archives: May 4, 2020
Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan has been personally affected by coronavirus. In March, the virus caused the death of her brother. Flanagan is the second Native American woman to be elected to statewide executive office in the U.S., and she talks to Michel Martin about how Native Americans – like Hispanic and African American communities – are being disproportionately hit by this crisis.
Originally aired on April 17, 2020.
The rhetorical war between the U.S. and China is growing more aggressive by the day. Now, the Trump White House is boosting a theory that the novel coronavirus was accidentally released from a lab in China’s Wuhan, where the outbreak began. Nick Schifrin reports and talks to Antony Blinken, senior foreign policy advisor to Joe Biden, and Rebeccah Heinrichs, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.
With COVID-19 cases in the U.S. still rising, many experts say the next phase in the pandemic response will require aggressive contact tracing. The technique has been used extensively in prior disease outbreaks elsewhere, but the U.S. currently lacks a nationwide tracing infrastructure. And while apps tracking movement and interactions could help, they raise privacy concerns. Amna Nawaz reports.
Monday on the NewsHour, businesses in the U.S. and parts of Europe cautiously reopen their doors. Plus: Projections of how high the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 will rise, how contact tracing could help contain new waves of infection, an unprecedented Supreme Court session, the rhetorical battle between the U.S. and China, Politics Monday and what a photographer sees on the medical front lines
‘I don’t have the coronavirus.’ — VP Mike Pence explained why he did not wear a mask while visiting staff and patients at the Mayo Clinic, where the official policy is to wear a face mask. » Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe » Sign up for our newsletter KnowThis to get the biggest stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox: https://go.nowth.is/KnowThis
In US news and current events today, Vice President Mike Pence broke the Mayo Clinic policy by refusing to wear a mask while visiting the blood and plasma donation center in Rochester, Minnesota. As of April 13, the clinic requires all patients and visitors to wear masks. Pence violated the policy as he spoke to staff and patients
As the Senate reconvenes today, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is demanding that Congress use the next stimulus bill to protect corporations from liability for workers. “He wants to protect their right to engage in egregious misconduct,” says Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen.
May 4, 2020
Healthcare is not provided in the US unless you have the right insurance or enough money to pay. The current crisis is exposing the fact that more than thirty million people are unable to receive proper healthcare for even the most basic medical needs
Alex Lawson from Social Security Works, joined Thom. To ask if Medicare should be paying for everything.
May 4, 2020
With the U.S. coronavirus death toll now over 68,000, some fatality projections referenced by the Trump administration have already been surpassed. Roughly 2,000 Americans are dying from the disease every day — and that number could still rise. Pulitzer Prize-winning science journalist Laurie Garrett joins Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest predictions and what could be done to reduce them.
The global pandemic lockdown poses new educational challenges for teaching and leaning. Self-guided learning platforms are available. Online weblogs and platforms like “Transition-Studies.Net” are accessible for teachers and professors at all levels as well as students of all ages.
In addition civic groups, faith communities, NGO groups, municipal organizations, and, indeed, citizens of all backgrounds and from all countries with internet access can now use online Internet assets to launch research and construct their own means to teach others on topics of interest to themselves or their particular group.
These platforms offer the powerful possibility of “lateral learning,” based on the principle of: “Each one reach one; each one teach one.”
Source material includes:
- Amid Shutdowns, Youth Climate Activists Are Writing the Curriculum for a Just Economic Recovery – Yes! Magazine
- Education Crisis: From Pre-K to Higher Ed, Students Face Unequal Access During Coronavirus Shutdown
- Arctic Warming: Risks for Methane Emissions
- Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a ‘Liberal Hoax’
See related discussions:
- Earth Day 2020: Beginning a Cosmic Conversation Amidst a Global Lockdown
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth? | EV & N 298 | CCTV
- “Greta, What’s Your Problem?” Marginalizing & Dismissing the Rational & Humane Voice of Youth.