Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Great Transformation: The Political and Economic Origins of Our Time: Karl Polanyi January 31, 2023
- Fred Block: The Tenacity of the Free Market Ideology January 31, 2023
- Marxist Economist Richard Wolff on How the Debt Ceiling Benefits the Rich & Powerful January 31, 2023
- Africa’s Founding Father Warned the World of the Coming Imperialism January 30, 2023
- David Cay Johnston: The Perils Of Our Growing Inequality January 29, 2023
- America Vs. Everyone January 29, 2023
- Richard Dawkins and long-time rival Denis Noble go head to head on the selfish gene | Who is right? January 29, 2023
- Chomsky’s Philosophy – YouTube Channel January 29, 2023
- Noam Chomsky on Leninism January 29, 2023
- Will Julian Assange ever be freed? | The Chris Hedges Report January 29, 2023
- We Were Wrong about Keynes James Crotty January 29, 2023
- How China’s Economy Actually Works January 29, 2023
- Israeli Security Cabinet approves new measures after Jerusalem attacks | DW News January 29, 2023
- U.S. Elite Fear U.S. Losing Its Dominance – Global Capitalism with Richard Wolff January 29, 2023
- Middle Passages: African American Journeys to Africa, 1787-2005: James T. Campbell January 29, 2023
- Norman Manley : Portrait of a Hero – Federaton: the Trial Marriage 1947 – 1962 January 29, 2023
- 1976 interview with Jamaican PM Manley on political violence January 29, 2023
- What’s the difference between the IMF and the World Bank? | CNBC Explains January 29, 2023
- (Jamaica) IMF decimating one country after another January 29, 2023
- Free trade – clip from life and debt January 29, 2023
- Life and Debt – Stephanie Black – Behind the Lens – POV | PBS January 29, 2023
- “Life and Debt” trailer January 29, 2023
- Black History Month: Junie James January 29, 2023
- Tipping Points in Permafrost Systems: Impact of Local Tipping Points January 28, 2023
- Why tech companies are wrong to think electric cars are a solution to climate change January 28, 2023
- The EU’s first ‘ecocide’ trial: toxic chemicals found in French homes January 28, 2023
- Dutch authorities arrest protesters after climate activists blocked road near The Hague January 28, 2023
- National Forest Gutted By Trump Under New Threat Despite Biden Protections January 28, 2023
- Coding Land & Ideas | The Laws of Capitalism Episode 1 January 28, 2023
- Adair Turner: The Consequences of Money-Manager Capitalism January 28, 2023
- Inequality 101 | Trailer January 28, 2023
- Varieties of the Rat Race: Conspicuous Consumption in the US & Germany January 28, 2023
- The End of American Exceptionalism January 28, 2023
- How solar energy got so cheap, and why it’s not everywhere (yet) January 28, 2023
- Cargo ship transporting nearly 4,000 made-in-China vehicles en route to Europe January 28, 2023
- Kenya’s horticulture crisis January 28, 2023
- African countries urged to enhance COVID-19 response January 28, 2023
- Our world: Post-pandemic January 28, 2023
- Morning Live Show | Jan.28.2023 January 28, 2023
- The Ancestral Healing Summit – Free Registration January 28, 2023
- Julian Assange and the war on whistleblowers w/Kevin Gosztola | The Chris Hedges Report January 27, 2023
- Exploring Cosmic Threats to Planet Earth | The Universe (S7, E3) | Full Episode January 27, 2023
- How one school is helping students catch up on unfinished learning from the pandemic January 27, 2023
- Why so many Americans know little about the history of the Holocaust January 27, 2023
- The Turning Point: China’s optimized COVID policy January 27, 2023
- The Turning Point: Vaccines for Global Public Good January 27, 2023
- An Introduction to Open Restitution Africa January 27, 2023
- Kenya: Awaiting the return of the Pokomo drum January 27, 2023
- Open Restitution Africa January 27, 2023
- Fossil Fuel Divest Harvard Alumni January 26, 2023
Daily Archives: May 4, 2020
Minnesota Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan has been personally affected by coronavirus. In March, the virus caused the death of her brother. Flanagan is the second Native American woman to be elected to statewide executive office in the U.S., and she talks to Michel Martin about how Native Americans – like Hispanic and African American communities – are being disproportionately hit by this crisis.
Originally aired on April 17, 2020.
The rhetorical war between the U.S. and China is growing more aggressive by the day. Now, the Trump White House is boosting a theory that the novel coronavirus was accidentally released from a lab in China’s Wuhan, where the outbreak began. Nick Schifrin reports and talks to Antony Blinken, senior foreign policy advisor to Joe Biden, and Rebeccah Heinrichs, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.
With COVID-19 cases in the U.S. still rising, many experts say the next phase in the pandemic response will require aggressive contact tracing. The technique has been used extensively in prior disease outbreaks elsewhere, but the U.S. currently lacks a nationwide tracing infrastructure. And while apps tracking movement and interactions could help, they raise privacy concerns. Amna Nawaz reports.
Monday on the NewsHour, businesses in the U.S. and parts of Europe cautiously reopen their doors. Plus: Projections of how high the U.S. death toll from COVID-19 will rise, how contact tracing could help contain new waves of infection, an unprecedented Supreme Court session, the rhetorical battle between the U.S. and China, Politics Monday and what a photographer sees on the medical front lines
‘I don’t have the coronavirus.’ — VP Mike Pence explained why he did not wear a mask while visiting staff and patients at the Mayo Clinic, where the official policy is to wear a face mask. » Subscribe to NowThis: http://go.nowth.is/News_Subscribe » Sign up for our newsletter KnowThis to get the biggest stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox: https://go.nowth.is/KnowThis
In US news and current events today, Vice President Mike Pence broke the Mayo Clinic policy by refusing to wear a mask while visiting the blood and plasma donation center in Rochester, Minnesota. As of April 13, the clinic requires all patients and visitors to wear masks. Pence violated the policy as he spoke to staff and patients
As the Senate reconvenes today, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is demanding that Congress use the next stimulus bill to protect corporations from liability for workers. “He wants to protect their right to engage in egregious misconduct,” says Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen.
May 4, 2020
Healthcare is not provided in the US unless you have the right insurance or enough money to pay. The current crisis is exposing the fact that more than thirty million people are unable to receive proper healthcare for even the most basic medical needs
Alex Lawson from Social Security Works, joined Thom. To ask if Medicare should be paying for everything.
May 4, 2020
With the U.S. coronavirus death toll now over 68,000, some fatality projections referenced by the Trump administration have already been surpassed. Roughly 2,000 Americans are dying from the disease every day — and that number could still rise. Pulitzer Prize-winning science journalist Laurie Garrett joins Judy Woodruff to discuss the latest predictions and what could be done to reduce them.
The global pandemic lockdown poses new educational challenges for teaching and leaning. Self-guided learning platforms are available. Online weblogs and platforms like “Transition-Studies.Net” are accessible for teachers and professors at all levels as well as students of all ages.
In addition civic groups, faith communities, NGO groups, municipal organizations, and, indeed, citizens of all backgrounds and from all countries with internet access can now use online Internet assets to launch research and construct their own means to teach others on topics of interest to themselves or their particular group.
These platforms offer the powerful possibility of “lateral learning,” based on the principle of: “Each one reach one; each one teach one.”
Source material includes:
- Amid Shutdowns, Youth Climate Activists Are Writing the Curriculum for a Just Economic Recovery – Yes! Magazine
- Education Crisis: From Pre-K to Higher Ed, Students Face Unequal Access During Coronavirus Shutdown
- Arctic Warming: Risks for Methane Emissions
- Noam Chomsky: How Climate Change Became a ‘Liberal Hoax’
See related discussions:
- Earth Day 2020: Beginning a Cosmic Conversation Amidst a Global Lockdown
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- Before All the World the Youth Challenge the Fatal Myopia, Greed & Childishness of the Trump Generation
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth? | EV & N 298 | CCTV
- “Greta, What’s Your Problem?” Marginalizing & Dismissing the Rational & Humane Voice of Youth.