Aug 30, 2019
A global trade war could cost economies up to 5% of GDP, and yet the impact on the bottom-line of individual firms could be much higher. As businesses require a stable environment for growth, what changes to trade rules are needed for greater stability?
This session was developed in partnership with CNBC.
– Charles Li, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX), Hong Kong SAR, China.
– Mari Elka Pangestu, Professor of International Economics, University of Indonesia, Indonesia.
– Timothy P. Stratford, Managing Partner, Beijing, Covington & Burling, People’s Republic of China.
– Yi Xiaozhun, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organization (WTO), Geneva.
– Geoff Cutmore, Anchor, CNBC, United Kingdom.