Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Uncle Juan Carlos: A Preventable COVID-19 Tragedy • Vote 2020 October 22, 2020
- Highlights of Donald Trump’s Leaked Interview with ’60 Minutes’ | NowThis October 22, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
- “A Barrett Confirmation Is a Catastrophe”: What Democrats Can Do to Block Trump’s Supreme Court Pick October 22, 2020
- Introduction to Omeka October 22, 2020
- Omeka and Digital Archives (HASTAC Scholars Digital Collections Webinar with Jim McGrath) October 22, 2020
- Teaching and Researching with Scalar (HASTAC Scholars Webinar) October 22, 2020
- Webinar: Education as if the Earth Mattered October 22, 2020
- Sahel: Fastest Growing Crises! 2 million people displaced October 22, 2020
- Meet the young environmentalists restoring Nairobi’s ‘lungs’ October 22, 2020
- LIVE on Oct. 22 at 9:30 a.m.: Former CIA director John O. Brennan with David Ignatius October 22, 2020
- Angles on Bending Lines: with guest Maggie Owens October 22, 2020
- Teach with Maps : Maury Whale Chart (Episode 1) October 22, 2020
- The political economy of COVID-19: Impacts on agriculture and food policies October 22, 2020
- Global Skills Outlook 2021: Scenarios for a Learning Reset October 22, 2020
- How are immigrants treated in the US? | We Need To Talk October 22, 2020
- Emily Wilson, “Plagues from the Past”: 2020 Mark Strand Memorial Reading at Beinecke Library October 22, 2020
- Rapid diagnostic testing for COVID-19 in Africa October 22, 2020
- Expanding the Supreme Court, Explained | NowThis October 21, 2020
- The Palgrave Handbook of Islam in Africa: Fallou Ngom, Mustapha H. Kurfi, Toyin Falola October 21, 2020
- Burning the Books: A History of the Deliberate Destruction of Knowledge: Ovenden, Richard October 21, 2020
- “After more than a century, the science is clear. The economics is clear.” William D. Nordhaus October 21, 2020
- Experts give briefing on Covid-19 at Union world conference – watch live October 21, 2020
- Upcoming Religion & Ecology Events – October 2020 October 21, 2020
- Tim Bennett Explains: Why the oil price is so volatile October 21, 2020
- Here’s What Drives The Price Of Oil | CNBC October 21, 2020
- Petroleum – modern history of oil October 21, 2020
- U.S. election determined by former felons? October 21, 2020
- As Trump Plummets, Niece Mary Trump Tells Media To Stop Pretending He’s ‘Normal’ | MSNBC October 21, 2020
- Nigeria: security forces in Lagos open fire on protesters fighting against police brutality October 21, 2020
- ‘You can’t have your cake and eat it’: EU council president on Brexit October 21, 2020
- Trump’s Closing Message is Full Authoritarianism | NowThis October 21, 2020
- Tim O’Brien: Trump’s Reported Chinese Bank Account Is A National Security Threat | The Last Word October 21, 2020
- NYT Exposes Trump Chinese Bank Account, Millions In China-Connected Deals While President October 21, 2020
- Trump called CNN ‘bastards’ for covering Covid-19. Hear Keilar’s response October 21, 2020
- Fauci on his media restrictions, Trump contracting COVID, masks, voting and more October 21, 2020
- Trump abruptly ends ’60 Minutes’ solo interview October 21, 2020
- How America could lose its allies | 2020 Election October 21, 2020
- How to Stop Trump from Stealing the Election | Robert Reich October 21, 2020
- The Good Shepherd Official Trailer October 20, 2020
- Novum Organum ‘New Method’: Francis Bacon October 20, 2020
- Sen. Cory Gardner Spreads Climate Conspiracies | NowThis October 20, 2020
- How Two Ex-Green Berets Were Lured Into A Disastrous Failed Coup In Venezuela October 20, 2020
- If you adults won’t save the world, we will | Xiye Bastida October 20, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
- “A Fire That Has Spread Across the Country”: Jelani Cobb on Voter Suppression in the 2020 Election October 20, 2020
- “A Blow Against Neoliberalism”: Socialist Wins Bolivia Election a Year After Coup Ousted Evo Morales October 20, 2020
- Equity and Justice in Carbon Removal October 19, 2020
- Joe’s Climate Plan October 19, 2020
- “Totally Under Control”: New documentary explores Trump administration’s COVID-19 failure October 19, 2020
Daily Archives: November 19, 2019
Published on Nov 19, 2019
The Trump administration has announced it no longer views Israel settlements in the occupied West Bank to be a violation of international law, in another blow to possible Israel-Palestine peace negotiations. On Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced a reversal to the U.S. position, putting the U.S. at odds with the international community. A U.N. resolution in 2016 declared the settlements a “flagrant violation” of international law. Israel’s embattled Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomed Pompeo’s announcement as a historic day for Israel, but Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat condemned the U.S. decision. Soon after Mike Pompeo announced the new U.S. policy, the U.S. Embassy in Israel issued a travel warning to Americans in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza. From Washington, D.C., we speak with Noura Erakat, a Palestinian human rights attorney and legal scholar. She is an assistant professor at Rutgers University and the author of “Justice for Some: Law and the Question of Palestine.”
Published on Nov 19, 2019
Thousands marched across Bolivia Monday to demand the resignation of Jeanine Áñez, the right-wing senator who declared herself president of Bolivia last week after longtime socialist President Evo Morales resigned under pressure from the military. The coup d’état has thrown Bolivia into crisis, with violence across the country leaving at least 23 dead. On Friday, the military gunned down nine pro-Morales protesters outside Cochabamba, where indigenous people took to the streets again on Monday. Thousands more marched to the presidential palace in La Paz. The wave of protests are condemning the spike in anti-indigenous violence under interim President Áñez and demanding the return of Evo Morales. Áñez has a history of using racist, anti-indigenous language, and last week she issued a decree protecting the military from prosecution for violent acts and said that Morales would face prosecution if he returned to Bolivia. Morales is Bolivia’s first indigenous president, and Bolivia has a majority indigenous population. We speak with Sacha Llorenti, Bolivian ambassador to the United Nations since 2012. “We are going through not just a coup d’état, but a violent one,” Llorenti says.
Feb 26, 2014
El Mediterráneo se desecó hace seis millones de años y volvió a inundarse de nuevo, cerca de setecientos mil años después. Para saber más: http://bit.ly/1fNnq6x
Jun 18, 2013
Six million years ago, the Mediterranean Sea nearly dried up during what is called the “Messinian Salinity Crisis”. This movie shows a physics-based computer simulation of the breach of Gibraltar and the flood of the basin. A similar event 10,000 years ago, in the then populated Black Sea basin, may have been the source of the Noah’s Arc narrative. For more tsunami and natural hazard information visit http://es.ucsc.edu/~ward.
Nov 19, 2019
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
The misuse and overuse of antimicrobials, including antibiotics,
is causing antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Every time we use antimicrobials to treat infections
– in people, animals and plants –
these germs have a chance to adapt to the treatment,
making those medicines less effective over time.
This is why farmers have a key role in fighting AMR.
Are you a farmer? Here is what you need to do!
Clean often to get rid of germs that make animals and people sick.
Separate animals when they get sick to help prevent the infection from spreading.
Keep animal feed dry and stored safely away from potential sources of germs.
Avoid stress for your animals.
Ensure your animals have good nutrition.
Seek veterinary advice before treating your animals.
Without these treatments, people, animals and plants
are at risk of dying from infections.
We all can take action now to keep antimicrobials working as they should!
Feb 12, 2013
How big is the universe … compared with a grain of sand? Subscribe to the Guardian HERE: http://bitly.com/UvkFpD ‘You’ll never get your head around how big the universe is,’ warns astronomer Pete Edwards of the University of Durham in this film about measuring astronomical distances. ‘There are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on the Earth.’ So how far is a light year? And supposing our galaxy were the size of a grain of sand, how big would the universe be?
Nov 19, 2019
Lingering bushfire smoke has made Sydney’s air hazardous, with emergency crews issuing health warnings for those with breathing issues.
Nov 19, 2019
Nov 19, 2019
People in Sydney woke up to a city shrouded in smoke on Tuesday, as scores of bushfires rage across the region.
Strong winds overnight brought smoke from fires inland, pushing the air quality in Australia’s largest city to beyond “hazardous” levels at times.
On social media, locals have described hazy skies and the stench of smoke in their homes.
About five million people live in the state capital of New South Wales, which has been affected for weeks by fires.
Six people have died in bushfires in the state’s north since October.
Nov 19, 2019
Lily has been homeless for a year and a half. A young filmmaker gave her a phone for three days to tell us her story. Directed by Giulia Gandini & Lily Blackham Produced by Giulia Gandini & Hannah Siden Edited by Colm McElligott Sound by Sebastian Dressel Supported by BFI Future Film, UNA Westminster, We The Peoples Film Festival, Gorilla Gorilla! Productions, Be Inspired Films, Creative Conscience.