Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Articles of impeachment next step facing Trump December 5, 2019
- Why Are We Subsidizing Fossil Fuels? December 5, 2019
- Why You Can’t Have The Green New Deal Without Young People December 5, 2019
- The Green New Deal Doesn’t Need Republicans December 5, 2019
- Extinction Rebellion: Times Square Takeover December 5, 2019
- Greta Thunberg Does The Carbon Budget Math December 5, 2019
- House Speaker Pelosi Announces Articles of Impeachment Draft December 5, 2019
- See The Damning Evidence In New Trump Impeachment Report | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC December 5, 2019
- Democrats Move to Draft Articles of Impeachment Against Trump December 5, 2019
- WATCH: Pelosi fires back at reporter who asks if she ‘hates’ Trump December 5, 2019
- The Reporter Who Asked Nancy Pelosi About Hating Trump Is Human Garbage December 5, 2019
- Eriel Deranger on Teck Frontier Mine at COP 25 December 5, 2019
- 9/11: An Architect’s Guide – Part 2 – Twin Towers’ Explosive Destruction (11-14-19) Webinar – Gage) December 5, 2019
- 9/11: An Architect’s Guide | Part 1: World Trade Center 7 (12/5/19 webinar – R Gage) December 5, 2019
- 9/11: An Architect’s Guide – Part 3: The Twin Towers and Extreme Heat (12/19/19 Webinar December 5, 2019
- Severe Weather Warning | Emma Thompson | Extinction Rebellion December 5, 2019
- GWSP: Leveraging Knowledge and Engagement to Solve the Water Crisis December 5, 2019
- Politicians Reap Unlimited Lobbyist Gifts December 5, 2019
- Obama ‘can’t take a stand’ says Cornel West December 5, 2019
- Threshold Series Lecture – Cornel West December 5, 2019
- We Have Saturated The Earth With Really Dangerous Toxins December 5, 2019
- Cornel West: There is ‘a neo-fascist in the White House’ | UpFront December 5, 2019
- Are These Signs of Oncoming Economic Disaster? December 5, 2019
- 2019 Presidential Forum on Environmental Justice December 5, 2019
- Fiona Watson: Indigenous groups face “genocide” protecting Amazon December 5, 2019
- Edward Snowden: If I Came Back to the U.S., I Would Likely Die in Prison for Telling the Truth December 5, 2019
- Building a 100 Percent Clean Economy: Solutions for Economy-Wide Deep Decarbonization December 5, 2019
- Report: Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions to Hit Record High in 2019 December 5, 2019
- Impeachment Report Reveals Who Rudy Giuliani Was Calling – Day That Was | MSNBC December 5, 2019
- Harvard Students Protest University Decision to Deny Tenure to Popular Latina Professor December 5, 2019
- Aminatou Haidar Honored For Decades of Peaceful Resistance in Western Sahara, Africa’s Last Colony December 5, 2019
- “Alternative Nobel Prize:” Right Livelihood Award Celebrates 40 Years Honoring Grassroots Activists December 5, 2019
- Greta Thunberg To Be Honored for Climate Activism With Right Livelihood Award December 5, 2019
- Sweden Provides Free Higher Education, Universal Healthcare, Free Daycare — W hy Can’t the U.S.? December 5, 2019
- 5 Visits Along the Hudson River December 5, 2019
- Malta’s ‘golden passports’: Why do the super-rich want them? – BBC News December 5, 2019
- Hutchins Center Live Stream – Colloquium with Beatriz Marcheco-Teruel (12-04-19) December 5, 2019
- Hutchins Center Live Stream – Nikole Hannah-Jones w/Henry Louis Gates, Jr. (12-04-19) December 5, 2019
- The Classic Slave Narratives: Henry Louis Gates December 5, 2019
- The Origins of the Modern World: A Global and Environmental Narrative from the Fifteenth to the Twenty-First Century (World Social Change): Robert B. Marks December 4, 2019
- How Did Trump Get To The Brink Of Impeachment? The Ukraine Bribery Plot Explained | MSNBC December 4, 2019
- Jamie Clarke on the first ever UK General Election debate focused on climate change December 4, 2019
- New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery, and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan: Jill Lepore December 4, 2019
- Root and Branch: African Americans in New York and East Jersey, 1613-1863: Graham Russell Gao Hodges December 4, 2019
- New York and Slavery: Time to Teach the Truth: Alan J. Singer December 4, 2019
- Slavery in New York: Ira Berlin, Leslie M. Harris December 4, 2019
- In the Shadow of Slavery: African Americans in New York City, 1626-1863 (Historical Studies of Urban America): Leslie M. Harris December 4, 2019
- When The Dutch Ruled The World: Rise and Fall of the Dutch East India Company December 4, 2019
- Anglo-Dutch Wars | 3 Minute History December 4, 2019
- How did the Dutch Revolutionise Warfare in the 17th Century? December 4, 2019
Daily Archives: November 19, 2019
Published on Nov 19, 2019
The Trump administration has announced it no longer views Israel settlements in the occupied West Bank to be a violation of international law, in another blow to possible Israel-Palestine peace negotiations. On Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced a reversal to the U.S. position, putting the U.S. at odds with the international community. A U.N. resolution in 2016 declared the settlements a “flagrant violation” of international law. Israel’s embattled Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomed Pompeo’s announcement as a historic day for Israel, but Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat condemned the U.S. decision. Soon after Mike Pompeo announced the new U.S. policy, the U.S. Embassy in Israel issued a travel warning to Americans in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza. From Washington, D.C., we speak with Noura Erakat, a Palestinian human rights attorney and legal scholar. She is an assistant professor at Rutgers University and the author of “Justice for Some: Law and the Question of Palestine.”
Published on Nov 19, 2019
Thousands marched across Bolivia Monday to demand the resignation of Jeanine Áñez, the right-wing senator who declared herself president of Bolivia last week after longtime socialist President Evo Morales resigned under pressure from the military. The coup d’état has thrown Bolivia into crisis, with violence across the country leaving at least 23 dead. On Friday, the military gunned down nine pro-Morales protesters outside Cochabamba, where indigenous people took to the streets again on Monday. Thousands more marched to the presidential palace in La Paz. The wave of protests are condemning the spike in anti-indigenous violence under interim President Áñez and demanding the return of Evo Morales. Áñez has a history of using racist, anti-indigenous language, and last week she issued a decree protecting the military from prosecution for violent acts and said that Morales would face prosecution if he returned to Bolivia. Morales is Bolivia’s first indigenous president, and Bolivia has a majority indigenous population. We speak with Sacha Llorenti, Bolivian ambassador to the United Nations since 2012. “We are going through not just a coup d’état, but a violent one,” Llorenti says.
Feb 26, 2014
El Mediterráneo se desecó hace seis millones de años y volvió a inundarse de nuevo, cerca de setecientos mil años después. Para saber más: http://bit.ly/1fNnq6x
Jun 18, 2013
Six million years ago, the Mediterranean Sea nearly dried up during what is called the “Messinian Salinity Crisis”. This movie shows a physics-based computer simulation of the breach of Gibraltar and the flood of the basin. A similar event 10,000 years ago, in the then populated Black Sea basin, may have been the source of the Noah’s Arc narrative. For more tsunami and natural hazard information visit http://es.ucsc.edu/~ward.
Nov 19, 2019
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
The misuse and overuse of antimicrobials, including antibiotics,
is causing antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Every time we use antimicrobials to treat infections
– in people, animals and plants –
these germs have a chance to adapt to the treatment,
making those medicines less effective over time.
This is why farmers have a key role in fighting AMR.
Are you a farmer? Here is what you need to do!
Clean often to get rid of germs that make animals and people sick.
Separate animals when they get sick to help prevent the infection from spreading.
Keep animal feed dry and stored safely away from potential sources of germs.
Avoid stress for your animals.
Ensure your animals have good nutrition.
Seek veterinary advice before treating your animals.
Without these treatments, people, animals and plants
are at risk of dying from infections.
We all can take action now to keep antimicrobials working as they should!
Feb 12, 2013
How big is the universe … compared with a grain of sand? Subscribe to the Guardian HERE: http://bitly.com/UvkFpD ‘You’ll never get your head around how big the universe is,’ warns astronomer Pete Edwards of the University of Durham in this film about measuring astronomical distances. ‘There are as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on the Earth.’ So how far is a light year? And supposing our galaxy were the size of a grain of sand, how big would the universe be?