The SlaveVoyages.org website has celebrated 10 years of successful operation. The newly redesigned and expanded website is the product of three years of development by a multi-disciplinary team of historians, librarians, curriculum specialists, cartographers, computer programmers, and web designers, in consultation with scholars of the slave trade from universities in Europe, Africa, South America, and North America.
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Introduces the Slave Voyages Website
- The Africa Map Circle – “Explorations”
- The African Historical Graphics Archive
- Mapping the Slave Trade: 1556-1823 – A Digital Humanities Project
- Africa & World Historical Cartography: Old Maps, New Technologies, New Questions & New Communities
- A Short Overview of Emerging Digital Technologies for Research & Teaching in African History & Cultural Studies
* * *