Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Frigid Golden Age: Climate Change, the Little Ice Age, and the Dutch Republic, 1560–1720 (Studies in Environment and History) Dagomar Degroot September 17, 2021
- Empires of Knowledge: Scientific Networks in the Early Modern World September 17, 2021
- 1831 Proposal for a Black College in New Haven with Michael Morand: Mondays at Beinecke 9/13/21 September 16, 2021
- Spanning Oceans – Bridging Traditions: Libraries, the Global Humanities & the “Overview Effect” in a Digitized World September 16, 2021
- Noam Chomsky Lectures on Modern-Day American Imperialism: Middle East and Beyond September 15, 2021
- Lincoln Project’s Steve Schmidt “There’s a Battle for Control of MAGA Empire ” | Amanpour and Company September 15, 2021
- Calm During COVID: Mindful Breathing September 15, 2021
- Reckoning with History: Michael Morand on 1748 Map of New Haven, Mondays at Beinecke, Feb. 15, 2021 September 15, 2021
- Cartography & Colonialism: European Imaging and Imagining of the “Dark Continent” from the“Age of Exploration” to the “Scramble” for its Control September 15, 2021
- 1177 B.C.: When Civilization Collapsed | Eric Cline September 14, 2021
- Biden Pushes $3.5 Trillion Climate Change Solution September 14, 2021
- We need IMMEDIATE action to stop extinction crisis, David Attenborough – BBC September 14, 2021
- The Day the Mesozoic Died: The Asteroid That Killed the Dinosaurs — HHMI BioInteractive Video September 14, 2021
- Evolution: Extinction (PBS Documentary) September 14, 2021
- CDC director on COVID boosters, global vaccine supply, evolving virus science September 14, 2021
- The Barbary States – The Final Years September 14, 2021
- Introduction to the James Weldon Johnson Memorial Collection with Curator Melissa Barton September 14, 2021
- W E B Du Bois Collection September 14, 2021
- David Blight on James Weldon Johnson: Mondays at Beinecke, June 7, 2021 September 14, 2021
- Celebrating E.C. Schroeder’s Retirement from the Beinecke Library September 14, 2021
- Should creationism be taught in British schools? – Newsnight September 14, 2021
- Inspiring Knowledge: Professor Alice Roberts and Vesalius’ anatomy September 14, 2021
- Ethiopic Manuscripts and Global Books with Kristen Herdman: Mondays at Beinecke, June 21, 2021 September 14, 2021
- Winterthur Museum, Care in Handling, Chapter 4, Books September 14, 2021
- French Bibliomaniacs (book collectors)-CBS Sunday Morning September 14, 2021
- Collecting Rare Books – Rebecca Romney September 14, 2021
- About Bauman Rare Books September 14, 2021
- Handling Harvard’s Special Collections September 14, 2021
- Using the Reading Room and Handling Materials in the Beinecke Library September 14, 2021
- Hiroshima September 14, 2021
- Hear a $15 Million Stradivarius | Now Hear This | Great Performances on PBS September 14, 2021
- McNamara’s Folly: The Use of Low-IQ Troops in the Vietnam War September 14, 2021
- Noam Chomsky on Afghanistan (Post-9/11) September 14, 2021
- Starving for a deal: Food prices Skyrocket September 13, 2021
- Captured at Sea (Atelier: Ethnographic Inquiry in the Twenty-First Century) (Volume 3): Jatin Dua September 13, 2021
- How to Lie with Statistics by Darrell Geis Huff September 13, 2021
- How to Lie with Maps (2nd Edition): Mark Monmonier, H. J. de Blij September 13, 2021
- Whose Narrative? 20 Years since September 11, 2001 September 12, 2021
- Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror | Official Trailer | Netflix September 12, 2021
- Shock and Awe Official Trailer #1 (2018) Woody Harrelson, Jessica Biel Iraq War Movie HD September 12, 2021
- Future of Work | Farming and the Technological Revolution | PBS September 12, 2021
- Does messaging with fear really work? September 12, 2021
- If I just explain the facts, they’ll get it, right? September 12, 2021
- “Turning Point”: Legacy of the U.S. Response to 9/11 Is Terror, Dome stic Surveillance & Drones September 12, 2021
- John Pilger on Afghanistan: US Military a Killing Machine! & How The Taliban Went From Ally to Enemy September 12, 2021
- Not Only What To Eat, But When To Eat It September 12, 2021
- DOJ Sues Texas Over Restrictive Abortion Law September 12, 2021
- Climate change is raising sea levels. A new study says it’s impossible to reverse September 12, 2021
- Tipping Points in our Earth System: Highly Nonlinear Cascading Feedbacks: 2 of 2 September 12, 2021
- Science Update: 2 C or not 2 C September 12, 2021
Daily Archives: July 2, 2019
Published on Jul 2, 2019
Exposing Industry and Government Lies About Safety of Genetically Engineered Foods
The biotech industry’s claim that genetically modified (GM) foods are safe is shattered in this groundbreaking lecture. Safety assessments on GM crops are not competent to identify the health problems, and industry research is rigged to avoid finding problems.
This lecture is for anyone wanting to understand GM technology, to learn how to protect themselves, or to share their concerns with others. It is presented in the clear, accessible style that made Jeffrey Smith’s Seeds of Deception the world’s best-selling book on genetically engineered foods.
The leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices, Jeffrey Smith’s meticulous research documents how biotech companies continue to mislead legislators and safety officials to put the health of society at risk and the environment in peril. His work expertly summarizes why the safety assessments conducted by the FDA and regulators worldwide teeter on a foundation of outdated science and false assumptions, and why genetically engineered foods must urgently become our nation’s top food safety priority.
Mr. Smith’s feature-length documentary Genetic Roulette-The Gamble of Our Lives was awarded the 2012 Movie of the Year (Solari Report) and the Transformational Film of the Year (AwareGuide). Described as a “life-changer” and seen by millions worldwide, the film links genetically engineered food to toxic and allergic reactions, infertility, digestive disorders, and numerous problems that have been on the rise in the US population since genetically modified organisms (GMOs) were introduced.
Connect with The Real Truth About Health http://www.therealtruthabouthealth.com/ https://www.facebook.com/The-Real-Tru… https://www.instagram.com/therealtrut… https://twitter.com/RTAHealth
Passionate believers in whole food plant based diets, no chemicals, minimal pharmaceutical drugs, no GMO’s. Fighting to stop climate change and extinction.
Published on Jul 2, 2019
This short video will help prepare students in STOCKSCH 379, Agricultural Systems Thinking, for a homework assignment on identifying structures that impact human behavior.
Published on Jul 2, 2019
British Academy Film Award and Academy Award nominee, Keira Knightley, OBE, has come out in support of Extinction Rebellion.
Keira has lent her voice to defend the climate and tell the truth in this new, short film that summarises the crisis from how we got here, and what we must do now.
The animation shows why government must enter crisis mode and choose a different path than the one we are on because it will lead us to extinction.
Keira joins Emma Thompson, Stephen Fry, William Dafoe, Javier Bardem, Paloma Faith, Radiohead and all other people who know that we are facing an unprecedented global emergency.
Learn more and #rebelforlife
World Map of Extinction Rebellion Groups: http://bit.ly/2wri78B
Published on Feb 27, 2017
Archeologists and scholars are learning more about Africa than ever before, from the digitization of records and the unearthing of ancient treasures. Audie Cornish talks with Henry Louis Gates Jr. of Harvard University about Africa’s rich but overlooked history and how his six-part PBS series “Africa’s Great Civilizations” took shape.
Published on Jun 26, 2019
Presenters: Volker Krey (IIASA) and Jonas Parnow (FHP) Summary: The scenario finder helps to quickly identify relevant scenarios and is designed based on use cases identified by stakeholders. It allows to filter scenarios by qualitative metadata, results, and input assumptions. The first prototype is online and allows filtering by qualitative data, but will soon be updated to integrate value-based filtering and to enable to inspect a selection of the scenarios into the scenario explorer.
Published on Jun 26, 2019
Presenter: Boris Mueller (FHP) Summary: SENSES Toolkit gives access to modules that allow you to learn about scenarios, explore them and to download and share insights. Specific finance and policy portals will give access to a subset of modules which are considered especially relevant for these sectors. The toolkit can be navigated vertically following the three columns learn, explore & share, as well as horizontally through links within the modules.