Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- White House Chief of Staff Defends G7 Location [But, then….] Trump Ditches Hosting G7 Summit at his Golf Course October 20, 2019
- ‘I see women being on Mars just as much as men’ October 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg at Edmonton Canada Vote Green Party October 19, 2019
- Temi Ibirogba on the African migrant crisis to Europe and the Americas October 19, 2019
- Consequential week in impeachment inquiry – The Day That Was | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- MPs back Brexit deal delay – BBC News October 19, 2019
- Trump’s Claim Kurds Are Happy: ‘It’s Simply Absurd, Cruel, It Makes H im Stupid’ | Deadline | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- GOP lawmaker on quid pro quo: It’s serious and troubling October 19, 2019
- John Kasich calls for Trump’s impeachment: I say it with great sadness October 19, 2019
- Nancy Pelosi: Trump had a meltdown in meeting October 19, 2019
- The “Doctrine of Discovery” justified indigenous genocide in 1493. Here’s why it must be retracted. October 19, 2019
- Why Most Americans Want To See “Far Left” Policies? October 18, 2019
- Nili Gilbert on sustainable, long-term investing October 18, 2019
- John Kasich on supporting impeachment and the question Trump voters should ask themselves October 18, 2019
- Have Humans Fucked It All Up? | John Seed a Deep Ecology Perspective October 18, 2019
- Jane Fonda returns to civil disobedience for climate change October 18, 2019
- Greta met by supporters, critics in Alberta October 18, 2019
- XR TV 18 October 2019: Closing Ceremony October 18, 2019
- What on Earth Have We Done? | We Need to Act Now! | Extinction Rebellion October 18, 2019
- How impeachment inquiry and Senate trial could unfold October 17, 2019
- Rachel Maddow On Corruption In the Oil And Gas Industry | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- White House confirms aid to Ukraine contingent on 2016 election probe October 17, 2019
- Retired admiral: America is under attack from Trump October 17, 2019
- China a Rising Destination for Higher Education October 17, 2019
- Rep. Adam Smith On Trump’s Meeting Meltdown: ‘Very Dismissive And Very Insulting’ | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- Trump Has ‘Meltdown’ As Giuliani Faces Criminal Probe | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- The great death of insects | DW Documentary (Ecology documentary) October 17, 2019
- IMF lowers forecasts over trade battles October 17, 2019
- The Honorable Rosa DeLauro – Chubb Fellowship Address – October 2019 October 17, 2019
- Your ketchup might be from NW China’s Xinjiang October 17, 2019
- Trump Admin Proposes Opening Up Tongass National Forest to Logging October 17, 2019
- Homewreckers: How Wall Street, Banks & Trump’s Inner Circle Used the 2008 Housing Cras h to Get Rich October 17, 2019
- BBC News | Clare Farrell | 17.10.2019 | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- Jay Griffiths, “What we’re doing is utterly utterly necessary and right…” | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- What Ancient Climate Can Teach Us About Today’s Crisis October 17, 2019
- Black Tudors: Three Untold Stories October 17, 2019
- “Meltdown”: Trump Defends Syria Withdrawal as House Votes 354 to 60 to Condemn His Actions October 17, 2019
- While Angels Weep… Doing Theology on a Small Planet October 17, 2019
- Wilderness and Paradise in Chistian Thought: George H. Williams October 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg gets mixed reaction upon arrival in Alberta October 16, 2019
- The Evolutionary History of Plants | From Plant To Planet with Nellie Nilsen | BBC Earth October 16, 2019
- Jeff Goodell on American Climate Refugees – the New Joads October 16, 2019
- Motivated Sellers: Disaster Capitalism in the Bahamas, Coming to a Neighborhood near You | Climate Denial Crock of the Week October 16, 2019
- Who bought Ecuador’s president? October 15, 2019
- The New Feudalism October 15, 2019
- Space capitalism: Is asteroid mining and space colonization legal? | Peter Ward October 15, 2019
- How to Save the Natural World: The Problem October 15, 2019
- We need to track the world’s water like we track the weather | Sonaar Luthra October 15, 2019
- Action on Climate Change: The Sustainable Growth Story of the 21st Century October 15, 2019
- “Measuring poverty around the world” – Tony Atkinson October 15, 2019
Daily Archives: June 30, 2019
European Heat Wave Shatters June Records in 7 Nations; France Set a New All-Time Record High | The Weather Channel
Published on Aug 2, 2017
Henry Kissinger and Graham Allison on the U.S., China, and the Thucydides’s Trap July 11, 2017 at the Harvard Club of New York City
Published on Jun 14, 2018
NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers might find advice provided in this talk to be helpful as a complementary approach, please do not look to this talk for medical advice as nutrigenomics is currently an emerging field of study. We’ve flagged this talk for falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. This talk only represents the speaker’s personal views and experiences with diet, chronic illness, molecular biology, and human health. Certain statements and claims are not yet supported by legitimate scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/t…
Dr. Klaper says he had an awakening while putting people to sleep. When we awaken to the damage that a meat-based diet creates in our body and the toll that the industrial production of animal flesh inflicts upon our planet, we then become aware that the single most effective action anyone can take to improve their personal health and help heal our injured planet is to reduce, or better, eliminate their consumption of meat. Dr. Michael Klaper is a gifted clinician, internationally recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on diet and health. He has practiced medicine for more than 40 years and is a leading educator in applied plant-based nutrition and integrative medicine. He is also the author of a successful book on cholesterol-free nutrition and an upcoming title (to be announced in 2018), as well as numerous DVDs and Videos on Demand, a series of “Healthy YOU Webinars,” and dozens of articles. A source of inspiration advocating plant-based diets and the end of animal cruelty worldwide, Dr. Klaper contributed to the making of two PBS television programs Food for Thought and the award-winning Diet for a New America movie based on the book of the same name. Dr. Michael Klaper teaches that “Health Comes From Healthy Living” and is dedicated to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
James Hansen, Ph.D. – The Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity – Offstage
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Energy, Climate, and Human Health: Young People’s Burden and Opportunities by James Hansen, Ph.D.
James Hansen is an esteemed adjunct professor from America. At present, he professes at Columbia University in the department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. The former head of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Hansen is famous as “father of global warming” given his citations on early warning signs in 1980s regarding the contemporary burning issue of global warming. He is also a very ardent climate activist.
James Edward Hansen was born on March 29, 1941 to James Ivan Hansen & Gladys Ray Hansen in Denison, Iowa. He was deeply inspired by Red Giants and White Dwarfs written by Robert Jastrow in his high school which in turn encouraged him to decide on a career in science.
Trained in astronomy & physics from University of Iowa, James Hansen received his Bachelor’s degree in mathematics & Physics in 1963 with the highest distinction. He earned his M.S in 1965 in Astronomy and in 1967 he obtained his PhD degree in physics- all 3 were from Iowa University. From 1962-1966, James Hansen was a participant in NASA graduate traineeship program and he was also a visiting student of Kyoto University (Astrophysics Department) and Tokyo University (Astronomy) during the same time. In 1967, he began working for Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
The world-famous scientist is especially renowned for his research in climatology & his provision of testimony regarding climate change in 1988 to the congressional committees. He helped to raise awareness in regards to global warming & also propagates actions or means to mitigate heinous effects of climate change.
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Emily Eavis, co-organiser and daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, reveals the history of the festival and its deep relationship with the nature surrounding it.
Streamed live on Apr 7, 2018
Jason Ross, co-author of the Schiller institute Special Report, “Extending The New Silk Road To West Africa And Asia: A Vision Of An Economic Renaissance,” delivers the second address of the April 7 International Schiller Institute conference. With a population the size of that of India, and the youngest population of any continent in the world, Africa’s physical economic development through joint work done by the United States with China would silence the racialists of the old colonial regimes forever. The world’s two largest economies, using Sun Yat-Sen’s and Abraham Lincoln’s “Three Principles of the People,” could spearhead an anti-colonial development process, removing the poverty that triggers radicalism and war.
Get your report: http://newparadigm.schillerinstitute….
===More about the April 7 Conference===
American President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin could together, in the next months, make the most important set of decisions to affect humanity since the Renaissance of the fifteenth century. The possible settlement of the Korea issue is only one example. The right decisions made by these three nations and their allies in the next weeks, could begin, in the near term, to eliminate poverty, colonialism and war from the planet. The solutions for eliminating this triple evil lie both in our stars, and in ourselves.
British Imperial forces have temporarily lost control of the failing transatlantic geopolitical process. Now, they are attempting to re-take the advantage. As with British Intelligence agent Christopher Steele’s Russia-Gate hoax, now, the “Russia poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter” hoax is intended to drive a wedge between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. If this effort succeeds, all the work done by Devin Nunes’ House Intelligence Committee, and others, to reveal the corrupt role of members of the FBI, Department of Justice, State Department and others in the British-run coup against the American Presidency in 2016, will be for nothing.
Perpetual war, as advocated by the Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama Administrations, can be replaced with a new economic platform and a new cultural paradigm.
On Saturday, April 7, Schiller institute founder Helga Zepp-LaRouche will keynote this conference to rally Americans to that optimistic perspective. Adopting the economic measures and outlook known as the LaRouche Four Laws while embracing the still-offered Chinese proposal, would provide the basis to deliver a rapid upshift in American productive employment, living standards, and the education of youth in the United States.
The basis for dialogue among the “Big Three” Presidencies is contained in a March 1984 document by Lyndon LaRouche entitled “Draft Memorandum of Agreement Between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.” It begins:
“The political foundation for durable peace must be: a) The unconditional sovereignty of each and all nation-states, and b) Cooperation among sovereign nation-states to the effect of promoting unlimited opportunities to participate in the benefits of technological progress, to the mutual benefit of each and all.
“The most crucial feature of present implementation of such a policy of durable peace is a profound change in the monetary, economic, and political relations between the dominant powers and those relatively subordinated nations often classed as ‘developing nations.’ Unless the inequities lingering in the aftermath of modem colonialism are progressively remedied, there can be no durable peace on this planet.”