Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Social Dynamics : Global Demographics – Vikram Mansharamani May 29, 2020
- Outfoxed • Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism • FULL DOCUMENTARY FILM exposes Fox News May 29, 2020
- Brainwashing Media Commentaries – Edward S. Herman May 29, 2020
- How Covid-19 could redesign our world – BBC Future May 29, 2020
- “No Justification”: Minneapolis Demands Murder Charges for Police Officer Who Killed George Floyd May 28, 2020
- Protests erupt across the US in wake of George Floyd’s death May 28, 2020
- Could the pandemic usher in a new era of working from home? May 28, 2020
- Covering Coronavirus: United States of Conspiracy | FRONTLINE | PBS | Official Site May 28, 2020
- Land O’Lakes CEO Beth Ford on challenges in farming during pandemic (FULL STREAM 5/27) May 28, 2020
- Will coronavirus end? Covid-19 may become endemic and last years – The Washington Post May 28, 2020
- Greta Thunberg | COP 25 High Level Event on Climate Emergency | Extinction Rebellion May 28, 2020
- 2020 Harvard Extension School Virtual Graduation Ceremony May 28, 2020
- A new coronavirus crisis: Cities and towns face financial peril as pandemic drags on May 28, 2020
- The Trump campaign is creating an alternate reality online about coronavirus | The Fact Checker May 28, 2020
- Ask A Scientist LIVE Ep3: Agroecology: can we feed the world without destroying it? May 28, 2020
- “We feel forgotten”: Detainees face horrid carceral conditions amid COVID-19 May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus outbreak: WHO warns from COVID-19 threats on access to vaccines globally | FULL May 28, 2020
- Why are some Western countries so nervous about the national security legislation for Hong Kong? May 28, 2020
- Mike Pompeo: The dark side of the Trump administration May 28, 2020
- WHO Says Covid-19 ‘May Never Go Away’ May 28, 2020
- Webinar: ‘The Future of Land Cover, Land Management and Climate Change’ May 28, 2020
- No Health Without Mental Health: Denny Morrison at TEDxBloomington May 28, 2020
- Mental Health for All by Involving All | Vikram Patel | TED Talks May 28, 2020
- Robert Reich: While Average Americans Struggle, Major Corporations Are Coming Out Ahead During The Pandemic May 28, 2020
- Florida Hit With Extreme Flooding As Sea Levels Rise | NowThis May 27, 2020
- How COVID-19 is Changing Restaurants May 27, 2020
- South Africa’s Mental Health Care Falls By Wayside During Coronavirus Pandemic May 27, 2020
- Africa and COVID-19 Webinar Series: COVID-19 and the African Economy | Harvard University Center for African Studies May 27, 2020
- Maps of Africa to 1900 | Digital Collections at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library May 27, 2020
- The Land Institute: James Bowden, Soil Ecology – Technician Takeover May 27, 2020
- President Trump Plays Golf as COVID-19 Death Toll Nears 100,000 | Amanpour and Company May 27, 2020
- FRGND Interview with Dave Chapman May 27, 2020
- The Land Institute: Spencer Barriball, Perennial Legumes – Technician Takeover May 27, 2020
- Expert: Fact-checking Trump tweets ‘appropriate’ May 27, 2020
- Will We Have to Purge the Republican Party To Save America? May 27, 2020
- What John Maynard Keynes Can Teach Us About The Coronavirus Crisis May 27, 2020
- WATCH LIVE: Answers to your questions on summer plans during the coronavirus pandemic May 27, 2020
- The 2020 James Beard Award Nominees | James Beard Foundation May 27, 2020
- Taco Chronicles | Netflix Official Site May 27, 2020
- 4p1000 Initiative May 27, 2020
- Seth Itzkan 4p1000 Presentation May 14, 2020 May 27, 2020
- Noam Chomsky – Manufacturing Consent May 26, 2020
- Yuval Noah Harari: Workplace Automation & the “Useless Class” May 26, 2020
- Yuval Noah Harari: “An algorithm that knows you better than you know yourself” May 26, 2020
- A.I. is as threatening as climate change and nuclear war, says philosopher Yuval Noah Harar May 26, 2020
- Coronavirus: Yuval Noah Harari, philosopher and historian, on the legacy of Covid-19 – BBC HARDtalk May 26, 2020
- The Spread of Disinformation and the 2020 Election | Amanpour and Company | Amanpour and Company May 26, 2020
- Some Universities Are About to Be “Walking Dead” | Amanpour and Company May 26, 2020
- Study Warns 1.1 Million Children Could Die as Pandemic Interrupts Access to Food & Medical Care May 26, 2020
- Trump’s anti-coronavirus farce May 26, 2020
Daily Archives: June 30, 2019
European Heat Wave Shatters June Records in 7 Nations; France Set a New All-Time Record High | The Weather Channel
Published on Aug 2, 2017
Henry Kissinger and Graham Allison on the U.S., China, and the Thucydides’s Trap July 11, 2017 at the Harvard Club of New York City
Published on Jun 14, 2018
NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers might find advice provided in this talk to be helpful as a complementary approach, please do not look to this talk for medical advice as nutrigenomics is currently an emerging field of study. We’ve flagged this talk for falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. This talk only represents the speaker’s personal views and experiences with diet, chronic illness, molecular biology, and human health. Certain statements and claims are not yet supported by legitimate scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/t…
Dr. Klaper says he had an awakening while putting people to sleep. When we awaken to the damage that a meat-based diet creates in our body and the toll that the industrial production of animal flesh inflicts upon our planet, we then become aware that the single most effective action anyone can take to improve their personal health and help heal our injured planet is to reduce, or better, eliminate their consumption of meat. Dr. Michael Klaper is a gifted clinician, internationally recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on diet and health. He has practiced medicine for more than 40 years and is a leading educator in applied plant-based nutrition and integrative medicine. He is also the author of a successful book on cholesterol-free nutrition and an upcoming title (to be announced in 2018), as well as numerous DVDs and Videos on Demand, a series of “Healthy YOU Webinars,” and dozens of articles. A source of inspiration advocating plant-based diets and the end of animal cruelty worldwide, Dr. Klaper contributed to the making of two PBS television programs Food for Thought and the award-winning Diet for a New America movie based on the book of the same name. Dr. Michael Klaper teaches that “Health Comes From Healthy Living” and is dedicated to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
James Hansen, Ph.D. – The Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity – Offstage
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Energy, Climate, and Human Health: Young People’s Burden and Opportunities by James Hansen, Ph.D.
James Hansen is an esteemed adjunct professor from America. At present, he professes at Columbia University in the department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. The former head of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Hansen is famous as “father of global warming” given his citations on early warning signs in 1980s regarding the contemporary burning issue of global warming. He is also a very ardent climate activist.
James Edward Hansen was born on March 29, 1941 to James Ivan Hansen & Gladys Ray Hansen in Denison, Iowa. He was deeply inspired by Red Giants and White Dwarfs written by Robert Jastrow in his high school which in turn encouraged him to decide on a career in science.
Trained in astronomy & physics from University of Iowa, James Hansen received his Bachelor’s degree in mathematics & Physics in 1963 with the highest distinction. He earned his M.S in 1965 in Astronomy and in 1967 he obtained his PhD degree in physics- all 3 were from Iowa University. From 1962-1966, James Hansen was a participant in NASA graduate traineeship program and he was also a visiting student of Kyoto University (Astrophysics Department) and Tokyo University (Astronomy) during the same time. In 1967, he began working for Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
The world-famous scientist is especially renowned for his research in climatology & his provision of testimony regarding climate change in 1988 to the congressional committees. He helped to raise awareness in regards to global warming & also propagates actions or means to mitigate heinous effects of climate change.
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Emily Eavis, co-organiser and daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, reveals the history of the festival and its deep relationship with the nature surrounding it.
Streamed live on Apr 7, 2018
Jason Ross, co-author of the Schiller institute Special Report, “Extending The New Silk Road To West Africa And Asia: A Vision Of An Economic Renaissance,” delivers the second address of the April 7 International Schiller Institute conference. With a population the size of that of India, and the youngest population of any continent in the world, Africa’s physical economic development through joint work done by the United States with China would silence the racialists of the old colonial regimes forever. The world’s two largest economies, using Sun Yat-Sen’s and Abraham Lincoln’s “Three Principles of the People,” could spearhead an anti-colonial development process, removing the poverty that triggers radicalism and war.
Get your report: http://newparadigm.schillerinstitute….
===More about the April 7 Conference===
American President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin could together, in the next months, make the most important set of decisions to affect humanity since the Renaissance of the fifteenth century. The possible settlement of the Korea issue is only one example. The right decisions made by these three nations and their allies in the next weeks, could begin, in the near term, to eliminate poverty, colonialism and war from the planet. The solutions for eliminating this triple evil lie both in our stars, and in ourselves.
British Imperial forces have temporarily lost control of the failing transatlantic geopolitical process. Now, they are attempting to re-take the advantage. As with British Intelligence agent Christopher Steele’s Russia-Gate hoax, now, the “Russia poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter” hoax is intended to drive a wedge between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. If this effort succeeds, all the work done by Devin Nunes’ House Intelligence Committee, and others, to reveal the corrupt role of members of the FBI, Department of Justice, State Department and others in the British-run coup against the American Presidency in 2016, will be for nothing.
Perpetual war, as advocated by the Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama Administrations, can be replaced with a new economic platform and a new cultural paradigm.
On Saturday, April 7, Schiller institute founder Helga Zepp-LaRouche will keynote this conference to rally Americans to that optimistic perspective. Adopting the economic measures and outlook known as the LaRouche Four Laws while embracing the still-offered Chinese proposal, would provide the basis to deliver a rapid upshift in American productive employment, living standards, and the education of youth in the United States.
The basis for dialogue among the “Big Three” Presidencies is contained in a March 1984 document by Lyndon LaRouche entitled “Draft Memorandum of Agreement Between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.” It begins:
“The political foundation for durable peace must be: a) The unconditional sovereignty of each and all nation-states, and b) Cooperation among sovereign nation-states to the effect of promoting unlimited opportunities to participate in the benefits of technological progress, to the mutual benefit of each and all.
“The most crucial feature of present implementation of such a policy of durable peace is a profound change in the monetary, economic, and political relations between the dominant powers and those relatively subordinated nations often classed as ‘developing nations.’ Unless the inequities lingering in the aftermath of modem colonialism are progressively remedied, there can be no durable peace on this planet.”