Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Palestinian lawmaker: Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib were kept out to hide Israeli apartheid August 17, 2019
- Watch: Heavy rain floods Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar August 17, 2019
- Satellite shows extent of terrible destruction to the planet August 17, 2019
- Brazilian government defends record on Amazon deforestation August 17, 2019
- All but 15 of the world’s 195 countries attend endangered wildlife conference August 17, 2019
- Vann Newkirk: We must consider reparations for generations of black landowners who were robbed August 17, 2019
- Hong Kong gov’t to spend 19.1 bln HKD on relief measures August 17, 2019
- Hong Kong protests continue as Cathay Pacific CEO resigns August 17, 2019
- All eyes on the Hong Kong protesters August 17, 2019
- How Greta Thunberg plans to cross the Atlantic carbon-free | DW News August 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg embarks on zero-carbon trip to climate summit August 17, 2019
- ‘The green movement has become hysterical’ — Brendan O’Neill on Greta Thunberg August 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg speaks as she sets sail for U.S. climate summit August 17, 2019
- Indonesia has plans to move capital from sinking Jakarta to Borneo August 17, 2019
- United States of Distraction: Media Manipulation in Post-Truth America August 17, 2019
- Why Europe Doesn’t Build Skyscrapers August 17, 2019
- Protest leader leaves Hong Kong to pursue master’s degree in U.S. August 17, 2019
- A 15 Year Old Hong Kong Student Talks About What Protests Mean for Her and Her Future August 16, 2019
- Global carbon emissions increased at a record rate in 2018 – Climate Action August 16, 2019
- World falling short on sustainable energy goals, finds report – Climate Action August 16, 2019
- Treasures of a dinosaur hunt – BBC News August 16, 2019
- Horrors in Hiroshima to Nuclear Nonchalance Now? August 16, 2019
- Greenland Is Not For Sale: Denmark Rejects Trump Proposal to Buy Territory August 16, 2019
- NOAA: July Was Officially the Hottest Month on Record + related August 16, 2019
- The Great Land Robbery: How Federal Policies Dispossessed Black Americans of Millions of Acres August 16, 2019
- What we know about deadly radiation explosion at Russian military site August 16, 2019
- Exclusive: President ousted by US-led coup tells all August 16, 2019
- Firefighters are hard at work rescuing villagers in NW China August 16, 2019
- Accelerating Sea-Level Rise with Increase in Extreme Weather Frequency, Severity, and Duration August 15, 2019
- China’s UK envoy addresses situation in Hong Kong August 15, 2019
- Thank You! – Yale Forestry School August 15, 2019
- Men afraid to act pro-environment because they don’t want to seem gay: study August 15, 2019
- China warns US to stop missile site shopping August 15, 2019
- Scientists fly over Greenland to track melting ice August 15, 2019
- CARTA presents Anthropogeny: The Perspective from Africa: Opening Remarks August 15, 2019
- White supremacist Pat Buchanan will co-star on public television’s relaunched Mc Laughlin Group August 15, 2019
- Gibraltar Judge Agrees to Release Seized Iranian Oil Tanker August 15, 2019
- Gibraltar Releases Iran Tanker, Grace 1, Despite U.S. Appeal August 15, 2019
- NASA official gets look at next moon rocket August 15, 2019
- Virgin Galactic Opens ‘Gateway to Space’ at Spaceport America August 15, 2019
- France Honours The Forgotten WWII Soldiers From Its Former Colonies August 15, 2019
- 9/11: An Architect’s Guide | Part 1: World Trade Center 7 (8/15/19 webinar – R Gage) August 15, 2019
- UN warns of climate crisis as July revealed as hottest month ever recorded – Climate Action August 15, 2019
- 2019 Hutchins Forum ‘Divided We Stand: Can We Overcome?’ August 15, 2019
- Swedish Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Sets Sail for U.N. Conference August 15, 2019
- Scientists Warn Microplastic Pollution Has Gone Airborne, Threatening Human Health August 15, 2019
- Newark Officials Suspend Bottled Water Distribution as Lead Crisis Grows August 15, 2019
- Iowa Rep. Steve King Says Rape and Incest Helped Populate the World August 15, 2019
- Italian Court Allows Rescued Migrants to Disembark as Hundreds More Remain Stranded at Sea August 15, 2019
- Study Finds CEO Pay Increased 1,000% Since 1978 While Wages Stagnated August 15, 2019
Daily Archives: June 30, 2019
European Heat Wave Shatters June Records in 7 Nations; France Set a New All-Time Record High | The Weather Channel
Published on Aug 2, 2017
Henry Kissinger and Graham Allison on the U.S., China, and the Thucydides’s Trap July 11, 2017 at the Harvard Club of New York City
Published on Jun 14, 2018
NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers might find advice provided in this talk to be helpful as a complementary approach, please do not look to this talk for medical advice as nutrigenomics is currently an emerging field of study. We’ve flagged this talk for falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. This talk only represents the speaker’s personal views and experiences with diet, chronic illness, molecular biology, and human health. Certain statements and claims are not yet supported by legitimate scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/t…
Dr. Klaper says he had an awakening while putting people to sleep. When we awaken to the damage that a meat-based diet creates in our body and the toll that the industrial production of animal flesh inflicts upon our planet, we then become aware that the single most effective action anyone can take to improve their personal health and help heal our injured planet is to reduce, or better, eliminate their consumption of meat. Dr. Michael Klaper is a gifted clinician, internationally recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on diet and health. He has practiced medicine for more than 40 years and is a leading educator in applied plant-based nutrition and integrative medicine. He is also the author of a successful book on cholesterol-free nutrition and an upcoming title (to be announced in 2018), as well as numerous DVDs and Videos on Demand, a series of “Healthy YOU Webinars,” and dozens of articles. A source of inspiration advocating plant-based diets and the end of animal cruelty worldwide, Dr. Klaper contributed to the making of two PBS television programs Food for Thought and the award-winning Diet for a New America movie based on the book of the same name. Dr. Michael Klaper teaches that “Health Comes From Healthy Living” and is dedicated to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
James Hansen, Ph.D. – The Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity – Offstage
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Energy, Climate, and Human Health: Young People’s Burden and Opportunities by James Hansen, Ph.D.
James Hansen is an esteemed adjunct professor from America. At present, he professes at Columbia University in the department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. The former head of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Hansen is famous as “father of global warming” given his citations on early warning signs in 1980s regarding the contemporary burning issue of global warming. He is also a very ardent climate activist.
James Edward Hansen was born on March 29, 1941 to James Ivan Hansen & Gladys Ray Hansen in Denison, Iowa. He was deeply inspired by Red Giants and White Dwarfs written by Robert Jastrow in his high school which in turn encouraged him to decide on a career in science.
Trained in astronomy & physics from University of Iowa, James Hansen received his Bachelor’s degree in mathematics & Physics in 1963 with the highest distinction. He earned his M.S in 1965 in Astronomy and in 1967 he obtained his PhD degree in physics- all 3 were from Iowa University. From 1962-1966, James Hansen was a participant in NASA graduate traineeship program and he was also a visiting student of Kyoto University (Astrophysics Department) and Tokyo University (Astronomy) during the same time. In 1967, he began working for Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
The world-famous scientist is especially renowned for his research in climatology & his provision of testimony regarding climate change in 1988 to the congressional committees. He helped to raise awareness in regards to global warming & also propagates actions or means to mitigate heinous effects of climate change.
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Emily Eavis, co-organiser and daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, reveals the history of the festival and its deep relationship with the nature surrounding it.
Streamed live on Apr 7, 2018
Jason Ross, co-author of the Schiller institute Special Report, “Extending The New Silk Road To West Africa And Asia: A Vision Of An Economic Renaissance,” delivers the second address of the April 7 International Schiller Institute conference. With a population the size of that of India, and the youngest population of any continent in the world, Africa’s physical economic development through joint work done by the United States with China would silence the racialists of the old colonial regimes forever. The world’s two largest economies, using Sun Yat-Sen’s and Abraham Lincoln’s “Three Principles of the People,” could spearhead an anti-colonial development process, removing the poverty that triggers radicalism and war.
Get your report: http://newparadigm.schillerinstitute….
===More about the April 7 Conference===
American President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin could together, in the next months, make the most important set of decisions to affect humanity since the Renaissance of the fifteenth century. The possible settlement of the Korea issue is only one example. The right decisions made by these three nations and their allies in the next weeks, could begin, in the near term, to eliminate poverty, colonialism and war from the planet. The solutions for eliminating this triple evil lie both in our stars, and in ourselves.
British Imperial forces have temporarily lost control of the failing transatlantic geopolitical process. Now, they are attempting to re-take the advantage. As with British Intelligence agent Christopher Steele’s Russia-Gate hoax, now, the “Russia poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter” hoax is intended to drive a wedge between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. If this effort succeeds, all the work done by Devin Nunes’ House Intelligence Committee, and others, to reveal the corrupt role of members of the FBI, Department of Justice, State Department and others in the British-run coup against the American Presidency in 2016, will be for nothing.
Perpetual war, as advocated by the Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama Administrations, can be replaced with a new economic platform and a new cultural paradigm.
On Saturday, April 7, Schiller institute founder Helga Zepp-LaRouche will keynote this conference to rally Americans to that optimistic perspective. Adopting the economic measures and outlook known as the LaRouche Four Laws while embracing the still-offered Chinese proposal, would provide the basis to deliver a rapid upshift in American productive employment, living standards, and the education of youth in the United States.
The basis for dialogue among the “Big Three” Presidencies is contained in a March 1984 document by Lyndon LaRouche entitled “Draft Memorandum of Agreement Between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.” It begins:
“The political foundation for durable peace must be: a) The unconditional sovereignty of each and all nation-states, and b) Cooperation among sovereign nation-states to the effect of promoting unlimited opportunities to participate in the benefits of technological progress, to the mutual benefit of each and all.
“The most crucial feature of present implementation of such a policy of durable peace is a profound change in the monetary, economic, and political relations between the dominant powers and those relatively subordinated nations often classed as ‘developing nations.’ Unless the inequities lingering in the aftermath of modem colonialism are progressively remedied, there can be no durable peace on this planet.”