Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Story of The Radium Girls September 19, 2021
- Radium Girls September 19, 2021
- RADIUM GIRLS Trailer (2020) Joey King, Drama Movie September 19, 2021
- BBC World Service – The Real Story, Methane: The other greenhouse gas September 18, 2021
- BBC World Service – The Real Story, What’s China doing to fight climate change? September 18, 2021
- Apple, Google, Cowed By Putin, Remove Russian Protest Voting App As Election Begins September 18, 2021
- All-civilian SpaceX crew returns to Earth September 18, 2021
- The Second American Revolution September 18, 2021
- Trump’s Psychological Disorder Exposed September 18, 2021
- Climate Security Public Panel Discussion September 18, 2021
- Slavery in the Age of Revolution exhibition | Balliol College, University of Oxford September 17, 2021
- The Frigid Golden Age: Climate Change, the Little Ice Age, and the Dutch Republic, 1560–1720 (Studies in Environment and History) Dagomar Degroot September 17, 2021
- Empires of Knowledge: Scientific Networks in the Early Modern World September 17, 2021
- 1831 Proposal for a Black College in New Haven with Michael Morand: Mondays at Beinecke 9/13/21 September 16, 2021
- Spanning Oceans – Bridging Traditions: Libraries, the Global Humanities & the “Overview Effect” in a Digitized World September 16, 2021
- Noam Chomsky Lectures on Modern-Day American Imperialism: Middle East and Beyond September 15, 2021
- Lincoln Project’s Steve Schmidt “There’s a Battle for Control of MAGA Empire ” | Amanpour and Company September 15, 2021
- Calm During COVID: Mindful Breathing September 15, 2021
- Reckoning with History: Michael Morand on 1748 Map of New Haven, Mondays at Beinecke, Feb. 15, 2021 September 15, 2021
- Cartography & Colonialism: European Imaging and Imagining of the “Dark Continent” from the“Age of Exploration” to the “Scramble” for its Control September 15, 2021
- 1177 B.C.: When Civilization Collapsed | Eric Cline September 14, 2021
- Biden Pushes $3.5 Trillion Climate Change Solution September 14, 2021
- We need IMMEDIATE action to stop extinction crisis, David Attenborough – BBC September 14, 2021
- The Day the Mesozoic Died: The Asteroid That Killed the Dinosaurs — HHMI BioInteractive Video September 14, 2021
- Evolution: Extinction (PBS Documentary) September 14, 2021
- CDC director on COVID boosters, global vaccine supply, evolving virus science September 14, 2021
- The Barbary States – The Final Years September 14, 2021
- Introduction to the James Weldon Johnson Memorial Collection with Curator Melissa Barton September 14, 2021
- W E B Du Bois Collection September 14, 2021
- David Blight on James Weldon Johnson: Mondays at Beinecke, June 7, 2021 September 14, 2021
- Celebrating E.C. Schroeder’s Retirement from the Beinecke Library September 14, 2021
- Should creationism be taught in British schools? – Newsnight September 14, 2021
- Inspiring Knowledge: Professor Alice Roberts and Vesalius’ anatomy September 14, 2021
- Ethiopic Manuscripts and Global Books with Kristen Herdman: Mondays at Beinecke, June 21, 2021 September 14, 2021
- Winterthur Museum, Care in Handling, Chapter 4, Books September 14, 2021
- French Bibliomaniacs (book collectors)-CBS Sunday Morning September 14, 2021
- Collecting Rare Books – Rebecca Romney September 14, 2021
- About Bauman Rare Books September 14, 2021
- Handling Harvard’s Special Collections September 14, 2021
- Using the Reading Room and Handling Materials in the Beinecke Library September 14, 2021
- Hiroshima September 14, 2021
- Hear a $15 Million Stradivarius | Now Hear This | Great Performances on PBS September 14, 2021
- McNamara’s Folly: The Use of Low-IQ Troops in the Vietnam War September 14, 2021
- Noam Chomsky on Afghanistan (Post-9/11) September 14, 2021
- Starving for a deal: Food prices Skyrocket September 13, 2021
- Captured at Sea (Atelier: Ethnographic Inquiry in the Twenty-First Century) (Volume 3): Jatin Dua September 13, 2021
- How to Lie with Statistics by Darrell Geis Huff September 13, 2021
- How to Lie with Maps (2nd Edition): Mark Monmonier, H. J. de Blij September 13, 2021
- Whose Narrative? 20 Years since September 11, 2001 September 12, 2021
- Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror | Official Trailer | Netflix September 12, 2021
Daily Archives: June 27, 2019
Published on Jan 31, 2019
The Duke of Cambridge interviews Sir David on his life’s work and inspiring generations of people to become champions for nature.
Speaker: · Sir David Attenborough, Broadcaster and Naturalist, David Attenborough, United Kingdom; Cultural Leader.
Introduced by: · Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum.
Moderated by: · The Duke of Cambridge, Duke of Cambridge.
Published on Jun 27, 2019
Indonesia is the largest island nation in the world. It is surrounded by the Pacific and Indian oceans. It has the fourth largest population for an island nation, and is home to hundreds of ethnic groups with diverse cultures. Check out the fourth episode of the documentary series, Jakarta: A City Young at Heart, to find out more about this exotic land.
Published on Sep 14, 2018
Jakarta is sinking — and it’s sinking fast, with current estimates predicting half the city will be underwater by 2030.
To cope with the unfolding crisis, the city is building a $10 billion sea wall to keep flood waters out, but that’s only a temporary solution. Parts of the city, home to nearly 10 million people, have sunk over 10 feet in the last few decades, and some areas are submerging at a rate of up to seven inches per year.
The problem is driven by the millions of Indonesians who rely on drawing water up from aquifers that lay beneath the city’s foundation to survive. And since the city was built on-top of marshlands, this practice is directly contributing to the ground’s collapse.
Finding a viable long-term solution has put city-planners, politicians and citizens at odds with one another.
Published on Jun 27, 2019
Join us live at 4 p.m. EDT on Thursday, June 27 as we announce our next mission to explore the solar system!