Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Linda Gunter discusses Nuclear Waste dumping in Japan September 16, 2019
- The Heat: US-Russia nuclear tensions Pt 1 September 16, 2019
- The Heat: US-Russia nuclear tensions Pt 2 September 16, 2019
- Checking In on the Great Lakes September 16, 2019
- Great Lakes, Great Problems September 16, 2019
- Should I Be Concerned About Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria From Fish Farms, Shrimp, Salmon, Pigs September 16, 2019
- It’s in Our Genes | (Science documentary) DW Documentary September 16, 2019
- Corporate Money Muzzling Independent Media On YouTube & New Super PAC Emerges For Democrat’s September 16, 2019
- How the Greenland ice melt will expose buried US nuclear waste within decades｜Climate Change September 16, 2019
- ICESat-2 Celebrates One Year for Photon Phriday September 16, 2019
- How Can We Design a Green New Deal? September 16, 2019
- Chinese engineers to revamp Ghana’s eastern port city rail services September 16, 2019
- “We in the Media Have Not Been Doing Our Job”: 250+ News Outlets Pledge to Focus on Climate Crisis September 16, 2019
- UNITED NATIONS UN Climate Change Summit 2019 September 16, 2019
- Negotiating Climate Science September 16, 2019
- What Americans Must Never Forget September 15, 2019
- The Last Time Banks Did This… They Caused A Financial Crash w/Richard Wolff September 15, 2019
- Why Warren’s Plan to Lift Millions from Poverty Scares Rich September 15, 2019
- Marianne Williamson – Yes to what we know to be TRUE! September 15, 2019
- Christopher Dickey: We’re Seeing The Death Of Democracy In America & Europe | The 11th Hour | MSNBC September 14, 2019
- BBC “Inside Out West” takes an in depth look at the Stroud founders of XR | Extinction Rebellion September 14, 2019
- Trump to propose ‘narrower definition’ for water protection September 14, 2019
- The Future of Farming September 14, 2019
- A Look Inside China’s Social Credit System | NBC News Now September 14, 2019
- China’s “Social Credit System” Has Caused More Than Just Public Shaming ( HBO) September 14, 2019
- (54) Inside China’s High-Tech Dystopia September 14, 2019
- On Contact: Tyranny of the corporate workplace – Elizabeth Anderson September 14, 2019
- World’s first floating nuclear power station heads to Russian Far East September 14, 2019
- Why China grows faster than US September 14, 2019
- Hello From the Year 2050. We Avoided the Worst of Climate Change — But Everything Is Different | TIME | Bill McKibben September 14, 2019
- LETTERS FROM CHINA: Phyllis Forbes Kerr September 14, 2019
- Forbes House Museum September 14, 2019
- New storm threatens hurricane-ravaged Bahamas September 14, 2019
- History of grain reserve in China September 14, 2019
- House Committee Opens Impeachment Proceedings Against President Trump September 14, 2019
- Trump Admin Repeals Rule Protecting Drinking Water of 100+ Million September 14, 2019
- New York Schools Won’t Penalize Students Who Join Climate Strike September 14, 2019
- House Votes to Block Drilling in Alaskan Wildlife Refuge as Trump Admin Readies Lease Sales September 14, 2019
- 7 Million People Displaced by Extreme Weather in First Half of 2019 September 14, 2019
- 2.2 Million Somalis At Risk of Starvation Amid Massive Drought September 14, 2019
- Greenpeace Activists Rappel Off Houston Bridge, Halting Oil Shipments September 14, 2019
- Scientists continue to issue urgent warnings about climate change | 7.30 September 14, 2019
- How the Greenland ice melt will expose buried US nuclear waste within decades｜Climate Change September 14, 2019
- Another Flint? Newark, NJ, Faces Public Health Crisis over Lead Contamination in City’s Water Supply September 14, 2019
- It’s time to draw borders on the Arctic Ocean September 14, 2019
- Mozambique: Recovering from Two Cyclones September 14, 2019
- The Origin of Race in the USA September 14, 2019
- The Atlantic Slave Trade: Crash Course World History #24 September 14, 2019
- Ex Slaves talk about Slavery in the USA September 14, 2019
- Blackface: A cultural history of a racist art form September 14, 2019
Monthly Archives: June 2019
European Heat Wave Shatters June Records in 7 Nations; France Set a New All-Time Record High | The Weather Channel
Published on Aug 2, 2017
Henry Kissinger and Graham Allison on the U.S., China, and the Thucydides’s Trap July 11, 2017 at the Harvard Club of New York City
Published on Jun 14, 2018
NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers might find advice provided in this talk to be helpful as a complementary approach, please do not look to this talk for medical advice as nutrigenomics is currently an emerging field of study. We’ve flagged this talk for falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. This talk only represents the speaker’s personal views and experiences with diet, chronic illness, molecular biology, and human health. Certain statements and claims are not yet supported by legitimate scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/t…
Dr. Klaper says he had an awakening while putting people to sleep. When we awaken to the damage that a meat-based diet creates in our body and the toll that the industrial production of animal flesh inflicts upon our planet, we then become aware that the single most effective action anyone can take to improve their personal health and help heal our injured planet is to reduce, or better, eliminate their consumption of meat. Dr. Michael Klaper is a gifted clinician, internationally recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on diet and health. He has practiced medicine for more than 40 years and is a leading educator in applied plant-based nutrition and integrative medicine. He is also the author of a successful book on cholesterol-free nutrition and an upcoming title (to be announced in 2018), as well as numerous DVDs and Videos on Demand, a series of “Healthy YOU Webinars,” and dozens of articles. A source of inspiration advocating plant-based diets and the end of animal cruelty worldwide, Dr. Klaper contributed to the making of two PBS television programs Food for Thought and the award-winning Diet for a New America movie based on the book of the same name. Dr. Michael Klaper teaches that “Health Comes From Healthy Living” and is dedicated to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
James Hansen, Ph.D. – The Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity – Offstage
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Energy, Climate, and Human Health: Young People’s Burden and Opportunities by James Hansen, Ph.D.
James Hansen is an esteemed adjunct professor from America. At present, he professes at Columbia University in the department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. The former head of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Hansen is famous as “father of global warming” given his citations on early warning signs in 1980s regarding the contemporary burning issue of global warming. He is also a very ardent climate activist.
James Edward Hansen was born on March 29, 1941 to James Ivan Hansen & Gladys Ray Hansen in Denison, Iowa. He was deeply inspired by Red Giants and White Dwarfs written by Robert Jastrow in his high school which in turn encouraged him to decide on a career in science.
Trained in astronomy & physics from University of Iowa, James Hansen received his Bachelor’s degree in mathematics & Physics in 1963 with the highest distinction. He earned his M.S in 1965 in Astronomy and in 1967 he obtained his PhD degree in physics- all 3 were from Iowa University. From 1962-1966, James Hansen was a participant in NASA graduate traineeship program and he was also a visiting student of Kyoto University (Astrophysics Department) and Tokyo University (Astronomy) during the same time. In 1967, he began working for Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
The world-famous scientist is especially renowned for his research in climatology & his provision of testimony regarding climate change in 1988 to the congressional committees. He helped to raise awareness in regards to global warming & also propagates actions or means to mitigate heinous effects of climate change.
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Emily Eavis, co-organiser and daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, reveals the history of the festival and its deep relationship with the nature surrounding it.
Streamed live on Apr 7, 2018
Jason Ross, co-author of the Schiller institute Special Report, “Extending The New Silk Road To West Africa And Asia: A Vision Of An Economic Renaissance,” delivers the second address of the April 7 International Schiller Institute conference. With a population the size of that of India, and the youngest population of any continent in the world, Africa’s physical economic development through joint work done by the United States with China would silence the racialists of the old colonial regimes forever. The world’s two largest economies, using Sun Yat-Sen’s and Abraham Lincoln’s “Three Principles of the People,” could spearhead an anti-colonial development process, removing the poverty that triggers radicalism and war.
Get your report: http://newparadigm.schillerinstitute….
===More about the April 7 Conference===
American President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin could together, in the next months, make the most important set of decisions to affect humanity since the Renaissance of the fifteenth century. The possible settlement of the Korea issue is only one example. The right decisions made by these three nations and their allies in the next weeks, could begin, in the near term, to eliminate poverty, colonialism and war from the planet. The solutions for eliminating this triple evil lie both in our stars, and in ourselves.
British Imperial forces have temporarily lost control of the failing transatlantic geopolitical process. Now, they are attempting to re-take the advantage. As with British Intelligence agent Christopher Steele’s Russia-Gate hoax, now, the “Russia poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter” hoax is intended to drive a wedge between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. If this effort succeeds, all the work done by Devin Nunes’ House Intelligence Committee, and others, to reveal the corrupt role of members of the FBI, Department of Justice, State Department and others in the British-run coup against the American Presidency in 2016, will be for nothing.
Perpetual war, as advocated by the Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama Administrations, can be replaced with a new economic platform and a new cultural paradigm.
On Saturday, April 7, Schiller institute founder Helga Zepp-LaRouche will keynote this conference to rally Americans to that optimistic perspective. Adopting the economic measures and outlook known as the LaRouche Four Laws while embracing the still-offered Chinese proposal, would provide the basis to deliver a rapid upshift in American productive employment, living standards, and the education of youth in the United States.
The basis for dialogue among the “Big Three” Presidencies is contained in a March 1984 document by Lyndon LaRouche entitled “Draft Memorandum of Agreement Between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.” It begins:
“The political foundation for durable peace must be: a) The unconditional sovereignty of each and all nation-states, and b) Cooperation among sovereign nation-states to the effect of promoting unlimited opportunities to participate in the benefits of technological progress, to the mutual benefit of each and all.
“The most crucial feature of present implementation of such a policy of durable peace is a profound change in the monetary, economic, and political relations between the dominant powers and those relatively subordinated nations often classed as ‘developing nations.’ Unless the inequities lingering in the aftermath of modem colonialism are progressively remedied, there can be no durable peace on this planet.”