Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- UK Election 2019: Labour Manifesto Launch – BBC News November 21, 2019
- Hill interjects, “Could I actually say something?” to address partisan divisions November 21, 2019
- A look at Fiona Hill’s most striking impeachment testimony moments November 21, 2019
- Fiona Hill Testifies About Harms Of GOP Conspiracy Theories November 21, 2019
- Trump impeachment hearings: Sondland testifies about quid pro quo November 21, 2019
- Is tourism harming Venice? | DW Documentary November 21, 2019
- How Leonardo da Vinci made a “satellite” map in 1502 November 21, 2019
- Why Gordon Sondland’s public testimony was ‘extraordinary’ November 21, 2019
- Sondland Testifies That ‘Yes,’ There Was A Quid Pro Quo November 21, 2019
- The world is poorly designed. But copying nature helps. November 21, 2019
- How highways wrecked American cities November 21, 2019
- Meet the enormous boats that carry your stuff November 21, 2019
- Thin underwater cables hold the internet. See a map of them all. November 21, 2019
- Where Manhattan’s grid plan came from November 21, 2019
- Why so many suburbs look the same November 21, 2019
- The destruction of the Amazon, explained November 21, 2019
- Under threat: Venice’s need to rescue its future | DW Documentary November 21, 2019
- Trump impeachment hearings: Ambassador Sondland testifies there was a quid pro quo November 20, 2019
- Resilience Rising: From Ebola Crisis Response to Recovery in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone November 20, 2019
- Gordon Sondland : There was a quid pro quo with Ukraine November 20, 2019
- The climate science is clear: it’s now or never to avert catastrophe | Bill McKibben | Opinion | The Guardian November 20, 2019
- FAO, OIE and WHO’s message for World Antibiotic Awareness Week November 20, 2019
- Digital Currency Wars: A National Security Crisis Simulation – YouTube November 19, 2019
- Noura Erakat: U.S. Recognition of Israeli Settlements Is “Entrenchment of an Apartheid Regime ” November 19, 2019
- Bolivian U.N. Ambassador: “Racist Elite” Engineered Coup to Restore Neoliberalism in Bolivia November 19, 2019
- La desecación del Mediterráneo. Origen del Mediterráneo November 19, 2019
- Gibraltar Breach November 19, 2019
- We all can take action now to keep antimicrobials working as they should! November 19, 2019
- How big is the universe … compared with a grain of sand? November 19, 2019
- Sydney air quality among worst in the world as bushfire smoke lingers | Nine News Australia November 19, 2019
- Smoky haze blankets Sydney as bushfires rage – BBC News November 19, 2019
- Homeless Woman Given iPhone for Three Days to Tell Her Story | Home Stream | Real Stories Original November 19, 2019
- NEWSFLASH: XR Global Hunger Strike – London | We Need You Tomorrow | Extinction Rebellion November 18, 2019
- Genetically modified salmon to hit U.S. markets November 18, 2019
- New report: Wealthy hoarding their money! (Full show) November 18, 2019
- World Toilet Day: China’s ‘Toilet Revolution’ November 18, 2019
- U.S. President Donald Trump considers testifying at impeachment hearings November 18, 2019
- Global media executives discuss media opportunities, challenges in new era November 18, 2019
- Making the ‘Emergency’ feel like one | Marc Lopatin | Extinction Rebellion November 18, 2019
- Barry Clifford Whydah Underwater salvage and artifacts November 18, 2019
- The Whydah Gally | Brief History of a Cape Cod Pirate Ship – New England Today November 18, 2019
- Thomas Meaney “Trump’s Very American Foreign Policy” November 18, 2019
- Some Advantages of Joining….The Africa Map Circle | EV & N – #332 | CCTV November 17, 2019
- BRICS nations meet in Brazil to accelerate trade November 17, 2019
- How Much Of An Impact Would It Have On Climate Change If Everyone Stopped Eating Meat? What About November 17, 2019
- Venice mayor says flooded city is ‘on its knees’ November 17, 2019
- Negative Emissions Needed for 2 Degrees November 17, 2019
- Video Replay: The Moon – Incredible Lunar Views From The Japanese SELENE Orbiter – Earthrise November 17, 2019
- White House official testifies over President Trump’s impeachment November 17, 2019
- Longest-Serving Trump Adviser Roger Stone Found Guilty | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC November 17, 2019
Monthly Archives: June 2019
European Heat Wave Shatters June Records in 7 Nations; France Set a New All-Time Record High | The Weather Channel
Published on Aug 2, 2017
Henry Kissinger and Graham Allison on the U.S., China, and the Thucydides’s Trap July 11, 2017 at the Harvard Club of New York City
Published on Jun 14, 2018
NOTE FROM TED: While some viewers might find advice provided in this talk to be helpful as a complementary approach, please do not look to this talk for medical advice as nutrigenomics is currently an emerging field of study. We’ve flagged this talk for falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. This talk only represents the speaker’s personal views and experiences with diet, chronic illness, molecular biology, and human health. Certain statements and claims are not yet supported by legitimate scientific evidence. TEDx events are independently organized by volunteers. The guidelines we give TEDx organizers are described in more detail here: http://storage.ted.com/tedx/manuals/t…
Dr. Klaper says he had an awakening while putting people to sleep. When we awaken to the damage that a meat-based diet creates in our body and the toll that the industrial production of animal flesh inflicts upon our planet, we then become aware that the single most effective action anyone can take to improve their personal health and help heal our injured planet is to reduce, or better, eliminate their consumption of meat. Dr. Michael Klaper is a gifted clinician, internationally recognized teacher, and sought-after speaker on diet and health. He has practiced medicine for more than 40 years and is a leading educator in applied plant-based nutrition and integrative medicine. He is also the author of a successful book on cholesterol-free nutrition and an upcoming title (to be announced in 2018), as well as numerous DVDs and Videos on Demand, a series of “Healthy YOU Webinars,” and dozens of articles. A source of inspiration advocating plant-based diets and the end of animal cruelty worldwide, Dr. Klaper contributed to the making of two PBS television programs Food for Thought and the award-winning Diet for a New America movie based on the book of the same name. Dr. Michael Klaper teaches that “Health Comes From Healthy Living” and is dedicated to the healing and flourishing of all living beings and our planet. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.
James Hansen, Ph.D. – The Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity – Offstage
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Energy, Climate, and Human Health: Young People’s Burden and Opportunities by James Hansen, Ph.D.
James Hansen is an esteemed adjunct professor from America. At present, he professes at Columbia University in the department of Earth & Environmental Sciences. The former head of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Hansen is famous as “father of global warming” given his citations on early warning signs in 1980s regarding the contemporary burning issue of global warming. He is also a very ardent climate activist.
James Edward Hansen was born on March 29, 1941 to James Ivan Hansen & Gladys Ray Hansen in Denison, Iowa. He was deeply inspired by Red Giants and White Dwarfs written by Robert Jastrow in his high school which in turn encouraged him to decide on a career in science.
Trained in astronomy & physics from University of Iowa, James Hansen received his Bachelor’s degree in mathematics & Physics in 1963 with the highest distinction. He earned his M.S in 1965 in Astronomy and in 1967 he obtained his PhD degree in physics- all 3 were from Iowa University. From 1962-1966, James Hansen was a participant in NASA graduate traineeship program and he was also a visiting student of Kyoto University (Astrophysics Department) and Tokyo University (Astronomy) during the same time. In 1967, he began working for Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
The world-famous scientist is especially renowned for his research in climatology & his provision of testimony regarding climate change in 1988 to the congressional committees. He helped to raise awareness in regards to global warming & also propagates actions or means to mitigate heinous effects of climate change.
Published on Jun 30, 2019
Emily Eavis, co-organiser and daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis, reveals the history of the festival and its deep relationship with the nature surrounding it.
Streamed live on Apr 7, 2018
Jason Ross, co-author of the Schiller institute Special Report, “Extending The New Silk Road To West Africa And Asia: A Vision Of An Economic Renaissance,” delivers the second address of the April 7 International Schiller Institute conference. With a population the size of that of India, and the youngest population of any continent in the world, Africa’s physical economic development through joint work done by the United States with China would silence the racialists of the old colonial regimes forever. The world’s two largest economies, using Sun Yat-Sen’s and Abraham Lincoln’s “Three Principles of the People,” could spearhead an anti-colonial development process, removing the poverty that triggers radicalism and war.
Get your report: http://newparadigm.schillerinstitute….
===More about the April 7 Conference===
American President Donald Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Russian President Vladimir Putin could together, in the next months, make the most important set of decisions to affect humanity since the Renaissance of the fifteenth century. The possible settlement of the Korea issue is only one example. The right decisions made by these three nations and their allies in the next weeks, could begin, in the near term, to eliminate poverty, colonialism and war from the planet. The solutions for eliminating this triple evil lie both in our stars, and in ourselves.
British Imperial forces have temporarily lost control of the failing transatlantic geopolitical process. Now, they are attempting to re-take the advantage. As with British Intelligence agent Christopher Steele’s Russia-Gate hoax, now, the “Russia poisoned Sergei Skripal and his daughter” hoax is intended to drive a wedge between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. If this effort succeeds, all the work done by Devin Nunes’ House Intelligence Committee, and others, to reveal the corrupt role of members of the FBI, Department of Justice, State Department and others in the British-run coup against the American Presidency in 2016, will be for nothing.
Perpetual war, as advocated by the Bush 41, Bush 43, and Obama Administrations, can be replaced with a new economic platform and a new cultural paradigm.
On Saturday, April 7, Schiller institute founder Helga Zepp-LaRouche will keynote this conference to rally Americans to that optimistic perspective. Adopting the economic measures and outlook known as the LaRouche Four Laws while embracing the still-offered Chinese proposal, would provide the basis to deliver a rapid upshift in American productive employment, living standards, and the education of youth in the United States.
The basis for dialogue among the “Big Three” Presidencies is contained in a March 1984 document by Lyndon LaRouche entitled “Draft Memorandum of Agreement Between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R.” It begins:
“The political foundation for durable peace must be: a) The unconditional sovereignty of each and all nation-states, and b) Cooperation among sovereign nation-states to the effect of promoting unlimited opportunities to participate in the benefits of technological progress, to the mutual benefit of each and all.
“The most crucial feature of present implementation of such a policy of durable peace is a profound change in the monetary, economic, and political relations between the dominant powers and those relatively subordinated nations often classed as ‘developing nations.’ Unless the inequities lingering in the aftermath of modem colonialism are progressively remedied, there can be no durable peace on this planet.”