Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The International Labor Organization Today: Social Justice versus ‘Total Market’ (2/2) June 18, 2019
- US hacks Russian power grid – report June 18, 2019
- All of the Mueller report’s major findings in less than 30 minutes June 18, 2019
- Greenland record melting June 18, 2019
- Pompeo: Trump doesn’t want war with Iran June 18, 2019
- Julian Assange Indictment “Criminalizes the News Gathering Process,” Says Pentagon Papers La wyer June 18, 2019
- What if all humanity had to do to save itself was listen? | Dustin Yellin June 18, 2019
- What does China want? | The Economist June 18, 2019
- What is the Belt and Road initiative? | CNBC Explains June 18, 2019
- China’s trillion dollar plan to dominate global trade June 18, 2019
- The world according to China June 18, 2019
- The Next Climate Refugees June 18, 2019
- United Technologies – Raytheon Merger Is the Definition of Crony Capitalism June 18, 2019
- The World Bank Helps Investors Choose the Law They Want (1/2) June 18, 2019
- Patricia Espinosa at Opening Conference of #SB50Bonn June 18, 2019
- With Water Crisis Hitting The Nation, What Is The Govt’s Action Plan? June 18, 2019
- Climate change shifting the ground in Northern Canada June 18, 2019
- Egypt’s ousted President Mohammed Morsi dies during trial June 18, 2019
- Review of President Xi’s Central Asia visit June 18, 2019
- “No one else wants war”: Vijay Prashad on U.S. aggression toward Iran June 18, 2019
- Why Brazil’s elites resent former President Lula’s rise to power June 18, 2019
- Massive Hong Kong Protests Demand Withdrawal of Extradition Bill, Leader’s Resignation June 18, 2019
- China-UK ties in the new era June 18, 2019
- Order amidst the anger in Hong Kong protests June 17, 2019
- How China Humiliated a US President: Talking Heads June 16, 2019
- Source: Frustration in White House over ABC interview June 16, 2019
- Trump’s ‘Angst’ on China Could Create Years of Dilemmas: Jim O’Neill June 16, 2019
- Hong Kong protest: How will Beijing respond? | DW News June 16, 2019
- John Dean responds to Trump calling him a ‘rat’ June 16, 2019
- US Department Of Energy Rebrands Fossil Fuels As “Freedom Gas” June 16, 2019
- Iran attack on Japanese ship ‘doesn’t make sense’ June 16, 2019
- Severe weather in Europe causes devastation June 16, 2019
- Germany’s Exit from Coal by 2038 Is a Major Transition June 16, 2019
- Methane Emissions Down, but Still Causing Climate Change June 16, 2019
- How will Hong Kong deal with growing public discontent? | Inside Story June 16, 2019
- Longest Period Without Fed Minimum Wage Increase Since Law Enacted in 1938 June 16, 2019
- Leonardo Exhibit Casts New Light on Artist June 16, 2019
- Central Gov’t offices in Hong Kong voice support June 16, 2019
- Facts you need to know about Hong Kong Fugitive Bill June 16, 2019
- How Americans Are Losers In The US-China Trade War June 16, 2019
- Drone footage: Hong Kong Protesters Rally to Demand Leader Steps Down June 16, 2019
- Protest march continues in Hong Kong June 16, 2019
- Debt Soars Under President Donald Trump Tax Cuts | The Last Word | MSNBC June 15, 2019
- Why Robert Mueller ‘Following The Debt’ Scares Trump, Kushner | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC June 15, 2019
- NYT: Tax documents show Trump lost more than $1B in a decade June 15, 2019
- How China Is Changing Your Internet | The New York Times June 15, 2019
- Will China dominate science? | The Economist June 15, 2019
- Former deputy director at IMF says Trump’s idea that US can win trade war ‘complete nonsense’ June 15, 2019
- Columbia professor slams Trump’s tariffs on China June 15, 2019
- What does China own in the U.S.? | CNBC Explains June 15, 2019
Daily Archives: May 17, 2019
Published on Apr 23, 2019
Earth Day Feed the 5000.
XR Invites London : Earth Feast
Global food waste is a far-reaching problem with tremendous financial, ethical and environmental costs. … An estimated 1.3 billion tonnes of food is wasted globally each year, one third of all food produced for human consumption, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
#EXTINCTIONREBELLION #EARTHDAY #FOODWASTE
We fully recognise Extinction Rebellion has caused disruption for many Londoners, so we are extending our love through food to all who would like to join us.
We invite all Londoners to share in a supper of renewal and celebration, to celebrate our community and collectivity.
Please bring throws, flowers and fruits to decorate tables.
Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
Food losses and waste amounts to roughly US$ 680 billion in industrialized countries and US$ 310 billion in developing countries.
Industrialized and developing countries dissipate roughly the same quantities of food — respectively 670 and 630 million tonnes.
Fruits and vegetables, plus roots and tubers have the highest wastage rates of any food.
Global quantitative food losses and waste per year are roughly 30% for cereals, 40-50% for root crops, fruits and vegetables, 20% for oil seeds, meat and dairy plus 35% for fish.
Every year, consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food (222 million tonnes) as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa (230 million tonnes).
The amount of food lost or wasted every year is equivalent to more than half of the world’s annual cereals crop (2.3 billion tonnes in 2009/2010).
Per capita waste by consumers is between 95-115 kg a year in Europe and North America, while consumers in sub-Saharan Africa, south and south-eastern Asia, each throw away only 6-11 kg a year.