Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Roads: An Anthropology of Infrastructure and Expertise (Expertise: Cultures and Technologies of Knowledge): Penny Harvey, Hannah Knox October 25, 2021
- The Licit Life of Capitalism: US Oil in Equatorial Guinea: Hannah Appel October 25, 2021
- Africa’s Last Colonial Currency: The CFA Franc Story October 25, 2021
- The Agribusiness Alliance for a Green Revolution Failed Africa – Tim Wise (GDAE-Tufts University & IATP) October 25, 2021
- Africans publicly challenge Green Revolution backers | IATP October 25, 2021
- Beyond Africa’s Green Revolution: Time for donors to shift funding to agroecology | IATP October 25, 2021
- Bayer/Monsanto loses again: Mexico’s Highest Court Rejects Appeal of GM Corn Ban October 25, 2021
- Mexico’s Highest Court Rejects Appeal of GM Corn Ban – Food Tank October 25, 2021
- Jane Goodall’s message of hope October 25, 2021
- History Faculty Inaugural Lecture – Hillary Rodham Clinton Professor of Women’s History October 25, 2021
- Ilhan Omar Blasts Manchin & Sinema for Siding with Big Pharma, Big Oil & Wall Street in Budget Talks October 25, 2021
- “Dirty Empire”: Sen. Joe Manchin Demands Dems Drop Climate Funding as He Makes Millions from Coal October 25, 2021
- El volcán de La Palma está en el momento de mayor actividad October 25, 2021
- Terrible Explosion Lava La Palma (oct 2021) Spain★ Lava Drone Video || La Palma Volcano & Mount E tna October 25, 2021
- Incredible in 2021! Spectacular Huge Eruption of Mount Aso in Kumamoto, Kyushu, Japan October 25, 2021
- America is on Strike | Robert Reich October 25, 2021
- How Kyrsten Sinema, Once a Socialist, Is Now Obstructing the Democrats’ Pr ogressive Platform October 25, 2021
- Sen. Joe Manchin’s Opposition to Biden Agenda Backed by History of Putting Corpora tions Over People October 25, 2021
- ‘Human greed causing death and destruction in the Himalayas’ – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Israel announces plans to build 1,300 new West Bank settlement homes • FRA NCE 24 English October 25, 2021
- ‘Four Seasons Total Documentary’ | Official Trailer October 25, 2021
- Storms in Northern California bring landslides and flooding October 25, 2021
- Public Citizen Blasts Pfizer for Putting Corporate Profit Over Increasing Access to COVID Vaccines October 25, 2021
- Live: Sudan’s General Burhan dissolves government, declares state of emergency • FRANCE 24 October 25, 2021
- Ethiopia launches air strikes in northern and western Tigray • FRANCE 24 Eng lish October 25, 2021
- Rep. Ro Khanna Slams Conservative Democrats for Holding Back Build Back Better Plan October 25, 2021
- Free Julian Assange: Snowden, Varoufakis, Corbyn & Tariq Ali Speak Out Ahead of Extradition Hearing October 25, 2021
- Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen appears before UK parliament committee – w atch live October 25, 2021
- Facebook Whistleblower Testifies In UK October 25, 2021
- The Art Market is a Scam (And Rich People Run It) October 25, 2021
- Former Saudi intelligence official accuses Mohammed bin Salman of multiple murder plots, kidnappi… October 25, 2021
- Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid military coup reports – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Crowds rally as Sudan PM held in apparent army coup; gunfire reported • FRANCE 24 English October 25, 2021
- Covid cases rising in UK – what happens next? – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Climate change: Italian beekeepers’ heavy losses in Sicily • FRANCE 24 Engl ish October 25, 2021
- Trump Loyalists Planned To Overturn The Election In ‘War Room’ of D.C. Hotel October 25, 2021
- Velshi: The Cost Of Climate Change October 25, 2021
- ‘Roads We Build Will Be Washed Away’: Joaquin Castro on how climate provisions help infrastructure October 25, 2021
- Bezos Upgrades Disaster Plan, La Palma, Ionospheric Disturbances | S0 News Oct. 25, 2021 October 25, 2021
- Etna erupts and floods hit over 24hrs in Sicily, Italy 🇮🇹 October 24 2021 Scordia Catania maltempo October 25, 2021
- Mount Etna erupts spectacularly spewing ash and lava October 25, 2021
- “Bomb cyclone” brings rough winds, heavy rain to North America’s west coa st – YouTube October 25, 2021
- ‘Bomb Cyclone’ Pummels California With Dangerous Mudslides And Flooding October 25, 2021
- Extreme Weather Strikes the West Coast October 25, 2021
- Tens of millions on alert as massive weather systems take aim October 25, 2021
- Live: Global Climate Talk－Funding for biodiversity October 25, 2021
- ‘Bomb cyclone’ slams the West Coast October 24, 2021
- A Look at Colin Powell’s Legacy, Following His Death at 84 October 24, 2021
- Colin Powell Was a Nice Man Who Helped Destroy Iraq October 24, 2021
- Defending Earth against asteroid impacts – NASA scientist explains October 24, 2021
Daily Archives: May 17, 2019
Published on Apr 23, 2019
Earth Day Feed the 5000.
XR Invites London : Earth Feast
Global food waste is a far-reaching problem with tremendous financial, ethical and environmental costs. … An estimated 1.3 billion tonnes of food is wasted globally each year, one third of all food produced for human consumption, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.
#EXTINCTIONREBELLION #EARTHDAY #FOODWASTE
We fully recognise Extinction Rebellion has caused disruption for many Londoners, so we are extending our love through food to all who would like to join us.
We invite all Londoners to share in a supper of renewal and celebration, to celebrate our community and collectivity.
Please bring throws, flowers and fruits to decorate tables.
Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year — approximately 1.3 billion tonnes — gets lost or wasted.
Food losses and waste amounts to roughly US$ 680 billion in industrialized countries and US$ 310 billion in developing countries.
Industrialized and developing countries dissipate roughly the same quantities of food — respectively 670 and 630 million tonnes.
Fruits and vegetables, plus roots and tubers have the highest wastage rates of any food.
Global quantitative food losses and waste per year are roughly 30% for cereals, 40-50% for root crops, fruits and vegetables, 20% for oil seeds, meat and dairy plus 35% for fish.
Every year, consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food (222 million tonnes) as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa (230 million tonnes).
The amount of food lost or wasted every year is equivalent to more than half of the world’s annual cereals crop (2.3 billion tonnes in 2009/2010).
Per capita waste by consumers is between 95-115 kg a year in Europe and North America, while consumers in sub-Saharan Africa, south and south-eastern Asia, each throw away only 6-11 kg a year.