Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Africa, the Devastated Continent?: Man’s impact on the ecology of Africa (Monographiae Biologicae): A. de Vos November 11, 2019
- False Start in Africa: Rene Dumont November 11, 2019
- Seeds of Famine: Ecological Destruction and the Development Dilemma in the West African Sahel (Landmark studies): Richard W. Franke, Barbara H. Chasin November 11, 2019
- Climate Activists Focusing On The Impact Of Climate Change On Children And Families November 11, 2019
- The Man Who Stopped the Desert November 11, 2019
- Trailer: Resilience Rising: From Crisis Response to Recovery November 11, 2019
- Fake news and anonymous sources as ‘new normal’ for US journalism November 11, 2019
- The apostle comes from Africa – A contemporary passion story | DW Documentary November 11, 2019
- Scientific Research Reports 2019 November 11, 2019
- The most destructive hurricanes hitting more often November 11, 2019
- Extinction Rebellion protesters float ‘sinking house’ down the river Thames November 11, 2019
- Cyclone Kills 20 in Bangladesh & India; Wildfires Rage in Australia November 11, 2019
- Iran discovers 54 billion barrels of crude oil November 11, 2019
- Asleep at the Wheel | Extinction Rebellion Blocks the Department of Transport November 11, 2019
- Cecily | XR Arrestee | Extinction Rebellion November 11, 2019
- Roman | XR Arrestee | Extinction Rebellion November 11, 2019
- Every Single Being on the Planet | Extinction Rebellion November 11, 2019
- Act Now: Our House is Flooding | Extinction Rebellion November 11, 2019
- One Year on Earth – Seen From 1 Million Miles November 11, 2019
- Rainwater Catchment for Reforestation & Increased Production November 11, 2019
- Preserving these ancestral agricultural systems is vital for the future of food! November 11, 2019
- Do you know where your food comes from? November 11, 2019
- This Matters: Is this the ‘climate election’? – BBC News November 11, 2019
- Florida Officials Tell Library: No “Fake News” New York Times November 11, 2019
- Action Against Desertification – Burkina Faso November 11, 2019
- Greta Thunberg on Whether She’d Meet with the President November 11, 2019
- Greta Thunberg, Swedish environmental activist, gives a speech at Charlotte Climate Strike November 11, 2019
- Missoula Floods Video | an animated illustration of one scenario November 11, 2019
- Ice Age Floods November 11, 2019
- The evaporating Mediterranean Sea | BBC November 11, 2019
- ice age sea levels November 11, 2019
- The age of Arctic sea ice November 11, 2019
- Facebook Employees Begged Zuckerberg To Stop Spreading Political Lies November 11, 2019
- Global problems need multilateral solutions, says UN official November 11, 2019
- Tomgram: Naomi Oreskes, Why Science Failed to Stop Climate Change | TomDispatch November 11, 2019
- ‘Catastrophic’ danger: Australia wildfires threaten Sydney November 11, 2019
- 2019 RSA President’s Lecture: Leading the Way Through the Climate Emergency with Emma Howard Boyd November 11, 2019
- Cory Booker Speaks at Environmental Justice Presidential Forum November 11, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Speaks at Environmental Justice Presidential Forum November 11, 2019
- The Africa Map Circle – Learning & Teaching from Maps of Africa: Ancient and Modern | EV & N #331 | CCTV November 11, 2019
- The Africa Map Circle November 10, 2019
- Brazil’s Ex-President Lula Freed, Promises to Continue Fight for Justice November 10, 2019
- US & EU sanctions only hurt people in order to push regime change agenda – Assad to RT November 10, 2019
- Dozens of flood warnings in UK as heavy rain expected to continue November 10, 2019
- Sacred Yamuna river polluted by toxic foam in India November 9, 2019
- Oxford Africa Institute November 8, 2019
- Blame US military for climate change – Code Pink activist November 8, 2019
- Atlas of Ancient Geography c.1820 Boston Hilliard Gray Worcester w/ 5 maps Morse engraved scarce November 8, 2019
- Amsterdam Holland Netherlands city view 1794 Prospect birds-eye print w/ fascinating early repairs November 8, 2019
- President-elect Ursula VON DER LEYEN addresses the ‘State of Europe’ at the Konrad Adenau er Stifling November 8, 2019
Daily Archives: April 5, 2019
Published on Jul 29, 2008
Irena Salina’s award-winning documentary investigation into what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st Century – The World Water Crisis.
Salina builds a case against the growing privatization of the world’s dwindling fresh water supply with an unflinching focus on politics, pollution, human rights, and the emergence of a domineering world water cartel.
Interviews with scientists and activists intelligently reveal the rapidly building crisis, at both the global and human scale, and the film introduces many of the governmental and corporate culprits behind the water grab, while begging the question ‘CAN ANYONE REALLY OWN WATER?’
Beyond identifying the problem, FLOW also gives viewers a look at the people and institutions providing practical solutions to the water crisis and those developing new technologies, which are fast becoming blueprints for a successful global and economic turnaround.
Published on Nov 18, 2009
Now on iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/movies/TheCorpo… Documentary that looks at the concept of the corporation throughout recent history up to its present-day dominance.
Published on Apr 28, 2013
This could happen on a global scale.
The World Bank decided that all water had to be privatised in a large region of Bolivia. This is how the San Francisco based company Bechtel gained control over the Bolivian water supply. Citizens were not even allowed to gather rain water and were charged huge amounts of money for basic water. Revolution ensued.
The rest of the video details the exact workings of a fascist regime.
Footage taken from the movie The Corporation (2003)
Published on Jul 16, 2007
Bolivia’s Andes glaciers, which provide water for millions of people and power the country’s hydro-electric plants, are melting at an unparalleled rate. It’s estimated that the country will face water shortages within two years.
Produced by ABC Australia
Distributed by Journeyman Pictures
Published on May 24, 2007
These are historic times in Bolivia with Evo Morales, the country’s first ever indigenous president, being sworn into office in January 2006. Many of the reasons for his election victory can be attributed to a growing resistance to the economic model that Bolivia has been following since the 1980s. Characterised by the large scale privatisation of state owned enterprise and opening up of domestic markets, the policy has been blamed for huge rises in unemployment and continuing poverty. Large scale protests against water and gas privatisations in particular fuelled Evo Morales’ victory.