Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Woman the Gatherer October 17, 2021
- Man the Hunter: Richard Borshay Lee, Irven DeVore October 17, 2021
- Stone Age Economics (Routledge Classics): Marshall Sahlins, Graeber, David Graeber October 16, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels”: Over 530 Arrested in Historic Indigenous-Led Climate Protests in D.C. October 15, 2021
- The Nation’s John Nichols: Trump’s Coup Nearly Succeeded. He Will Try Again in 2024 October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: How dangerous is it? October 15, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario October 15, 2021
- Mike + The Mechanics – The Living Years (Official Video) October 15, 2021
- Some Notes from Life on the Edge: The Geophysical Fate of the Post-Columbian City (Big “Transitions” in Human History) October 15, 2021
- Heatwaves and drought in Europe | DW Documentary October 15, 2021
- UN claims millions more people are hungry October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: Massive lava flow pushes over the boundary of evacuated area | DW News October 15, 2021
- Mapping update. La Palma volcano eruption (15th Oct) Todos los mapas de la erupción de La Palma, October 15, 2021
- Geofísico explica la erupción volcánica en La Palma (islas Canarias, Españ a) October 15, 2021
- Since Terrible Explosion Begins (Oct 15) La Palma hit by Largest Earthquake & Possible Tsunami October 14, 2021
- Japan’s 400 Kilometre Tsunami Shield October 14, 2021
- Can We Cool the Planet? | NOVA | PBS October 14, 2021
- Will the Cascadia Earthquake be the Worst Disaster North America’s Ever Seen? | Weathered October 14, 2021
- The Pacific Northwest is due for a Major Earthquake October 13, 2021
- Residents’ Panic Increases (Oct 14) La Palma Volcano Eruption continues with high effusion rates October 13, 2021
- 5 Natural Disasters Waiting To Happen October 13, 2021
- General Stanley McChrystal Sees Parallels Between Jan. 6 and Nazi Germany | Amanpour and Company October 13, 2021
- This Modern FARMING INNOVATION In China Shocks The World October 13, 2021
- World Food Day 2021 – António Guterres (UN Secretary-General) October 13, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels’’: Winona LaDuke & Mass Protests Call on Biden to Stop Line 3 Pipeline October 13, 2021
- Katrina vanden Heuvel on Nobel Peace Prize Winner Dmitry Muratov’s Fight for Press Freedom in Russia October 13, 2021
- What are the major climate action priorities from the IMF? October 13, 2021
- Will These New Fossil Fuel Projects Make Climate Emergency Unwinnable? (w/John Beard, Jr. ) October 13, 2021
- American Indian tribes: ‘climate change is real’ October 13, 2021
- CBC News: The National | U.S. border reopening, Iqaluit water, Shatner in space October 13, 2021
- Border Incident October 13, 2021
- Abrupt Climate System Disruption Recap: Extreme Weather Around the Planet October 13, 2021
- This Week on #JUSTSOLUTIONS: PPL vs Fossil Fuels with Sharon Lavigne October 13, 2021
- People Vs Fossil Fuels October 13, 2021
- Meet the Democrats Keeping Your Drug Prices High October 13, 2021
- The Yale 5-Year B.A. Program October 13, 2021
- Possible Tsunami (Oct 13) La Palma volcano lava effusion rates, new lava arm at the sea October 12, 2021
- La Palma Volcano Eruption Update; Acidic Danger, New Lava Flows October 12, 2021
- This is what the volcano on La Palma looked like before the eruption – La Palma – Canary Islands October 12, 2021
- Crater COLLAPSES on ‘Aggressive’ Volcano October 12, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide October 12, 2021
- The Future Tsunami That Could Destroy the US East Coast October 12, 2021
- Climate change: Where we are in seven charts and what you can do to help – BBC News October 12, 2021
- Billions to Boeing as Congress debates cutting social programs October 12, 2021
- America’s Fate: Oligarchy or Autocracy October 12, 2021
- Country houses and the British Empire, 1700–1930 (Studies in Imperialism, 116): St ephanie, Barczewski, Andrew Thompson, John M. MacKenzie October 12, 2021
- National Trust details links to slavery and colonialism at 93 properties – Museums Association October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Addressing the Legacy of Slavery and Empire at the National Trust for Scotland October 12, 2021
Daily Archives: April 1, 2019
Sources for the Mutual History of Ghana and the Netherlands: An Annotated Guide to the Dutch Archives Relating to Ghana and West Africa in the Nationaal Archief 1593-1960s: Michel R. Doortmont, Jinna Smit
Annotated guide to the Dutch archives on Ghana and West Africa in the Nationaal Archief offering a comprehensive overview of available sources. Part I: description of archival materials. Part II: historical overview of the Dutch in Ghana and selected themes from Ghanas history. With bibliography and index.
Brill, Netherlands, 2007. Paperback. Condition: New. Language: English. Brand new Book. There is a long tradition of research into the mutual history of Ghana and the Netherlands, especially with respect to the Dutch participation in the Atlantic slave trade. The tradition includes the history of the forts and castles that dot Ghana’s coast, and the wider presence of the Dutch in West Africa between the sixteenth and nineteenth century.
This annotated guide to the Dutch archives on Ghana and West Africa in the Nationaal Archief offers a comprehensive overview of available sources. Part I describes the archival materials in detail. Part II discusses the history of the Dutch in Ghana and selected themes from Ghana’s history. A bibliography and a name, geographical, and thematical index conclude the guide.
Michel R. Doortmont, Ph.D. (1994) in History, Erasmus University Rotterdam, is Associate Professor in International Relations and Africa Studies at the University of Groningen. He has published extensively on urban elites in Ghana and Nigeria, and on the history of Ghana and the Dutch.
Jinna Smit, M.A. (1997) in History, University of Amsterdam, is currently working at the University of Amsterdam on the project Charters and Chancery of the Counts of Holland/Hainaut, 1299-1345 .
- Paperback : 393 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9004158502
- ISBN-13 : 978-9004158504
- Publisher : Brill; Illustrated Edition (August 30, 2007)
- Product Dimensions : 6.2 x 1 x 9.4 inches
Published on Sep 19, 2015
Johanna Wagstaffe explains what havoc melting antarctic sea ice would cause.
Sleepwalking Beyond the Point of No Return: Non-thought and Nonsense in High Places | EV & N 309 | CCTV
Those in control of the dominant institutions in our society are acting on misplaced metaphors and serious delusions of power in a fragile ecosystem. The insights of Zheng He, Columbus, Magellan and many others since their achievements in the 15th century have made it clear that we live on a spherical globe suspended by the laws of physics in a vast and largely empty universe. The trouble is that the very important empirical discoveries of these explorers have been largely swept aside by the illusion of the “endless frontiers” for expansion that their achievements unleashed in the minds of political, military and economic elites.
From a systems perspective, of course, “frontier” metaphors make no sense on Earth because linear metaphors are meaningless on the surface of a sphere. Nevertheless, flat-earth frontier imagery has fueled the delusions of the powerful and inspired the unthinking adherence of millions of people to support the agenda of continuous expansion in one kingdom and country after another ever since the fifteenth century.
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Global Crisis?
- What’s Coming in Harvard’s “Heat Week” 2019? A New Season + New Students + a New Urgency + a New President = a New Divestment Policy?
Further related stories are linked in:
Published on Mar 8, 2017