Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- PHC Film: Soil is a living organism March 25, 2019
- The Mueller Report – A PBS NewsHour/FRONTLINE Special March 25, 2019
- Former U.S. diplomat on the trouble with China-U.S. ties March 25, 2019
- Abolition of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade – UN Chief March 25, 2019
- The Simple Explanation Of Genetically Modifying Seeds Everyone Needs To Hear by Andrew Kimbrell March 25, 2019
- Are There Peer Reviewed Studies Showing GMO’s Are Safe? March 25, 2019
- About Us | Ecological Farming Association March 25, 2019
- JM Fortier on Small Scale Market Gardening March 25, 2019
- Kris Nichols – What 40 Years of Science tells us about Organic Agriculture – EcoFarm 2019 Keynote March 25, 2019
- Oil executives predicted expanded influence in Trump’s Interior Department – Reveal March 25, 2019
- Oil Execs Brag About Having ‘Direct Access’ to Trump’s Pick for Interior Secretary – EcoWatch March 25, 2019
- Ray Archuleta & Gabe Brown, 2018 EcoFarm Keynotes March 25, 2019
- Xi Jinping begins state visit to France March 25, 2019
- Macron seeks united EU front on China as President Xi visits France March 25, 2019
- Killing the Soil that Feeds Us: Food, Profit & the Fatal Impact of Petro-Dependent Agriculture | EV & N 308 | CCTV March 24, 2019
- Worst flooding damage in our state’s history: Nebraska Gov March 24, 2019
- Farmers devastated by historic flooding in Midwest March 24, 2019
- Roads, towns and livelihoods are washed away in Midwest floods March 24, 2019
- “Water Is Life”: Midwestern Floods Threaten Indigenous Communities at Forefron t of Climate Crisis March 24, 2019
- “Remember the South”: Devastating Cyclone Idai Another Example of Global Sout h Paying for Polluters March 24, 2019
- Report: 70 Percent of U.S. Produce Contains Pesticide Residue March 24, 2019
- China: Pesticide Plant Explosion Kills 47 March 24, 2019
- Harvard – The Richest University in the World March 24, 2019
- Should YouTube Historians Be Held to the Same Standards as Academic Historians? March 24, 2019
- Bad History – 1421 by Gavin Menzies March 24, 2019
- Running out of Time | Documentary on Holistic Management March 24, 2019
- Soil Basics: Soil Microbiology March 24, 2019
- Life in the Soil March 24, 2019
- In Search Of Balance March 24, 2019
- Ray Archuleta, PhD Presenting at Nobel Conference 54 March 24, 2019
- GFE 2017 – Ray Archuleta ‘Regenerating the Land’ March 24, 2019
- Living Soil Film March 24, 2019
- Symphony of Soil March 24, 2019
- How Robert Mueller’s Russia Investigation Unfolded March 23, 2019
- Opinion | President Trump says he’s innocent. If so, he should want the Mueller report public March 23, 2019
- Tensions rise as Attorney General William Barr reviews Mueller’s report March 23, 2019
- What Mueller’s Investigation Could Mean for President Trump | NYT News March 23, 2019
- Calvin Dark discusses Italy’s joining the Belt and Road March 23, 2019
- Students File Class Action Lawsuit In College Admissions Scam March 23, 2019
- ‘Criminal’ for Trump to fund nuclear plant – activist – YouTube March 23, 2019
- What Chinese president Xi Jinping’s European visit could mean for the U.S. March 23, 2019
- China donates $800,000 in humanitarian aid to Zimbabwe March 23, 2019
- Faster Than Expected Abrupt Climate Change Wisdom March 23, 2019
- Record Temperatures 20-25C Above Norm in far North March 23, 2019
- Spring 2019 Speaking Tour March 23, 2019
- Who Really Discovered America? – Gavin Menzies March 23, 2019
- Who Really Ignited The Renaissance? – Gavin Menzies March 23, 2019
- Book Review: 1421 The Year China Discovered America March 23, 2019
- 1434: The Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance March 23, 2019
- Bernie Sanders Shames Trump’s Budget Director “Do You Really Not Have A Conscience?!?” March 23, 2019
Daily Archives: March 12, 2019
We Will See Trump’s Tax Returns: David Cay Johnston Predicts Probes Will Uncover President’s Secrets
The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy: Michael Mann, Tom Toles
The award-winning climate scientist Michael E. Mann and the Pulitzer Prize–winning political cartoonist Tom Toles have been on the front lines of the fight against climate denialism for most of their careers. They have witnessed the manipulation of the media by business and political interests and the unconscionable play to partisanship on issues that affect the well-being of billions. The lessons they have learned have been invaluable, inspiring this brilliant, colorful escape hatch from the madhouse of the climate wars.
The Madhouse Effect portrays the intellectual pretzels into which denialists must twist logic to explain away the clear evidence that human activity has changed Earth’s climate. Toles’s cartoons collapse counter-scientific strategies into their biased components, helping readers see how to best strike at these fallacies. Mann’s expert skills at science communication aim to restore sanity to a debate that continues to rage against widely acknowledged scientific consensus. The synergy of these two climate science crusaders enlivens the gloom and doom of so many climate-themed books―and may even convert die-hard doubters to the side of sound science.
For any science or social science course in need of a basic understanding of IPCC reports.
Periodic reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) evaluate the risk of climate change brought on by humans. But the sheer volume of scientific data remains inscrutable to the general public, particularly to those who may still question the validity of climate change. In just over 200 pages, this practical text presents and expands upon the essential findings in a visually stunning and undeniably powerful way to the lay reader. Scientific findings that provide validity to the implications of climate change are presented in clear-cut graphic elements, striking images, and understandable analogies.
The Second Edition covers the latest climate change data and scientific consensus from the Fifth Assessment Report and integrates links to media and active learning to capture learning opportunities for students. The text is also available in various eText formats, including an upgrade option from Mastering Geography.
Dr. Michael E. Mann is Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Science at Penn State University, with joint appointments in the Department of Geosciences and the Earth and Environmental Systems Institute (EESI). He is also director of the Penn State Earth System Science Center (ESSC).
Dr. Mann received his undergraduate degrees in Physics and Applied Math from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.S. degree in Physics from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Geology & Geophysics from Yale University. His research involves the use of theoretical models and observational data to better understand Earth’s climate system.
Dr. Mann was a Lead Author on the Observed Climate Variability and Change chapter of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Scientific Assessment Report in 2001 and was organizing committee chair for the National Academy of Sciences Frontiers of Science in 2003. He has received a number of honors and awards including NOAA’s outstanding publication award in 2002 and selection by Scientific American as one of the fifty leading visionaries in science and technology in 2002. He contributed, with other IPCC authors, to the award of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. He was awarded the Hans Oeschger Medal of the European Geosciences Union in 2012 and was awarded the National Conservation Achievement Award for science by the National Wildlife Federation in 2013. He made Bloomberg News’ list of fifty most influential people in 2013. In 2014, he was named Highly Cited Researcher by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) and received the Friend of the Planet Award from the National Center for Science Education. He received the Stephen H. Schneider Award for Outstanding Climate Science Communication from Climate One in 2017, the Award for Public Engagement with Science from the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2018 and the Climate Communication Prize from the American Geophysical Union in 2018. In 2019 he received the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement. He is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, the American Meteorological Society, the Geological Society of America, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. He is also a co-founder of the award-winning science website RealClimate.org.
Dr. Mann is author of more than 200 peer-reviewed and edited publications, numerous op-eds and commentaries, and four books including Dire Predictions: Understanding Climate Change, The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines, The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial is Threatening our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy and The Tantrum that Saved the World.
Published on Jun 19, 2018
This will change how you shop forever. Visit www.bpa-free.me to learn more and take action! In this 3-minute comedic video, a woman shopping in a grocery store becomes increasingly concerned about Bisphenol-A exposure as her surroundings start interacting with her.