Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Warning that no-deal Brexit will lead to food shortages and price hikes September 20, 2019
- Humanity Is Pumping Carbon Dioxide Into The Atmosphere At The Fastest Rates In History, Overfishing September 20, 2019
- “Urgency of climate crisis encompasses everything else we care about” – Indigenous Climate Activist September 20, 2019
- Live | Global climate strikes kick off ahead of UN summit on climate change September 20, 2019
- “Young People Have Had Enough”: Global Climate Strike Youth Activists on Why They Are Marchi ng September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg: Our House Is On Fire September 20, 2019
- Worldwide rallies to call for more actions against climate change September 20, 2019
- We’re doomed if solar energy stalls—here’s how to keep it rising | Varun Sivaram | TEDxYale September 20, 2019
- Why Solar Energy Needs Innovation to Reach Its Potential September 20, 2019
- Climate change: the trouble with trees | The Economist September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg Testifies Before U.S. Congress | NowThis September 20, 2019
- CLIMATE FORCING | Our Future is Cold September 20, 2019
- #naturenow – Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot on natural climate solutions September 20, 2019
- David Attenborough, Greta Thunberg and Jane Goodall have a message for you about the planet September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot make short film on the climate crisis September 20, 2019
- Saving our island – Youth from the Pacific (360 video) September 20, 2019
- UN: Egyptian city of Alexandria is sinking due to global warming September 20, 2019
- US-Iran Tensions Could Overshadow Push for Climate Action at UN September 20, 2019
- Global Climate Strike: Latest updates – BBC News September 20, 2019
- Everything Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Said Before Congress | NBC New York September 19, 2019
- Amnesty Head: Kumi Naidoo -Climate Crisis Is a “Death Penalty” for Humanity. Leaders Need Politic al Will to Act September 19, 2019
- University of California to Divest from Fossil Fuel Companies September 19, 2019
- Former Executives Acquitted over Roles in Fukushima Nuclear Disaster September 19, 2019
- Thousands Fall Ill as Indonesian Fires Spread Toxic Haze September 19, 2019
- Youth Activist Greta Thunberg to U.S. Lawmakers: Listen to Climate Scientists September 19, 2019
- The New Global Threat from GMOs September 19, 2019
- Man Spends 30 Years Regenerating Farmland into Amazing Forest | Fools & Dreamers (Full Documentary) September 19, 2019
- The tiny creature that secretly powers the planet | Penny Chisholm September 19, 2019
- Chinese Desert Farming Miracle September 19, 2019
- Plant to Power in Burkina Faso September 19, 2019
- Young Champion of the Earth 2019: Omar Itani September 19, 2019
- “Beaten Down, Worked Up”: Steven Greenhouse on the UAW Strike & the State of American Labor September 19, 2019
- The countries grappling with their European heritage – BBC News September 18, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Targets ‘Corruption Right At The Heart Of Our Government’ | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC September 18, 2019
- ‘We’re a team’: Greta Thunberg visits Barack Obama September 18, 2019
- Activist Greta Thunberg on how to make sure the word does not ‘give up’ the climate fight September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg takes climate fight to Congress September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg testifies to Congress over climate crisis September 18, 2019
- Young boy shields Greta Thunberg from photographers on Capitol Hill September 18, 2019
- Whose Migrant Mother was this? September 18, 2019
- Teen activist Greta Thunberg urges US lawmakers to ‘listen to the scientists’ l ABC News September 18, 2019
- Building a 100 Percent Clean Economy: Pathways to Net Zero Industrial Emissions September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg takes climate fight to Congress September 18, 2019
- Global Climate Strike Friday 20th September: When is it, where is it and how to get involved? September 18, 2019
- Oxford set to go on strike over climate crisis September 18, 2019
- Scuttling Science | Reveal September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg and Fridays For Future honoured by Amnesty International – watc h live September 18, 2019
- Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Receives Amnesty International Award from Kumi Naidoo September 18, 2019
- Green Power: A Celebration of Greta Thunberg and the Global Climate Strikes September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg meets with US lawmakers to discuss climate crisis September 18, 2019
Daily Archives: March 12, 2019
We Will See Trump’s Tax Returns: David Cay Johnston Predicts Probes Will Uncover President’s Secrets
The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy: Michael Mann, Tom Toles
The award-winning climate scientist Michael E. Mann and the Pulitzer Prize–winning political cartoonist Tom Toles have been on the front lines of the fight against climate denialism for most of their careers. They have witnessed the manipulation of the media by business and political interests and the unconscionable play to partisanship on issues that affect the well-being of billions. The lessons they have learned have been invaluable, inspiring this brilliant, colorful escape hatch from the madhouse of the climate wars.
The Madhouse Effect portrays the intellectual pretzels into which denialists must twist logic to explain away the clear evidence that human activity has changed Earth’s climate. Toles’s cartoons collapse counter-scientific strategies into their biased components, helping readers see how to best strike at these fallacies. Mann’s expert skills at science communication aim to restore sanity to a debate that continues to rage against widely acknowledged scientific consensus. The synergy of these two climate science crusaders enlivens the gloom and doom of so many climate-themed books―and may even convert die-hard doubters to the side of sound science.
For any science or social science course in need of a basic understanding of IPCC reports.
Periodic reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) evaluate the risk of climate change brought on by humans. But the sheer volume of scientific data remains inscrutable to the general public, particularly to those who may still question the validity of climate change. In just over 200 pages, this practical text presents and expands upon the essential findings in a visually stunning and undeniably powerful way to the lay reader. Scientific findings that provide validity to the implications of climate change are presented in clear-cut graphic elements, striking images, and understandable analogies.
The Second Edition covers the latest climate change data and scientific consensus from the Fifth Assessment Report and integrates links to media and active learning to capture learning opportunities for students. The text is also available in various eText formats, including an upgrade option from Mastering Geography.
Dr. Michael E. Mann is Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Science at Penn State University, with joint appointments in the Department of Geosciences and the Earth and Environmental Systems Institute (EESI). He is also director of the Penn State Earth System Science Center (ESSC).
Dr. Mann received his undergraduate degrees in Physics and Applied Math from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.S. degree in Physics from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Geology & Geophysics from Yale University. His research involves the use of theoretical models and observational data to better understand Earth’s climate system.
Dr. Mann was a Lead Author on the Observed Climate Variability and Change chapter of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Scientific Assessment Report in 2001 and was organizing committee chair for the National Academy of Sciences Frontiers of Science in 2003. He has received a number of honors and awards including NOAA’s outstanding publication award in 2002 and selection by Scientific American as one of the fifty leading visionaries in science and technology in 2002. He contributed, with other IPCC authors, to the award of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. He was awarded the Hans Oeschger Medal of the European Geosciences Union in 2012 and was awarded the National Conservation Achievement Award for science by the National Wildlife Federation in 2013. He made Bloomberg News’ list of fifty most influential people in 2013. In 2014, he was named Highly Cited Researcher by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) and received the Friend of the Planet Award from the National Center for Science Education. He received the Stephen H. Schneider Award for Outstanding Climate Science Communication from Climate One in 2017, the Award for Public Engagement with Science from the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2018 and the Climate Communication Prize from the American Geophysical Union in 2018. In 2019 he received the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement. He is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, the American Meteorological Society, the Geological Society of America, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. He is also a co-founder of the award-winning science website RealClimate.org.
Dr. Mann is author of more than 200 peer-reviewed and edited publications, numerous op-eds and commentaries, and four books including Dire Predictions: Understanding Climate Change, The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines, The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial is Threatening our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy and The Tantrum that Saved the World.
Published on Jun 19, 2018
This will change how you shop forever. Visit www.bpa-free.me to learn more and take action! In this 3-minute comedic video, a woman shopping in a grocery store becomes increasingly concerned about Bisphenol-A exposure as her surroundings start interacting with her.