Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- USA Space Program Re-Ignites, Economy Still Stutters June 6, 2020
- Donald Trump accused of dividing the country June 6, 2020
- Trump Lashes Out As Military Leaders Condemn His Violent Protest Response | The 11th Hour | MSNBC June 6, 2020
- Trump lashes out at former Defense Secretary James Mattis after he denounced response to protesters June 6, 2020
- An Unprecedented Rebuke Of Trump’s Response To Protests | Deadline | MSNBC June 6, 2020
- Lt. Col. Wilkerson Questions Military Chain Of Command For D.C. Protest Force | All In | MSNBC June 6, 2020
- Trump stages photo-op in front of closed church amid protests June 6, 2020
- Bishop overseeing church in shock over Trump photo-op June 6, 2020
- U.S. president caught up in feud with social media platforms June 6, 2020
- Military Veterans Condemn Trump’s Threat Against Protesters | NowThis June 6, 2020
- Schmidt: Trump, Barr Building ‘Thugocracy’ With Secret Police | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC June 6, 2020
- PBS NewsHour Presents ‘Race Matters: America in Crisis’ June 6, 2020
- Thousands gather in London as George Floyd inspired protests sweep the world June 6, 2020
- Defense Secretary breaks with Trump on invoking Insurrection Act June 6, 2020
- Trump tries to revise history about his church walk. Here’s what really happened. June 6, 2020
- Ex-Defense Secretary Mattis condemns Trump as threat to constitution June 6, 2020
- Anderson Cooper calls BS on Barr’s defense of Trump’s photo-op June 6, 2020
- Protestors Forced Out Of Lafayette Park Before Trump Visits Church | MSNBC June 6, 2020
- What’s behind America’s inequality problem — and how to fix it June 6, 2020
- Trump Waives Environmental Protection Regulations | NowThis June 6, 2020
- China-U.S. Trade Deal Tied to Campaign Politics June 6, 2020
- 2020/06/05 Race for COVID-19 vaccine / Global pandemic lessons / State of China-U.S. ties June 6, 2020
- Thousands gather in London as George Floyd inspired protests sweep the world June 6, 2020
- Police at Protests Are Concealing Their Identities | NowThis June 5, 2020
- Plutocracy | Metanoia Films June 5, 2020
- Pope Francis Speaks Out About the Killing of George Floyd | NowThis June 5, 2020
- Obama Speaks Directly to Young People of Color in America | NowThis June 5, 2020
- What the George Floyd protests say about America June 5, 2020
- New anger in United States over video of police violence – BBC News June 5, 2020
- The BIGGEST Concentrated Solar Plant in the World is in Africa I Morocco June 5, 2020
- Gemasolar, concentrated solar power plant (Spain) June 5, 2020
- Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project Part 1: The Facility-The Window-WIRED June 5, 2020
- Crescent Dunes Solar Project Disappears Into the SandsNatural Gas Now June 5, 2020
- 24-Hour Solar Energy: Molten Salt Makes It Possible, and Prices Are Falling Fast | InsideClimate News June 5, 2020
- This Is An Unprecedented Moment in History June 5, 2020
- Retired general issues dire warning after Trump’s threat June 5, 2020
- Military Veterans Condemn Trump’s Threat Against Protesters | NowThis June 5, 2020
- Rev. Al Sharpton Tells Trump to Open His Bible | NowThis June 5, 2020
- Race Matters: America in Crisis Promo June 5, 2020
- Borders, im/mobilities, and pandemic nations June 5, 2020
- Stephen Greenblatt Reads an Excerpt From ‘The Swerve’ June 5, 2020
- Stephen Greenblatt: Can Art Be Universal? June 5, 2020
- Stephen Greenblatt: The Poem That Dragged Us Out of the Dark Ages June 5, 2020
- “The Swerve: How the World Became Modern,” Stephen Greenblatt, The University of Kansas June 5, 2020
- ARIZONA: Energy and Personal Involvement June 5, 2020
- Home Page – Institute for Local Self-Reliance June 5, 2020
- Public Citizen Releases “PUHCA for Dummies” – Nutshell Guide to Public Utility Holding Company Act June 5, 2020
- PUHCA FOR DUMMIES: An Electricity Blackout and Energy Bill Primer, A guide to the Public Utility Holding Company Act June 5, 2020
- Planet of the Humans : Let’s just have a think… June 5, 2020
- 350.org & Bill McKibben – Response: Planet of the Humans Documentary June 5, 2020
Daily Archives: March 12, 2019
We Will See Trump’s Tax Returns: David Cay Johnston Predicts Probes Will Uncover President’s Secrets
The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial Is Threatening Our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy: Michael Mann, Tom Toles
The award-winning climate scientist Michael E. Mann and the Pulitzer Prize–winning political cartoonist Tom Toles have been on the front lines of the fight against climate denialism for most of their careers. They have witnessed the manipulation of the media by business and political interests and the unconscionable play to partisanship on issues that affect the well-being of billions. The lessons they have learned have been invaluable, inspiring this brilliant, colorful escape hatch from the madhouse of the climate wars.
The Madhouse Effect portrays the intellectual pretzels into which denialists must twist logic to explain away the clear evidence that human activity has changed Earth’s climate. Toles’s cartoons collapse counter-scientific strategies into their biased components, helping readers see how to best strike at these fallacies. Mann’s expert skills at science communication aim to restore sanity to a debate that continues to rage against widely acknowledged scientific consensus. The synergy of these two climate science crusaders enlivens the gloom and doom of so many climate-themed books―and may even convert die-hard doubters to the side of sound science.
For any science or social science course in need of a basic understanding of IPCC reports.
Periodic reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) evaluate the risk of climate change brought on by humans. But the sheer volume of scientific data remains inscrutable to the general public, particularly to those who may still question the validity of climate change. In just over 200 pages, this practical text presents and expands upon the essential findings in a visually stunning and undeniably powerful way to the lay reader. Scientific findings that provide validity to the implications of climate change are presented in clear-cut graphic elements, striking images, and understandable analogies.
The Second Edition covers the latest climate change data and scientific consensus from the Fifth Assessment Report and integrates links to media and active learning to capture learning opportunities for students. The text is also available in various eText formats, including an upgrade option from Mastering Geography.
Dr. Michael E. Mann is Distinguished Professor of Atmospheric Science at Penn State University, with joint appointments in the Department of Geosciences and the Earth and Environmental Systems Institute (EESI). He is also director of the Penn State Earth System Science Center (ESSC).
Dr. Mann received his undergraduate degrees in Physics and Applied Math from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.S. degree in Physics from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Geology & Geophysics from Yale University. His research involves the use of theoretical models and observational data to better understand Earth’s climate system.
Dr. Mann was a Lead Author on the Observed Climate Variability and Change chapter of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Scientific Assessment Report in 2001 and was organizing committee chair for the National Academy of Sciences Frontiers of Science in 2003. He has received a number of honors and awards including NOAA’s outstanding publication award in 2002 and selection by Scientific American as one of the fifty leading visionaries in science and technology in 2002. He contributed, with other IPCC authors, to the award of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. He was awarded the Hans Oeschger Medal of the European Geosciences Union in 2012 and was awarded the National Conservation Achievement Award for science by the National Wildlife Federation in 2013. He made Bloomberg News’ list of fifty most influential people in 2013. In 2014, he was named Highly Cited Researcher by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) and received the Friend of the Planet Award from the National Center for Science Education. He received the Stephen H. Schneider Award for Outstanding Climate Science Communication from Climate One in 2017, the Award for Public Engagement with Science from the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2018 and the Climate Communication Prize from the American Geophysical Union in 2018. In 2019 he received the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement. He is a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, the American Meteorological Society, the Geological Society of America, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. He is also a co-founder of the award-winning science website RealClimate.org.
Dr. Mann is author of more than 200 peer-reviewed and edited publications, numerous op-eds and commentaries, and four books including Dire Predictions: Understanding Climate Change, The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines, The Madhouse Effect: How Climate Change Denial is Threatening our Planet, Destroying Our Politics, and Driving Us Crazy and The Tantrum that Saved the World.
Published on Jun 19, 2018
This will change how you shop forever. Visit www.bpa-free.me to learn more and take action! In this 3-minute comedic video, a woman shopping in a grocery store becomes increasingly concerned about Bisphenol-A exposure as her surroundings start interacting with her.