Government inaction, citizen demands for change and a deteriorating global environment all spell trouble ahead for both the rapidly changing ecosystem and the political elites who do neither understand nor can properly respond to the global climate crisis for civilization throughout the world. Pretending the problem will go away or appointing new hand-picked commissions to produce new “reports” that seek to justify a minor role for government in addressing the crisis will simply not work.
Meanwhile as the youth, the scientists and the journalists realize the window for effective action to salvage civilization is rapidly closing, committing future generations to further disasters and aggravated political crises around the world.
UNA-USA Global Engagement Summit 2019 – Panel 3
- Greta Thunberg: “We want politicians to listen to the scientists”
+ Greta Thunberg references + (further background information)
- Why climate change is an ‘all-encompassing threat’ – David Wallace-Wells
+ David Wallace-Wells references + (further background information)
- On Contact: Civil Disobedience to Stop Ecocide – with Roger Hallam
- Greta Thunberg at Extinction Rebellion
as well as:
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth?
- Beyond Greed and Malice: Parents, Children & The Struggle for a Hopeful Future
- Truth-Sayers & Soothsayers: The Struggle for a Credible Narrative of the Human Prospect
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Crisis?
- Voices from Oxford – Tim Weiskel: Infinite Growth on a Finite Planet Is Not Possible
- Voices from Oxford: Tim Weiskel – Advice to Young People: Environmental Sustainability
For updates on Extinction Rebellion see: