Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Digital Currency Wars: A National Security Crisis Simulation – YouTube November 19, 2019
- Noura Erakat: U.S. Recognition of Israeli Settlements Is “Entrenchment of an Apartheid Regime ” November 19, 2019
- Bolivian U.N. Ambassador: “Racist Elite” Engineered Coup to Restore Neoliberalism in Bolivia November 19, 2019
- La desecación del Mediterráneo. Origen del Mediterráneo November 19, 2019
- Gibraltar Breach November 19, 2019
- We all can take action now to keep antimicrobials working as they should! November 19, 2019
- How big is the universe … compared with a grain of sand? November 19, 2019
- Sydney air quality among worst in the world as bushfire smoke lingers | Nine News Australia November 19, 2019
- Smoky haze blankets Sydney as bushfires rage – BBC News November 19, 2019
- Homeless Woman Given iPhone for Three Days to Tell Her Story | Home Stream | Real Stories Original November 19, 2019
- NEWSFLASH: XR Global Hunger Strike – London | We Need You Tomorrow | Extinction Rebellion November 18, 2019
- Genetically modified salmon to hit U.S. markets November 18, 2019
- New report: Wealthy hoarding their money! (Full show) November 18, 2019
- World Toilet Day: China’s ‘Toilet Revolution’ November 18, 2019
- U.S. President Donald Trump considers testifying at impeachment hearings November 18, 2019
- Global media executives discuss media opportunities, challenges in new era November 18, 2019
- Making the ‘Emergency’ feel like one | Marc Lopatin | Extinction Rebellion November 18, 2019
- Barry Clifford Whydah Underwater salvage and artifacts November 18, 2019
- The Whydah Gally | Brief History of a Cape Cod Pirate Ship – New England Today November 18, 2019
- Thomas Meaney “Trump’s Very American Foreign Policy” November 18, 2019
- Some Advantages of Joining….The Africa Map Circle | EV & N – #332 | CCTV November 17, 2019
- BRICS nations meet in Brazil to accelerate trade November 17, 2019
- How Much Of An Impact Would It Have On Climate Change If Everyone Stopped Eating Meat? What About November 17, 2019
- Venice mayor says flooded city is ‘on its knees’ November 17, 2019
- Negative Emissions Needed for 2 Degrees November 17, 2019
- Video Replay: The Moon – Incredible Lunar Views From The Japanese SELENE Orbiter – Earthrise November 17, 2019
- White House official testifies over President Trump’s impeachment November 17, 2019
- Longest-Serving Trump Adviser Roger Stone Found Guilty | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC November 17, 2019
- Crashed: How a Decade of Financial Crises Changed the World with Adam Tooze November 16, 2019
- Venice flooding at historic levels during high tide November 16, 2019
- Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica under water in worst flooding in 50 years | DW News November 16, 2019
- High tide worries Venice after flooding November 16, 2019
- Adam Tooze: American Power in the Long 20th Century November 16, 2019
- WaterFurnace® – The Reliable Renewable™ November 16, 2019
- Venice floods: Water levels rising after highest tide in 50 years November 16, 2019
- WATCH: Yovanovitch said authoritarians use smear campaigns similar to what was used against her November 15, 2019
- Africa 1828 Brue linen backed map Mts. of Moon November 15, 2019
- West Africa Slave & Ivory Coast Benin Morocco Barbary 1792 Jan Elwe De L’Isle scarce folio map November 15, 2019
- African ethnography native types 1836 scarce excellent Dutch prints lot of 7 original hand color November 15, 2019
- World Atlas 1695 Thesaurus Geography Moll complete with 58 maps fortified plans beautiful rare book November 15, 2019
- Knights of Malta Rhodes 1772 Chevaliers de Rhodes by Vertot lovely rare 6 vol. fine gilt leather set November 15, 2019
- Cambridge Climate Protection Action Committee Outlines Goals for Achieving Net Zero Carbon Emissions | News | The Harvard Crimson November 15, 2019
- Green divestment : The Rockefellers are right November 15, 2019
- Saudi Arabia’s Gigantic Oil Problem, Explained in 2 Minutes November 15, 2019
- Al Gore calls for fossil fuel divestment at Harvard November 15, 2019
- Divest Harvard Blockade Summary November 15, 2019
- Harvard Students Urge University to Divest From Prison Industry | NBC Left Field November 15, 2019
- Curators on Camera November 15, 2019
- Venice’s St. Mark’s square closed as state of emergency declared November 15, 2019
- Johan Rockström: reviewing the Planetary Boundaries framework November 15, 2019
Daily Archives: March 2, 2019
My generation trashed the planet. So I salute the children striking back | George Monbiot | Opinion | The Guardian
Across the country today, children left their classes to protest against climate change. This is my message to them
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10.28 EST Last modified on Fri 15 Feb 2019 13.57 EST
The Youth Strike 4 Climate gives me more hope than I have felt in 30 years of campaigning. Before this week, I believed it was all over. I thought, given the indifference and hostility of those who govern us, and the passivity of most of my generation, that climate breakdown and ecological collapse were inevitable. Now, for the first time in years, I think we can turn them around.
My generation and the generations that went before have failed you. We failed to grasp the basic premise of intergenerational justice: that you cannot apply discount rates to human life. In other words, the life of someone who has not been born will be of no less value than the life of someone who already exists. We have lived as if your lives had no importance, as if any resource we encountered was ours and ours alone to use as we wished, regardless of the impact on future generations. In doing so, we created a cannibal economy: we ate your future to satisfy our greed.
It is true that the people of my generation are not equally to blame. Broadly speaking, ours is a society of altruists governed by psychopaths. We have allowed a tiny number of phenomenally rich people, and the destructive politicians they fund, to trash our life-support systems. While some carry more blame than others, our failure to challenge the oligarchs who are sacking the Earth and to overthrow their illegitimate power, is a collective failure. Together, we have bequeathed you a world that – without drastic and decisive action – may soon become uninhabitable.
Every day at home, we tell you that if you make a mess you should clear it up. We tell you that you should take responsibility for your own lives. But we have failed to apply these principles to ourselves. We walk away from the mess we have made, in the hope that you might clear it up.
Fri 1 Mar 2019 07.00 EST Last modified on Fri 1 Mar 2019 07.46 EST
Activists behind recent youth-led climate protests say their views are being ignored in the debate about global warming
We, the young, are deeply concerned about our future. Humanity is currently causing the sixth mass extinction of species and the global climate system is at the brink of a catastrophic crisis. Its devastating impacts are already felt by millions of people around the globe. Yet we are far from reaching the goals of the Paris agreement.
Young people make up more than half of the global population. Our generation grew up with the climate crisis and we will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives. Despite that fact, most of us are not included in the local and global decision-making process. We are the voiceless future of humanity.
We will no longer accept this injustice. We demand justice for all past, current and future victims of the climate crisis, and so we are rising up. Thousands of us have taken to the streets in the past weeks all around the world. Now we will make our voices heard. On 15 March, we will protest on every continent.
We finally need to treat the climate crisis as a crisis. It is the biggest threat in human history and we will not accept the world’s decision-makers’ inaction that threatens our entire civilisation. We will not accept a life in fear and devastation. We have the right to live our dreams and hopes. Climate change is already happening. People did die, are dying and will die because of it, but we can and will stop this madness.
We, the young, have started to move. We are going to change the fate of humanity, whether you like it or not. United we will rise until we see climate justice. We demand the world’s decision-makers take responsibility and solve this crisis.
You have failed us in the past. If you continue failing us in the future, we, the young people, will make change happen by ourselves. The youth of this world has started to move and we will not rest again.
The global coordination group of the youth-led climate strike
• Join the debate – email guardian.letters
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters
• Do you have a photo you’d like to share with Guardian readers? Click here to upload it and we’ll publish the best submissions in the letters spread of our print edition
Published on Jul 26, 2016
Historians say that the labor force that built the White House included both enslaved and free African Americans.
Published on Mar 2, 2019
The social credit system is important for improving the socialist market economy system. There is a need for great efforts to step up education on social credit, further develop industrial standards and improve the reward and punishment systems so as to foster a healthy social climate.