Sen. Feinstein Dismisses Youth Activists’ Call for Green New Deal
Feb 25, 2019
California Senator Dianne Feinstein is coming under fire after a video showing her interaction with a group of youth climate activists, some as young as 7 years old, went viral over the weekend. In the video, Feinstein dismisses the students’ demands to take action on climate change, including supporting the Green New Deal, which was recently introduced as a resolution by New York Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey.
Youth activist 1: “Scientists have said that we have 12 years to turn this around.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “Well, it’s not going to get turned around in 10 years. What we can do is put ourselves”—
Mother: “Senator, if this doesn’t get turned around in 10 years, you’re looking at the faces of the people who are going to be living with these consequences.”
Youth activist 2: “The government is supposed to be for the people, by the people and all for the people.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “You know what’s interesting about this group is, I’ve been doing this for 30 years. I know what I’m doing. You come in here, and you say, ‘It has to be my way or the highway.’”
Brave New Films Published on Feb 25, 2019
Watch members of Youth Vs The Apocalypse as they fight to change the trajectory of global warming and encourage lawmakers to vote YES on The Green New Deal. Sen. Feinstein and the establishment have blown their chance over the last 30 years and we’re already over the precipice, it’s time to follow the lead of the next generation.
Corrupt Sen. Feinstein Scolds Kids on the #GreenNewDeal
Dianne Feinstein was confronted by kids from the Sunshine Movement on whether or not she supported the Green New Deal. Wanna take a guess how that went?
- Feinstein on Green New Deal
- ‘I know what I’m doing’: Sen. Feinstein argues with kids on climate bill
- Truth-Sayers & Soothsayers: The Struggle for a Credible Narrative of the Human Prospect
- Beyond Greed and Malice: Parents, Children & The Struggle for a Hopeful Future
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Crisis?
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth?
- As Bad Climate News Builds Up, Central Governments Shut Down
- Meet the Kids Who Confronted Sen. Feinstein: We’re the Ones Who Will Have to Live with It
- Teen Climate Activist to Sen. Dianne Feinstein: We Need the Green New Deal to Prevent the Apocalypse
- Swedish Teen Greta Thunberg Leads Belgian School Strike for Climate
as well as:
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Global Crisis?
- ‘What can we say to our children?’ Adult Talk on Speaking with Children about Science and Survival
- Institutions and Their Leaders in Times of Catabolic Collapse
- VOX – Voices from Oxford: Tim Weiskel – Advice to Young People: Environmental Sustainability
- Needed: An Honest Cost-Benefit Analysis of Fossil Fuels to Avoid Extinction
- Trying to Prepare for the Unprecedented
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- The Importance of the Youth Perspective in Paris (February 2015).
- Spanning Oceans – Bridging Traditions: Learning about Climate at Oxford, Yale, Harvard, Yale, etc.
- The Collapse of Public Leadership and the Rise of a Citizen-Scientist Alliance for Climate Survival
- The Great Leap Backwards: The Failure of U.S. Political Leadership on Climate Change
- We live on a planet with finite resources and infinite throughput energy….
- VOX – Voices from Oxford – Tim Weiskel: Infinite Growth on a Finite Planet Is Not Possible
- Heading Beyond the Point-of-No-Return:“Hothouse Earth” and the Crying Need for Global Leadership