Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Lie That Underpins All Injustices Facing Black Americans | NowThis July 8, 2020
- Trump stokes division with comments about race July 7, 2020
- The Coronavirus Pandemic: Surging Cases, A Growing Crisis July 7, 2020
- Trump Pressures Governors to Reopen Schools – YouTube July 7, 2020
- Harvard, Princeton Roll Out Plans For Fall Amid Trump Pressure To Reopen | All In | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- The Lie That Underpins All Injustices Facing Black Americans | NowThis July 7, 2020
- Trump rebukes Fauci: We are in a good place on Covid-19 July 7, 2020
- The national impact of the federal government’s Paycheck Protection Program July 7, 2020
- An Archaeology Of Catastrophe: Troy And The Collapse Of The Bronze Age July 7, 2020
- See Trump’s Own Family Call Him A Cheating, Traumatized “Clown” | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- More states are seeing ICUs reach capacity as coronavirus spreads July 7, 2020
- In government’s absence, Mexicans turn to cartels for pandemic aid July 7, 2020
- NEA president slams Trump’s idea to reopen schools July 7, 2020
- Trump-Linked Churches Get Big Pandemic Loans July 7, 2020
- South Africa considers renewed restrictions after virus surge July 7, 2020
- States Backpedal On Reopening Plans As Cases Surge July 7, 2020
- How Trump Linked Lobbyists Scored Big On Covid Funds July 7, 2020
- Trump Administration Gives Formal Notice Of Withdrawal From WHO | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- Indigenous lawyer: Pipeline construction is “clear, obvious environmental racism” July 7, 2020
- “A Dream That Comes True”: Standing Rock Elder Hails Order to Shut Down DAPL After Years of Protest July 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — July 7, 2020 July 7, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — July 6, 2020 July 7, 2020
- Nick Estes: Trump’s July 4 stunt violated longstanding treaties recognizing Indigenous sovereignty July 7, 2020
- “He Wasn’t Invited”: How Trump’s Racist Mt. Rushmore Celebration Violated Indigenous Sovereignty July 7, 2020
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Indigenous Resistance to Climate Change July 7, 2020
- Indigenous Historian Nick Estes on Toppling Statues, Racist Team Names & COVID-19 in Indian Country July 7, 2020
- How Black & Indigenous Groups Won the Fight to Stop the Atlantic Coast Pipeline July 7, 2020
- The US Should Stop Lying About Its History July 7, 2020
- Stir Crazy! Episode #63: No More Whitewashed History July 7, 2020
- Microbiologist: COVID-19 mutations will change how we live July 7, 2020
- Tranformative Technologies: How COVID-19 Has Forced Change in Industries Old & New July 7, 2020
- WATCH LIVE: College officials testify on future of higher education amid COVID-19 July 7, 2020
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro Tests Positive For Coronavirus | Andrea Mitchell | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- Greta Thunberg & UNICEF Help Kids During COVID-19 | NowThis July 7, 2020
- UNICEF – “We are the coronavirus gen.” July 7, 2020
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Discusses COVID-19 with Sen. Doug Jones | LIVE | NowThis July 7, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on education | UNICEF July 7, 2020
- High-Level Political Forum 2020 (HLPF 2020) .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform July 7, 2020
- Opening of the 2020 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF 2020) July 7, 2020
- DRK rejects talks ahead of U.S. envoy’s visit to ROK July 7, 2020
- Doc: Close Conditions At Trump’s AZ Rally Are ‘Terrifying’ | The 11th Hour | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- Thanks To COVID-19, ‘Americans Are Too Dangerous To Be Let Out Of Our Own Country’ | All In | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- Covid survivors may face life-long brain injuries – BBC News July 7, 2020
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos: The richest person in the world – BBC News July 7, 2020
- The Resilient Recovery Series: Climate Finance for a Sustainable Future July 7, 2020
- Can coronavirus be defeated without addressing homelessness? July 7, 2020
- Republican Governors Hate Themselves For Taking Trump’s Advice July 7, 2020
- ‘Trump Is A Threat To Our Nation’: Hundreds Of Ex-Staffers Under George W. Bush Endorse Biden July 7, 2020
- Former CIA Director Says Trump ‘Unfit For This High-Esteemed Office’ | Deadline | MSNBC July 7, 2020
- A Brief But Spectacular take on turning COVID-19 grief into action July 7, 2020
Daily Archives: February 25, 2019
The sculptures of the Baule people of the Ivory Coast have long been recognized in Europe and the United States as one of Africa’s most significant art traditions. The work of many modern artists – Amedeo Modigliani in particular – refelects the direct influence of Baule invention and forms.
This text explores for the texture and details of Baule life and art. Illustrations include field photographs showing artworks in the intimacy of daily lives and public performances, and museum photograophs of Baule sculptures. Susan Vogel focuses on the creation and uses of Baule works of art apart from their definition as “art” in western eyes. She establishes a means for understanding Baule expressive culture from the perspective of the Baule individuals.
Fueled by Her Own Ignorance and Arrogance, Senior Democratic Politician — and Grandmother — Goes Down in Flames in Confrontation with Constituents’s Children
Sen. Feinstein Dismisses Youth Activists’ Call for Green New Deal
Feb 25, 2019
California Senator Dianne Feinstein is coming under fire after a video showing her interaction with a group of youth climate activists, some as young as 7 years old, went viral over the weekend. In the video, Feinstein dismisses the students’ demands to take action on climate change, including supporting the Green New Deal, which was recently introduced as a resolution by New York Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey.
Youth activist 1: “Scientists have said that we have 12 years to turn this around.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “Well, it’s not going to get turned around in 10 years. What we can do is put ourselves”—
Mother: “Senator, if this doesn’t get turned around in 10 years, you’re looking at the faces of the people who are going to be living with these consequences.”
Youth activist 2: “The government is supposed to be for the people, by the people and all for the people.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “You know what’s interesting about this group is, I’ve been doing this for 30 years. I know what I’m doing. You come in here, and you say, ‘It has to be my way or the highway.’”
Brave New Films Published on Feb 25, 2019
Watch members of Youth Vs The Apocalypse as they fight to change the trajectory of global warming and encourage lawmakers to vote YES on The Green New Deal. Sen. Feinstein and the establishment have blown their chance over the last 30 years and we’re already over the precipice, it’s time to follow the lead of the next generation.
Corrupt Sen. Feinstein Scolds Kids on the #GreenNewDeal
Published on Feb 24, 2019
Dianne Feinstein was confronted by kids from the Sunshine Movement on whether or not she supported the Green New Deal. Wanna take a guess how that went?
- Feinstein on Green New Deal
- ‘I know what I’m doing’: Sen. Feinstein argues with kids on climate bill
- Truth-Sayers & Soothsayers: The Struggle for a Credible Narrative of the Human Prospect
- Beyond Greed and Malice: Parents, Children & The Struggle for a Hopeful Future
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Crisis?
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth?
- As Bad Climate News Builds Up, Central Governments Shut Down
- Meet the Kids Who Confronted Sen. Feinstein: We’re the Ones Who Will Have to Live with It
- Teen Climate Activist to Sen. Dianne Feinstein: We Need the Green New Deal to Prevent the Apocalypse
- Swedish Teen Greta Thunberg Leads Belgian School Strike for Climate
as well as:
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Global Crisis?
- ‘What can we say to our children?’ Adult Talk on Speaking with Children about Science and Survival
- Institutions and Their Leaders in Times of Catabolic Collapse
- VOX – Voices from Oxford: Tim Weiskel – Advice to Young People: Environmental Sustainability
- Needed: An Honest Cost-Benefit Analysis of Fossil Fuels to Avoid Extinction
- Trying to Prepare for the Unprecedented
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- The Importance of the Youth Perspective in Paris (February 2015).
- Spanning Oceans – Bridging Traditions: Learning about Climate at Oxford, Yale, Harvard, Yale, etc.
- The Collapse of Public Leadership and the Rise of a Citizen-Scientist Alliance for Climate Survival
- The Great Leap Backwards: The Failure of U.S. Political Leadership on Climate Change
- We live on a planet with finite resources and infinite throughput energy….
- VOX – Voices from Oxford – Tim Weiskel: Infinite Growth on a Finite Planet Is Not Possible
- Heading Beyond the Point-of-No-Return:“Hothouse Earth” and the Crying Need for Global Leadership
Published on Feb 23, 2019
A group of children with the Sunrise Movement, a climate advocacy group, went into Senator Dianne Feinstein’s office to sway her vote on the Green New Deal.
The California Democrat fired back. https://bit.ly/2H1bBMn
Sen. Feinstein Criticized For ‘Disrespect’ When Meeting Kids Who Support Green New Deal | TIME
TIMEPublished on Feb 25, 2019
Sen. Feinstein criticized for “Smugness” and “Disrespect” When meeting kids who support Green New Deal.
Activist Group Uses Kids to Push Green New Deal
Published on Feb 23, 2019
Feinstein’s response is priceless when this activist group tries to use kids to push AOC’s green new deal.
Published on Jan 25, 2017
Noam Chomsky: Intelligence is a lethal mutation
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Published on Feb 22, 2019
Remarks by the Chief Executive Officer of the Global Environment Facility (GEF), Naoko Ishii, following a meeting with FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva.