Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Roads: An Anthropology of Infrastructure and Expertise (Expertise: Cultures and Technologies of Knowledge): Penny Harvey, Hannah Knox October 25, 2021
- The Licit Life of Capitalism: US Oil in Equatorial Guinea: Hannah Appel October 25, 2021
- Africa’s Last Colonial Currency: The CFA Franc Story October 25, 2021
- The Agribusiness Alliance for a Green Revolution Failed Africa – Tim Wise (GDAE-Tufts University & IATP) October 25, 2021
- Africans publicly challenge Green Revolution backers | IATP October 25, 2021
- Beyond Africa’s Green Revolution: Time for donors to shift funding to agroecology | IATP October 25, 2021
- Bayer/Monsanto loses again: Mexico’s Highest Court Rejects Appeal of GM Corn Ban October 25, 2021
- Mexico’s Highest Court Rejects Appeal of GM Corn Ban – Food Tank October 25, 2021
- Jane Goodall’s message of hope October 25, 2021
- History Faculty Inaugural Lecture – Hillary Rodham Clinton Professor of Women’s History October 25, 2021
- Ilhan Omar Blasts Manchin & Sinema for Siding with Big Pharma, Big Oil & Wall Street in Budget Talks October 25, 2021
- “Dirty Empire”: Sen. Joe Manchin Demands Dems Drop Climate Funding as He Makes Millions from Coal October 25, 2021
- El volcán de La Palma está en el momento de mayor actividad October 25, 2021
- Terrible Explosion Lava La Palma (oct 2021) Spain★ Lava Drone Video || La Palma Volcano & Mount E tna October 25, 2021
- Incredible in 2021! Spectacular Huge Eruption of Mount Aso in Kumamoto, Kyushu, Japan October 25, 2021
- America is on Strike | Robert Reich October 25, 2021
- How Kyrsten Sinema, Once a Socialist, Is Now Obstructing the Democrats’ Pr ogressive Platform October 25, 2021
- Sen. Joe Manchin’s Opposition to Biden Agenda Backed by History of Putting Corpora tions Over People October 25, 2021
- ‘Human greed causing death and destruction in the Himalayas’ – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Israel announces plans to build 1,300 new West Bank settlement homes • FRA NCE 24 English October 25, 2021
- ‘Four Seasons Total Documentary’ | Official Trailer October 25, 2021
- Storms in Northern California bring landslides and flooding October 25, 2021
- Public Citizen Blasts Pfizer for Putting Corporate Profit Over Increasing Access to COVID Vaccines October 25, 2021
- Live: Sudan’s General Burhan dissolves government, declares state of emergency • FRANCE 24 October 25, 2021
- Ethiopia launches air strikes in northern and western Tigray • FRANCE 24 Eng lish October 25, 2021
- Rep. Ro Khanna Slams Conservative Democrats for Holding Back Build Back Better Plan October 25, 2021
- Free Julian Assange: Snowden, Varoufakis, Corbyn & Tariq Ali Speak Out Ahead of Extradition Hearing October 25, 2021
- Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen appears before UK parliament committee – w atch live October 25, 2021
- Facebook Whistleblower Testifies In UK October 25, 2021
- The Art Market is a Scam (And Rich People Run It) October 25, 2021
- Former Saudi intelligence official accuses Mohammed bin Salman of multiple murder plots, kidnappi… October 25, 2021
- Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid military coup reports – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Crowds rally as Sudan PM held in apparent army coup; gunfire reported • FRANCE 24 English October 25, 2021
- Covid cases rising in UK – what happens next? – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Climate change: Italian beekeepers’ heavy losses in Sicily • FRANCE 24 Engl ish October 25, 2021
- Trump Loyalists Planned To Overturn The Election In ‘War Room’ of D.C. Hotel October 25, 2021
- Velshi: The Cost Of Climate Change October 25, 2021
- ‘Roads We Build Will Be Washed Away’: Joaquin Castro on how climate provisions help infrastructure October 25, 2021
- Bezos Upgrades Disaster Plan, La Palma, Ionospheric Disturbances | S0 News Oct. 25, 2021 October 25, 2021
- Etna erupts and floods hit over 24hrs in Sicily, Italy 🇮🇹 October 24 2021 Scordia Catania maltempo October 25, 2021
- Mount Etna erupts spectacularly spewing ash and lava October 25, 2021
- “Bomb cyclone” brings rough winds, heavy rain to North America’s west coa st – YouTube October 25, 2021
- ‘Bomb Cyclone’ Pummels California With Dangerous Mudslides And Flooding October 25, 2021
- Extreme Weather Strikes the West Coast October 25, 2021
- Tens of millions on alert as massive weather systems take aim October 25, 2021
- Live: Global Climate Talk－Funding for biodiversity October 25, 2021
- ‘Bomb cyclone’ slams the West Coast October 24, 2021
- A Look at Colin Powell’s Legacy, Following His Death at 84 October 24, 2021
- Colin Powell Was a Nice Man Who Helped Destroy Iraq October 24, 2021
- Defending Earth against asteroid impacts – NASA scientist explains October 24, 2021
Daily Archives: February 25, 2019
The sculptures of the Baule people of the Ivory Coast have long been recognized in Europe and the United States as one of Africa’s most significant art traditions. The work of many modern artists – Amedeo Modigliani in particular – refelects the direct influence of Baule invention and forms.
This text explores for the texture and details of Baule life and art. Illustrations include field photographs showing artworks in the intimacy of daily lives and public performances, and museum photograophs of Baule sculptures. Susan Vogel focuses on the creation and uses of Baule works of art apart from their definition as “art” in western eyes. She establishes a means for understanding Baule expressive culture from the perspective of the Baule individuals.
Fueled by Her Own Ignorance and Arrogance, Senior Democratic Politician — and Grandmother — Goes Down in Flames in Confrontation with Constituents’s Children
Sen. Feinstein Dismisses Youth Activists’ Call for Green New Deal
Feb 25, 2019
California Senator Dianne Feinstein is coming under fire after a video showing her interaction with a group of youth climate activists, some as young as 7 years old, went viral over the weekend. In the video, Feinstein dismisses the students’ demands to take action on climate change, including supporting the Green New Deal, which was recently introduced as a resolution by New York Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey.
Youth activist 1: “Scientists have said that we have 12 years to turn this around.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “Well, it’s not going to get turned around in 10 years. What we can do is put ourselves”—
Mother: “Senator, if this doesn’t get turned around in 10 years, you’re looking at the faces of the people who are going to be living with these consequences.”
Youth activist 2: “The government is supposed to be for the people, by the people and all for the people.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein: “You know what’s interesting about this group is, I’ve been doing this for 30 years. I know what I’m doing. You come in here, and you say, ‘It has to be my way or the highway.’”
Brave New Films Published on Feb 25, 2019
Watch members of Youth Vs The Apocalypse as they fight to change the trajectory of global warming and encourage lawmakers to vote YES on The Green New Deal. Sen. Feinstein and the establishment have blown their chance over the last 30 years and we’re already over the precipice, it’s time to follow the lead of the next generation.
Corrupt Sen. Feinstein Scolds Kids on the #GreenNewDeal
Published on Feb 24, 2019
Dianne Feinstein was confronted by kids from the Sunshine Movement on whether or not she supported the Green New Deal. Wanna take a guess how that went?
- Feinstein on Green New Deal
- ‘I know what I’m doing’: Sen. Feinstein argues with kids on climate bill
- Truth-Sayers & Soothsayers: The Struggle for a Credible Narrative of the Human Prospect
- Beyond Greed and Malice: Parents, Children & The Struggle for a Hopeful Future
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Crisis?
- Can the “Grown Ups” Catch On and Catch Up with the Youth?
- As Bad Climate News Builds Up, Central Governments Shut Down
- Meet the Kids Who Confronted Sen. Feinstein: We’re the Ones Who Will Have to Live with It
- Teen Climate Activist to Sen. Dianne Feinstein: We Need the Green New Deal to Prevent the Apocalypse
- Swedish Teen Greta Thunberg Leads Belgian School Strike for Climate
as well as:
- Education in the Face of Catastrophe: What Do We Really Learn from Universities in Times of Global Crisis?
- ‘What can we say to our children?’ Adult Talk on Speaking with Children about Science and Survival
- Institutions and Their Leaders in Times of Catabolic Collapse
- VOX – Voices from Oxford: Tim Weiskel – Advice to Young People: Environmental Sustainability
- Needed: An Honest Cost-Benefit Analysis of Fossil Fuels to Avoid Extinction
- Trying to Prepare for the Unprecedented
- Youth Go to Court to Demand a Survivable Future
- The Importance of the Youth Perspective in Paris (February 2015).
- Spanning Oceans – Bridging Traditions: Learning about Climate at Oxford, Yale, Harvard, Yale, etc.
- The Collapse of Public Leadership and the Rise of a Citizen-Scientist Alliance for Climate Survival
- The Great Leap Backwards: The Failure of U.S. Political Leadership on Climate Change
- We live on a planet with finite resources and infinite throughput energy….
- VOX – Voices from Oxford – Tim Weiskel: Infinite Growth on a Finite Planet Is Not Possible
- Heading Beyond the Point-of-No-Return:“Hothouse Earth” and the Crying Need for Global Leadership
Published on Feb 23, 2019
A group of children with the Sunrise Movement, a climate advocacy group, went into Senator Dianne Feinstein’s office to sway her vote on the Green New Deal.
The California Democrat fired back. https://bit.ly/2H1bBMn
Sen. Feinstein Criticized For ‘Disrespect’ When Meeting Kids Who Support Green New Deal | TIME
TIMEPublished on Feb 25, 2019
Sen. Feinstein criticized for “Smugness” and “Disrespect” When meeting kids who support Green New Deal.
Activist Group Uses Kids to Push Green New Deal
Published on Feb 23, 2019
Feinstein’s response is priceless when this activist group tries to use kids to push AOC’s green new deal.
Published on Jan 25, 2017
Noam Chomsky: Intelligence is a lethal mutation
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Published on Feb 22, 2019
Remarks by the Chief Executive Officer of the Global Environment Facility (GEF), Naoko Ishii, following a meeting with FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva.