Impacts from Winter Storm Harper
Winter Storm Harper is bringing snow and ice across a wide area this weekend.
At a Glance
- A significant winter storm will hammer parts of the Midwest and East this weekend.
- Heavy snow and whiteout conditions are possible Saturday in parts of the Midwest.
- The heaviest snow is likely in parts of the Northeast this weekend.
- Ice accumulation and power outages are also concerns.
- Moderate coastal flooding is possible on the Massachusetts coast.
Winter Storm Harper will spread its mess of snow, ice and wind across parts of the Midwest and into Northeast this weekend after already pummelling parts of the West and Plains.
Harper’s heaviest snow, so far, has been in the Sierra Nevada of California. Early Thursday morning, Lone Pine, California, reported 5 inches of snow had fallen in just 2 hours.