Key Experience and Qualifications
- Institutional and risk management: Former President of Harvard University who, among other things, broadened the university’s international reach, promoted collaboration across disciplines and administrative units and helped to oversee the risks related to the university as well as the management of its endowment, all of which provides perspective on operational oversight and risk management of the firm
- Leadership and Governance: Current and prior service on the boards of directors of public and not-for-profit entities provides additional perspective on governance
- Human Capital and Diversity: Well-positioned to provide insight on the firm’s strategies relating to diversity, recruiting and retention
- Harvard University
- Lincoln Professor of History (Jan. 2001 – Present)
- President (Jul. 2007 – June 2018)
- Founding Dean, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study (Jan. 2001 – Jul. 2007)
- University of Pennsylvania (1975 – 2000); various faculty positions including as the Annenberg Professor of History and the Director of the Women’s Studies Program
Other Professional Experience and Community Involvement
- Member, Educational Advisory Board, John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- Member, American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Former Member, Board of Directors, The Broad Institute Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Harvard Management Company Inc.
- Graduate of Bryn Mawr College and the University of Pennsylvania