Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Terra Incognita: 100 Maps to Survive the Next 100 Years: Robert Muggah and Ian Goldin May 8, 2021
- CDC Official Who Sounded Early Alarm On Coronavirus Resigns : Coronavirus Updates : NPR May 8, 2021
- Lagos Inferno: The explosion that rocked Nigeria – BBC Africa Eye documentary May 8, 2021
- Retirement Hell – BBC Africa Eye documentary May 8, 2021
- Trillions of cicadas as loud as lawnmowers emerge in 15 states after 17 years underground May 8, 2021
- 95 years in 95 seconds: David Attenborough turns 95 today. Happy Birthday! 🎂 BBC May 8, 2021
- Self-Reinforcing Feedback Loop #13, Climate-Change Summary, guymcpherson.com May 8, 2021
- G7 and the US Bid to Reassert Hegemony May 8, 2021
- Solar Flare, Big Eruption, Preview the End of the World | S0 News May.8.2021 May 8, 2021
- GLOBALink | Validated by WHO, Sinopharm eyes to become largest Covid-19 vaccine supplier May 8, 2021
- Richard Wright’s Novel About Racist Police Violence Was Rejected in 1941; It Has Just Been Published May 7, 2021
- Ep. 187: It’s Like Herding Americans! How To Defeat COVID This Year (w/ Laurie Garrett) | Rumble – Y ouTube May 7, 2021
- Explore the River: Bull Trout, Tribal People, and the Jocko River: Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes May 7, 2021
- aay u sqélix͏ʷ – a history of bull trout and the Salish and Pend d’Oreille people by Thompson Smith May 7, 2021
- Going Medieval On White Supremacists | 1A May 6, 2021
- MIT X TAU Series: Africa’s Agricultural Reinvention – MIT Events May 6, 2021
- Gro Intelligence – AI company improving decision-making in climate, food, and agriculture May 6, 2021
- MIT X TAU Series May 6, 2021
- A famous locust organization of the past – OCLALAV May 6, 2021
- Balliol Historic Collections: Slavery in the Age of Revolution – trailer May 6, 2021
- The End of American Exceptionalism May 6, 2021
- Starr Forum: Racing to the Precipice: Global Climate, Political Climate May 6, 2021
- Bernie Sanders Launches Blistering Attack on Mitch McConnell in Kentucky May 6, 2021
- ‘Just a glorified blog’: Donald Trump launches new social media platform May 6, 2021
- Tanzanias fight to preserve the coral reefs May 6, 2021
- Trump-Era letter spells it out: Matt Gaetz paid underage girl for sex May 6, 2021
- Board member explains decision to keep Trump off Facebook for now, and why he may be back May 5, 2021
- Trump rips Cheney, McConnell, Pence over 2020 election May 5, 2021
- US storms: Hail, tornadoes and flash floods wreak havoc – BBC News May 5, 2021
- A high school gardening club plans seeds of community May 5, 2021
- Masterclass: Professor Mark Crispin Miller Teaches Election Theft May 5, 2021
- The Voter ID Scam May 5, 2021
- Fighting Election Theft: What You Can Do May 5, 2021
- Cheney’s views on Trump puts her GOP post in peril May 5, 2021
- Can democracy exist in the digital era? – YouTube May 5, 2021
- Former Republican Congressman Is Incredibly Concerned About The Current GOP | MSNBC May 5, 2021
- Greta Thunberg’s Message at the 2019 Right Livelihood Award Presentation May 5, 2021
- LIVE: Climate activist Greta Thunberg testifies to U.S. House May 5, 2021
- ‘People are listening’, Greta meets Sir David – BBC May 5, 2021
- Greta Thunberg: A Year to Change the World | Preview | PBS May 5, 2021
- WATCH LIVE: Greta Thunberg, climate experts testify before House on fossil fuel subsidies May 5, 2021
- The Human and Environmental Cost of Land Business | Rede Social de Justiça e Direitos Humanos May 5, 2021
- “Exterminate All the Brutes”: Filmmaker Raoul Peck Explores Colonialism & Origins of White Supremacy May 5, 2021
- Filipino Activist Walden Bello: Global Vaccine Disparity Shows “Irrationality of Global Capitalism ” May 5, 2021
- “Millions of Lives Are at Stake”: Pressure Grows on Biden to Back WTO Waiver on Vaccine Tech nology May 5, 2021
- Climate Science Destroyed In 8 Minutes May 5, 2021
- Full Interview: Edward Snowden On Trump, Privacy, And Threats To Democracy | The 11th Hour | MSNBC May 5, 2021
- The Creation of Inequality: How Our Prehistoric Ancestors Set the Stage for Monarchy, Slavery, and Empire: Joyce Marcus, Kent Flannery May 5, 2021
- Jim Downs : Maladies of Empire: How Colonialism, Slavery and War Transformed Medicine May 5, 2021
- Sick from Freedom: African-American Illness and Suffering during the Civil War and Reconstruction: Jim Downs May 5, 2021
Daily Archives: November 4, 2018
Published on Oct 31, 2018
Official Website: https://to.pbs.org/2SaGGk3 | #SinkingCitiesPBS See how engineers and planners are trying to protect Miami from rising seas and ever-more-frequent and violent storm surges that could destroy the city’s tourist and business economy. Sinking Cities: Miami premieres November 21 at 10/9c.
Lagos, coastal cities threatened by forecast rise in sea level — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper – Nigeria and World News
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) says that Lagos and other coastal cities globally that are less than one meter above sea level could be submerged by 2050 if the seal level continues its rise.
“The projection by scientists in the United Nations (UN) who are the authority in climate change effects, after extensive studies say there is the likelihood of the world’s ocean rising by 1 meter by between 2030 and 2050.
“Hence, any city less than one meter above sea level is under threat and Lagos is part of the many others,’’ Dr Muhtari Aminu-Kanu, Director-General of NCF, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.
Aminu-Kano told NAN that part of the reasons for the ocean encroachments and beach erosions was as a result of the activities around the coastlines.
The director-general said it was not peculiar to Lagos alone but other coastal cities globally would have the same effects of the changes in climate.
“It is a danger caused by climate change and we have got to take it seriously and apply steady and serious measures beyond infrastructure projects to deal with it.
“Sea level rise is another looming danger that could come to threaten the existence of Lagos if we do not treat it with seriousness.
“This is not a problem for Lagos alone to carry, it is a national problem that should involve the Federal Government,’’ he said.
Beware! Dangerously rising sea level could submerge Mumbai in 100 years | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
The city could lose 25.32 sq km — roughly 1,700 Wankhede stadiums (0.0148 sq km) — of its urban sprawl to coastal inundation caused by a 1m sea level rise over the next 100 years, according to a study.
The author also said the protection of mangroves play a significant role in protecting the city.
The ‘Impacts of predicted sea level rise on land use/land cover categories of coastal areas of Mumbai megacity’ study by a research scholar from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) identified urban areas including housing societies, commercial complexes, roads, infrastructure such as flyovers, bridges etc., ports, slum settlements and few open spaces, that could be affected by coastal inundation.
What makes this is a possibility, according to Malay Kumar Pramanik, author of the paper and PhD scholar, JNU, is that the current annual sea level rise is between 2.5 and 3 millimetres (mm).