Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Climate Change Conversations | Yale Alumni Academy October 18, 2021
- Values at Work: Sustainable Investing and ESG Reporting October 18, 2021
- Watch: William Shatner Goes Into Space On Blue Origin Flight October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell dies of Covid-19 complications: family • FRANCE 24 English October 18, 2021
- Moving to Higher Ground: Rising Sea Level and the Path Forward: John Englander, Sir David King October 17, 2021
- High Tide On Main Street: Rising Sea Level and the Coming Coastal Crisis: John Englander October 17, 2021
- Culture Against Man: Jules Henry October 17, 2021
- Woman the Gatherer October 17, 2021
- Man the Hunter: Richard Borshay Lee, Irven DeVore October 17, 2021
- Stone Age Economics (Routledge Classics): Marshall Sahlins, Graeber, David Graeber October 16, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels”: Over 530 Arrested in Historic Indigenous-Led Climate Protests in D.C. October 15, 2021
- The Nation’s John Nichols: Trump’s Coup Nearly Succeeded. He Will Try Again in 2024 October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: How dangerous is it? October 15, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario October 15, 2021
- Mike + The Mechanics – The Living Years (Official Video) October 15, 2021
- Some Notes from Life on the Edge: The Geophysical Fate of the Post-Columbian City (Big “Transitions” in Human History) October 15, 2021
- Heatwaves and drought in Europe | DW Documentary October 15, 2021
- UN claims millions more people are hungry October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: Massive lava flow pushes over the boundary of evacuated area | DW News October 15, 2021
- Mapping update. La Palma volcano eruption (15th Oct) Todos los mapas de la erupción de La Palma, October 15, 2021
- Geofísico explica la erupción volcánica en La Palma (islas Canarias, Españ a) October 15, 2021
- Since Terrible Explosion Begins (Oct 15) La Palma hit by Largest Earthquake & Possible Tsunami October 14, 2021
- Japan’s 400 Kilometre Tsunami Shield October 14, 2021
- Can We Cool the Planet? | NOVA | PBS October 14, 2021
- Will the Cascadia Earthquake be the Worst Disaster North America’s Ever Seen? | Weathered October 14, 2021
- The Pacific Northwest is due for a Major Earthquake October 13, 2021
- Residents’ Panic Increases (Oct 14) La Palma Volcano Eruption continues with high effusion rates October 13, 2021
- 5 Natural Disasters Waiting To Happen October 13, 2021
- General Stanley McChrystal Sees Parallels Between Jan. 6 and Nazi Germany | Amanpour and Company October 13, 2021
- This Modern FARMING INNOVATION In China Shocks The World October 13, 2021
- World Food Day 2021 – António Guterres (UN Secretary-General) October 13, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels’’: Winona LaDuke & Mass Protests Call on Biden to Stop Line 3 Pipeline October 13, 2021
- Katrina vanden Heuvel on Nobel Peace Prize Winner Dmitry Muratov’s Fight for Press Freedom in Russia October 13, 2021
- What are the major climate action priorities from the IMF? October 13, 2021
- Will These New Fossil Fuel Projects Make Climate Emergency Unwinnable? (w/John Beard, Jr. ) October 13, 2021
- American Indian tribes: ‘climate change is real’ October 13, 2021
- CBC News: The National | U.S. border reopening, Iqaluit water, Shatner in space October 13, 2021
- Border Incident October 13, 2021
- Abrupt Climate System Disruption Recap: Extreme Weather Around the Planet October 13, 2021
- This Week on #JUSTSOLUTIONS: PPL vs Fossil Fuels with Sharon Lavigne October 13, 2021
- People Vs Fossil Fuels October 13, 2021
- Meet the Democrats Keeping Your Drug Prices High October 13, 2021
- The Yale 5-Year B.A. Program October 13, 2021
- Possible Tsunami (Oct 13) La Palma volcano lava effusion rates, new lava arm at the sea October 12, 2021
- La Palma Volcano Eruption Update; Acidic Danger, New Lava Flows October 12, 2021
- This is what the volcano on La Palma looked like before the eruption – La Palma – Canary Islands October 12, 2021
- Crater COLLAPSES on ‘Aggressive’ Volcano October 12, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide October 12, 2021
- The Future Tsunami That Could Destroy the US East Coast October 12, 2021
- Climate change: Where we are in seven charts and what you can do to help – BBC News October 12, 2021
Daily Archives: November 4, 2018
Published on Oct 31, 2018
Official Website: https://to.pbs.org/2SaGGk3 | #SinkingCitiesPBS See how engineers and planners are trying to protect Miami from rising seas and ever-more-frequent and violent storm surges that could destroy the city’s tourist and business economy. Sinking Cities: Miami premieres November 21 at 10/9c.
Lagos, coastal cities threatened by forecast rise in sea level — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper – Nigeria and World News
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) says that Lagos and other coastal cities globally that are less than one meter above sea level could be submerged by 2050 if the seal level continues its rise.
“The projection by scientists in the United Nations (UN) who are the authority in climate change effects, after extensive studies say there is the likelihood of the world’s ocean rising by 1 meter by between 2030 and 2050.
“Hence, any city less than one meter above sea level is under threat and Lagos is part of the many others,’’ Dr Muhtari Aminu-Kanu, Director-General of NCF, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.
Aminu-Kano told NAN that part of the reasons for the ocean encroachments and beach erosions was as a result of the activities around the coastlines.
The director-general said it was not peculiar to Lagos alone but other coastal cities globally would have the same effects of the changes in climate.
“It is a danger caused by climate change and we have got to take it seriously and apply steady and serious measures beyond infrastructure projects to deal with it.
“Sea level rise is another looming danger that could come to threaten the existence of Lagos if we do not treat it with seriousness.
“This is not a problem for Lagos alone to carry, it is a national problem that should involve the Federal Government,’’ he said.
Beware! Dangerously rising sea level could submerge Mumbai in 100 years | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
The city could lose 25.32 sq km — roughly 1,700 Wankhede stadiums (0.0148 sq km) — of its urban sprawl to coastal inundation caused by a 1m sea level rise over the next 100 years, according to a study.
The author also said the protection of mangroves play a significant role in protecting the city.
The ‘Impacts of predicted sea level rise on land use/land cover categories of coastal areas of Mumbai megacity’ study by a research scholar from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) identified urban areas including housing societies, commercial complexes, roads, infrastructure such as flyovers, bridges etc., ports, slum settlements and few open spaces, that could be affected by coastal inundation.
What makes this is a possibility, according to Malay Kumar Pramanik, author of the paper and PhD scholar, JNU, is that the current annual sea level rise is between 2.5 and 3 millimetres (mm).