Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- U.S. & World Mark Record Number of New COVID-19 Cases,Jul 13, 2020 July 13, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — July 13, 2020 July 13, 2020
- U.S. Response to COVID-19 Among ‘Worst in the World’ | NowThis July 13, 2020
- President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims | Fact Checker July 13, 2020
- Discuss the New Coronavirus Response Solution July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Maps, Solutions & Resources – ESRI July 13, 2020
- Washington NFL Team To Retire Its Name Today | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus: no return to normal ‘for the foreseeable future’, says WHO July 13, 2020
- Prof Chris Dye & Prof David Heymann: Preventing and controlling pandemics: from SARS to COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Disease surge out of control in some US states July 13, 2020
- Release of updated COVID-19 Global Humanitarian Response Plan (7 May 2020) July 13, 2020
- Launch of the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI) July 13, 2020
- Republican Ad Shreds Trump Supporters’ Use Of Confederate Flag July 13, 2020
- Republican Voters Against Trump Ad Uses Reagan’s Words | NowThis July 13, 2020
- One Day July 13, 2020
- Houston Doctor Says Coronavirus Situation Is ‘Dire’ | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- World Health Organization Holds Coronavirus Briefing | LIVE | NowThis July 13, 2020
- WATCH LIVE: The World Health Organization holds news conference on novel coronavirus July 13, 2020
- An Introduction to Some Resources to Track and Examine the Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic in Africa | EV&N 352 | CCTV July 13, 2020
- Trump’s Attempted Campaign Reboot Hits Another Snag | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- Why scientists are so worried about this glacier July 13, 2020
- XR America & Chris Hedges: The Moral Imperative to Rebel July 13, 2020
- Chris Hedges: Seeing Through Faux-Solidarity Performance Stunts Of Police Politicians & Corporations July 13, 2020
- Let’s not beat about the bush: Climate, Globalisation, and the State | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Trump Cancels Rally Over Fear Of Tropical Storm Fay | NowThis July 13, 2020
- WE WANT TO LIVE | UK REBELLION | 1st September 2020 | Extinction Rebellion July 13, 2020
- The Language of Protest | Open University | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Clare Farrell | No Fashion on a Dead Planet | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Rift between Trump and Dr. Fauci goes back to April July 13, 2020
- As Virus Surges, WH Seeks To Discredit Dr. Fauci | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- White House Works To Discredit Dr. Fauci As Coronavirus Surges in U.S. | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- A journey through 30 years supporting the struggle for food sovereignty July 13, 2020
- GRAINvideo – YouTube July 13, 2020
- BBC World Service – The Documentary, Summer with Greta July 13, 2020
- Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come July 13, 2020
- A year after outbreak, Ebola has killed hundreds in the DRC | PBS NewsHour Weekend July 13, 2020
- Reparations and the Wealth Gap – Open Source with Christopher Lydon July 13, 2020
- Investigating how the COVID-19 virus jumped from animals to humans July 12, 2020
- Wolff Responds: When Systems Implodes July 12, 2020
- Health Officials Confirm Trump’s Tulsa Rally Contributed To Spike In Covid 19 Cases July 12, 2020
- Karan Menon Explains Voter Suppression in Less Than 1 Minute | NowThis July 12, 2020
- The ivory trade – exploiting elephants and mammoths | DW Documentary July 12, 2020
- Wolff Responds: Unsafe Schools, Another System Failure July 12, 2020
- Chicago World’s Fair 1893 photographs Souvenir book portfolio profusely illustrated July 12, 2020
- China’s largest freshwater lake sees record water rise July 12, 2020
- New climate predictions assess global temperatures in coming five years – English – July 2020 July 12, 2020
- New climate predictions assess global temperatures in coming five years | World Meteorological Organization July 12, 2020
- Climate change: Global temperatures could exceed crucial 1.5 C target in the next five years – CNN July 12, 2020
- Cyprus is witness to global warming – Financial Mirror July 11, 2020
- Coronavirus: A Weekly Report from NPR News | WAMU July 11, 2020
Daily Archives: November 4, 2018
Published on Oct 31, 2018
Official Website: https://to.pbs.org/2SaGGk3 | #SinkingCitiesPBS See how engineers and planners are trying to protect Miami from rising seas and ever-more-frequent and violent storm surges that could destroy the city’s tourist and business economy. Sinking Cities: Miami premieres November 21 at 10/9c.
Lagos, coastal cities threatened by forecast rise in sea level — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper – Nigeria and World News
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) says that Lagos and other coastal cities globally that are less than one meter above sea level could be submerged by 2050 if the seal level continues its rise.
“The projection by scientists in the United Nations (UN) who are the authority in climate change effects, after extensive studies say there is the likelihood of the world’s ocean rising by 1 meter by between 2030 and 2050.
“Hence, any city less than one meter above sea level is under threat and Lagos is part of the many others,’’ Dr Muhtari Aminu-Kanu, Director-General of NCF, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.
Aminu-Kano told NAN that part of the reasons for the ocean encroachments and beach erosions was as a result of the activities around the coastlines.
The director-general said it was not peculiar to Lagos alone but other coastal cities globally would have the same effects of the changes in climate.
“It is a danger caused by climate change and we have got to take it seriously and apply steady and serious measures beyond infrastructure projects to deal with it.
“Sea level rise is another looming danger that could come to threaten the existence of Lagos if we do not treat it with seriousness.
“This is not a problem for Lagos alone to carry, it is a national problem that should involve the Federal Government,’’ he said.
Beware! Dangerously rising sea level could submerge Mumbai in 100 years | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
The city could lose 25.32 sq km — roughly 1,700 Wankhede stadiums (0.0148 sq km) — of its urban sprawl to coastal inundation caused by a 1m sea level rise over the next 100 years, according to a study.
The author also said the protection of mangroves play a significant role in protecting the city.
The ‘Impacts of predicted sea level rise on land use/land cover categories of coastal areas of Mumbai megacity’ study by a research scholar from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) identified urban areas including housing societies, commercial complexes, roads, infrastructure such as flyovers, bridges etc., ports, slum settlements and few open spaces, that could be affected by coastal inundation.
What makes this is a possibility, according to Malay Kumar Pramanik, author of the paper and PhD scholar, JNU, is that the current annual sea level rise is between 2.5 and 3 millimetres (mm).