Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Former Neo-Nazi: President Trump May Be Complicit in Growing Threat of White Supremacy March 18, 2019
- A Global Strike for Climate Change: 1.4 Million Students Walk Out of Class Demanding Action March 18, 2019
- Students Take to Streets for International “Youth Climate Strike” March 18, 2019
- Teen activist on climate change: If we don’t do anything right now, we’re screwed March 18, 2019
- State-Sponsored Islamophobia & Trump’s Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric Embolden Right-Wing Terrori sts March 18, 2019
- US and Saudi Arabia blocking regulation of geoengineering, sources say | Environment | The Guardian March 18, 2019
- Richard Alley – Abrupt Climate Change March 18, 2019
- This week….The President and Billionaires Fight to Destroy Science and Veto the Future | EV & N – 307 | CCTV March 17, 2019
- Students across the globe to skip school for climate change strike March 17, 2019
- Trump’s budget cuts climate science research March 17, 2019
- White House reveals President Trump’s $4.7 trillion budget proposal March 17, 2019
- How the Trump administration is giving industry more voice in shaping science March 17, 2019
- Activist Greta Thunberg arrives for Sweden climate march March 17, 2019
- An Inconvenient Truth March 17, 2019
- Teenage Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Has Been Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize March 17, 2019
- The Swedish Schoolgirl That Took Davos To Task On Climate Change March 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg to EU’s Juncker: “We started to clean up your mess, stop sweeping mess under carpet” March 17, 2019
- ‘I want you to panic’: 16-year-old issues climate warning at Davos March 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg to politicians: ‘We’re fighting for everyone’s future’ March 17, 2019
- 16-Year-Old Greta Thunberg’s Inspiring Fight Against Climate Change | Good Morning Britain March 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg – Our Political Leaders have Failed Us March 17, 2019
- Climate activist Greta Thunberg: “I hope Angela Merkel doesn’t think we are Russian spies” March 17, 2019
- Anand Giridharadas On The Absurdity Of Billionaires March 17, 2019
- Anand Giridharadas: “Woke capitalism” is about deflecting criticism, not benefitin g communities March 17, 2019
- Trump Budget Shortchanges Sustainable Agriculture | NRDC March 16, 2019
- Dual religions: how Afro-Brazilians maintain their spiritual roots March 16, 2019
- Harrison Ford calls climate change the ‘great moral crisis of our time’ March 16, 2019
- Amsterdam’s First National Climate Change March Draws 40,000 People | TIME March 16, 2019
- Meet the GOP congressman trying to “redefine the narrative” on climate change March 16, 2019
- “Language, Creativity, and the Limits of Understanding” by Professor Noam Chomsky (4-21-16) March 16, 2019
- Silent Killer – Nuclear technology in the Middle East March 16, 2019
- Documentary: Who Rules America 3 March 16, 2019
- Anand Giridharadas: College scam offers “phenomenal glimpse” into world of the super rich March 16, 2019
- Anand Giridharadas: “Woke capitalism” is about deflecting criticism, not benefiting communit ies March 16, 2019
- Greenland: The Land Of Ice Embracing Climate Change | Foreign Correspondent March 16, 2019
- Attorney John Bonifaz makes the case for impeaching Trump March 16, 2019
- Earth at 2° hotter will be horrific. Now here’s what 4° will look like. | David Wallac e-Wells March 16, 2019
- Propaganda Terms in the Media and What They Mean – Noam Chomsky March 16, 2019
- Islamophobia has become a mainstream form of racism, says expert Farid Hafez March 16, 2019
- “This Country Needs to Get Its Priorities Straight”: Voices From NYC School Strike For Clima te March 16, 2019
- The Age of Stupid revisited: what’s changed on climate change? March 16, 2019
- Chris Hedges: The Absurdity of American Empire | #GRITtv March 16, 2019
- Chris Hedges: The American Empire Is Dead – How Corporations & Finance Have Ruined the U.S. (2009) March 16, 2019
- Wages of Rebellion, Chris Hedges full lecture March 16, 2019
- Chris Hedges on New Atheism, the God Debate, Science and Religion, and Self-Delusion (2008) March 16, 2019
- Constructing Rebellion, The Overthrow of Corporate Tyrrany – Chris Hedges March 16, 2019
- Hundreds in hospital after inhaling toxic chemical vapors March 16, 2019
- College Scam: Anand & Meghan McCain Unmask Inherited Privilege In Distinct Ways March 16, 2019
- Is It Extreme Or Neurotic To Be Concerned About Chemicals And Cell Phone Radiation? March 16, 2019
- Celebrity parents and the bizarre ‘cheating’ scandal – BBC News March 16, 2019
Daily Archives: November 4, 2018
Published on Oct 31, 2018
Official Website: https://to.pbs.org/2SaGGk3 | #SinkingCitiesPBS See how engineers and planners are trying to protect Miami from rising seas and ever-more-frequent and violent storm surges that could destroy the city’s tourist and business economy. Sinking Cities: Miami premieres November 21 at 10/9c.
Lagos, coastal cities threatened by forecast rise in sea level — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria Newspaper – Nigeria and World News
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) says that Lagos and other coastal cities globally that are less than one meter above sea level could be submerged by 2050 if the seal level continues its rise.
“The projection by scientists in the United Nations (UN) who are the authority in climate change effects, after extensive studies say there is the likelihood of the world’s ocean rising by 1 meter by between 2030 and 2050.
“Hence, any city less than one meter above sea level is under threat and Lagos is part of the many others,’’ Dr Muhtari Aminu-Kanu, Director-General of NCF, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.
Aminu-Kano told NAN that part of the reasons for the ocean encroachments and beach erosions was as a result of the activities around the coastlines.
The director-general said it was not peculiar to Lagos alone but other coastal cities globally would have the same effects of the changes in climate.
“It is a danger caused by climate change and we have got to take it seriously and apply steady and serious measures beyond infrastructure projects to deal with it.
“Sea level rise is another looming danger that could come to threaten the existence of Lagos if we do not treat it with seriousness.
“This is not a problem for Lagos alone to carry, it is a national problem that should involve the Federal Government,’’ he said.
Beware! Dangerously rising sea level could submerge Mumbai in 100 years | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
The city could lose 25.32 sq km — roughly 1,700 Wankhede stadiums (0.0148 sq km) — of its urban sprawl to coastal inundation caused by a 1m sea level rise over the next 100 years, according to a study.
The author also said the protection of mangroves play a significant role in protecting the city.
The ‘Impacts of predicted sea level rise on land use/land cover categories of coastal areas of Mumbai megacity’ study by a research scholar from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) identified urban areas including housing societies, commercial complexes, roads, infrastructure such as flyovers, bridges etc., ports, slum settlements and few open spaces, that could be affected by coastal inundation.
What makes this is a possibility, according to Malay Kumar Pramanik, author of the paper and PhD scholar, JNU, is that the current annual sea level rise is between 2.5 and 3 millimetres (mm).