Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- 1831 Proposal for a Black College in New Haven with Michael Morand: Mondays at Beinecke 9/13/21 September 27, 2021
- Gina’s Journey: The Search for William Grimes September 27, 2021
- Haitian Revolution September 26, 2021
- Looking Back: Farmers’ Agitation Thus Far September 26, 2021
- Solar Wind Watch, Cascadia, Jets, The Core, Mars | S0 News Sep.26.2021 September 26, 2021
- Tsunami visualization September 25, 2021
- MEGATSUNAMI Full Documentary September 25, 2021
- Will climate change cause earthquakes? September 25, 2021
- Waking the Giant: How a changing climate triggers earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes: Bill McGuire September 25, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario September 25, 2021
- Magma is Moving Underneath La Palma / Cumbre Vieja; Canary Islands Volcano September 25, 2021
- Video Shows Lava Erupting from La Palma Volcano September 25, 2021
- Emergency team monitors La Palma lava destruction September 25, 2021
- Cystic fibrosis drug: ‘I feel I’ve been given a second chance at life’ – BBC News September 25, 2021
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis on rise in Northern Ireland – BBC News September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Is this Germany’s climate election? September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Climate change and the German election September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, UK Prime Minister: Humanity is reaching a “turning point” on climate change September 25, 2021
- 🇳🇬 Nigeria – President Addresses United Nations General Debate, 76th Session (English) | #UNGA September 24, 2021
- House Democrats Are Scared to Tax Billionaires – That’s a Costly Mistake September 24, 2021
- These are the asteroids to worry about September 24, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide September 24, 2021
- Naked Science – Landslides September 24, 2021
- Massive Crater Discovered Under Greenland Ice September 24, 2021
- Arctic Sea Ice 2021 – NASA September 24, 2021
- Climates, Landscapes, and Civilizations: Giosan, Liviu, Fuller, Dorian Q., Nicoll, Kathleen, Flad, Rowan K., Clift, Peter D. September 23, 2021
- Palaeoepidemiology September 23, 2021
- Mediterranean Voyages: The Archaeology of Island Colonisation and Abandonment (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications): Helen Dawson September 23, 2021
- Archaeology of African Plant Use (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications) 1, Stevens, Chris J, Nixon, Sam, Murray, Mary Anne, Fuller, Dorian Q. September 23, 2021
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications (67 books) Kindle Edition September 23, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, A month away from UN Climate Summit September 23, 2021
- The Making of the Middle Sea: A History of the Mediterranean from the Beginning to the Emergence of the Classical World: Cyprian Broodbank September 23, 2021
- John William Ward: An American Idealist: Kim Townsend September 23, 2021
- June 2015: John William Ward: An American Idealist By Kim Townsend | 2015 Features | Amherst College September 23, 2021
- The Agrarian Studies Program at Yale University: An Oral History September 21, 2021
- Bill Gates on vaccine equity, boosters, climate, his foundation and Epstein meetings September 21, 2021
- La Palma volcano engulfs village minutes after residents flee their homes – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Big Pharma – How much power do drug companies have? | DW Documentary September 21, 2021
- Children are facing a nutrition crisis | UNICEF September 21, 2021
- Climate Status: Dire and Worsening: According to BAMS Report September 21, 2021
- Stephen H. Grant – Biography of Peter Strickland September 21, 2021
- IPCC WGI Interactive Atlas September 21, 2021
- Climate change IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’, UN scientists say – BBC News September 21, 2021
- The latest IPCC report explained in 7.5 minutes September 21, 2021
- IPCC – Sixth Assessment Report – AR6 – Working Group I September 21, 2021
- Climate change: IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’ – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate change: UN warning over nations’ climate plans – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate reporting reaches melting point – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Canary Islands volcano: Hundreds more evacuated as La Palma lava nears sea – BBC News September 21, 2021
- COVID-19 death toll in US surpasses 1918 pandemic deaths; experts say it didn ’t have to happen – The Boston Globe September 21, 2021
Daily Archives: July 25, 2018
with Peter Sinclair
BBC Climate Coverage, Then and Now
July 25, 2018
Leo Hickman tweets a comparison between BBC climate coverage in 2018, and 2008.
A number of Brits, including skeptics, have made the connection between this summer’s extreme heat, and the severe heatwave of 1976.
The Guardian published a comparative global temp graph, showing the marked difference, globally, between then and now.
Published on Jul 25, 2018
What is going on with the weather? Subscribe to our channel here: https://goo.gl/31Q53F Here we break down the change in temperature globally over the years.
Since 2013, Mr. Sinclair has been Media Director of The Dark Snow Project, an ongoing science communication effort that focuses on clarifying and communicating the emerging story of melting ice in Greenland and its impact on global weather and sea level rise. Mr. Sinclair has traveled three times to the Greenland ice sheet with scientific teams to document ongoing research in this area, and interviewed hundreds of today’s best known glaciologists, oceanographers, geologists, and atmospheric scientists.
A frequent speaker, Mr. Sinclair has brought his rich multi-media presention to schools, colleges, universities and community groups throughout Michigan and around the world – including the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the University of Reykjavik, and invited presentations for scientists at American Geophysical Union gatherings in San Francisco and Colorado. He has been called “The sharpest climate denial debunker on YouTube” and “The most important videographer on the planet.” A life long Michigan resident, Mr. Sinclair resides in Midland with his wife Sandra Collinson, an educator. He has two children.
DescriptionThis YouTube channel complements our website, YaleClimateConnections.org (YCC), an independent, nonpartisan, multimedia climate news and information service that provides original reporting, commentary, and analysis on climate change, one of the greatest challenges and stories of our time. Beginning in August 2014, YCC began producing 90-second radio broadcasts that aim to help citizens and institutions understand how climate change is already impacting our lives and what diverse people and organizations are doing today to reduce the risks. Visit our website to learn more. Our featured channel — 30onClimate — was launched in December 2013 as a complement to this channel. Comments Policy: Opinions expressed by subscribers and nonsubscribers to our Youtube channel do not reflect the opinions of Yale Climate Connections. Public comments are monitored by YCC, which reserves the right to remove/delete any comments that are abusive, discriminatory, vulgar, and/or threatening in nature,
Published on Jun 20, 2018
James Hansen is known as the “Father of Global Warming”, chiefly because of his 1988 testimony before the U.S. Senate, in which he announced that “… the greenhouse effect has been detected, and is changing our climate now.” 30 years later, Peter Sinclair asked senior climate scientists how those predictions have held up.
Published on Apr 8, 2008
Nigel Lawson and Chris Rapley discuss global warming on Newsnight, following Lawson’s new book.
Published on Jul 25, 2018
What is going on with the weather? Here we break down the change in temperature globally over the years. Newsnight is the BBC’s flagship news and current affairs TV programme – with analysis, debate, exclusives, and robust interviews.