Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Will Modern Civilization be the Death of Us? (Part 2 — with Ruben Nelson) July 5, 2020
- Will Modern Civilization be the Death of Us? (Part 1 — with Dr. William Rees) July 5, 2020
- Former Secretary of Defense William Cohen on the Election | Amanpour and Company July 5, 2020
- Are We on the Brink of Revolutionary Environmental Change? | Amanpour and Company July 5, 2020
- A New Unauthorized Biography on Melania Trump | Amanpour and Company July 5, 2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic’s Impact on Climate and Humanity | NowThis July 5, 2020
- Paul Robeson Speaks! 1958 KPFA Radio Interview July 5, 2020
- To sell or not to sell? | Nigeria protests Christie’s auction of looted sculptures July 5, 2020
- Republicans Prepare To Tank The Economy Because They Think Workers Are Lazy July 5, 2020
- Obama Blasts Trump Admin for Denying COVID-19 Reality | NowThis July 5, 2020
- Southern Florida Has Broken 120+ Heat Records In 2020 Alone | NowThis July 5, 2020
- Historic July 5, 2020
- Trump’s campaign strategy to focus on statues, ‘traditional American values’ July 5, 2020
- Experts focus on ‘superspreaders’ to study virus transmissions July 5, 2020
- Angela Davis on Abolition, Calls to Defund Police, Toppled Racist Statues & Voting in 2020 Election July 5, 2020
- Trump Retweets Video of Supporter Shouting ‘White Power’ | NowThis July 5, 2020
- Public show of support for NHS on 72nd anniversary – BBC News July 5, 2020
- Fourth of July weekend marred by COVID-19 in Southern California as coronavirus cases surge July 5, 2020
- Breaking new ground | Baltimore protesters topple Columbus statue July 5, 2020
- US Celebrates Independence Day as Coronavirus Spreads July 5, 2020
- Paul Robeson: On colonialism, African-American rights (Spotlight, ABC,1960) July 5, 2020
- Testimony of Paul Robeson before the House Committee on Un-American Activities, June 12, 1956 July 5, 2020
- Nina Simone: Strange Fruit July 5, 2020
- Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On July 5, 2020
- Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come (Official Lyric Video) July 5, 2020
- BBC World Service – Newshour, President Trump attacks ‘radical left’ in 4th July speech July 5, 2020
- What is Man – Prologue to Half-Earth: A Planet’s Fight for Life (full) July 5, 2020
- Demonstrators gather at the Malcolm X Park in Washington D.C. to protest July 5, 2020
- Self Education and the Dropout Stigma | Andrew Morris | TEDxYouth@ColumbiaSC July 5, 2020
- College Is(n’t) for Everyone | Gabriel Fotsing | TEDxMemphis July 5, 2020
- Higher Ed’s not in the business you think it is | Glenn Platt | TEDxMi amiUniversity July 5, 2020
- Higher education is not about getting a job | Fred D’Agostino | TEDxUQ July 5, 2020
- Re-thinking college: Alec Macmillen at TEDxMiddlebury July 5, 2020
- Rethinking Access and Success in Higher Education | Timothy Renick | TEDxGeorgiaStateU July 5, 2020
- One Trillion Dollars, Student Debt and Higher Education: Greg Gottesman at TEDxSeattle July 5, 2020
- Is College Worth It? Re-Imagining Higher Education | Janine Davidson | TEDxMSUDenver July 5, 2020
- What do we really mean when we say college isn’t for everyone? | Alex Bernadotte | TEDxBYU July 5, 2020
- Dad, why should I go to college? | Abel Sanchez | TEDxNatick July 5, 2020
- The Future of Higher Education | Kevin Manning | TEDxBaltimore July 5, 2020
- Designing a university for the new millennium: David Helfand at TEDxWestVancouverED July 5, 2020
- Blending technology and classroom learning: Jessie Woolley-Wilson at TEDxRainier July 5, 2020
- A different way to think about technology in education: Greg Toppo at TEDxAshburn July 5, 2020
- Elon Musk will take us to Mars – will it be home? | Reinier Zeldenrust | TEDxL ondonBusinessSchool July 5, 2020
- The Exploration and Colonization of Mars: Why Mars? Why Humans? | Dr. Joel Levine | TEDxRVA July 5, 2020
- A.I. will never replace human teachers | Soufiane Amzur | TEDxUCLouvain July 5, 2020
- The Missing Century of Black History in the Americas: Jane Landers at TEDxNashville July 5, 2020
- Should technology replace teachers? | William Zhou | TEDxKitchenerED July 5, 2020
- Why Technology Can’t Fix Education | Mary Jo Madda | TEDxChicago July 5, 2020
- Flipping the classroom — my journey to the other side: Jenn Williams at TEDxRockyViewSchoolsED July 5, 2020
- Click here– blended learning and the future of education: Monique Markoff at TEDxIthacaCollege July 5, 2020
Daily Archives: July 25, 2018
with Peter Sinclair
BBC Climate Coverage, Then and Now
July 25, 2018
Leo Hickman tweets a comparison between BBC climate coverage in 2018, and 2008.
A number of Brits, including skeptics, have made the connection between this summer’s extreme heat, and the severe heatwave of 1976.
The Guardian published a comparative global temp graph, showing the marked difference, globally, between then and now.
Published on Jul 25, 2018
What is going on with the weather? Subscribe to our channel here: https://goo.gl/31Q53F Here we break down the change in temperature globally over the years.
Since 2013, Mr. Sinclair has been Media Director of The Dark Snow Project, an ongoing science communication effort that focuses on clarifying and communicating the emerging story of melting ice in Greenland and its impact on global weather and sea level rise. Mr. Sinclair has traveled three times to the Greenland ice sheet with scientific teams to document ongoing research in this area, and interviewed hundreds of today’s best known glaciologists, oceanographers, geologists, and atmospheric scientists.
A frequent speaker, Mr. Sinclair has brought his rich multi-media presention to schools, colleges, universities and community groups throughout Michigan and around the world – including the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the University of Reykjavik, and invited presentations for scientists at American Geophysical Union gatherings in San Francisco and Colorado. He has been called “The sharpest climate denial debunker on YouTube” and “The most important videographer on the planet.” A life long Michigan resident, Mr. Sinclair resides in Midland with his wife Sandra Collinson, an educator. He has two children.
DescriptionThis YouTube channel complements our website, YaleClimateConnections.org (YCC), an independent, nonpartisan, multimedia climate news and information service that provides original reporting, commentary, and analysis on climate change, one of the greatest challenges and stories of our time. Beginning in August 2014, YCC began producing 90-second radio broadcasts that aim to help citizens and institutions understand how climate change is already impacting our lives and what diverse people and organizations are doing today to reduce the risks. Visit our website to learn more. Our featured channel — 30onClimate — was launched in December 2013 as a complement to this channel. Comments Policy: Opinions expressed by subscribers and nonsubscribers to our Youtube channel do not reflect the opinions of Yale Climate Connections. Public comments are monitored by YCC, which reserves the right to remove/delete any comments that are abusive, discriminatory, vulgar, and/or threatening in nature,
Published on Jun 20, 2018
James Hansen is known as the “Father of Global Warming”, chiefly because of his 1988 testimony before the U.S. Senate, in which he announced that “… the greenhouse effect has been detected, and is changing our climate now.” 30 years later, Peter Sinclair asked senior climate scientists how those predictions have held up.
Published on Apr 8, 2008
Nigel Lawson and Chris Rapley discuss global warming on Newsnight, following Lawson’s new book.
Published on Jul 25, 2018
What is going on with the weather? Here we break down the change in temperature globally over the years. Newsnight is the BBC’s flagship news and current affairs TV programme – with analysis, debate, exclusives, and robust interviews.