Published on Apr 19, 2018
The rise of Mongol Empire
1187 – Temujin were at war with Jamukha, his blood brother over the supremacy of Mongolian tribes.
1204 – Temujian pursued & defeated Jamukha.He then executed him.
1206 – Temujin was proclaimed Genghis Khan, the Great Khan.
1207 – Mongol conquest of Kyrgyz, Oirat, and Buryat.
1210 – Western Xia was conquered by the Mongols. Emperor Xiangzong of Tangut Empire (northwest China) submits to the Mongol Empire.
Mongol attack on Great Wall of China, Poor condition and threat made many Manchu Jin soldiers guarding the wall defected.
1215 – Mongolian army ransacked Zhongdu (Beijing) capital of Manchu Jin Empire (Northeast China).
Mongolian forces learns siege warfare from captured chinese engineers.
The Jin empire’s court retreated to southern capital,Kaifeng.
1216 – Mongolian army seize Kashgar from Kara khitai (Chatay) Empire.
1218 – Mongol forces battling Turkic Khwarezmian Empire in Persia over the assassination of Mongol emissaries.
1219 – Mongolian forces ransacked Samarkand, Bukhara, Otrar, Massacring mercilessly its inhabitant.
Kingdom of Goryeo (Korea) submitted to the Mongols.
1221 – Khwarezmian capital city, Ürgenç fell to the mongols and destroyed.
Jalal Ad-Din assume the title Shah of Kharezmi after his fater died and defeating mongolian contingent in Hindu Kush Mountain (Battle of Parwan)
1222 – Mongols forces under Subutai defeated forces of Kingdom of Georgia (Battle of Caucasus Mountain). Georgians then submitted to the Mongols.
1223 – Mongol forces under Subutai and Jebe defeated coalition of Rus principality in Battle of the Kalka River.
1227 – Qara Kithai (Cathay) conquered by the Mongols. Emperor Mozhu of Qara Kithai surrenders.
1229 – Genghis Khan died, replaced by his son Ögedei Khan
1232 – Azerbaijan conquered by Mongols.
1233 – Mongolian army caputred Kaifeng, Manchu Jin Empire fall to the Mongols.
1236 – Mongol forces conquered Volga Bulgars.
1237 – Mongolian forces under Subutai and Batu conquer Kievan Rus’ principality.
1238 – Burundai defeted Vladimir-Suzdal principality (Battle of the Sit River).
1240 – Mongol forces invade Tibetan Empire.
1241 – Mongol forces under Subutai and Boroldai defeat combined army of Templar, Hungary and Croatia.
Ögedei Khan dies.
1242 – Mongol forces under Batu Khan invade Bulgaria & Serbia, ransacking frontiers of Byzantine Empire.
1243 – Seljuk Turks fought mongol incursion, but lost in the Battle (Battle of Köse Dag). Seljuk became mongol vassals.
1246 – Güyük Khan elected as the Head of Mongol Empire.
1251 – Möngke Khan elected as the Head of Mongol Empire.
1256 – Alamut, headquartes of Asasiyun (Assassins) conquered by the mongols.
1258 – Hulagu Khan besieging Baghdad. Its inhabitant and Caliph Al-Musta’sim were killed by the Mongols. The great library of baghdad were destroyed.
Hulagu created ilkhanate domain in Persia.
1259 – Mongol forces under boroldai invades poland. and sacking Sandomierz.
Möngke Khan died during campaign against Han Song Empire.
1260 – Mamluks Sultanate repel mongol invasion under Kitbuga towards Palestine (Battle of Ayn Jalut).
Kublai Khan in China was elected as head of Mongol Empire, but western mongol disagree with it. Unified mongol empire was breaking apart.
Ariq Böke in Mongolia proclaims himself great khan of the Mongol Empire.
Sandomierz in Poland was sacked by Mongols.
1263 – Berke of Golden Horde (Russia) defeated Hulagu of Ilkhanate (Persia) in Terek River.
1264 – Kublai Khan defeats Ariq Böke. Solidify his control of Eastern Mongol Empire.
1265 – Mongol Golden Horde invaded Thrace, Byzantine army under Michael VIII Palaiologos was defeated. Byzantine sued for peace with Mongol Goldedn Horde.
1266 – Kublai Khan build his capital Khanbaliks/Daidu (Beijing)
1269 – Rebellion in Goryeo (Korea) supressed by the Mongols.
1271 – Kublai Khan declared Mongol in China as Yuan Empire.
1273 – Xiangyang, the strongest fortress of the Song dynasty (Southern China), had fallen to Mongol Yuan Empire.Song Dynasty collapsed.
1275 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Japan. but their fleet was annihilated by Typhoon.
1282 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Kingddom of Champa (Southern Vietnam), but were bogged down in guerilla warfare.
1283 – Mongol Yuan Empire conquered Pagan Kingdom (Myanmar) and Pagan became Mongol vassal.
1285 – Mongol Golden Horde invade Hungary, succeessfuly ransacking Transylvania but defeated in Carphatian Mountains.
1288 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade 3rd time Kingdom of Đại Việt (Northern Vietnam), capturing the capital but sucessfuly repelled by Vietnamese forces (Battle of Bạch Đằng). Later kingdom of Annam accept Mongol Yuan Suzeranity.
1292 – Mongol Chagatai Khanate of Central Asia invade India, but was beaten by Delhi Sultanate.
1293 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Island of Java, sacked City of Kadiri but were beaten by Majapahit forces. Mongol Yuan return to China.
Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- White House Chief of Staff Defends G7 Location [But, then….] Trump Ditches Hosting G7 Summit at his Golf Course October 20, 2019
- ‘I see women being on Mars just as much as men’ October 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg at Edmonton Canada Vote Green Party October 19, 2019
- Temi Ibirogba on the African migrant crisis to Europe and the Americas October 19, 2019
- Consequential week in impeachment inquiry – The Day That Was | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- MPs back Brexit deal delay – BBC News October 19, 2019
- Trump’s Claim Kurds Are Happy: ‘It’s Simply Absurd, Cruel, It Makes H im Stupid’ | Deadline | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- GOP lawmaker on quid pro quo: It’s serious and troubling October 19, 2019
- John Kasich calls for Trump’s impeachment: I say it with great sadness October 19, 2019
- Nancy Pelosi: Trump had a meltdown in meeting October 19, 2019
- The “Doctrine of Discovery” justified indigenous genocide in 1493. Here’s why it must be retracted. October 19, 2019
- Why Most Americans Want To See “Far Left” Policies? October 18, 2019
- Nili Gilbert on sustainable, long-term investing October 18, 2019
- John Kasich on supporting impeachment and the question Trump voters should ask themselves October 18, 2019
- Have Humans Fucked It All Up? | John Seed a Deep Ecology Perspective October 18, 2019
- Jane Fonda returns to civil disobedience for climate change October 18, 2019
- Greta met by supporters, critics in Alberta October 18, 2019
- XR TV 18 October 2019: Closing Ceremony October 18, 2019
- What on Earth Have We Done? | We Need to Act Now! | Extinction Rebellion October 18, 2019
- How impeachment inquiry and Senate trial could unfold October 17, 2019
- Rachel Maddow On Corruption In the Oil And Gas Industry | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- White House confirms aid to Ukraine contingent on 2016 election probe October 17, 2019
- Retired admiral: America is under attack from Trump October 17, 2019
- China a Rising Destination for Higher Education October 17, 2019
- Rep. Adam Smith On Trump’s Meeting Meltdown: ‘Very Dismissive And Very Insulting’ | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- Trump Has ‘Meltdown’ As Giuliani Faces Criminal Probe | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- The great death of insects | DW Documentary (Ecology documentary) October 17, 2019
- IMF lowers forecasts over trade battles October 17, 2019
- The Honorable Rosa DeLauro – Chubb Fellowship Address – October 2019 October 17, 2019
- Your ketchup might be from NW China’s Xinjiang October 17, 2019
- Trump Admin Proposes Opening Up Tongass National Forest to Logging October 17, 2019
- Homewreckers: How Wall Street, Banks & Trump’s Inner Circle Used the 2008 Housing Cras h to Get Rich October 17, 2019
- BBC News | Clare Farrell | 17.10.2019 | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- Jay Griffiths, “What we’re doing is utterly utterly necessary and right…” | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- What Ancient Climate Can Teach Us About Today’s Crisis October 17, 2019
- Black Tudors: Three Untold Stories October 17, 2019
- “Meltdown”: Trump Defends Syria Withdrawal as House Votes 354 to 60 to Condemn His Actions October 17, 2019
- While Angels Weep… Doing Theology on a Small Planet October 17, 2019
- Wilderness and Paradise in Chistian Thought: George H. Williams October 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg gets mixed reaction upon arrival in Alberta October 16, 2019
- The Evolutionary History of Plants | From Plant To Planet with Nellie Nilsen | BBC Earth October 16, 2019
- Jeff Goodell on American Climate Refugees – the New Joads October 16, 2019
- Motivated Sellers: Disaster Capitalism in the Bahamas, Coming to a Neighborhood near You | Climate Denial Crock of the Week October 16, 2019
- Who bought Ecuador’s president? October 15, 2019
- The New Feudalism October 15, 2019
- Space capitalism: Is asteroid mining and space colonization legal? | Peter Ward October 15, 2019
- How to Save the Natural World: The Problem October 15, 2019
- We need to track the world’s water like we track the weather | Sonaar Luthra October 15, 2019
- Action on Climate Change: The Sustainable Growth Story of the 21st Century October 15, 2019
- “Measuring poverty around the world” – Tony Atkinson October 15, 2019