Published on Apr 19, 2018
The rise of Mongol Empire
1187 – Temujin were at war with Jamukha, his blood brother over the supremacy of Mongolian tribes.
1204 – Temujian pursued & defeated Jamukha.He then executed him.
1206 – Temujin was proclaimed Genghis Khan, the Great Khan.
1207 – Mongol conquest of Kyrgyz, Oirat, and Buryat.
1210 – Western Xia was conquered by the Mongols. Emperor Xiangzong of Tangut Empire (northwest China) submits to the Mongol Empire.
Mongol attack on Great Wall of China, Poor condition and threat made many Manchu Jin soldiers guarding the wall defected.
1215 – Mongolian army ransacked Zhongdu (Beijing) capital of Manchu Jin Empire (Northeast China).
Mongolian forces learns siege warfare from captured chinese engineers.
The Jin empire’s court retreated to southern capital,Kaifeng.
1216 – Mongolian army seize Kashgar from Kara khitai (Chatay) Empire.
1218 – Mongol forces battling Turkic Khwarezmian Empire in Persia over the assassination of Mongol emissaries.
1219 – Mongolian forces ransacked Samarkand, Bukhara, Otrar, Massacring mercilessly its inhabitant.
Kingdom of Goryeo (Korea) submitted to the Mongols.
1221 – Khwarezmian capital city, Ürgenç fell to the mongols and destroyed.
Jalal Ad-Din assume the title Shah of Kharezmi after his fater died and defeating mongolian contingent in Hindu Kush Mountain (Battle of Parwan)
1222 – Mongols forces under Subutai defeated forces of Kingdom of Georgia (Battle of Caucasus Mountain). Georgians then submitted to the Mongols.
1223 – Mongol forces under Subutai and Jebe defeated coalition of Rus principality in Battle of the Kalka River.
1227 – Qara Kithai (Cathay) conquered by the Mongols. Emperor Mozhu of Qara Kithai surrenders.
1229 – Genghis Khan died, replaced by his son Ögedei Khan
1232 – Azerbaijan conquered by Mongols.
1233 – Mongolian army caputred Kaifeng, Manchu Jin Empire fall to the Mongols.
1236 – Mongol forces conquered Volga Bulgars.
1237 – Mongolian forces under Subutai and Batu conquer Kievan Rus’ principality.
1238 – Burundai defeted Vladimir-Suzdal principality (Battle of the Sit River).
1240 – Mongol forces invade Tibetan Empire.
1241 – Mongol forces under Subutai and Boroldai defeat combined army of Templar, Hungary and Croatia.
Ögedei Khan dies.
1242 – Mongol forces under Batu Khan invade Bulgaria & Serbia, ransacking frontiers of Byzantine Empire.
1243 – Seljuk Turks fought mongol incursion, but lost in the Battle (Battle of Köse Dag). Seljuk became mongol vassals.
1246 – Güyük Khan elected as the Head of Mongol Empire.
1251 – Möngke Khan elected as the Head of Mongol Empire.
1256 – Alamut, headquartes of Asasiyun (Assassins) conquered by the mongols.
1258 – Hulagu Khan besieging Baghdad. Its inhabitant and Caliph Al-Musta’sim were killed by the Mongols. The great library of baghdad were destroyed.
Hulagu created ilkhanate domain in Persia.
1259 – Mongol forces under boroldai invades poland. and sacking Sandomierz.
Möngke Khan died during campaign against Han Song Empire.
1260 – Mamluks Sultanate repel mongol invasion under Kitbuga towards Palestine (Battle of Ayn Jalut).
Kublai Khan in China was elected as head of Mongol Empire, but western mongol disagree with it. Unified mongol empire was breaking apart.
Ariq Böke in Mongolia proclaims himself great khan of the Mongol Empire.
Sandomierz in Poland was sacked by Mongols.
1263 – Berke of Golden Horde (Russia) defeated Hulagu of Ilkhanate (Persia) in Terek River.
1264 – Kublai Khan defeats Ariq Böke. Solidify his control of Eastern Mongol Empire.
1265 – Mongol Golden Horde invaded Thrace, Byzantine army under Michael VIII Palaiologos was defeated. Byzantine sued for peace with Mongol Goldedn Horde.
1266 – Kublai Khan build his capital Khanbaliks/Daidu (Beijing)
1269 – Rebellion in Goryeo (Korea) supressed by the Mongols.
1271 – Kublai Khan declared Mongol in China as Yuan Empire.
1273 – Xiangyang, the strongest fortress of the Song dynasty (Southern China), had fallen to Mongol Yuan Empire.Song Dynasty collapsed.
1275 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Japan. but their fleet was annihilated by Typhoon.
1282 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Kingddom of Champa (Southern Vietnam), but were bogged down in guerilla warfare.
1283 – Mongol Yuan Empire conquered Pagan Kingdom (Myanmar) and Pagan became Mongol vassal.
1285 – Mongol Golden Horde invade Hungary, succeessfuly ransacking Transylvania but defeated in Carphatian Mountains.
1288 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade 3rd time Kingdom of Đại Việt (Northern Vietnam), capturing the capital but sucessfuly repelled by Vietnamese forces (Battle of Bạch Đằng). Later kingdom of Annam accept Mongol Yuan Suzeranity.
1292 – Mongol Chagatai Khanate of Central Asia invade India, but was beaten by Delhi Sultanate.
1293 – Mongol Yuan Empire invade Island of Java, sacked City of Kadiri but were beaten by Majapahit forces. Mongol Yuan return to China.
Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- US drinking water contamination with ‘forever chemicals’ far worse than scientists tho ught | Environment | The Guardian January 23, 2020
- Jeffrey Sachs Endorses Bernie Sanders for President January 23, 2020
- Climate Activists Sound Alarm on Mediterranean Natural Gas Pipelines January 23, 2020
- Spain Declares Climate Emergency & Readies Climate Legislation + Australian Wildfires Release Massive Amounts of Greenhouse Gas January 23, 2020
- Davos 2020: Prince Charles meets Greta Thunberg – BBC News January 23, 2020
- How can we combat the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan? January 22, 2020
- Historical Atlas of Africa: A. J. F. Ajayi, Michael Crowder January 22, 2020
- Writing African History (Rochester Studies in African History and the Diaspora) January 22, 2020
- The History Atlas of Africa : From the First Humans to the Emergence of a New South Africa (History Atlas Series): Samuel Kasule January 22, 2020
- The New Atlas of African History: G. S. P. Freeman-Grenville January 22, 2020
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Wuhan: Virus-hit Chinese city to shut public transport January 22, 2020
- Do Morals Matter? | Behind The Book featuring Joseph Nye January 22, 2020
- ‘Loose with the truth’: Chuck Schumer on the gravity of Donald Trump’s alleged offences January 22, 2020
- ‘The time to act is now’: Prince Charles calls for green taxes to fight climate emergency January 22, 2020
- The Heat: World Economic Forum January 22, 2020
- BBC World Service – Witness History, Silent Spring: A book that changed the world January 22, 2020
- Has Reaganomics Turned America Into a “Sh*thole” Country? January 22, 2020
- Solution To Climate Change Is To Make It Profitable, Says Private Equity Investor | Davos 2020 January 22, 2020
- China declares a ‘war’ on plastic pollution January 22, 2020
- Appeals Court Dismisses Landmark Youth Climate Lawsuit Against U.S. Government January 21, 2020
- Trump and Greta Thunberg Address Elites at Davos as Oxfam Condemns Mounting Inequality January 21, 2020
- Voting Rights Advocate: The Impeachment of Trump Is Needed to Protect Our Elections & Democracy January 21, 2020
- A Show Trial? As Trump Impeachment Trial Begins, Mitch McConnell Accused of Staging a Cover-Up January 21, 2020
- How McConnell’s “rigged” impeachment trial rules keep the public in the dark January 21, 2020
- Greta Thunberg Addresses Global Elite at Davos: Our House Is Still on Fire January 21, 2020
- David Suzuki on the climate change existential threat January 21, 2020
- Only Greta Gets it Right (climate) – World Economic Forum, Jan 2020 January 21, 2020
- Adam Schiff Annihilates Trump Lawyer’s Impeachment Trial Metaphor January 21, 2020
- Greta Thunberg Shames Economic Elite At Davos January 21, 2020
- Defining Lines: Cartography in the Age of Empire at the Nasher January 21, 2020
- ‘What will you tell your children?’: Greta Thunberg blasts climate inaction at Davos January 21, 2020
- Trump blasts impeachment trial upon arrival at Davos Economic Forum January 21, 2020
- Davos: Greta Thunberg makes opening remarks at session on averting ‘climate apocalypse’ January 21, 2020
- Oxford Martin School – Events January 21, 2020
- Greta Thunberg speaks at the World Economic Forum | LIVE January 21, 2020
- Dylan Thomas, 1952: A Child’s Christmas in Wales, A Story – Recorded at Steinway Hall, NY January 21, 2020
- New evidence against Trump may not be part of Senate trial January 21, 2020
- Putin moves to keep power indefinitely January 21, 2020
- China confirms human-to-human transmission of new coronavirus January 21, 2020
- Oxfam warns of widening gap between rich and poor January 20, 2020
- Andrea Bernstein, “American Oligarch” January 20, 2020
- ‘This is not inevitable’, says Oxfam about rising global inequality January 20, 2020
- Dust storm barrels across regional NSW | Nine News Australia January 20, 2020
- Massive dust storm engulfs New South Wales in Australia January 20, 2020
- Bipartisan NAFTA 2.0 Is Still Fatally Flawed January 20, 2020
- SPECIAL: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in His Own Words January 20, 2020
- Davos 2020 – Press Conference: IMF World Economic Outlook Update January 20, 2020
- Climate Change, Migration and Environmental Refugees January 20, 2020
- Climate refugees fleeing drought were part of the migrant caravan from Central America January 20, 2020
- Michael Mann – Future Australians may become ‘climate refugees’ | TheHill January 20, 2020