Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Domination and the Arts of Resistance: Hidden Transcripts: James C. Scott, James C. September 28, 2021
- 1831 Proposal for a Black College in New Haven with Michael Morand: Mondays at Beinecke 9/13/21 September 27, 2021
- Gina’s Journey: The Search for William Grimes September 27, 2021
- Haitian Revolution September 26, 2021
- Looking Back: Farmers’ Agitation Thus Far September 26, 2021
- Solar Wind Watch, Cascadia, Jets, The Core, Mars | S0 News Sep.26.2021 September 26, 2021
- Tsunami visualization September 25, 2021
- MEGATSUNAMI Full Documentary September 25, 2021
- Will climate change cause earthquakes? September 25, 2021
- Waking the Giant: How a changing climate triggers earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes: Bill McGuire September 25, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario September 25, 2021
- Magma is Moving Underneath La Palma / Cumbre Vieja; Canary Islands Volcano September 25, 2021
- Video Shows Lava Erupting from La Palma Volcano September 25, 2021
- Emergency team monitors La Palma lava destruction September 25, 2021
- Cystic fibrosis drug: ‘I feel I’ve been given a second chance at life’ – BBC News September 25, 2021
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis on rise in Northern Ireland – BBC News September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Is this Germany’s climate election? September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Climate change and the German election September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, UK Prime Minister: Humanity is reaching a “turning point” on climate change September 25, 2021
- 🇳🇬 Nigeria – President Addresses United Nations General Debate, 76th Session (English) | #UNGA September 24, 2021
- House Democrats Are Scared to Tax Billionaires – That’s a Costly Mistake September 24, 2021
- These are the asteroids to worry about September 24, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide September 24, 2021
- Naked Science – Landslides September 24, 2021
- Massive Crater Discovered Under Greenland Ice September 24, 2021
- Arctic Sea Ice 2021 – NASA September 24, 2021
- Climates, Landscapes, and Civilizations: Giosan, Liviu, Fuller, Dorian Q., Nicoll, Kathleen, Flad, Rowan K., Clift, Peter D. September 23, 2021
- Palaeoepidemiology September 23, 2021
- Mediterranean Voyages: The Archaeology of Island Colonisation and Abandonment (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications): Helen Dawson September 23, 2021
- Archaeology of African Plant Use (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications) 1, Stevens, Chris J, Nixon, Sam, Murray, Mary Anne, Fuller, Dorian Q. September 23, 2021
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications (67 books) Kindle Edition September 23, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, A month away from UN Climate Summit September 23, 2021
- The Making of the Middle Sea: A History of the Mediterranean from the Beginning to the Emergence of the Classical World: Cyprian Broodbank September 23, 2021
- John William Ward: An American Idealist: Kim Townsend September 23, 2021
- June 2015: John William Ward: An American Idealist By Kim Townsend | 2015 Features | Amherst College September 23, 2021
- The Agrarian Studies Program at Yale University: An Oral History September 21, 2021
- Bill Gates on vaccine equity, boosters, climate, his foundation and Epstein meetings September 21, 2021
- La Palma volcano engulfs village minutes after residents flee their homes – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Big Pharma – How much power do drug companies have? | DW Documentary September 21, 2021
- Children are facing a nutrition crisis | UNICEF September 21, 2021
- Climate Status: Dire and Worsening: According to BAMS Report September 21, 2021
- Stephen H. Grant – Biography of Peter Strickland September 21, 2021
- IPCC WGI Interactive Atlas September 21, 2021
- Climate change IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’, UN scientists say – BBC News September 21, 2021
- The latest IPCC report explained in 7.5 minutes September 21, 2021
- IPCC – Sixth Assessment Report – AR6 – Working Group I September 21, 2021
- Climate change: IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’ – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate change: UN warning over nations’ climate plans – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate reporting reaches melting point – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Canary Islands volcano: Hundreds more evacuated as La Palma lava nears sea – BBC News September 21, 2021
Daily Archives: July 1, 2018
Jonathan Ernst | Reuters
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (2nd L) welcomes U.S. President Donald Trump to dance with a sword during a welcome ceremony at Al Murabba Palace in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia May 20, 2017.
- The U.S. and Saudi Arabia struck a side deal to boost oil supply by 2 million barrels per day, according to President Donald Trump.
- Analysts say that deal could prove a challenge to Saudi’s spare oil supply, and ‘stir the pot’ in the volatile Middle East.
- In particular, Iran and Venezuela are both reeling economically, with Tehran feeling the bite of new sanctions.
An impromptu agreement between the United States and Saudi Arabia to add more supply to increasingly tight oil markets is perceived as a test of the kingdom’s ability to pump more crude — and could further antagonize Iran and Venezuela, as both countries grapple with deteriorating conditions in their respective economies.
Barely a week after OPEC‘s decision to ramp up oil supplies, President Donald Trump surprised the world on Saturday by announcing a new side agreement with the Saudis to smooth over supply shortages from crisis-hit producers, Iran and Venezuela. Both countries resisted the oil cartel’s decision last month’s agreement, even though OPEC demurred on how much it would boost supply.
The president and King Salman agreed that Saudi Arabia would add more output to a market that’s seen crude shoot to its highest level in more than 3 years above $74 per barrel.
According to Trump, the world’s largest oil producer will inject up to 2 million barrels a day to world oil markets — a figure Saudi officials did not immediately verify in a readout confirming the call between Trump and Salman.
Gas prices have risen in tandem with crude, ramping up political pressure on Trump as he fights a multi-front trade dispute that has roiled markets and threatens the global growth outlook.