Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- How COVID-19 reshapes our views of life, and of loss May 26, 2020
- Donald Trump, Resign Now for America’s Sake: This is No Time for a Dangerous, Law-breaking, Bungling, Ignorant Ship Captain | Common Dreams Views May 26, 2020
- Fauci Urges Trump to Remain on Golf Course Until Pandemic Is Over | The New Yorker May 26, 2020
- The decade climate change was baked in May 26, 2020
- WMO Statement on the State of the Global Climate i… | E-Library May 26, 2020
- Fleeing climate change — the real environmental disaster | DW Documentary May 25, 2020
- World Meteorological Organization Report: The Global Climate in 2015 – 2019 May 25, 2020
- Largest food bank in U.S. stretched thin amid coronavirus pandemic May 25, 2020
- Middle-class Americans queue at food banks as US unemployment hits 38 million – BBC News May 25, 2020
- Donald Trump delivers Memorial Day address, returns to golf course May 25, 2020
- Inside the Rohingya Refugee Crisis | Between Us May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus cases have exploded in Brazil, Latin America’s largest economy May 25, 2020
- Public Events | cambridgeforum – Webinar – 29 May 2020 – 2:00pm EST May 25, 2020
- Expect something close to an exodus from expensive, large cities: Redfin CEO May 25, 2020
- Why 42% of coronavirus-related job losses will be permanent: Economist May 25, 2020
- Working Woman Testifies About Reality Of Poverty In The U.S. | NowThis May 25, 2020
- How People Are ‘Dying of Whiteness’ Amid COVID-19 | Opinions | NowThis May 25, 2020
- Climate Change Is Turning Antarctica Green | NowThis May 25, 2020
- Explore unknown pathogens, avoid disease outbreaks: Chinese researcher’s task May 25, 2020
- Compassion During Coronavirus: How Is Your Community Responding to COVID-19? May 25, 2020
- What would a second wave look like? | CNBC Explains May 25, 2020
- Americans ignore physical distancing advice over Memorial Day weekend May 25, 2020
- Thousands in Hong Kong protest China’s national security bill May 25, 2020
- Efforts underway to get food from farms to needy May 25, 2020
- Yanis Varoufakis: What Comes After Capitalism | DiEM25 May 25, 2020
- Ancient Art in Holy Land Sardinia Syria Cappadoce 1887 Perrot lovely illustrated leather book May 24, 2020
- YOU are in a New Global Crisis – but Don’t Know It (w/ Richard Wolff) May 24, 2020
- LIVE: Food Rebellion with Toby & Dora May 24, 2020
- Health Experts Warn Of Looming Coronavirus Eruption In Red States May 24, 2020
- Chair Of Walker River Paiute Tribe Send Message To Trump On COVID | NowThis May 24, 2020
- Noam Chomsky on Trump’s Disastrous Coronavirus Response, WHO, China, Gaza and Global Capitalism May 24, 2020
- The Coming Transformation of Educational Systems World-wide | EV & N 346 | CCTV May 24, 2020
- Actress Lori Loughlin, Husband Sentenced To Prison In College Admissions Scandal May 24, 2020
- Today: COVID, Climate Change and Conflict Resolution May 24, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — May 22, 2020 May 24, 2020
- How the U.S. is Failing People of Color During the Pandemic | Amanpour and Company May 23, 2020
- How American Exceptionalism is Exacerbating the Pandemic | Amanpour and Company May 23, 2020
- Greta Thunberg holds digital conversation on Earth Day May 23, 2020
- Children’s Hospital Doctor Is ‘Convinced’ Inflammatory Syndrome In Children Is Related To COVID-19 – YouTube May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 has exposed “the corpse of neoliberal policy” in India May 23, 2020
- Amazon Empire: The Rise and Reign of Jeff Bezos (full film) | FRONTLINE May 23, 2020
- Socially Distant Orchestra plays “Jupiter” in 360° May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Drives Health Care Tech Innovation in Ghana May 23, 2020
- The Point: U.S. threatens to defund WHO May 23, 2020
- U.S. deployed over 200 military biological laboratories across the world May 23, 2020
- Bolsonaro minimizes COVID-19 surge in Brazil, promotes hydroxychloroquine May 23, 2020
- Brazil records world’s second highest number of COVID-19 cases May 23, 2020
- Mike Davis: Workers Face “Sophie’s Choice” Between Income & Health as 50 States Reopen Amid Pandemic May 23, 2020
- Why the Merkel-Macron ‘Eurobond’ announcement isn’t what it seems: our view | DiEM25 May 23, 2020
- Yanis Varoufakis with Professor Noam Chomsky at NYPL, April 16, 2016 | DiEM25 May 23, 2020
Daily Archives: June 13, 2018
A US district court judge has cleared the merger of telecoms giant AT&T and media firm Time Warner, in a major defeat for government regulators.
The US had sued to block the deal, arguing that it would reduce competition in pay TV and lead to higher prices for consumers.
But Judge Richard Leon rejected those arguments, approving the deal without conditions.
The ruling is expected to lead to other mergers and acquisitions.
The lawsuit against AT&T had sent a signal that the Trump administration’s Department of Justice was taking a more hardline stance on such mega-deals.
Analysts say the decision will bolster firms such as Comcast – which is considering bidding for 21st Century Fox assets, including its stake in Sky, in a challenge to a deal announced between Fox and Disney last year.
- Comcast in ‘advanced stages’ of 21st Century Fox bid
- Sky takeover battle looms after Hancock clears Fox bid
Judge Leon’s decision comes more than 18 months after AT&T announced in 2016 its plans to buy Time Warner in a transaction then valued at about $85bn.
The deal is set to unite AT&T’s significant wireless, satellite television and internet business with Time Warner’s media properties, which include HBO and CNN.
Attorney Daniel Petrocelli, who represented AT&T, said the firm expects to complete the transaction before 21 June.