Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- About Us | Ecological Farming Association March 25, 2019
- JM Fortier on Small Scale Market Gardening March 25, 2019
- Kris Nichols – What 40 Years of Science tells us about Organic Agriculture – EcoFarm 2019 Keynote March 25, 2019
- Oil executives predicted expanded influence in Trump’s Interior Department – Reveal March 25, 2019
- Oil Execs Brag About Having ‘Direct Access’ to Trump’s Pick for Interior Secretary – EcoWatch March 25, 2019
- Ray Archuleta & Gabe Brown, 2018 EcoFarm Keynotes March 25, 2019
- Xi Jinping begins state visit to France March 25, 2019
- Macron seeks united EU front on China as President Xi visits France March 25, 2019
- Killing the Soil that Feeds Us: Food, Profit & the Fatal Impact of Petro-Dependent Agriculture | EV & N 309 | CCTV March 24, 2019
- Worst flooding damage in our state’s history: Nebraska Gov March 24, 2019
- Farmers devastated by historic flooding in Midwest March 24, 2019
- Roads, towns and livelihoods are washed away in Midwest floods March 24, 2019
- “Water Is Life”: Midwestern Floods Threaten Indigenous Communities at Forefron t of Climate Crisis March 24, 2019
- “Remember the South”: Devastating Cyclone Idai Another Example of Global Sout h Paying for Polluters March 24, 2019
- Report: 70 Percent of U.S. Produce Contains Pesticide Residue March 24, 2019
- China: Pesticide Plant Explosion Kills 47 March 24, 2019
- Harvard – The Richest University in the World March 24, 2019
- Should YouTube Historians Be Held to the Same Standards as Academic Historians? March 24, 2019
- Bad History – 1421 by Gavin Menzies March 24, 2019
- Running out of Time | Documentary on Holistic Management March 24, 2019
- Soil Basics: Soil Microbiology March 24, 2019
- Life in the Soil March 24, 2019
- In Search Of Balance March 24, 2019
- Ray Archuleta, PhD Presenting at Nobel Conference 54 March 24, 2019
- GFE 2017 – Ray Archuleta ‘Regenerating the Land’ March 24, 2019
- Living Soil Film March 24, 2019
- Symphony of Soil March 24, 2019
- How Robert Mueller’s Russia Investigation Unfolded March 23, 2019
- Opinion | President Trump says he’s innocent. If so, he should want the Mueller report public March 23, 2019
- Tensions rise as Attorney General William Barr reviews Mueller’s report March 23, 2019
- What Mueller’s Investigation Could Mean for President Trump | NYT News March 23, 2019
- Calvin Dark discusses Italy’s joining the Belt and Road March 23, 2019
- Students File Class Action Lawsuit In College Admissions Scam March 23, 2019
- ‘Criminal’ for Trump to fund nuclear plant – activist – YouTube March 23, 2019
- What Chinese president Xi Jinping’s European visit could mean for the U.S. March 23, 2019
- China donates $800,000 in humanitarian aid to Zimbabwe March 23, 2019
- Faster Than Expected Abrupt Climate Change Wisdom March 23, 2019
- Record Temperatures 20-25C Above Norm in far North March 23, 2019
- Spring 2019 Speaking Tour March 23, 2019
- Who Really Discovered America? – Gavin Menzies March 23, 2019
- Who Really Ignited The Renaissance? – Gavin Menzies March 23, 2019
- Book Review: 1421 The Year China Discovered America March 23, 2019
- 1434: The Year a Magnificent Chinese Fleet Sailed to Italy and Ignited the Renaissance March 23, 2019
- Bernie Sanders Shames Trump’s Budget Director “Do You Really Not Have A Conscience?!?” March 23, 2019
- Bernie Sanders DESTROYS Trump’s 2020 Budget Proposal March 23, 2019
- Sea level rise is getting worse. Here’s what you need to know. March 23, 2019
- Climate strikes inspired by Greta Thunberg are on the rise. | OCC News March 23, 2019
- Greta Thunberg: “We want politicians to listen to the scientists” March 23, 2019
- China’s Xi and Italy’s Conte sign New Silk Road agreement | DW News March 23, 2019
- Mixed feelings in Italy and Europe about joining China’s Belt and Road Initiative March 23, 2019
Daily Archives: June 6, 2018
An Art Installation by
I normally write and rewrite the Buddha’s prayer of loving kindness and compassion on paper or canvas. But one day last fall, I was absolutely despondent over global climate change and the fact that we have no time to lose and this administration has its head in the sand. And that is putting it mildly.
I went to my studio and started writing global warming. I ended up writing 1268 words. Upon finishing the piece, the Santa Rosa fires had begun in the night and the severe winds carried ash 45 miles south where the ash accumulated by my studio door in piles. I collected the ash and rubbed it on the paper to finish the piece. The fires are a product of global warming. God only knows what’s in the ash. But lives were lost, homes were lost and life was forever changed. We will have more severe fires across the West next fire season, caused by global warming. We must wake up and act now, for our future and the future of our children and their children.
High-tide flooding is happening across the United States at twice the rate it was just 30 years ago, a new report that
tracked flooding from May 2017 to April finds. Boston, the study shows, is one of the locations that saw record instances of high-tide flooding over the time period.
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration said Wednesday that high-tide flooding, sometimes called sunny-day or “nuisance flooding,” tied or set records in more than a quarter of the 98 places the agency monitors around the country.
The report found Sabine Pass in Texas had 23 days of high-tide flooding over the May-to-April time period, while Atlantic City in New Jersey and Boston had 22 each. Cities in other parts of the country experienced fewer tidal floods, but many of those cities still saw records set.
“Though year-to-year and regional variability exist, the underlying trend is quite clear: Due to sea level rise, the national average frequency of high-tide flooding is double what it was 30 years ago,” the report said.
Ben Horton, a Rutgers University researcher who was not involved in the study, called it “a warning, a shot across the
Jun 06, 2018
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is again facing controversy over a slew of new political scandals. The Washington Post reports Pruitt had his former scheduler contact the chief executive of Chick-fil-A, seeking to set up a personal meeting about the possibility of Pruitt’s wife, Marlyn, opening a franchise of the fast-food chain. The revelation is based on emails obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the Sierra Club. Meanwhile, The New York Times reports that Pruitt attended a University of Kentucky basketball game last December in seats belonging to Joseph W. Craft III, a billionaire coal executive who is aggressively fighting to reverse Obama-era rules limiting coal pollution. Pruitt is also facing criticism after congressional transcripts surfaced showing he had one of his aides go apartment hunting for him, in violation of federal ethics standards that prohibit personal assistance by a subordinate. The aide was also instructed to try to get Pruitt a used mattress from the Trump International Hotel. Interestingly, back in 2015, the mattress company Serta dumped Trump’s mattress line when Trump first announced his presidential race by calling Mexicans rapists.
The Big Picture RT
Published on Oct 14, 2016
Amy Goodman, Democracy Now/The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope, joins Thom. Democracy Now Host Amy Goodman will tunr herself in Monday on charges of criminal trespassing – charges she was hit with after doing her job and reporting on the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline. Why is the mainstream media ignoring this serious threat to free speech?