Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The First Arctic Blue Ocean Event: What Computer Simulations and Statistical Trend Analysis Tells Us April 6, 2020
- Wall Street Wins, Again: Bailouts in the Time of Coronavirus | Common Dreams Views April 6, 2020
- ‘A Really Chilling Moment’: Trump Refuses to Allow Dr. Fauci to Answer Question on Dangers of Hydroxychloroquine | Common Dreams News April 6, 2020
- WHO slams ‘racist’ calls for Africa to be vaccine testing ground April 6, 2020
- Minimizing Fear April 6, 2020
- Massachusetts governor gives coronavirus update — April 6, 2020 April 6, 2020
- UK PM Boris Johnson taken to intensive care after health worsens April 6, 2020
- Tyranny comes home: How the ‘boomerang effect’ impacts civilian life in the U.S. | Abigail Blanco April 6, 2020
- New Great Depression looming? Americans buy up firearms April 6, 2020
- Boris Johnson in ICU | Dominic Raab takes over as PM deputy April 6, 2020
- Coronavirus crisis: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care as symptoms worsen – BBC News April 6, 2020
- Why decarceration is “the only solution” to the COVID-19 crisis in U.S. prisons April 6, 2020
- U.S. death toll passes 10,000; British prime minister in ICU April 6, 2020
- Hospitals Prove Capitalism Needs To Be Reinvented! April 6, 2020
- News Wrap: Ousted intelligence inspector general urges other watchdogs to speak up April 6, 2020
- Businessman Trump has no answers in crisis – Larry King April 6, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — April 6, 2020 April 6, 2020
- “Leaving Us Here to Die”: Prisoners Plea for Release, Protection Amid Skyrocketing Infection Rates April 6, 2020
- One Mask for Five 12-Hour Shifts: Harlem Hospital Nurses Demand Better Protection Amid Pandemic April 6, 2020
- Stir Crazy! #7: Is Capitalism a Virus? April 6, 2020
- Introduction to the BU African Studies/Afriterra “Mapping Africa” Workshop April 6, 2020
- Earth & Space : Beautiful Relaxing Music & Views April 5, 2020
- Disease and climate change: What could the future look like? OCS Blog – OXFORD CLIMATE SOCIETY April 5, 2020
- Noam Chomsky: ‘Coronavirus pandemic could have been prevented’ | News | Al Jazeera April 5, 2020
- Climate Crisis Weekly: How climate change, COVID-19 intersect – Electrek April 5, 2020
- Chris Hedges & Prof Lisa Duggan Discuss Ayn Rand – 17 Jan 2020 April 4, 2020
- Noam Chomsky: Coronavirus – What is at stake? | DiEM25 TV April 4, 2020
- XRTV Interview: Chris Hedges on Coronavirus, Climate and What Next? April 4, 2020
- WATCH: Coronavirus is a threat ‘anywhere and everywhere’ in U.S., Fauci says April 4, 2020
- More than 11,000 Italian health workers infected April 4, 2020
- How will COVID-19 impact the 2020 election? | Washington Week | PBS April 3, 2020
- Schumer on keeping pandemic’s recession from becoming a depression April 3, 2020
- Kushner ‘Doesn’t Know What The Hell He’s Talking About’ Com. Of Katrina Task Force | All In | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- ExxonSecrets Factsheet April 3, 2020
- “Our Bodies Are On the Line”: NYC Nurses Demand Protective Gear as COVID- 19 Death Toll Skyrockets April 3, 2020
- Webinar: Climate Change in the Era of COVID-19 April 3, 2020
- Bach – Cantata Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme BWV 140 – Van Veldhoven | Netherlands Bach Society April 3, 2020
- Coronavirus: UK death toll rises by 684 in a day – BBC News April 3, 2020
- Crumpled like a tin can | Elon Musk’s latest SpaceX test fails April 3, 2020
- Fact-Checking The Claims Made At Thursday’s Coronavirus Briefing – Day That Was | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- The Trump administration’s sweetheart deal to a pharma company working on a COVID-19 treatment April 3, 2020
- Trump blames states for lack of supplies, Kushner takes centre stage at coronavirus briefing April 3, 2020
- Sen. Harris On Trump’s Virus Response: ‘This Guy Doesn’t Understand His Job’ | The Last Word | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 and the risk to food supply chains: How to respond? April 3, 2020
- During This Crisis We Must Make Health Care a Right April 3, 2020
- ‘Still Ahead of His Time’: New Video Details Bernie Sanders’ Prescient Warnings About Pandemic Threat and Need for Medicare for All | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- “Bernie Sanders: Still Ahead of His Time” April 3, 2020
- ‘Government Needs to Step In’: Food Banks Across US Report Unprecedented D emand—and Shortages—as Coronavirus Pandemic Ravages | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- “We’re Running Out of Time to Get This Right”: Congress Urged to Move Swiftly to Protect 2020 Elections From Pandemic’s Mayhem | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- In Nation Without Medicare for All, 3.5 Million Workers May Have Lost Employer-Provided Insurance Over Last Two Weeks | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
Daily Archives: June 6, 2018
An Art Installation by
I normally write and rewrite the Buddha’s prayer of loving kindness and compassion on paper or canvas. But one day last fall, I was absolutely despondent over global climate change and the fact that we have no time to lose and this administration has its head in the sand. And that is putting it mildly.
I went to my studio and started writing global warming. I ended up writing 1268 words. Upon finishing the piece, the Santa Rosa fires had begun in the night and the severe winds carried ash 45 miles south where the ash accumulated by my studio door in piles. I collected the ash and rubbed it on the paper to finish the piece. The fires are a product of global warming. God only knows what’s in the ash. But lives were lost, homes were lost and life was forever changed. We will have more severe fires across the West next fire season, caused by global warming. We must wake up and act now, for our future and the future of our children and their children.
High-tide flooding is happening across the United States at twice the rate it was just 30 years ago, a new report that
tracked flooding from May 2017 to April finds. Boston, the study shows, is one of the locations that saw record instances of high-tide flooding over the time period.
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration said Wednesday that high-tide flooding, sometimes called sunny-day or “nuisance flooding,” tied or set records in more than a quarter of the 98 places the agency monitors around the country.
The report found Sabine Pass in Texas had 23 days of high-tide flooding over the May-to-April time period, while Atlantic City in New Jersey and Boston had 22 each. Cities in other parts of the country experienced fewer tidal floods, but many of those cities still saw records set.
“Though year-to-year and regional variability exist, the underlying trend is quite clear: Due to sea level rise, the national average frequency of high-tide flooding is double what it was 30 years ago,” the report said.
Ben Horton, a Rutgers University researcher who was not involved in the study, called it “a warning, a shot across the
Jun 06, 2018
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is again facing controversy over a slew of new political scandals. The Washington Post reports Pruitt had his former scheduler contact the chief executive of Chick-fil-A, seeking to set up a personal meeting about the possibility of Pruitt’s wife, Marlyn, opening a franchise of the fast-food chain. The revelation is based on emails obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the Sierra Club. Meanwhile, The New York Times reports that Pruitt attended a University of Kentucky basketball game last December in seats belonging to Joseph W. Craft III, a billionaire coal executive who is aggressively fighting to reverse Obama-era rules limiting coal pollution. Pruitt is also facing criticism after congressional transcripts surfaced showing he had one of his aides go apartment hunting for him, in violation of federal ethics standards that prohibit personal assistance by a subordinate. The aide was also instructed to try to get Pruitt a used mattress from the Trump International Hotel. Interestingly, back in 2015, the mattress company Serta dumped Trump’s mattress line when Trump first announced his presidential race by calling Mexicans rapists.
The Big Picture RT
Published on Oct 14, 2016
Amy Goodman, Democracy Now/The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope, joins Thom. Democracy Now Host Amy Goodman will tunr herself in Monday on charges of criminal trespassing – charges she was hit with after doing her job and reporting on the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline. Why is the mainstream media ignoring this serious threat to free speech?