Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Empires of the Weak: The Real Story of European Expansion and the Creation of the New World Order: Jason Sharman September 21, 2019
- Climate Change: what do you want me to say? | FT September 21, 2019
- Protesting climate change in New York, masses gather in global strike epicenter September 21, 2019
- Millions in 150 countries join protest for climate action September 21, 2019
- Donald Trump vs. California | Washington Week | PBS September 21, 2019
- Climate Strike in New York City September 21, 2019
- Former U.S. senior diplomat hails B&R Initiative as far-sighted September 21, 2019
- Documentary Photography: People of the Yellow River September 21, 2019
- China’s efforts in dealing with global warming September 21, 2019
- Protesters gather for leaders to take action on climate change September 21, 2019
- TIA KANSARA on Our Habits of Waste September 21, 2019
- Use Natural Climate Solutions To Protect Nature | Extinction Rebellion – YouTube September 21, 2019
- Warning that no-deal Brexit will lead to food shortages and price hikes September 20, 2019
- Humanity Is Pumping Carbon Dioxide Into The Atmosphere At The Fastest Rates In History, Overfishing September 20, 2019
- “Urgency of climate crisis encompasses everything else we care about” – Indigenous Climate Activist September 20, 2019
- Live | Global climate strikes kick off ahead of UN summit on climate change September 20, 2019
- “Young People Have Had Enough”: Global Climate Strike Youth Activists on Why They Are Marchi ng September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg: Our House Is On Fire September 20, 2019
- Worldwide rallies to call for more actions against climate change September 20, 2019
- We’re doomed if solar energy stalls—here’s how to keep it rising | Varun Sivaram | TEDxYale September 20, 2019
- Why Solar Energy Needs Innovation to Reach Its Potential September 20, 2019
- Climate change: the trouble with trees | The Economist September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg Testifies Before U.S. Congress | NowThis September 20, 2019
- CLIMATE FORCING | Our Future is Cold September 20, 2019
- #naturenow – Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot on natural climate solutions September 20, 2019
- David Attenborough, Greta Thunberg and Jane Goodall have a message for you about the planet September 20, 2019
- Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot make short film on the climate crisis September 20, 2019
- Saving our island – Youth from the Pacific (360 video) September 20, 2019
- UN: Egyptian city of Alexandria is sinking due to global warming September 20, 2019
- US-Iran Tensions Could Overshadow Push for Climate Action at UN September 20, 2019
- Global Climate Strike: Latest updates – BBC News September 20, 2019
- Everything Climate Activist Greta Thunberg Said Before Congress | NBC New York September 19, 2019
- Amnesty Head: Kumi Naidoo -Climate Crisis Is a “Death Penalty” for Humanity. Leaders Need Politic al Will to Act September 19, 2019
- University of California to Divest from Fossil Fuel Companies September 19, 2019
- Former Executives Acquitted over Roles in Fukushima Nuclear Disaster September 19, 2019
- Thousands Fall Ill as Indonesian Fires Spread Toxic Haze September 19, 2019
- Youth Activist Greta Thunberg to U.S. Lawmakers: Listen to Climate Scientists September 19, 2019
- The New Global Threat from GMOs September 19, 2019
- Man Spends 30 Years Regenerating Farmland into Amazing Forest | Fools & Dreamers (Full Documentary) September 19, 2019
- The tiny creature that secretly powers the planet | Penny Chisholm September 19, 2019
- Chinese Desert Farming Miracle September 19, 2019
- Plant to Power in Burkina Faso September 19, 2019
- Young Champion of the Earth 2019: Omar Itani September 19, 2019
- “Beaten Down, Worked Up”: Steven Greenhouse on the UAW Strike & the State of American Labor September 19, 2019
- The countries grappling with their European heritage – BBC News September 18, 2019
- Elizabeth Warren Targets ‘Corruption Right At The Heart Of Our Government’ | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC September 18, 2019
- ‘We’re a team’: Greta Thunberg visits Barack Obama September 18, 2019
- Activist Greta Thunberg on how to make sure the word does not ‘give up’ the climate fight September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg takes climate fight to Congress September 18, 2019
- Greta Thunberg testifies to Congress over climate crisis September 18, 2019
Daily Archives: June 6, 2018
An Art Installation by
I normally write and rewrite the Buddha’s prayer of loving kindness and compassion on paper or canvas. But one day last fall, I was absolutely despondent over global climate change and the fact that we have no time to lose and this administration has its head in the sand. And that is putting it mildly.
I went to my studio and started writing global warming. I ended up writing 1268 words. Upon finishing the piece, the Santa Rosa fires had begun in the night and the severe winds carried ash 45 miles south where the ash accumulated by my studio door in piles. I collected the ash and rubbed it on the paper to finish the piece. The fires are a product of global warming. God only knows what’s in the ash. But lives were lost, homes were lost and life was forever changed. We will have more severe fires across the West next fire season, caused by global warming. We must wake up and act now, for our future and the future of our children and their children.
High-tide flooding is happening across the United States at twice the rate it was just 30 years ago, a new report that
tracked flooding from May 2017 to April finds. Boston, the study shows, is one of the locations that saw record instances of high-tide flooding over the time period.
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration said Wednesday that high-tide flooding, sometimes called sunny-day or “nuisance flooding,” tied or set records in more than a quarter of the 98 places the agency monitors around the country.
The report found Sabine Pass in Texas had 23 days of high-tide flooding over the May-to-April time period, while Atlantic City in New Jersey and Boston had 22 each. Cities in other parts of the country experienced fewer tidal floods, but many of those cities still saw records set.
“Though year-to-year and regional variability exist, the underlying trend is quite clear: Due to sea level rise, the national average frequency of high-tide flooding is double what it was 30 years ago,” the report said.
Ben Horton, a Rutgers University researcher who was not involved in the study, called it “a warning, a shot across the
Jun 06, 2018
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt is again facing controversy over a slew of new political scandals. The Washington Post reports Pruitt had his former scheduler contact the chief executive of Chick-fil-A, seeking to set up a personal meeting about the possibility of Pruitt’s wife, Marlyn, opening a franchise of the fast-food chain. The revelation is based on emails obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the Sierra Club. Meanwhile, The New York Times reports that Pruitt attended a University of Kentucky basketball game last December in seats belonging to Joseph W. Craft III, a billionaire coal executive who is aggressively fighting to reverse Obama-era rules limiting coal pollution. Pruitt is also facing criticism after congressional transcripts surfaced showing he had one of his aides go apartment hunting for him, in violation of federal ethics standards that prohibit personal assistance by a subordinate. The aide was also instructed to try to get Pruitt a used mattress from the Trump International Hotel. Interestingly, back in 2015, the mattress company Serta dumped Trump’s mattress line when Trump first announced his presidential race by calling Mexicans rapists.
The Big Picture RT
Published on Oct 14, 2016
Amy Goodman, Democracy Now/The Silenced Majority: Stories of Uprisings, Occupations, Resistance, and Hope, joins Thom. Democracy Now Host Amy Goodman will tunr herself in Monday on charges of criminal trespassing – charges she was hit with after doing her job and reporting on the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline. Why is the mainstream media ignoring this serious threat to free speech?