Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Uncle Juan Carlos: A Preventable COVID-19 Tragedy • Vote 2020 October 22, 2020
- Highlights of Donald Trump’s Leaked Interview with ’60 Minutes’ | NowThis October 22, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 22, 2020 October 22, 2020
- “A Barrett Confirmation Is a Catastrophe”: What Democrats Can Do to Block Trump’s Supreme Court Pick October 22, 2020
- Introduction to Omeka October 22, 2020
- Omeka and Digital Archives (HASTAC Scholars Digital Collections Webinar with Jim McGrath) October 22, 2020
- Teaching and Researching with Scalar (HASTAC Scholars Webinar) October 22, 2020
- Webinar: Education as if the Earth Mattered October 22, 2020
- Sahel: Fastest Growing Crises! 2 million people displaced October 22, 2020
- Meet the young environmentalists restoring Nairobi’s ‘lungs’ October 22, 2020
- LIVE on Oct. 22 at 9:30 a.m.: Former CIA director John O. Brennan with David Ignatius October 22, 2020
- Angles on Bending Lines: with guest Maggie Owens October 22, 2020
- Teach with Maps : Maury Whale Chart (Episode 1) October 22, 2020
- The political economy of COVID-19: Impacts on agriculture and food policies October 22, 2020
- Global Skills Outlook 2021: Scenarios for a Learning Reset October 22, 2020
- How are immigrants treated in the US? | We Need To Talk October 22, 2020
- Emily Wilson, “Plagues from the Past”: 2020 Mark Strand Memorial Reading at Beinecke Library October 22, 2020
- Rapid diagnostic testing for COVID-19 in Africa October 22, 2020
- Expanding the Supreme Court, Explained | NowThis October 21, 2020
- The Palgrave Handbook of Islam in Africa: Fallou Ngom, Mustapha H. Kurfi, Toyin Falola October 21, 2020
- Burning the Books: A History of the Deliberate Destruction of Knowledge: Ovenden, Richard October 21, 2020
- “After more than a century, the science is clear. The economics is clear.” William D. Nordhaus October 21, 2020
- Experts give briefing on Covid-19 at Union world conference – watch live October 21, 2020
- Upcoming Religion & Ecology Events – October 2020 October 21, 2020
- Tim Bennett Explains: Why the oil price is so volatile October 21, 2020
- Here’s What Drives The Price Of Oil | CNBC October 21, 2020
- Petroleum – modern history of oil October 21, 2020
- U.S. election determined by former felons? October 21, 2020
- As Trump Plummets, Niece Mary Trump Tells Media To Stop Pretending He’s ‘Normal’ | MSNBC October 21, 2020
- Nigeria: security forces in Lagos open fire on protesters fighting against police brutality October 21, 2020
- ‘You can’t have your cake and eat it’: EU council president on Brexit October 21, 2020
- Trump’s Closing Message is Full Authoritarianism | NowThis October 21, 2020
- Tim O’Brien: Trump’s Reported Chinese Bank Account Is A National Security Threat | The Last Word October 21, 2020
- NYT Exposes Trump Chinese Bank Account, Millions In China-Connected Deals While President October 21, 2020
- Trump called CNN ‘bastards’ for covering Covid-19. Hear Keilar’s response October 21, 2020
- Fauci on his media restrictions, Trump contracting COVID, masks, voting and more October 21, 2020
- Trump abruptly ends ’60 Minutes’ solo interview October 21, 2020
- How America could lose its allies | 2020 Election October 21, 2020
- How to Stop Trump from Stealing the Election | Robert Reich October 21, 2020
- The Good Shepherd Official Trailer October 20, 2020
- Novum Organum ‘New Method’: Francis Bacon October 20, 2020
- Sen. Cory Gardner Spreads Climate Conspiracies | NowThis October 20, 2020
- How Two Ex-Green Berets Were Lured Into A Disastrous Failed Coup In Venezuela October 20, 2020
- If you adults won’t save the world, we will | Xiye Bastida October 20, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — October 20, 2020 October 20, 2020
- “A Fire That Has Spread Across the Country”: Jelani Cobb on Voter Suppression in the 2020 Election October 20, 2020
- “A Blow Against Neoliberalism”: Socialist Wins Bolivia Election a Year After Coup Ousted Evo Morales October 20, 2020
- Equity and Justice in Carbon Removal October 19, 2020
- Joe’s Climate Plan October 19, 2020
- “Totally Under Control”: New documentary explores Trump administration’s COVID-19 failure October 19, 2020
Daily Archives: March 15, 2018
Published on Mar 14, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Trump has tapped CIA Deputy Director Gina Haspel to replace outgoing CIA Director Mike Pompeo, after Pompeo was named to succeed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. Haspel was directly involved in the CIA’s torture program under George W. Bush. She was responsible for running a secret CIA black site in Thailand in 2002 where one prisoner was waterboarded 83 times and tortured in other ways. But she enjoys broad support, including from the intelligence community and Democrats in the Senate. For more, we speak with Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept.
Jeremy Scahill on Trump’s Cabinet Shakeup, the Mueller Probe & the Iraq War 15 Years Later
Published on Mar 15, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Extended conversation with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept. Scahill talks about Trump’s pick for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Erik Prince’s ties to China, Trump’s ties to Russia and the 15th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
Published on Mar 14, 2018
We asked the speakers at our Fossil Free Fast event in January what their vision for a Fossil Free world was. The responses blew us away.
Boston City TV
Published on Mar 12, 2018
A little snow and cold weather isn’t enough to stop the opening of the Dorchester Farmers Market. Mayor Walsh joins representatives from the Codman Square Health Center and Neighborhood Council at Dorchester’s Great Hall to celebrate the new season. It is the only winter market in the neighborhood, and has been operating every year since 2012.
By Justin Mikulka • Saturday, March 10, 2018 – 06:25
In January, ExxonMobil filed a legal petition seeking to depose more than a dozen city and county government officials in California, claiming that the municipal officials are defrauding investors by not fully disclosing the risks posed by climate change.
You read that right. Exxon is legally challenging cities and counties for not talking up the risks of climate change enough to the investors who purchase municipal bonds for those localities. Has Exxon had a change of heart and now become concerned about transparency and the impacts of climate change?
Let’s take a closer look.
Exxon is responding to the municipalities which have filed lawsuits seeking to hold Exxon and other oil companies accountable for the damages to their cities from sea level rise. Exxon’s legal petition is calling those lawsuits a “conspiracy” because — according to its petition — “A collection of special interests and opportunistic politicians are abusing law enforcement authority and legal process to impose their viewpoint on climate change.”
The oil giant goes on to say: “ExxonMobil finds itself directly in that conspiracy’s crosshairs. Even though it has long acknowledged the risks presented by climate change …”
Published on Aug 24, 2012
How and why America’s billionaire Koch Brothers are spending a fortune in support of a conservative political agenda.
Published on Apr 18, 2016
In his first “Meet the Press” interview, George Clooney defends the massive ticket price for the fundraisers he held for Hillary Clinton and talks about the so-called “bathroom law” in North Carolina.
Published on Feb 26, 2016
Investigative journalist Jane Mayer explains how the Koch brothers have used their billions to shift American policies to the far right.