Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Finding America: The Arrival of the First Americans May 24, 2022
- A Vision for Food Systems of the Future | Bold Actions For Food as a Force for Good May 24, 2022
- Food Systems Data Digital and Innovation Levers | Sustainable Development Impact Summit May 24, 2022
- Google, Facebook, Amazon – The rise of the mega-corporations | DW Documentary May 24, 2022
- The rise and fall of Pope Benedict XVI | DW Documentary May 24, 2022
- Watch live: How to avert a global food crisis? | World Economic Forum 2022 May 24, 2022
- Bold Actions Opening Plenary – Food Systems Outlook 2022 May 24, 2022
- Davos 2019 – Tackling the Growth Paradox May 24, 2022
- Preparing for the Next Pandemic | Davos | #WEF22 May 24, 2022
- Economic storm looming, leaders warn in Davos May 24, 2022
- Davos: How an elite meeting in the mountains became so divisive May 24, 2022
- Hiroshima: Dropping the Bomb | Nuclear May 24, 2022
- Biden will sacrifice green energy rhetoric to preserve economy, says George Will | On Balance with L May 24, 2022
- Walsh: “The Republican Party Is Not Savable” May 24, 2022
- A Shocking New Look at the 2008 Housing Crisis | Amanpour and Company May 24, 2022
- Ukraine war exacerbated climate change impact, say activists in Davos May 24, 2022
- Water shortages in Pakistan could lead to famine says environmentalist May 24, 2022
- Climate-Driven Heat Waves Increasing Inequality May 24, 2022
- INSIDE Criminology on Trump Featuring Gregg Barak May 24, 2022
- Bellosguardo, a reclusive heiress’ historic home May 24, 2022
- Iraqi citizen planned to kill George W. Bush in Dallas, charged with murder plot, federal documents May 24, 2022
- Soros Says Civilization May Not Survive Russia’s Invasion May 24, 2022
- UN’s World Food Program calls on Elon Musk and other billionaires to solve “global food crisis” May 24, 2022
- Satellite image leads to horrifying conclusion May 24, 2022
- Deep, frigid Antarctic waters move north May 24, 2022
- Biden Says U.S. Will Defend Taiwan as China Accuses U.S. of Forming “Indo-Pacific Version of NATO ” May 24, 2022
- The Entrepreneur Revolution: A global movement to accelerate progress on the SDGs May 24, 2022
- Safeguarding Our Planet and People | Davos | #WEF22 May 24, 2022
- Working Together for Peace May 24, 2022
- Energy Security and the European Green Deal May 24, 2022
- ‘Treat all refugees with the same compassion’ #AJOPINION May 24, 2022
- Pascoe Sabido: Nuclear energy and gas lobbyists need to kept far away from decision makers May 24, 2022
- Lewis Lapham: Can America Survive the Rule of a “Stupified Plutocracy”? May 24, 2022
- Why Do Americans Trust the “Davos Man” to Run the Economy? May 23, 2022
- “I was embarrassed to use my African name” – BBC Africa May 23, 2022
- How the soil healed wounded soldiers – a tale from Regenesis | George Monbiot May 23, 2022
- 6000-Year Cycle Ice “Mystery”, Space Weather | S0 News May.23.2022 May 23, 2022
- George W. Bush confuses Iraq with Ukraine in gaffe May 23, 2022
- George W. Bush Mixes Up Ukraine With Iraq In Big Freudian Slip May 22, 2022
- ‘Unjustified, brutal’: Bush on 2003 Iraq invasion. Oops Ukraine. ‘Confession’, say netizens May 22, 2022
- Can desalination solve the global water crisis? May 22, 2022
- Is the population of birds declining? | The Hindu – YouTube May 22, 2022
- Why has Iraq turned orange? | The Hindu May 22, 2022
- White-only South African town nostalgic for apartheid | Focus • FRANCE 24 English May 22, 2022
- Apollo 13: ‘Houston, We’ve Had a Problem’ May 22, 2022
- What you could be eating by 2050 – BBC News May 22, 2022
- Davos 2022: What to expect from the World Economic Forum’s most consequential meeting in 50 years May 22, 2022
- Will the Labor government put climate change at the forefront? | Inside Story May 22, 2022
- Worst floods in 20 years in parts of Bangladesh and India | DW News May 22, 2022
- Wasted. When Trash Becomes Treasure – Digital book launch & talk on Vimeo May 22, 2022
Daily Archives: March 15, 2018
Published on Mar 14, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Trump has tapped CIA Deputy Director Gina Haspel to replace outgoing CIA Director Mike Pompeo, after Pompeo was named to succeed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. Haspel was directly involved in the CIA’s torture program under George W. Bush. She was responsible for running a secret CIA black site in Thailand in 2002 where one prisoner was waterboarded 83 times and tortured in other ways. But she enjoys broad support, including from the intelligence community and Democrats in the Senate. For more, we speak with Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept.
Jeremy Scahill on Trump’s Cabinet Shakeup, the Mueller Probe & the Iraq War 15 Years Later
Published on Mar 15, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Extended conversation with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept. Scahill talks about Trump’s pick for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Erik Prince’s ties to China, Trump’s ties to Russia and the 15th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
Published on Mar 14, 2018
We asked the speakers at our Fossil Free Fast event in January what their vision for a Fossil Free world was. The responses blew us away.
Boston City TV
Published on Mar 12, 2018
A little snow and cold weather isn’t enough to stop the opening of the Dorchester Farmers Market. Mayor Walsh joins representatives from the Codman Square Health Center and Neighborhood Council at Dorchester’s Great Hall to celebrate the new season. It is the only winter market in the neighborhood, and has been operating every year since 2012.
By Justin Mikulka • Saturday, March 10, 2018 – 06:25
In January, ExxonMobil filed a legal petition seeking to depose more than a dozen city and county government officials in California, claiming that the municipal officials are defrauding investors by not fully disclosing the risks posed by climate change.
You read that right. Exxon is legally challenging cities and counties for not talking up the risks of climate change enough to the investors who purchase municipal bonds for those localities. Has Exxon had a change of heart and now become concerned about transparency and the impacts of climate change?
Let’s take a closer look.
Exxon is responding to the municipalities which have filed lawsuits seeking to hold Exxon and other oil companies accountable for the damages to their cities from sea level rise. Exxon’s legal petition is calling those lawsuits a “conspiracy” because — according to its petition — “A collection of special interests and opportunistic politicians are abusing law enforcement authority and legal process to impose their viewpoint on climate change.”
The oil giant goes on to say: “ExxonMobil finds itself directly in that conspiracy’s crosshairs. Even though it has long acknowledged the risks presented by climate change …”
Published on Aug 24, 2012
How and why America’s billionaire Koch Brothers are spending a fortune in support of a conservative political agenda.
Published on Apr 18, 2016
In his first “Meet the Press” interview, George Clooney defends the massive ticket price for the fundraisers he held for Hillary Clinton and talks about the so-called “bathroom law” in North Carolina.
Published on Feb 26, 2016
Investigative journalist Jane Mayer explains how the Koch brothers have used their billions to shift American policies to the far right.