Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Robbed of culture and heritage: Canada’s Indigenous peoples | DW Documentary November 27, 2021
- Portugal – Modern slavery for an EU passport | DW Documentary November 27, 2021
- Toxic chemicals – A menace to bees and farmland | DW Documentary November 27, 2021
- Prison November 27, 2021
- Patrick C. Penfield talks about food supply chain problems November 27, 2021
- What is a Wellbeing Economy November 27, 2021
- Herman Daly’s Economics for a Full World | Book launch event, Nov 2021 November 26, 2021
- Science Update: U.S. Military Unprepared for Climate Change November 26, 2021
- John Lithgow: A Confederacy of Dumptys November 26, 2021
- Four Horsemen – Feature Documentary – Official Version November 26, 2021
- Indian farmers continue protests until agricultural laws officially repealed November 25, 2021
- Will Trump Run Again? – Dr. Mary L. Trump – Conversations w/ Great Minds Part One November 25, 2021
- New Ken Burns Documentary Looks At History Of Sand Creek Massacre November 25, 2021
- What Do We Do About Autocrats? – Dr. Mary L. Trump – Conversations w/ Great Minds Part Two November 25, 2021
- In Conversation: Ambassador Bob Rae (1969) and Professor Harold Hongju Koh November 25, 2021
- Derivatives still a ticking time bomb! Sept 2011 November 25, 2021
- Who is Brooksley Born November 25, 2021
- Frontline: The Warning – Documentary November 25, 2021
- Money, Power and Wall Street: Part One (full documentary) | FRONTLINE November 25, 2021
- Is China Really a Threat? Noam Chomsky Slams Biden For Increasingly Provocative Actions in Region November 24, 2021
- Nikole Hannah-Jones on “The 1619 Project,” Teaching Critical Race Theory & White Suprem acy on Trial November 24, 2021
- “The War Party”: Jeremy Scahill on How U.S. Militarism Unifies Democrats & Republicans November 24, 2021
- Can You Bankrupt White Supremacy? Jury Holds Charlottesville Organizers Liable for $26M in Damages November 24, 2021
- Dramatic Video Shows Militarized Canadian Police Raid Wet’suwet’en Land Defenders & Journali sts November 24, 2021
- The Law & The Profits vs. Natural Law & The Prophet: Herman Daly & the Future of the Human Prospect November 24, 2021
- “Miseducation”: How Fossil Fuel Lobbyists Push Climate Denialism to Kids in U.S. Schools November 22, 2021
- Angela Davis: “Forces of White Supremacy” Are Behind Attacks on Teaching Critical Race Theory – November 22, 2021
- “Red Flags Everywhere:” Why Did the FBI Dismiss Jan. 6 Warnings? | Amanpour and Company November 21, 2021
- Man At Center Of GOP Vote Fraud Hype Lied, Pleads Guilty November 21, 2021
- Primary School Teachers vs Parents | Live at the Apollo – BBC November 21, 2021
- The Norwegian Paradox – oil in Angola November 21, 2021
- The Kongo Empire & The Thirty Years War November 21, 2021
- ‘Loot:Britain and the Benin Bronzes’ by Barnaby Phillips November 20, 2021
- UK university’s return of looted Benin Bronze puts pressure on other institutions November 20, 2021
- The Benin Bronzes: Towards the Resolution of a Long-Standing Dispute? November 20, 2021
- THE GREAT LUNDA EMPIRE! CONGOLESE PRE-COLONIAL KINGDOMS SERIES EP4 | AFRICAN HISTORY November 20, 2021
- Kongo “Power and Majesty” exhibition at Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY November 20, 2021
- THE STORY OF THE KINGDOM OF KONGO! KONGO DIA NTOTILA! CONGOLESE PRE-COLONIAL KINGDOMS SERIES EP3 November 20, 2021
- The City of Mbanza Kongo Africas Great Civilizations November 20, 2021
- John Thornton, ‘Religion, the Kingdom of Kongo and The Slave Trade’ November 20, 2021
- Creating a masterpiece for climate action: more than words event at COP26 November 20, 2021
- I’ve studied nuclear war for 35 years — you should be worried. | Brian Toon | TEDxMileHigh November 20, 2021
- The insanity of nuclear deterrence | Robert Green | TEDxChristchurch November 20, 2021
- Democracy’s Only Hope Is To Jail Big Oil CEOs November 20, 2021
- Visualizing Empire: Africa, Europe, and the Politics of Representation (Issues & Debates)| Rebecca Peabody, Steven Nelson, Dominic Thomas November 20, 2021
- The Rise and Expansion of the Lunda Empire | John Thornton November 20, 2021
- MFA Boston union employees strike over wages and stalled negotiations | WBUR News November 18, 2021
- Liberal Hypocrisy is Fueling American Inequality. Here’s How. | NYT Opinion November 17, 2021
- A ticket to the moon | DW Documentary November 17, 2021
- Ari Berman: With Extreme Gerrymandering, the Republicans Are Rigging the Next Decade of Elections November 17, 2021
Daily Archives: March 15, 2018
Published on Mar 14, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Trump has tapped CIA Deputy Director Gina Haspel to replace outgoing CIA Director Mike Pompeo, after Pompeo was named to succeed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. Haspel was directly involved in the CIA’s torture program under George W. Bush. She was responsible for running a secret CIA black site in Thailand in 2002 where one prisoner was waterboarded 83 times and tortured in other ways. But she enjoys broad support, including from the intelligence community and Democrats in the Senate. For more, we speak with Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept.
Jeremy Scahill on Trump’s Cabinet Shakeup, the Mueller Probe & the Iraq War 15 Years Later
Published on Mar 15, 2018
https://democracynow.org – Extended conversation with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of The Intercept. Scahill talks about Trump’s pick for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Erik Prince’s ties to China, Trump’s ties to Russia and the 15th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
Published on Mar 14, 2018
We asked the speakers at our Fossil Free Fast event in January what their vision for a Fossil Free world was. The responses blew us away.
Boston City TV
Published on Mar 12, 2018
A little snow and cold weather isn’t enough to stop the opening of the Dorchester Farmers Market. Mayor Walsh joins representatives from the Codman Square Health Center and Neighborhood Council at Dorchester’s Great Hall to celebrate the new season. It is the only winter market in the neighborhood, and has been operating every year since 2012.
By Justin Mikulka • Saturday, March 10, 2018 – 06:25
In January, ExxonMobil filed a legal petition seeking to depose more than a dozen city and county government officials in California, claiming that the municipal officials are defrauding investors by not fully disclosing the risks posed by climate change.
You read that right. Exxon is legally challenging cities and counties for not talking up the risks of climate change enough to the investors who purchase municipal bonds for those localities. Has Exxon had a change of heart and now become concerned about transparency and the impacts of climate change?
Let’s take a closer look.
Exxon is responding to the municipalities which have filed lawsuits seeking to hold Exxon and other oil companies accountable for the damages to their cities from sea level rise. Exxon’s legal petition is calling those lawsuits a “conspiracy” because — according to its petition — “A collection of special interests and opportunistic politicians are abusing law enforcement authority and legal process to impose their viewpoint on climate change.”
The oil giant goes on to say: “ExxonMobil finds itself directly in that conspiracy’s crosshairs. Even though it has long acknowledged the risks presented by climate change …”
Published on Aug 24, 2012
How and why America’s billionaire Koch Brothers are spending a fortune in support of a conservative political agenda.
Published on Apr 18, 2016
In his first “Meet the Press” interview, George Clooney defends the massive ticket price for the fundraisers he held for Hillary Clinton and talks about the so-called “bathroom law” in North Carolina.
Published on Feb 26, 2016
Investigative journalist Jane Mayer explains how the Koch brothers have used their billions to shift American policies to the far right.