Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- A World Without Water (Environmental Catastrophe Documentary) January 17, 2018
- Struggle over the Nile – Masters no more January 17, 2018
- (no title) January 17, 2018
- Is The Nile Running Dry? January 17, 2018
- Ethiopia’s dam: a source of conflict or cooperation? – Inside Story January 17, 2018
- US: Donald Trump spends MLK Day golfing in Florida January 17, 2018
- Egypt-Ethiopia tensions over new dam rise again January 17, 2018
- Senegal 🇸🇳: Army targets rebel hideouts in Casamance region January 17, 2018
- Citing ‘Inexcusable’ Treatment, Advisers Quit National Parks Panel – The New York Times January 16, 2018
- Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered to testify in Russia probe January 16, 2018
- DHS Secretary Grilled Over Trump Language January 16, 2018
- New Penn State course analyzes the ethics of climate change | Borough | collegian.psu.edu January 16, 2018
- Reports: Pentagon Preparing for War with N. Korea & Developing New Nuclear Weapons January 16, 2018
- MLK Day Special: Pioneering Actress & Writer Issa Rae in Conversation with Amy Goodman January 16, 2018
- “People Want Peace, but US Wants War to Sell Arms” January 16, 2018
- Gaza Doctor Izzeldin Abuelaish Two Years After Israeli Attack That Killed 3 Daughters & Niece January 16, 2018
- The Phone Call That Shocked Israel to its Core January 16, 2018
- Energy By the Numbers: Nuclear Energy January 16, 2018
- Newly Discovered 1964 MLK Speech on Civil Rights, Segregation & Apartheid South Africa January 15, 2018
- Hawaii’s false missile alarm the fault of worker January 15, 2018
- Speakers Take Aim at Trump During NY MLK Event January 15, 2018
- Trump took ‘victory lap’ after ‘shithole’ remark January 15, 2018
- Republicans Can’t Shake The Trump Brand Stench In 2018 January 15, 2018
- Is Donald Trump ‘playing with fire’ by backing Kurds in Syria 🇸🇾? | Inside Story January 15, 2018
- Raw: Ice Jams Cause Conn. Town to Evacuate January 15, 2018
- Snowpack Near Record Lows Spells Trouble for Western Water Supplies | InsideClimate News January 15, 2018
- Donald Trump is destroying his own presidency January 15, 2018
- The chocolate science hype machin January 15, 2018
- MLK III: American Dream Is ‘a Nightmare’ January 15, 2018
- Chris Cuomo HUMILIATES Kellyanne Conway For Being ‘Ignorant’ Defending Trump – Huge Argument January 15, 2018
- Anderson Cooper Gets Emotional Reacting To Trump’s Shameful New Statements On African Countries January 15, 2018
- Sen. Sanders: Trump’s ‘shithole’ comment appalling January 15, 2018
- Lawrence on President Trump ‘Shithole’ Comment: ‘Hating Is What He Does’ | The Last Word | MSNBC January 15, 2018
- If You Think Trump’s Bad Now, Just Wait Until His Babysitters Quit January 15, 2018
- Ethiopia to ease tensions with Egypt over Nile dam January 15, 2018
- UNBELIEVABLE! The Rise of Renewable Energy Worldwide is Accelerating Fast! January 15, 2018
- Cape of Storms to Come | “They were warned” January 14, 2018
- Will Cape Town be the first city to run out of water? – BBC News January 14, 2018
- In 1993 I warned about Cape Town running out of water – Terry Bell January 14, 2018
- Cape Town residents unhappy with proposed water levy January 14, 2018
- Earth’s Climate History from Glaciers and Ice Cores – Lonnie Thompson January 14, 2018
- Richard Alley – 4.6 Billion Years of Earth’s Climate History: The Role of CO2 January 14, 2018
- Geologists to tap Cape Town aquifers as alternative water source January 14, 2018
- How Are Egg Laying Hens And Dairy Cows Treated? with Hope Bohanec January 14, 2018
- BBC World Service – The Farming World, The Case for Biofuel from Anaerobic Digestion January 14, 2018
- BBC World Service – Newshour Extra, Should we chase economic growth? January 14, 2018
- The Global Water Crisis: Water Shortage Solutions with Brian Richter January 14, 2018
- Why societies collapse | Jared Diamond January 14, 2018
- Paul Gilding: The Earth is full January 14, 2018
- Overpopulation: Will we run out of space? BBC News January 14, 2018
Daily Archives: January 13, 2018
Published on May 5, 2017
This video provides a quick overview of climate change in Boston with interviews from Dr. Ellen Douglas and Dr. Paul Kirshen of the University of Massachusetts – Boston.
Simcoe County District School Board
Published on Jul 3, 2015
In May 2015, Dr. Michael Ungar shared what he has learned about resilience from young people around the world, that resilience depends on more than a young person’s individual capacity to overcome challenges. Resilience is also the ability of young people’s parents, teachers, mentors and other caregivers to successfully help youth navigate and negotiate for the supports they need to thrive. Troubling behaviors can be addressed by providing young people with nine sources of resilience: structure, consequences, parent-child connections, strong relationships with peers and adults, a powerful identity, a sense of control, a sense of belonging, spirituality and life purpose, fair and just treatment, and the safety and support children need to cope when problems overwhelm them. This event was part of the Circle of Learning Parent Academy offered by SCDSB’s Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) and made possible with the support of a Ministry of Education Parents Reaching Out grant.
Published on Jan 10, 2018
In Community Resilience and Education, Lesson 19 of the Think Resilience course, Richard Heinberg considers the essential ways that educators can better serve students today in order to prepare them to inherit a world of climate and economic chaos.
Watch the first six videos of the Think Resilience course for free: http://bit.ly/2sGib06
Or sign up for the course now to get immediate access to all 22 lessons: http://bit.ly/2j6IwVs
The organisation representing African countries has demanded that US President Donald Trump apologise after he reportedly called nations on the continent “shitholes”.
The group’s mission in Washington DC expressed its “shock, dismay and outrage” and said the Trump administration misunderstood Africans.
The US leader made the alleged remark in a Thursday meeting on immigration.
But Mr Trump has denied using the language reported.
He has been backed by two Republicans who were at the White House meeting, but Democratic Senator Dick Durbin said Mr Trump called African countries “shitholes” several times and used “racist” language.
On Friday, Mr Trump on Friday tweeted that his language he used at the private meeting with lawmakers to discuss immigration legislation had been “tough”.