Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Julian Assange’s attorney predicts espionage charges will be used against more journalists May 25, 2019
- Did Barr Lie About Exoneration? May 25, 2019
- WiFi Extenders Beat WiFi Repeaters Everytime – Learn how May 25, 2019
- How are youth forcing world leaders to act – Al Jazeera – Extinction Rebellion May 25, 2019
- Former AP journalist reflects on Tiananmen Square May 24, 2019
- Rampaging Climate Crushes Humans Like Bugs, and Just Getting Warmed Up May 24, 2019
- NYC students demand action on climate change May 24, 2019
- “India Loses Again, and the World Loses with It”: Siddhartha Deb on Mo di’s Landslide Re-election May 24, 2019
- Exclusive: Julian Assange’s Attorney Decries Espionage Charges as “Grave Threat to Press Freedom” May 24, 2019
- Jeremy Scahill: New Indictment of Assange Is Part of a Broader War on Journalism & Whistleblowers May 24, 2019
- Daniel Ellsberg: Espionage Charges Against Assange Are Most Significant Attack on Press in Decades May 24, 2019
- US declares ‘war on journalism,’ slaps Assange with 17 new charges May 24, 2019
- You’re watching Fox News. You just don’t know it. May 24, 2019
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. Roundtable May 23, 2019
- Finding Your Family Roots May 23, 2019
- Henry Louis Gates Discusses Ideological Divides Among Black Americans May 23, 2019
- Deadly overnight tornadoes spread damage across Missouri May 23, 2019
- The Toilet An unspoken History May 23, 2019
- Top 10 David Attenborough Series You NEED To Watch May 23, 2019
- BBC World Service – The Forum, The Moon from Earth May 23, 2019
- Anti-Capitalist Chronicles: Accumulation by Dispossession – David Harvey May 23, 2019
- How to Future-Proof Humanity | Paul Mason May 23, 2019
- Arundhati Roy on Narendra Modi, Indian elections and the rise of fake news May 23, 2019
- Albertan evacuees wait in limbo as crews battle out-of-control wildfire May 22, 2019
- Vandana Shiva On Strombo: Full Extended Interview May 22, 2019
- Where to Invade Next Official Trailer 1 (2016) – Michael Moore Documentary May 22, 2019
- Chicago’s New Mayor to End Water Shutoffs May 22, 2019
- The Point: Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator May 22, 2019
- What is Puerto Rico not getting? May 22, 2019
- Tornado Outbreak: The Role of Climate Change May 22, 2019
- If You Won’t, We Will: Youth Action on Climate May 21, 2019
- E.P.A. Plans to Get Thousands of Pollution Deaths Off the Books by Changing Its Math – The New York Times May 21, 2019
- Noam Chomsky – On Being Truly Educated May 21, 2019
- What happened when an Indian drug company offered affordable AIDS medication May 21, 2019
- Kids’ vegan diet: Conscious choice or child endangerment? May 21, 2019
- Oxford Green Week Talk: ‘Protecting the high seas’ with Prof Alex Rogers May 21, 2019
- 40 years of FAO in Nigeria May 21, 2019
- Trump’s Real Estate Dealings Needed a ‘Criminal Organization:’ Deutsche Bank May 20, 2019
- Protesters Call on Whitney Museum to Remove Tear Gas Manufacturer’s CEO from B oard May 20, 2019
- Australian Voters Choose Conservative PM Morrison Over Opponent Who Vowed to Tackle Climate Change May 20, 2019
- Evacuation ordered for High Level as Alberta wildfire approaches May 20, 2019
- Mission to Mars through the Moon May 20, 2019
- Through data-based food waste prevention, Leanpath helps #MoveTheDate, explains Steve Finn May 20, 2019
- Roger Entne discusses impact of US Huawei ban May 20, 2019
- Car-centric urban planning = major challenge to transforming mobility in the US ~ Tom Maguire, SFMTA May 20, 2019
- Trump’s Trade War (full film) | FRONTLINE May 20, 2019
- From Gallery to Reality (… and Back): The Display of Art and the Art of Display in the Digital Age | EV & N – 314 | CCTV May 20, 2019
- Chris Salisbury on Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s victory May 18, 2019
- Live: The Full Flower Blue Moon蓝月亮 May 18, 2019
- UN Chief on the Climate Frontlines – Tuvalu May 18, 2019
Daily Archives: January 13, 2018
Published on May 5, 2017
This video provides a quick overview of climate change in Boston with interviews from Dr. Ellen Douglas and Dr. Paul Kirshen of the University of Massachusetts – Boston.
Simcoe County District School Board
Published on Jul 3, 2015
In May 2015, Dr. Michael Ungar shared what he has learned about resilience from young people around the world, that resilience depends on more than a young person’s individual capacity to overcome challenges. Resilience is also the ability of young people’s parents, teachers, mentors and other caregivers to successfully help youth navigate and negotiate for the supports they need to thrive. Troubling behaviors can be addressed by providing young people with nine sources of resilience: structure, consequences, parent-child connections, strong relationships with peers and adults, a powerful identity, a sense of control, a sense of belonging, spirituality and life purpose, fair and just treatment, and the safety and support children need to cope when problems overwhelm them. This event was part of the Circle of Learning Parent Academy offered by SCDSB’s Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) and made possible with the support of a Ministry of Education Parents Reaching Out grant.
Published on Jan 10, 2018
In Community Resilience and Education, Lesson 19 of the Think Resilience course, Richard Heinberg considers the essential ways that educators can better serve students today in order to prepare them to inherit a world of climate and economic chaos.
Watch the first six videos of the Think Resilience course for free: http://bit.ly/2sGib06
Or sign up for the course now to get immediate access to all 22 lessons: http://bit.ly/2j6IwVs
The organisation representing African countries has demanded that US President Donald Trump apologise after he reportedly called nations on the continent “shitholes”.
The group’s mission in Washington DC expressed its “shock, dismay and outrage” and said the Trump administration misunderstood Africans.
The US leader made the alleged remark in a Thursday meeting on immigration.
But Mr Trump has denied using the language reported.
He has been backed by two Republicans who were at the White House meeting, but Democratic Senator Dick Durbin said Mr Trump called African countries “shitholes” several times and used “racist” language.
On Friday, Mr Trump on Friday tweeted that his language he used at the private meeting with lawmakers to discuss immigration legislation had been “tough”.