Written in 1971 to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Lewis Powell Memo was a blueprint for corporate domination of American Democracy.
A typescript PDF copy of the original Powell Memo, with footnotes, can be downloaded from the Greenpeace Investigations website. For more, see Greenpeace analyses of how Lewis Powell’s suggestions have impacted the realms of politics, judicial law, communications and education.
The full text of the Powell Memo is below:
And: the Liberal equivalent:
Noam Chomsky, “The Carter Administration: Myth and Reality,” Excerpted from Radical Priorities, 1981
Listen to Q&A, elaborating these two reports: from:
- Neoliberalism: An Accounting — Alternative Radio December 22, 2017, recorded at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, April 13, 2017.
- Managing Information – Controlling the Narrative: Manufacturing Consent Under Global Lockdown
- Brainwashing Media Commentaries – Edward S. Herman
- How Fox News and Right-Wing Media Brainwashed This Dad and Destroyed a Family | Opinions | NowThis
- Jen Senko: How Right Wing Media Divided the Country and Brainwashed My Dad – 2/19/17
- How Fox Brainwashed My Dad
- The Brainwashing of My Dad Trailer
- How Fox News Brainwashed Her Dad
- Noam Chomsky – Don’t Let Main Stream Media Brainwash You (2017)
- Peasants for Plutocracy: How the Billionaires Brainwashed America (Mini-Documentary)
- Brainwashing Media Commentaries – Noam Chomsky
- Excerpts from 2015 documentary, “The Brainwashing of My Dad” by Jen Senko
- A Yale psychiatrist reveals how Trump’s twisted and manipulative relationship with his supporters is a form of ‘brainwashing’ – Alternet.org