Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Washington NFL Team To Retire Its Name Today | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus: no return to normal ‘for the foreseeable future’, says WHO July 13, 2020
- Prof Chris Dye & Prof David Heymann: Preventing and controlling pandemics: from SARS to COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Disease surge out of control in some US states July 13, 2020
- Release of updated COVID-19 Global Humanitarian Response Plan (7 May 2020) July 13, 2020
- Launch of the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020 (SOFI) July 13, 2020
- Republican Ad Shreds Trump Supporters’ Use Of Confederate Flag July 13, 2020
- Republican Voters Against Trump Ad Uses Reagan’s Words | NowThis July 13, 2020
- One Day July 13, 2020
- Houston Doctor Says Coronavirus Situation Is ‘Dire’ | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- World Health Organization Holds Coronavirus Briefing | LIVE | NowThis July 13, 2020
- WATCH LIVE: The World Health Organization holds news conference on novel coronavirus July 13, 2020
- An Introduction to Some Resources to Track and Examine the Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic in Africa | EV&N 352 | CCTV July 13, 2020
- Trump’s Attempted Campaign Reboot Hits Another Snag | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- Why scientists are so worried about this glacier July 13, 2020
- XR America & Chris Hedges: The Moral Imperative to Rebel July 13, 2020
- Chris Hedges: Seeing Through Faux-Solidarity Performance Stunts Of Police Politicians & Corporations July 13, 2020
- Let’s not beat about the bush: Climate, Globalisation, and the State | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Trump Cancels Rally Over Fear Of Tropical Storm Fay | NowThis July 13, 2020
- WE WANT TO LIVE | UK REBELLION | 1st September 2020 | Extinction Rebellion July 13, 2020
- The Language of Protest | Open University | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Clare Farrell | No Fashion on a Dead Planet | Extinction Rebellion UK July 13, 2020
- Rift between Trump and Dr. Fauci goes back to April July 13, 2020
- As Virus Surges, WH Seeks To Discredit Dr. Fauci | Morning Joe | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- White House Works To Discredit Dr. Fauci As Coronavirus Surges in U.S. | MSNBC July 13, 2020
- A journey through 30 years supporting the struggle for food sovereignty July 13, 2020
- GRAINvideo – YouTube July 13, 2020
- BBC World Service – The Documentary, Summer with Greta July 13, 2020
- Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come July 13, 2020
- A year after outbreak, Ebola has killed hundreds in the DRC | PBS NewsHour Weekend July 13, 2020
- Reparations and the Wealth Gap – Open Source with Christopher Lydon July 13, 2020
- Investigating how the COVID-19 virus jumped from animals to humans July 12, 2020
- Wolff Responds: When Systems Implodes July 12, 2020
- Health Officials Confirm Trump’s Tulsa Rally Contributed To Spike In Covid 19 Cases July 12, 2020
- Karan Menon Explains Voter Suppression in Less Than 1 Minute | NowThis July 12, 2020
- The ivory trade – exploiting elephants and mammoths | DW Documentary July 12, 2020
- Wolff Responds: Unsafe Schools, Another System Failure July 12, 2020
- Chicago World’s Fair 1893 photographs Souvenir book portfolio profusely illustrated July 12, 2020
- China’s largest freshwater lake sees record water rise July 12, 2020
- New climate predictions assess global temperatures in coming five years – English – July 2020 July 12, 2020
- New climate predictions assess global temperatures in coming five years | World Meteorological Organization July 12, 2020
- Climate change: Global temperatures could exceed crucial 1.5 C target in the next five years – CNN July 12, 2020
- Cyprus is witness to global warming – Financial Mirror July 11, 2020
- Coronavirus: A Weekly Report from NPR News | WAMU July 11, 2020
- Coronavirus: Escaping to space in lockdown – BBC News July 11, 2020
- As Mary Trump’s Book Comes Out, President Appears To Flounder | MSNBC July 11, 2020
- CHINA-U.S. STRAIN: Where does the relationship go from here July 11, 2020
- Should the U.S. designate racial violence as terrorism? July 11, 2020
- Why Trump “got a win” from the Supreme Court on releasing his tax records July 11, 2020
- The Arctic Is Literally on Fire | NowThis July 11, 2020
Daily Archives: May 7, 2017
Uploaded on Apr 9, 2010
What makes a meal ethical, and how can we avoid foods that are bad for our health and the environment? Author Sandor Ellix Katz, peace activist Satish Kumar, fair-trade advocate Harriet Lamb, and human rights activist Helena Norberg-Hodge cover a host of popular movements, from locavorism to “slow food,” in the fifth session of the conference The Future of Food: Transatlantic Perspectives.
Hosted by The Institute for Human Sciences, BU Food and Wine Programs, MET Department of Gastronomy, and the Center for International Relations on May 9, 2009.
Published on Sep 11, 2012
Soil, Soul and Society – The Future of Food: Eat Like it Matters
Public Talk by Satish Kumar
Organiser: Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG)
Co-organisers: The Kadoorie Institute and Schumacher College
Moderator: Andrew McAulay, Chairperson of KFBG
Date: November 9th, 2011
Venue: Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong
Published on Sep 24, 2012
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Dr Shiva Vandana is a philosopher, environmental activist, eco feminist and author of several books. Dr Shiva, currently based in Delhi, is author of over 300 papers in leading scientific and technical journals and participated in the non-violent Chipko movement during the 1970s. The movement, some of whose main participants were women, adopted the approach of forming human circles around trees to prevent their felling. She is one of the leaders of the International Forum on Globalization and a figure of the global solidarity movement known as the alter-globalization movement.
Dr Shiva has fought for changes in the practice and paradigms of agriculture and food. Intellectual property rights, biodiversity, biotechnology, bioethics, genetic engineering are among the fields where Dr Shiva has contributed intellectually and through activist campaigns. She has assisted grassroots organizations of the Green movement in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Ireland, Switzerland, and Austria including campaigns against genetic engineering. In 1982, she founded the Research Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology, which led to the creation of Navdanya. Her book, “Staying Alive” helped redefine perceptions of third world women.
Published on Apr 30, 2012
Satish Kumar is an internationally renowned speaker on ecological and spiritual issues. When he was only nine years old, Satish renounced the world and joined the wandering brotherhood of Jain monks. He left the monastic order and became a campaigner for land reform, working to turn Gandhi’s vision of a peaceful world into reality, before undertaking an 8,000 mile peace pilgrimage, walking from India to America without any money, through deserts, mountains, storms and snow.
Since 1973 he has been Editor at Resurgence magazine and his books include No Destination; You Are Therefore I Am; Spiritual Compass; Earth Pilgrim.
Satish teaches, lectures and runs workshops on reverential ecology, holistic education and voluntary simplicity. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorates in Education (2000), Literature (2001) and in 2009 an Honorary Doctorate of Law from the University of Exeter.
Satish has regularly contributed to Radio 4’s Thought for the Day and has appeared as a guest on Desert Island Discs. He featured in BBC2’s Natural World Series — Earth Pilgrim: A Spiritual Journey into the Landscape of Dartmoor. Satish is a Vice President at the RSPCA.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.