Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- China and the “New Scramble” for Africa: (What is “new” about this?) June 18, 2021
- Imperialism: The Robinson and Gallagher controversy: WM. Roger Louis (ed.) June 18, 2021
- G7 Nations To Offset China’s Belt & Road Initiative June 18, 2021
- Africa Is Bigger Than America! That Is Why China Does Not Care! June 18, 2021
- Inside the U.S. Capitol at the height of the siege | Visual Forensics June 18, 2021
- PBS – Empires (series) June 18, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, G7 summit: Spending plan to rival China adopted June 18, 2021
- mom says class assignment exposes liberal agenda in schools June 18, 2021
- How will China feed 1.4 billion people? China’s next big boom: AgriTech and FoodTech June 17, 2021
- Localnost, Lucia Grejtakova, World Localization Day 2021 June 17, 2021
- Queen hosts reception for world leaders June 17, 2021
- Queen and senior royals meet G7 leaders at Eden Project engagement | ITV News June 17, 2021
- Ex-president Gbagbo returns to Ivory Coast 10 years after arrest June 17, 2021
- Gravitas: G7 nations join forces to counter China’s BRI June 17, 2021
- The Indoctrination Of Our Kids Needs To Stop Yesterday! June 17, 2021
- Summer Institute 2016 | Pier June 17, 2021
- Eric Cline – The Collapse of Cities and Civilizations at the End of the Late Bronze Age June 17, 2021
- Ian Morris | Why the West Rules — For Now June 17, 2021
- Welcome to Rhodes Connect for Alumni June 15, 2021
- G7 nations fail to reach consensus on how to call out Beijing on human rights abuses | World News June 14, 2021
- G7 Summit: G7 approves global infrastructure plan to combat China | Latest World English News | WION June 14, 2021
- China’s Great Belt and Road Economic Initiative June 14, 2021
- G7: Biden says democracies in ‘contest with autocrats’ as G7 summit ends June 14, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden names, shames China after G7; announces plan to counter BRI June 14, 2021
- G7 Nations To Offset China’s Belt & Road Initiative June 14, 2021
- What G7’s Plan To Counter China’s Belt And Road Initiative Means For India June 14, 2021
- What’s behind the G7’s rival to China’s ‘Belt & Road’ initiative? | Inside Story June 14, 2021
- Biden urges unity among G7 leaders with global infrastructure plan to rival China June 14, 2021
- G7 rivals China with grand infrastructure plan June 14, 2021
- Creating French Culture: Treasures from the Bibliotheque nationale de France: Marie-Helene Tesniere and Prosser Gifford June 14, 2021
- A Celebration of William Gardner Smith’s THE STONE FACE June 14, 2021
- South Africa’s Covid Storm – BBC Africa Eye documentary June 14, 2021
- We Make It or We Die – BBC Africa Eye documentary June 14, 2021
- Economic Update: The Center Cannot Hold – YouTube June 14, 2021
- Cosmic Bombshell, Greenland Mystery, Brain Metal | S0 News Jun.14.2021 June 14, 2021
- “Our House Is on Fire”: Activists Urge G7 to Address Climate, Vaccine Apartheid & Poverty June 14, 2021
- GLOBALink | UK PM says “selfish, nationalistic approaches” marred initial fight against COVID-19 June 14, 2021
- Biden concludes first G-7 as president declaring ‘America is back at the table’ June 13, 2021
- Biden takes shot at Trump at G7 over downplaying the threat of climate change June 13, 2021
- China’s gateway to Europe – the New Silk Road | DW Documentary June 13, 2021
- Ten years after the Arab Spring, is there still hope for democracy? | DW Documentary June 13, 2021
- LIVE: XR at G7 – STILL Drowning in Promises June 13, 2021
- An endangered elephant herd is taking a mysterious trek in China. Are humans to blame? June 12, 2021
- Princess Anne awards Prince Philip Medal for the first time to a female engineer | ITV News June 12, 2021
- The Queen Uses Enormous Ceremonial Sword to Cut Royal Birthday Cake at Eden Project June 12, 2021
- ‘Enjoying yourself?’: Queen jokes with G7 leaders in family photo June 12, 2021
- Bernie Sanders on Reforming the Tax Code June 12, 2021
- Why 15 Elephants Went on a 500-km Journey in China June 12, 2021
- Why A Herd Of Elephants Is Crossing Thousands Of Miles In A Rare Journey Through Southwest China June 12, 2021
- ‘Ring of fire’ | Incredible solar eclipse June 12, 2021
Daily Archives: May 7, 2017
Uploaded on Apr 9, 2010
What makes a meal ethical, and how can we avoid foods that are bad for our health and the environment? Author Sandor Ellix Katz, peace activist Satish Kumar, fair-trade advocate Harriet Lamb, and human rights activist Helena Norberg-Hodge cover a host of popular movements, from locavorism to “slow food,” in the fifth session of the conference The Future of Food: Transatlantic Perspectives.
Hosted by The Institute for Human Sciences, BU Food and Wine Programs, MET Department of Gastronomy, and the Center for International Relations on May 9, 2009.
Published on Sep 11, 2012
Soil, Soul and Society – The Future of Food: Eat Like it Matters
Public Talk by Satish Kumar
Organiser: Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG)
Co-organisers: The Kadoorie Institute and Schumacher College
Moderator: Andrew McAulay, Chairperson of KFBG
Date: November 9th, 2011
Venue: Rayson Huang Theatre, The University of Hong Kong
Published on Sep 24, 2012
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Dr Shiva Vandana is a philosopher, environmental activist, eco feminist and author of several books. Dr Shiva, currently based in Delhi, is author of over 300 papers in leading scientific and technical journals and participated in the non-violent Chipko movement during the 1970s. The movement, some of whose main participants were women, adopted the approach of forming human circles around trees to prevent their felling. She is one of the leaders of the International Forum on Globalization and a figure of the global solidarity movement known as the alter-globalization movement.
Dr Shiva has fought for changes in the practice and paradigms of agriculture and food. Intellectual property rights, biodiversity, biotechnology, bioethics, genetic engineering are among the fields where Dr Shiva has contributed intellectually and through activist campaigns. She has assisted grassroots organizations of the Green movement in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Ireland, Switzerland, and Austria including campaigns against genetic engineering. In 1982, she founded the Research Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology, which led to the creation of Navdanya. Her book, “Staying Alive” helped redefine perceptions of third world women.
Published on Apr 30, 2012
Satish Kumar is an internationally renowned speaker on ecological and spiritual issues. When he was only nine years old, Satish renounced the world and joined the wandering brotherhood of Jain monks. He left the monastic order and became a campaigner for land reform, working to turn Gandhi’s vision of a peaceful world into reality, before undertaking an 8,000 mile peace pilgrimage, walking from India to America without any money, through deserts, mountains, storms and snow.
Since 1973 he has been Editor at Resurgence magazine and his books include No Destination; You Are Therefore I Am; Spiritual Compass; Earth Pilgrim.
Satish teaches, lectures and runs workshops on reverential ecology, holistic education and voluntary simplicity. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorates in Education (2000), Literature (2001) and in 2009 an Honorary Doctorate of Law from the University of Exeter.
Satish has regularly contributed to Radio 4’s Thought for the Day and has appeared as a guest on Desert Island Discs. He featured in BBC2’s Natural World Series — Earth Pilgrim: A Spiritual Journey into the Landscape of Dartmoor. Satish is a Vice President at the RSPCA.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.