American military posturing in the Far East has become worrisome because of the nuclear weaponry involved on all sides. In addition, we are witnessing a dangerous resurgence of government support for the nuclear power industry — despite the enduring disaster in Fukushima and the bankruptcy of the Westinghouse Electric Company in America.
Ecosystem scientists argue that nuclear power and nuclear weapons must be abandoned and dismantled for the safety of the entire human community. The Chernobyl “accident,” the ongoing Fukushima tragedy and the long-term impact of depleted uranium (DU) munitions pollution in the Middle East all make this abundantly apparent to the world community. Nevertheless, desperate political leaders continue to promote the opportunity to divert tax-payer funds toward “profitable investments” both in new generations of nuclear weapons arsenals or in publicly guaranteed and highly subsidized nuclear power plants.
In response, citizens and scientists are mobilizing against this large-scale perversion of political power that has been mobilized by political and military elites to support nuclear expansion and proliferation as well as the public subsidy of the moribund nuclear power industry.
Concerning geo-engineering see:
- Betting the World’s Future: Geo-engineering and the Cost of High-Stakes Gambling in an Age of Desperation
See further discussion of nuclear and U.S. defense gestures in Asia:
and wider context of Asia-Pacific and North Korea nuclear weaponry discussions.
- Racing To The Precipice: Prof Noam Chomsky (March 2017)
- John Pilger on the Threat of World War Three
- John Pilger – The Truth Game
- Director John Pilger: Disastrous consequences if US proceeds with “policy of provocation”
- Noam Chomsky – Don’t Let Main Stream Media Brainwash You (2017)
- No President Should Have Absolute Authority to Launch Nuclear Weapons – Union of Concerned Scientists
- Trump presidency ‘opens door’ to planet-hacking geoengineer experiments | The Guardian
- Former Secretary of Defense Ash Carter to Lead New Technology and Global Affairs Effort at Harvard Kennedy School | Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Urge Congress to Limit the President’s Power to Start a Nuclear War – Union of Concerned Scientists
- Japanese Company May Invest ‘Billions’ In US Nuclear Power | The Daily Caller
- Should We Be Worried About President Trump And Nuclear Weapons?
- Donald Trump On Nuclear Weapons
- Fukushima Revisited – Dr. Michio Kaku – Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Facility Is A “Ticking Time Bomb”
- Fukushima: Beyond Urgent
- Inside Fukushima’s Time Bomb -101 East
- Fukushima Truth!!
- Fukushima Is Still Melting Down…
- The monumental Trouble at Fukushima, From Bad to Worse
- How Fukushima Dalichi Nuclear Facility is ticking Time Bomb
- Nuclear Ticking Time Bomb 28 Miles From NYC
- Oil Industry Misleading Shareholders on Future Fossil Fuel Demand, Report Says
- Trump Greenlights Arms Sales to Bahrain and Many Other Countries
For an update on these issues see: