Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Consequential week in impeachment inquiry – The Day That Was | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- MPs back Brexit deal delay – BBC News October 19, 2019
- Trump’s Claim Kurds Are Happy: ‘It’s Simply Absurd, Cruel, It Makes H im Stupid’ | Deadline | MSNBC October 19, 2019
- GOP lawmaker on quid pro quo: It’s serious and troubling October 19, 2019
- John Kasich calls for Trump’s impeachment: I say it with great sadness October 19, 2019
- Nancy Pelosi: Trump had a meltdown in meeting October 19, 2019
- The “Doctrine of Discovery” justified indigenous genocide in 1493. Here’s why it must be retracted. October 19, 2019
- Why Most Americans Want To See “Far Left” Policies? October 18, 2019
- Nili Gilbert on sustainable, long-term investing October 18, 2019
- John Kasich on supporting impeachment and the question Trump voters should ask themselves October 18, 2019
- Have Humans Fucked It All Up? | John Seed a Deep Ecology Perspective October 18, 2019
- Jane Fonda returns to civil disobedience for climate change October 18, 2019
- Greta met by supporters, critics in Alberta October 18, 2019
- XR TV 18 October 2019: Closing Ceremony October 18, 2019
- What on Earth Have We Done? | We Need to Act Now! | Extinction Rebellion October 18, 2019
- How impeachment inquiry and Senate trial could unfold October 17, 2019
- Rachel Maddow On Corruption In the Oil And Gas Industry | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- White House confirms aid to Ukraine contingent on 2016 election probe October 17, 2019
- Retired admiral: America is under attack from Trump October 17, 2019
- China a Rising Destination for Higher Education October 17, 2019
- Rep. Adam Smith On Trump’s Meeting Meltdown: ‘Very Dismissive And Very Insulting’ | All In | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- Trump Has ‘Meltdown’ As Giuliani Faces Criminal Probe | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC October 17, 2019
- The great death of insects | DW Documentary (Ecology documentary) October 17, 2019
- IMF lowers forecasts over trade battles October 17, 2019
- The Honorable Rosa DeLauro – Chubb Fellowship Address – October 2019 October 17, 2019
- Your ketchup might be from NW China’s Xinjiang October 17, 2019
- Trump Admin Proposes Opening Up Tongass National Forest to Logging October 17, 2019
- Homewreckers: How Wall Street, Banks & Trump’s Inner Circle Used the 2008 Housing Cras h to Get Rich October 17, 2019
- BBC News | Clare Farrell | 17.10.2019 | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- Jay Griffiths, “What we’re doing is utterly utterly necessary and right…” | Extinction Rebellion October 17, 2019
- What Ancient Climate Can Teach Us About Today’s Crisis October 17, 2019
- Black Tudors: Three Untold Stories October 17, 2019
- “Meltdown”: Trump Defends Syria Withdrawal as House Votes 354 to 60 to Condemn His Actions October 17, 2019
- While Angels Weep… Doing Theology on a Small Planet October 17, 2019
- Wilderness and Paradise in Chistian Thought: George H. Williams October 17, 2019
- Greta Thunberg gets mixed reaction upon arrival in Alberta October 16, 2019
- The Evolutionary History of Plants | From Plant To Planet with Nellie Nilsen | BBC Earth October 16, 2019
- Jeff Goodell on American Climate Refugees – the New Joads October 16, 2019
- Motivated Sellers: Disaster Capitalism in the Bahamas, Coming to a Neighborhood near You | Climate Denial Crock of the Week October 16, 2019
- Who bought Ecuador’s president? October 15, 2019
- The New Feudalism October 15, 2019
- Space capitalism: Is asteroid mining and space colonization legal? | Peter Ward October 15, 2019
- How to Save the Natural World: The Problem October 15, 2019
- We need to track the world’s water like we track the weather | Sonaar Luthra October 15, 2019
- Action on Climate Change: The Sustainable Growth Story of the 21st Century October 15, 2019
- “Measuring poverty around the world” – Tony Atkinson October 15, 2019
- Communities Celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day from Coast to Coast October 15, 2019
- Ecuador: Indigenous Protests Force Government to Cancel IMF Loan October 15, 2019
- Japan: 40 Have Died in Typhoon Hagibis October 15, 2019
- Appeals Court Rules Trump Must Turn Over Financial Records + Video Shows Fake Trump Shooting Journalists, Political Rivals + Fox News’ Shepard Smith Has Quit Network October 15, 2019
Daily Archives: December 27, 2016
The Ring of Fire Published on Dec 27, 2016
Published on Sep 3, 2016
Elegance and Decadence – The Age of the Regency Pt 3
Published on Dec 27, 2016
MST’s Gilmar Mauro on the struggle to build a mass organization as an alternative to fascism amidst Brazil’s ongoing political crisis
Published on Dec 27, 2016
As an engineer working abroad in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, Ahmad Ayash and his wife Fatmeh enjoyed a good life in Syria. But when the war broke out, the family left everything behind. Arriving to the quiet fishing village of Lunenburg, Ahmad began work as his kids settled into school.
David Friendly, the lead of the private sponsor group responsible for the family, spoke with Ahmad many times on Skype before the family’s arrival and felt an instant connection.
David dropped hints to Ahmad that he was Jewish- a fact he worried might make the Syrians wary upon arrival. But he was forthright when they first met- and he says Ahmad sees them as long-lost cousins. “We understand each other more- on a deeper level- because of this shared history from the region,” says David.
Now, the family is determined to be a part of the small, close-knit community. Equally, they’ve been embraced by the residents- highlighting the long history of Maritime communities welcoming immigrants and refugees.
Information for media:
If you would like to use this video to communicate refugee stories or require B-Roll, transcripts, stills or much more information, please contact us at drozditb or tibaw.
Keep up to date with our latest videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/unhcr?su…
UNHCR, the UN refugee agency, works to protect and assist those fleeing war and persecution. Since 1950, we have helped tens of millions of people find safety and rebuild their lives. With your support, we can restore hope for many more.
Read more at http://UNHCR.org
Support our work with refugees now by subscribing to this channel, liking this video and sharing it with your friends and contacts. Thanks so much for your help.
By ADAM NAGOURNEY and HENRY FOUNTAIN December 26, 2016
LOS ANGELES — Foreign governments concerned about climate change may soon be spending more time dealing with Sacramento than Washington.
President-elect Donald J. Trump has packed his cabinet with nominees who dispute the science of global warming. He has signaled he will withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement. He has belittled the notion of global warming and attacked policies intended to combat it.
But California — a state that has for 50 years been a leader in environmental advocacy — is about to step unto the breach. In a show of defiance, Gov. Jerry Brown, a Democrat, and legislative leaders said they would work directly with other nations and states to defend and strengthen what were already far and away the most aggressive policies to fight climate change in the nation. That includes a legislatively mandated target of reducing carbon emissions in California to 40 percent below 1990 levels by 2030.