Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- 1831 Proposal for a Black College in New Haven with Michael Morand: Mondays at Beinecke 9/13/21 September 27, 2021
- Gina’s Journey: The Search for William Grimes September 27, 2021
- Haitian Revolution September 26, 2021
- Looking Back: Farmers’ Agitation Thus Far September 26, 2021
- Solar Wind Watch, Cascadia, Jets, The Core, Mars | S0 News Sep.26.2021 September 26, 2021
- Tsunami visualization September 25, 2021
- MEGATSUNAMI Full Documentary September 25, 2021
- Will climate change cause earthquakes? September 25, 2021
- Waking the Giant: How a changing climate triggers earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes: Bill McGuire September 25, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario September 25, 2021
- Magma is Moving Underneath La Palma / Cumbre Vieja; Canary Islands Volcano September 25, 2021
- Video Shows Lava Erupting from La Palma Volcano September 25, 2021
- Emergency team monitors La Palma lava destruction September 25, 2021
- Cystic fibrosis drug: ‘I feel I’ve been given a second chance at life’ – BBC News September 25, 2021
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis on rise in Northern Ireland – BBC News September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Is this Germany’s climate election? September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, Climate change and the German election September 25, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, UK Prime Minister: Humanity is reaching a “turning point” on climate change September 25, 2021
- 🇳🇬 Nigeria – President Addresses United Nations General Debate, 76th Session (English) | #UNGA September 24, 2021
- House Democrats Are Scared to Tax Billionaires – That’s a Costly Mistake September 24, 2021
- These are the asteroids to worry about September 24, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide September 24, 2021
- Naked Science – Landslides September 24, 2021
- Massive Crater Discovered Under Greenland Ice September 24, 2021
- Arctic Sea Ice 2021 – NASA September 24, 2021
- Climates, Landscapes, and Civilizations: Giosan, Liviu, Fuller, Dorian Q., Nicoll, Kathleen, Flad, Rowan K., Clift, Peter D. September 23, 2021
- Palaeoepidemiology September 23, 2021
- Mediterranean Voyages: The Archaeology of Island Colonisation and Abandonment (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications): Helen Dawson September 23, 2021
- Archaeology of African Plant Use (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications) 1, Stevens, Chris J, Nixon, Sam, Murray, Mary Anne, Fuller, Dorian Q. September 23, 2021
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications (67 books) Kindle Edition September 23, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, A month away from UN Climate Summit September 23, 2021
- The Making of the Middle Sea: A History of the Mediterranean from the Beginning to the Emergence of the Classical World: Cyprian Broodbank September 23, 2021
- John William Ward: An American Idealist: Kim Townsend September 23, 2021
- June 2015: John William Ward: An American Idealist By Kim Townsend | 2015 Features | Amherst College September 23, 2021
- The Agrarian Studies Program at Yale University: An Oral History September 21, 2021
- Bill Gates on vaccine equity, boosters, climate, his foundation and Epstein meetings September 21, 2021
- La Palma volcano engulfs village minutes after residents flee their homes – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Big Pharma – How much power do drug companies have? | DW Documentary September 21, 2021
- Children are facing a nutrition crisis | UNICEF September 21, 2021
- Climate Status: Dire and Worsening: According to BAMS Report September 21, 2021
- Stephen H. Grant – Biography of Peter Strickland September 21, 2021
- IPCC WGI Interactive Atlas September 21, 2021
- Climate change IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’, UN scientists say – BBC News September 21, 2021
- The latest IPCC report explained in 7.5 minutes September 21, 2021
- IPCC – Sixth Assessment Report – AR6 – Working Group I September 21, 2021
- Climate change: IPCC report is ‘code red for humanity’ – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate change: UN warning over nations’ climate plans – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Climate reporting reaches melting point – BBC News September 21, 2021
- Canary Islands volcano: Hundreds more evacuated as La Palma lava nears sea – BBC News September 21, 2021
- COVID-19 death toll in US surpasses 1918 pandemic deaths; experts say it didn ’t have to happen – The Boston Globe September 21, 2021
Daily Archives: December 1, 2016
December 01, 2016
By Daniel Zwerdling
An Army review concludes that commanders did nothing wrong when they kicked out more than 22,000 soldiers for misconduct after they came back from Iraq or Afghanistan – even though all of those troops had been diagnosed with mental health problems or brain injuries.
The Army’s report, ordered by Secretary Eric Fanning, seeks to reassure members of Congress that it’s treating wounded soldiers fairly. But senators and military specialists say the report troubles them.
“I don’t think the Army understands the scope of this problem,” says Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn. “And I don’t think they’ve conveyed the seriousness to get it right.”
The Army’s report is “unbelievable,” says psychiatrist Judith Broder. “It’s just bizarre.” Broder was awarded the Presidential Citizens Medal by President Obama for organizing the Soldiers Project, a network of hundreds of psychotherapists and others who help troops and their families.
Exxon Mobil’s climate policy is under attack from its founding family, the Rockefellers. They’re with us. So is Exxon.
December 01, 2016
John D. Rockefeller founded the company that became Exxon Mobil, the world’s largest oil company. Now the heirs to John D are in a mighty tangle with Exxon Mobil. They accuse it of knowing and hiding the fact that fossil fuels were deeply damaging the planet. And of deliberately muddying the debate over that damage. Now Exxon Mobil says the Rockefeller critics are leading a conspiracy against it. The stakes here – the biggest. This hour On Point, the Rockefeller Fund president and Exxon Mobil, head to head. — Tom Ashbrook
David Kaiser, director of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. President of the Rockefeller Family Fund. Fifth-generation member of the Rockefeller family.
From Tom’s Reading List
New York Review Of Books: The Rockefeller Family Fund vs. Exxon — “It seemed to us, however, that for business reasons, a company as sophisticated and successful as Exxon would have needed to know the difference between its own propaganda and scientific reality. If it turned out that Exxon and other oil companies had recognized the validity of climate science even while they were funding the climate denial movement, that would, we thought, help the public understand how artificially manufactured and disingenuous the “debate” over climate change has always been. In turn, we hoped this understanding would build support for strong policies addressing the crisis of global warming.”
Los Angeles Times: What Exxon knew about the Earth’s melting Arctic — “Back in 1990, as the debate over climate change was heating up, a dissident shareholder petitioned the board of Exxon, one of the world’s largest oil companies, imploring it to develop a plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from its production plants and facilities. The board’s response: Exxon had studied the science of global warming and concluded it was too murky to warrant action.”
Bloomberg: Exxon Adds New York to Suit in Bid to Stop Climate Change Probe — “Massachusetts, New York and other states are investigating whether Exxon Mobil violated securities laws and consumer-protection rules by withholding information allegedly obtained as early as the 1970s that man-made emissions were changing the climate.”
Published on Nov 11, 2014
Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1B
Bill Maher illustrates why elections matter when it comes to climate change in this clip from Nov. 7, 2014. Panelists Kristen Soltis Anderson, Sen. Bernie Sanders, Robert Costa and Lisa Kudrow weigh in.
Published on May 10, 2015
Published on Mar 11, 2015
Once again, viewers of these videos are ahead of the rest of the world in understanding climate issues.
Rick Scott, the Climate denying Governor of Florida, also denies that his administration had a policy of not allowing the words “climate change”, “global warming” or “sea level rise” to be used by State employees. Nevertheless, former state employees are sticking by that claim.
I included that tidbit in my own video on sea level rise a few months before it became a top news item.
Hope y’all will support this effort by subscribing to the Yale Climate Forum channel.