November 17, 2016
With Donald Trump’s upset victory, President Barack Obama still has time to try and cement any final pieces of his legacy. One open question is the fate of offshore oil and gas leasing.
Environmentalists want Obama to place the Arctic off-limits for offshore drilling, but the oil industry is lobbying to keep it open. A decision is expected any day.
- Shell To Stop Drilling In Arctic Waters ‘For The Foreseeable Future’
- Energy Secretary Discusses New Energy Bill And Future For Coal Workers
- Oil Slump Slows Drilling In Gulf, 6 Years After Deepwater Horizon
- Arctic Drilling Restrictions Strike A Nerve In Alaska
- Proposal Could Open Parts Of Atlantic, Close Parts Of Arctic To Drilling