Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- The Dark Truth About the History of the United States of America July 23, 2021
- Movies, Politics and History with Oliver Stone – Conversations with History July 23, 2021
- Oliver Stone | Full Q&A | Oxford Union July 23, 2021
- Oliver Stone: Untold – An Interview with Bob Woodruff July 23, 2021
- Too Little Too Late For Republicans Finally Advocating Covid Vaccines? July 23, 2021
- Virus Inequity: The haves and the have nots July 23, 2021
- Watch Blue Origin launch Jeff Bezos to space! (Beyond Karman Line) July 23, 2021
- Live: Latest on the prolonged heavy rainfall in central China’s Henan July 23, 2021
- Billionaires Fight to Privatize & Monopolize Space Infrastructure as Earth Burns & Workers Organize July 23, 2021
- “All We Can Save”: As Climate Disasters Wreck Planet, Women Leaders Are Key to Solving the C risis July 23, 2021
- How America Got Divorced from Reality: Christian Utopias, Anti-Elitism, Media Circus | Kurt Andersen July 22, 2021
- ‘Dangerous’: Former Fox News Correspondent Rips Carlson’s Vaccine Rhetoric July 22, 2021
- Pelosi Won’t Allow Jan. 6th Committee To ‘Turn Into A Circus Act’ July 22, 2021
- Explaining Critical Race Theory July 22, 2021
- Changhua Wu on extreme weather July 22, 2021
- Ursula Burns: We Live in a Society Where the Rules Are Made by White Men | Amanpour and Company July 22, 2021
- Cai Yong on China’s Three-Child Policy July 22, 2021
- Out of the Mountains｜Episode 1: The Way Out July 22, 2021
- Fox News Backtracks As Covid-19 Surges July 22, 2021
- Wildfires rage in U.S. as officials discuss solutions to extreme heat July 22, 2021
- Doctors warn of ‘unstable’ situation as Tunisia battles virus surge July 22, 2021
- NIH Director: ‘If You’re Unvaccinated, This Virus Is Looking For You’ July 22, 2021
- Liz Cheney: GOP leader Kevin McCarthy seeking to block real Jan. 6 investigation July 21, 2021
- Trump Swamp: A Look Back At The Criminals Around Trump July 21, 2021
- We Can Do This Podcast: Healing Through Gardening with Dr. Vandana Shiva July 21, 2021
- Vandana Shiva and the Hubris of Messing With Nature July 21, 2021
- Climate Change | Extreme Weather Is ‘New Normal’ Thanks To Decades Of Climate Inaction July 21, 2021
- Billionaires are misusing words astronaut and space July 21, 2021
- Climate Change Workshop: Welcome and Talk The Challenges of Generation 1 5C July 21, 2021
- Rhodes Trust – Climate Change Workshop 2017 July 21, 2021
- Climate Leadership Series: Malcolm Turnbull July 21, 2021
- Climate Leadership Series: Dr. Katharine Wilkinson July 21, 2021
- Manufacturing Catastrophe | Climate Change: Why we can’t trust mainstream media | Climate & Capitalism July 21, 2021
- Dr. Paul Auerbach, Father of Wilderness Medicine, Dies at 70 – The New York Times July 21, 2021
- Bill McKibben | What Could Possibly Go Right? July 21, 2021
- John Wood, Jr: Political Polarization, Commitment to Goodwill, and Reawakening the Nonviolent Spirit July 21, 2021
- Trump Inaugural Chair Barrack Charged With Being A Foreign Agent July 20, 2021
- Trump Inaugural Fund Chairman Arrested On Federal Charges July 20, 2021
- Dr. Gottlieb: Virus Now Is Largely An Epidemic Among The Unvaccinated July 20, 2021
- Billionaire Bezos blasts to space and back again on his own rocket July 20, 2021
- Amnesty International: Julian Assange’s “Arbitrary” Detention Must End. Release Hi m Now July 20, 2021
- Revealed: leak uncovers global abuse of cyber-surveillance weapon | Surveillance | The Guardian July 20, 2021
- Mexico Used Private Israeli Spyware Pegasus to Surveil President’s Family & a Murdered Journalist July 20, 2021
- Amnesty Int’l Calls for Moratorium on Private Spyware After Israeli NSO Group Pegasus Revelations. July 20, 2021
- Fauci Blasts Rand Paul: ‘You Do Not Know What You’re Talking About’ July 20, 2021
- England Scraps Most Covid Restrictions As Boris Johnson Self-Isolates July 20, 2021
- India farmers’ protest: Living on a highway in protest July 20, 2021
- Climate Change | Intense Heat Wave Raises Questions About Future of U.S. Energy System July 20, 2021
- Climate change: Scientists are worried by how fast the crisis has amplified extreme weather – CNN July 20, 2021
- How Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson’s Space Flights Will Differ | WSJ July 20, 2021
Daily Archives: November 12, 2016
Political upheaval has major influence over the stock markets, and with climate-change-denying Donald Trump’s “disaster” of an election win, renewable energy investment is looking bleak at the moment as dirty energy surges.
The world’s top coal trader Glencore Plc rose more than 5 percent today while the world’s biggest wind-turbine maker Vestas Wind Systems A/S fell about 13 percent, according to Bloomberg. Solar companies First Solar, SunPower and SolarCity were down a respective 6 percent, 17 percent and 6 percent this morning. Shares in European renewable energy equipment makers and utilities with significant investments in the U.S. have fallen as much as 10 percent, Reuters reported.
As Bloomberg warned in its report, “the swing foretells a story of fossil fuels making a comeback, while the fight against climate change—and investment in wind and solar power—languishes.”
Our president-elect—who literally said “the wind kills all your birds” and solar is “not working so good”—has made no bones about his support of dirty energy, from his ties to the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline to his pledge to bring back the dirtiest fuel on the planet, coal.
The U.S. wind power industry is “bracing itself for an uncertain future following the election of Donald Trump to the presidency,” staff from Wind Power Monthly wrote in a column today. The publication quoted Trump’s plans to “unleash America’s $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, plus hundreds of years in clean coal reserves.”
Nov. 10, 2016 11:00AM EST
Here’s How Trump Plans to Dismantle Environmental Laws
According to Politico:
Hamm, an Oklahoma billionaire who has been a friend of Trump’s for years, has been the leading influence on Trump’s energy policy during the campaign. If Hamm passes, venture capitalist Robert Grady is also seen as a top candidate, though he could also be in line for Interior.
Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products firm Lucas Oil, is favored as a top choice to lead the Department of the Interior.
However, according to Politico:
Trump’s presidential transition team is also eyeing venture capitalist Robert Grady, a George H.W. Bush White House official with ties to Chris Christie. And Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr., is said to be interested in the job.
Meanwhile, a person who spoke to the Trump campaign told POLITICO that the aides have also discussed tapping Sarah Palin for Interior Secretary. Trump has said he’d like to put Palin in his cabinet, and Palin has made no secret of her interest.
Other possible candidates include former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer; Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin; Wyoming Rep. Cynthia Lummis; and Oklahoma oilman Harold Hamm.
Sarah Palin / Harold Hamm
Although Trump has previously said he would abolish the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), reports say he will instead ask climate skeptic Myron Ebell to lead the agency. In September, Trump said he will “refocus the EPA on its core mission of ensuring clean air, and clean, safe drinking water for all Americans.”
By Reynard Loki
If the world’s governments don’t prevent the planet’s surface temperature from increasing more than 2 C, then life on Earth will become a difficult proposition for many humans, animals and plants. Glaciers will melt, sea levels will rise, crops will fail, water availability will decrease and diseases will proliferate. Some areas will experience more wildfires and extreme heat; in others, more hurricanes and extreme storms. Coastal cities and possibly entire nations will be swallowed by the sea. There will be widespread social and economic instability, leading to regional conflicts.
Considering that the U.S. is the world’s second biggest emitter behind China, accounting for 16 percent of cumulative global greenhouse gas emissions, the climate decisions President Donald Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress make will be critical for future generations. But he has shown no sign that he’s remotely interested in tackling what climate scientist James Hansen calls “humanity’s greatest challenge.”
Contrary to the view of the international scientific community, Trump has called climate change a “con job” and a “myth.” In 2012 he tweeted that “the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” He cited cold winter weather as evidence that global warming isn’t real, tweeting during a 2014 winter blizzard, “The entire country is freezing—we desperately need a heavy dose of global warming and fast! Ice caps size reaches all time high.”
Published on Nov 10, 2016
The Department Of Justice has ordered Dakota Access not to drill under a river on Army Corps Of Engineers land. Pipeline owner Kelcy Warren couldn’t care less. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below. http://tytnetwork.com/join
“As water protectors dig in for the winter near construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), many rumors have been circulating about whether DAPL was in fact going to halt construction, as had been requested by the Department of Justice and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in September.
Many claims have been made that the Army Corps of Engineers, in negotiations with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, had ordered a 30-day pause on DAPL construction. As we reported on Sunday, the Army Corps has in fact clarified that the 30-day halt was “only a proposal” and no work stoppage has been implemented.
On Nov. 7, Unicorn Riot documented active DAPL construction that could be seen from the main Oceti Sakowin encampment.
The afternoon of Nov. 8, as the U.S. presidential election was well underway, Dakota Access, LLC released a statement denying recent claims from the Army Corps of Engineers that they had agreed to a slowdown in pipeline construction.
Dakota Access also claims a public statement made by the Army Corps was “a mistake and the Army Corps intends to rescind it.””*
Nov. 11, 2016 12:12PM EST
Trump’s Personal Investments Ride on Completion of Dakota Access Pipeline
Donald Trump’s surprise election win has encouraged Energy Transfer Partners’s Kelcy Warren, the CEO of the parent company of Dakota Access LLC, which is building the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL). In an interview with CBS This Morning, Warren said he is “100 percent” confident that the president-elect will help the company finish the project.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is mulling alternative routes and has requested a temporary halt to the $3.8 billion project but Dakota Access LLC is pushing ahead with construction. According to a Nov. 8 release, the company said it is “currently mobilizing horizontal drilling equipment to the drill box site” and will commence drilling activities upon completion of mobilization in about two weeks.
Yesterday, Army Corps’s Omaha office said it was “concerned” that the company plans to continue building despite the Corps’s request.
Trump has not spoken about the DAPL but holds stocks that are directly funding the Dakota Access Pipeline. According to Trump’s financial disclosure forms, The Guardian reported that he has invested between $500,000 and $1 million in Energy Transfer Partners.
Published on Nov 11, 2016
The leader of the company behind the controversial Dakota Access oil pipeline believes President-elect Donald Trump will help complete the project. Trump is a stockholder in Energy Transfer Partners, and CEO Kelcy Warren donated to Trump’s campaign. Protesters from more than 200 Native American tribes have been camped out near the site since August. Mark Albert reports.