This post is a list of books since 2005 (in reverse chronological order) that we have been involved in, accompanied by the publisher’s official description, and some comments of independent reviewers of the work. We will try and keep this list up to date as and when new books appear. We have also added links to the sidebar with the latest offerings.
Climate scientists maintain an important blog on the Internet to offer information to the widest possible public concerning the latest climate science in their respective fields. Here they have provided a vey valuable short list of important books for people to view and these added resources as well.
- The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines, Michael Mann, Columbia University Press.
- Global warming: Understanding the Forecast, Second Edition, David Archer, Wiley (2011).
- Global Warming and Political Intimidation, by Raymond Bradley, University of Massachusetts Press (2011).
- The Warming Papers: The Scientific Foundation for the Climate Change Forecast, by David Archer and Ray Pierrehumbert, Blackwell / Wiley (2010).
- The Global Carbon Cycle: Princeton Primers in Climate, by David Archer, Princeton University Press (2010).
- Principles of Planetary Climate by Ray Pierrehumbert. (Cambridge University Press, 2010)
- The Climate Crisis: An Introductory Guide to Climate Change. David Archer and Stefan Rahmstorf, Cambridge University Press (2010). An unofficial guidebook to the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report.
- Our Threatened Oceans Stefan Rahmstorf and K. Richardson (2008)
- Climate Change: Picturing the Science. Gavin Schmidt and Joshua Wolfe, W.W. Norton (2009)
- The Long Thaw: How Humans are Changing the Next 100,000 Years of Earth’s Climate. David Archer, Princeton University Press (2009)
- Dire Predictions: Understanding Global Warming Michael Mann and Lee Kump, DK/Pearson (2008)
- Wie bedroht sind die Ozeane? Stefan Rahmstorf and K. Richardson (2007, in German)
- Global warming: Understanding the Forecast, David Archer (2006)
- Der Klimawandel Diagnose, Prognose, Therapie, Stefan Rahmstorf and H. J. Schellnhuber (2006, in German, Korean, Vietnamese; Arabic version forthcoming)
- Solar Activity and Earth’s Climate, Rasmus Benestad (2006, 2nd Edition)
- Paleoclimatology: Reconstructing Climates of the Quaternary, Ray Bradley (2005, 2nd Edition)
From the climate scientist’s blog: RealClimate: Climate Science from Climate Scientists