Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Plenary of the 2020 Virtual Forum on Fossil Fuel Supply and Climate Policy September 23, 2020
- Fauci counters Trump’s claim COVID-19 vaccine is around the corner September 23, 2020
- Anand Giridharadas – The System Isn’t Broken, It’s Fixed September 23, 2020
- Wolff Responds: US Coups Against Latin American Socialists – A Historical Lesson September 23, 2020
- The Irish Slaves: Slavery, indenture and Contract labor Among Irish Immigrants: Rhetta Akamatsu September 23, 2020
- Against the Grain: A Deep History of the Earliest States: James C. Scott September 23, 2020
- Njinga of Angola: Africa’s Warrior Queen: Linda M. Heywood September 23, 2020
- A Fistful of Shells: West Africa from the Rise of the Slave Trade to the Age of Revolution: Toby Green September 23, 2020
- Innovation Conversations | University of Oxford September 23, 2020
- Innovation Conversations: Written in Stone with Professor Jonathan Prag September 23, 2020
- Caribbean New Orleans: Empire, Race, and the Making of a Slave Society (Pub lished by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the Universi ty of North Carolina Press): Cécile Vidal September 22, 2020
- A History of West Central Africa to 1850 (New Approaches to African History): John K. Thornton September 22, 2020
- Will They Turn New Mexico Into Nuclear Waste Dump? (w/ Kevin Kamps) September 22, 2020
- Has The Media Learned Nothing from 2016? September 22, 2020
- New Frontline Documentary ‘The Choice 2020’ Looks At The Lives Of Donald Trump & Joe Biden September 22, 2020
- Top U.S. & World Headlines — September 21, 2020 September 21, 2020
- “A National Tragedy”: Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Friend & “Favorite Client” Remembers the Legal Icon September 21, 2020
- “RBG”: Film Director Reflects on Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Lifelong Fight for Gender Equity September 21, 2020
- Remembering RBG: Legal Giant’s Death Sparks Furious Fight in D.C. over Vacant Supreme Court Seat September 21, 2020
- Watch the US stall on climate change for 12 years September 21, 2020
- How America can leave fossil fuels behind, in one chart September 21, 2020
- Millions across the UK under tougher local lockdown restrictions | ITV News September 21, 2020
- UK chief scientists warn of 50,000 new infections every day without tougher restrictions – BBC News September 21, 2020
- Mary Evelyn Tucker and John Grim introduce ‘Thomas Berry, a Biography’ September 21, 2020
- NASA Sees High Temperatures, Wildfires, Sea Ice Minimum Extent in Warming Arctic September 21, 2020
- Dr. Mary Evelyn Tucker: ecology & religion September 21, 2020
- FORE Spotlights Series ~ Mary Evelyn Tucker & John Grim, 9.21.2020 September 21, 2020
- Noam Chomsky: The World Is at the Most Dangerous Moment in Human History September 21, 2020
- Lost Worlds: Braveheart’s Scotland and William Wallace (S1, E11) | Full Episode | History September 21, 2020
- Kiley Fellow Lecture: Seth Denizen, “Thinking Through Soil: Case Study from the Mezq uital Valley” September 21, 2020
- Snowden Reacts To Trump’s Remarks About A Potential Pardon | The 11th Hour | MSNBC September 21, 2020
- Bob Woodward Induced A Confession Of The Greatest Lie In American History Says Steve Schmidt | MSNBC September 21, 2020
- Fmr. CIA Director Brennan: ‘I Am More Worried Today Than I Ever Have Been Before’ | Deadline | MSNBC September 21, 2020
- Trump Accused Of Allegedly Eroding Trust In U.S. Institutions | MSNBC September 21, 2020
- Putin, the poisoning and Belarus: what’s really going on? | The Economist September 21, 2020
- Fleeing climate change — the real environmental disaster | DW Documentary September 21, 2020
- What is the Fourth Industrial Revolution? | CNBC Explains September 21, 2020
- What is the Fourth Industrial Revolution? September 21, 2020
- Whitty and Vallance to present data showing ‘trend in UK heading in wrong direction’ September 21, 2020
- (388) RBG – YouTube September 21, 2020
- Where to Invade Next September 21, 2020
- Requiem for the American Dream September 21, 2020
- Every Day, Trump and His Goons Chip Away at Our Democracy September 21, 2020
- Global Opening Moment September 21, 2020
- Capitalism will eat democracy — unless we speak up | Yanis Varoufakis September 21, 2020
- “The Social Dilemma:” Lies Spread 6x Faster Than Truth on Social Media | Amanpour and Company September 21, 2020
- Sen. Graham Flip-Flops On Filling SCOTUS Vacancy | Morning Joe | MSNBC September 21, 2020
- COVID’s Wake-up Call: Are Western Governments Failing Their People? | Amanpour and Company September 21, 2020
- Noam Chomsky – The Crimes of U.S. Presidents September 21, 2020
- Noam Chomsky on the new Trump era | UpFront special September 21, 2020
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)