Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Lagos Inferno: The explosion that rocked Nigeria – BBC Africa Eye documentary May 8, 2021
- Retirement Hell – BBC Africa Eye documentary May 8, 2021
- Trillions of cicadas as loud as lawnmowers emerge in 15 states after 17 years underground May 8, 2021
- 95 years in 95 seconds: David Attenborough turns 95 today. Happy Birthday! 🎂 BBC May 8, 2021
- Self-Reinforcing Feedback Loop #13, Climate-Change Summary, guymcpherson.com May 8, 2021
- G7 and the US Bid to Reassert Hegemony May 8, 2021
- Solar Flare, Big Eruption, Preview the End of the World | S0 News May.8.2021 May 8, 2021
- GLOBALink | Validated by WHO, Sinopharm eyes to become largest Covid-19 vaccine supplier May 8, 2021
- Richard Wright’s Novel About Racist Police Violence Was Rejected in 1941; It Has Just Been Published May 7, 2021
- Ep. 187: It’s Like Herding Americans! How To Defeat COVID This Year (w/ Laurie Garrett) | Rumble – Y ouTube May 7, 2021
- Explore the River: Bull Trout, Tribal People, and the Jocko River: Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes May 7, 2021
- aay u sqélix͏ʷ – a history of bull trout and the Salish and Pend d’Oreille people by Thompson Smith May 7, 2021
- Going Medieval On White Supremacists | 1A May 6, 2021
- MIT X TAU Series: Africa’s Agricultural Reinvention – MIT Events May 6, 2021
- Gro Intelligence – AI company improving decision-making in climate, food, and agriculture May 6, 2021
- MIT X TAU Series May 6, 2021
- A famous locust organization of the past – OCLALAV May 6, 2021
- Balliol Historic Collections: Slavery in the Age of Revolution – trailer May 6, 2021
- The End of American Exceptionalism May 6, 2021
- Starr Forum: Racing to the Precipice: Global Climate, Political Climate May 6, 2021
- Bernie Sanders Launches Blistering Attack on Mitch McConnell in Kentucky May 6, 2021
- ‘Just a glorified blog’: Donald Trump launches new social media platform May 6, 2021
- Tanzanias fight to preserve the coral reefs May 6, 2021
- Trump-Era letter spells it out: Matt Gaetz paid underage girl for sex May 6, 2021
- Board member explains decision to keep Trump off Facebook for now, and why he may be back May 5, 2021
- Trump rips Cheney, McConnell, Pence over 2020 election May 5, 2021
- US storms: Hail, tornadoes and flash floods wreak havoc – BBC News May 5, 2021
- A high school gardening club plans seeds of community May 5, 2021
- Masterclass: Professor Mark Crispin Miller Teaches Election Theft May 5, 2021
- The Voter ID Scam May 5, 2021
- Fighting Election Theft: What You Can Do May 5, 2021
- Cheney’s views on Trump puts her GOP post in peril May 5, 2021
- Can democracy exist in the digital era? – YouTube May 5, 2021
- Former Republican Congressman Is Incredibly Concerned About The Current GOP | MSNBC May 5, 2021
- Greta Thunberg’s Message at the 2019 Right Livelihood Award Presentation May 5, 2021
- LIVE: Climate activist Greta Thunberg testifies to U.S. House May 5, 2021
- ‘People are listening’, Greta meets Sir David – BBC May 5, 2021
- Greta Thunberg: A Year to Change the World | Preview | PBS May 5, 2021
- WATCH LIVE: Greta Thunberg, climate experts testify before House on fossil fuel subsidies May 5, 2021
- The Human and Environmental Cost of Land Business | Rede Social de Justiça e Direitos Humanos May 5, 2021
- “Exterminate All the Brutes”: Filmmaker Raoul Peck Explores Colonialism & Origins of White Supremacy May 5, 2021
- Filipino Activist Walden Bello: Global Vaccine Disparity Shows “Irrationality of Global Capitalism ” May 5, 2021
- “Millions of Lives Are at Stake”: Pressure Grows on Biden to Back WTO Waiver on Vaccine Tech nology May 5, 2021
- Climate Science Destroyed In 8 Minutes May 5, 2021
- Full Interview: Edward Snowden On Trump, Privacy, And Threats To Democracy | The 11th Hour | MSNBC May 5, 2021
- The Creation of Inequality: How Our Prehistoric Ancestors Set the Stage for Monarchy, Slavery, and Empire: Joyce Marcus, Kent Flannery May 5, 2021
- Jim Downs : Maladies of Empire: How Colonialism, Slavery and War Transformed Medicine May 5, 2021
- Sick from Freedom: African-American Illness and Suffering during the Civil War and Reconstruction: Jim Downs May 5, 2021
- Wait….What? How Much? US Military Spending and National Priorities | Radius May 5, 2021
- The Role of Business in the Transition towards a Sustainable World May 5, 2021
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)