Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Henry Louis Gates Jr. Roundtable May 23, 2019
- Finding Your Family Roots May 23, 2019
- Henry Louis Gates Discusses Ideological Divides Among Black Americans May 23, 2019
- Deadly overnight tornadoes spread damage across Missouri May 23, 2019
- The Toilet An unspoken History May 23, 2019
- Top 10 David Attenborough Series You NEED To Watch May 23, 2019
- BBC World Service – The Forum, The Moon from Earth May 23, 2019
- Anti-Capitalist Chronicles: Accumulation by Dispossession – David Harvey May 23, 2019
- How to Future-Proof Humanity | Paul Mason May 23, 2019
- Arundhati Roy on Narendra Modi, Indian elections and the rise of fake news May 23, 2019
- Albertan evacuees wait in limbo as crews battle out-of-control wildfire May 22, 2019
- Vandana Shiva On Strombo: Full Extended Interview May 22, 2019
- Where to Invade Next Official Trailer 1 (2016) – Michael Moore Documentary May 22, 2019
- Chicago’s New Mayor to End Water Shutoffs May 22, 2019
- The Point: Boeing admits flaw in 737 Max flight simulator May 22, 2019
- What is Puerto Rico not getting? May 22, 2019
- Tornado Outbreak: The Role of Climate Change May 22, 2019
- If You Won’t, We Will: Youth Action on Climate May 21, 2019
- E.P.A. Plans to Get Thousands of Pollution Deaths Off the Books by Changing Its Math – The New York Times May 21, 2019
- Noam Chomsky – On Being Truly Educated May 21, 2019
- What happened when an Indian drug company offered affordable AIDS medication May 21, 2019
- Kids’ vegan diet: Conscious choice or child endangerment? May 21, 2019
- Oxford Green Week Talk: ‘Protecting the high seas’ with Prof Alex Rogers May 21, 2019
- 40 years of FAO in Nigeria May 21, 2019
- Trump’s Real Estate Dealings Needed a ‘Criminal Organization:’ Deutsche Bank May 20, 2019
- Protesters Call on Whitney Museum to Remove Tear Gas Manufacturer’s CEO from B oard May 20, 2019
- Australian Voters Choose Conservative PM Morrison Over Opponent Who Vowed to Tackle Climate Change May 20, 2019
- Evacuation ordered for High Level as Alberta wildfire approaches May 20, 2019
- Mission to Mars through the Moon May 20, 2019
- Through data-based food waste prevention, Leanpath helps #MoveTheDate, explains Steve Finn May 20, 2019
- Roger Entne discusses impact of US Huawei ban May 20, 2019
- Car-centric urban planning = major challenge to transforming mobility in the US ~ Tom Maguire, SFMTA May 20, 2019
- Trump’s Trade War (full film) | FRONTLINE May 20, 2019
- From Gallery to Reality (… and Back): The Display of Art and the Art of Display in the Digital Age | EV & N – 314 | CCTV May 20, 2019
- Chris Salisbury on Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s victory May 18, 2019
- Live: The Full Flower Blue Moon蓝月亮 May 18, 2019
- UN Chief on the Climate Frontlines – Tuvalu May 18, 2019
- American farmers take the fall for US-China trade war… yet Trump believes benefits are to come May 18, 2019
- Museums push to get more young people in the doors May 17, 2019
- How are youth forcing world leaders to act on climate change? May 17, 2019
- NEW GAMBIA DEVELOPMENT PLANS ON CONSTRUCTION OF FEEDER ROADS IS A COMMITMENT TO THIS GOVERNMENT May 17, 2019
- Earth Day Feed the 5000 Extinction Rebellion⌛( Marble Arch 22.4.19) May 17, 2019
- Cultivating equality in the food system | Danielle Nierenberg | TEDxManhattan May 17, 2019
- Sahara Forest Project: From vision to reality May 17, 2019
- “Food systems transformation” Discussion by leaders from IRRI, IWMI, and WorldFish May 17, 2019
- IPCC Released Its New Report on Climate Change & other topics – Daily Briefing (08 October 2018) May 17, 2019
- What Would It Mean to Win? (Pt 2/2) – YouTube May 17, 2019
- From Gallery to Reality (… and Back): The Display of Art and the Art of Display in the Digital Age May 16, 2019
- J. S. Bach – Brandenburg Concertos May 16, 2019
- Displaced Cameroonians struggle to survive May 16, 2019
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)