Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Prophetic Critiques of Colonial Agricultural Schemes: The Case of Alinesitoué Diat ta in Vichy Senegal on JSTOR January 28, 2020
- Shrines of the Slave Trade: Diola Religion and Society in Precolonial Senegambia): Robert M. Baum January 28, 2020
- The Benin Plaques: A 16th Century Imperial Monument (Routledge Research in Art History): Kathryn Wysocki Gunsch January 28, 2020
- Land “Grabbing” Grows as Agricultural Resources Dwindle | Common Dreams Newswire January 28, 2020
- Closer Look at New Contagion – Coronavirus January 28, 2020
- WHO corrects itself, saying global risk of coronavirus is “high” January 28, 2020
- Kenya’s once thriving sugar industry now on its knees January 27, 2020
- Trump: ‘Nothing was ever said to John Bolton’ January 27, 2020
- What must we learn to survive as a species? (The Case of Agriculture and Oxford’s PPE Degree) January 27, 2020
- Explosive Bolton Book Allegations Spark New Calls For Witnesses to Testify at Impeachment Trial January 27, 2020
- World’s Top Countries by Proven Natural Gas Reserves 1960 to 2018 January 27, 2020
- Top 15 countries Oil Production (1900 – 2019) January 27, 2020
- Democrats call for Bolton to testify in impeachment trial – BBC News January 27, 2020
- Why We Ignore Warnings Of Looming Disaster : NPR January 27, 2020
- Facebook Still Refusing To Crack Down On Deceptive Ads January 26, 2020
- White House wants to tighten rules for food assistance January 26, 2020
- Gambia’s role in holding Burma accountable for genocide January 26, 2020
- The Top Agricultural Producing Countries 1960 to 2016 January 26, 2020
- Terry Boardman – the three main crises we face in the 21st century January 26, 2020
- Corporate Control and the Climate Meltdown January 26, 2020
- Here’s Why Foreign Aid Is a Scam | Doha Debates January 26, 2020
- Why is Italy swinging to the far right? – BBC News January 26, 2020
- Trump ordered to remove envoy in Ukraine in 2018 – video – BBC News January 26, 2020
- Trump ordered to remove envoy in Ukraine in 2018 – video – BBC News January 26, 2020
- China coronavirus ‘spreads before symptoms show’ – BBC World Service – Newshour January 26, 2020
- Documentary Mashup – The Corporation & Who Killed the Electric Car January 26, 2020
- Robert Reich and Dan Kammen – Inequality, Climate change, & the economy January 26, 2020
- Robert Reich: Climate and Inequality January 26, 2020
- Protesters rally in Hong Kong against the government’s handling of the new coronavirus January 26, 2020
- Investing in SDG Action – UN SDG Media Zone (Davos 2020) January 26, 2020
- Analysis: Coronavirus infections around the world January 26, 2020
- Is capitalism dead? Quotes from Davos | World Economic Forum January 26, 2020
- Press Conference: One Trillion Trees | Davos 2020 January 26, 2020
- Up close and personal with Ghana’s President January 25, 2020
- These are the 5 biggest global risks in 2020 January 25, 2020
- Global Risks Report 2020 January 25, 2020
- Forging a Sustainable Path Towards a Common Future | DAVOS 2020 January 25, 2020
- Press Conference: One Trillion Trees | DAVOS 2020 January 25, 2020
- Stakeholder Capitalism: What Is Required from Corporate Leadership? January 25, 2020
- David Attenborough, Jane Goodall and Greta Thunberg’s plea for the planet January 25, 2020
- Breaking Free from Single-Use Plastics | DAVOS 2020 January 25, 2020
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2020 | World Economic Forum January 25, 2020
- Attorney: Trump caught on tape demanding ambassador’s firing January 25, 2020
- 25 Chinese provinces, municipalities launch highest emergency response level January 25, 2020
- How do we Heal from GMOS and Roundup? by Jeffrey M. Smith January 25, 2020
- What the Science Says About GMO’S, Seeds, Soil, Pesticides and the Best Way to Grow Healthy Food January 25, 2020
- The Best Diet to Prevent Heart Disease, Diabetes, Strokes, Obesity and Chronic Kidney Disease January 25, 2020
- Greta Thunberg: You’re listening, but not hearing | DAVOS 2020 January 25, 2020
- DAVOS DAILY | DAY 4 | Carbon Taxation, the True Cost of Plastic and Thunberg’s Strike January 25, 2020
- DAVOS DAILY | DAY 1 | Greta Thunberg, Donald J. Trump and the Start of Davos January 25, 2020
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)