Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- “Our Bodies Are On the Line”: NYC Nurses Demand Protective Gear as COVID- 19 Death Toll Skyrockets April 3, 2020
- Webinar: Climate Change in the Era of COVID-19 April 3, 2020
- Bach – Cantata Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme BWV 140 – Van Veldhoven | Netherlands Bach Society April 3, 2020
- Coronavirus: UK death toll rises by 684 in a day – BBC News April 3, 2020
- Crumpled like a tin can | Elon Musk’s latest SpaceX test fails April 3, 2020
- Fact-Checking The Claims Made At Thursday’s Coronavirus Briefing – Day That Was | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- The Trump administration’s sweetheart deal to a pharma company working on a COVID-19 treatment April 3, 2020
- Trump blames states for lack of supplies, Kushner takes centre stage at coronavirus briefing April 3, 2020
- Sen. Harris On Trump’s Virus Response: ‘This Guy Doesn’t Understand His Job’ | The Last Word | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 and the risk to food supply chains: How to respond? April 3, 2020
- During This Crisis We Must Make Health Care a Right April 3, 2020
- ‘Still Ahead of His Time’: New Video Details Bernie Sanders’ Prescient Warnings About Pandemic Threat and Need for Medicare for All | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- “Bernie Sanders: Still Ahead of His Time” April 3, 2020
- ‘Government Needs to Step In’: Food Banks Across US Report Unprecedented D emand—and Shortages—as Coronavirus Pandemic Ravages | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- “We’re Running Out of Time to Get This Right”: Congress Urged to Move Swiftly to Protect 2020 Elections From Pandemic’s Mayhem | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- In Nation Without Medicare for All, 3.5 Million Workers May Have Lost Employer-Provided Insurance Over Last Two Weeks | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- Trump Labor Department Accused of Quietly ‘Twisting the Law’ to Slash Paid Sick Leave Amid Pandemic | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- ‘The Poor, the Sick, the Homeless, the Children, the Low-Wage Workers’: Moral Leaders Demand Coronavirus Relief for Most Vulnerable | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- ‘Nightmare Scenario That Everyone Predicted’: As Millions Struggle to Meet Basic Needs, Trump Organization Requests Financial Relief | Common Dreams News April 3, 2020
- Arctic Sea-Ice: Going. Going. GONE; but WHEN? April 3, 2020
- “There Aren’t Enough Tests”: As Pandemic Intensifies, Global South Prepares for the Worst April 3, 2020
- “Distancing Is a Privilege”: Pandemic Highlights India’s Class Divide as 1.3 Billion Lock Down April 3, 2020
- Chinese scientists find ‘effective’ antibodies for COVID-19 April 3, 2020
- Respiratory Doc: Trump Should Have Issued A National Lockdown Two Months Ago | The 11th Hour | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- Online education amid COVID 19 April 3, 2020
- Trump Calls States ‘Complainers,’ Says Federal Govt. Is Just A ‘Backup’ | The 11th Hour | MSNBC April 3, 2020
- Off-Season Hurricane Outlook and Discussion for April, 2, 2020 April 2, 2020
- Why this Hurricane Season could be Extremely Active April 2, 2020
- Hurricane Season 2020 Prediction Above Average Expected – The Weather Channel Live Forecast April 2, 2020
- Harvard department chair arrested; charged with concealing ties to China April 2, 2020
- Asia’s largest slum in Mumbai records first COVID-19 death April 2, 2020
- Lassa Fever Epidemic in Nigeria Far Deadlier Than Covid-19 April 2, 2020
- South Africa’s Overcrowded Slums Most Vulnerable to Coronavirus April 2, 2020
- Infectious Disease Expert: Coronavirus Will Overwhelm US Health Care System | The 11th Hour | MSNBC April 2, 2020
- Coronavirus Won’t Go Away In Matter Of Weeks, Says Science Writer | Morning Joe | MSNBC April 2, 2020
- Boston Globe Editorial Board: Trump ‘Has Blood On His Hands’ | The Last Word | MSNBC April 2, 2020
- As U.S. Reels from COVID-19, Trump Backs Gilead’s Exclusive Patent on Tr eatment & Suspends EPA Rules April 2, 2020
- Top Coronavirus Expert Dr. Anthony Fauci Gets Security Detail After Death Threats April 2, 2020
- The Shift: The Ecology of Disease (Episode 1) April 2, 2020
- COVID-19 & Capitalism — Alternative Radio April 2, 2020
- Beijing objects U.S. scapegoating of China April 2, 2020
- Religion for a New Generation April 2, 2020
- The Energy 202: Oil executives to meet Trump to discuss price crash during coronavirus pandemic – The Washington Post April 2, 2020
- Daily Newsletter – Bill McKibben – “Working Together Is What Humans Are Built to Do” April 2, 2020
- A Boston Hospital Nears Its Limits | The New Yorker April 2, 2020
- ‘Our World War’: Virus Response May Shape If Trump Loses 2020, Says Top Historian | MSNBC April 1, 2020
- Did Coronavirus Come From Bats? David Quammen April 1, 2020
- Author David Quammen On The Current And Future Pandemics | Random Thursday April 1, 2020
- David Quammen: How Animal-Borne Infections Spill Over To Humans : NPR April 1, 2020
- Coronavirus forces postponement of COP26 meeting in Glasgow – BBC News April 1, 2020
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)