Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- La Palma volcano: How dangerous is it? October 15, 2021
- La Palma Landslide – East Coast Megatsunami Scenario October 15, 2021
- Mike + The Mechanics – The Living Years (Official Video) October 15, 2021
- Some Notes from Life on the Edge: The Geophysical Fate of the Post-Columbian City (Big “Transitions” in Human History) October 15, 2021
- Heatwaves and drought in Europe | DW Documentary October 15, 2021
- UN claims millions more people are hungry October 15, 2021
- La Palma volcano: Massive lava flow pushes over the boundary of evacuated area | DW News October 15, 2021
- Mapping update. La Palma volcano eruption (15th Oct) Todos los mapas de la erupción de La Palma, October 15, 2021
- Geofísico explica la erupción volcánica en La Palma (islas Canarias, Españ a) October 15, 2021
- Since Terrible Explosion Begins (Oct 15) La Palma hit by Largest Earthquake & Possible Tsunami October 14, 2021
- Japan’s 400 Kilometre Tsunami Shield October 14, 2021
- Can We Cool the Planet? | NOVA | PBS October 14, 2021
- Will the Cascadia Earthquake be the Worst Disaster North America’s Ever Seen? | Weathered October 14, 2021
- The Pacific Northwest is due for a Major Earthquake October 13, 2021
- Residents’ Panic Increases (Oct 14) La Palma Volcano Eruption continues with high effusion rates October 13, 2021
- 5 Natural Disasters Waiting To Happen October 13, 2021
- General Stanley McChrystal Sees Parallels Between Jan. 6 and Nazi Germany | Amanpour and Company October 13, 2021
- This Modern FARMING INNOVATION In China Shocks The World October 13, 2021
- World Food Day 2021 – António Guterres (UN Secretary-General) October 13, 2021
- “People vs. Fossil Fuels’’: Winona LaDuke & Mass Protests Call on Biden to Stop Line 3 Pipeline October 13, 2021
- Katrina vanden Heuvel on Nobel Peace Prize Winner Dmitry Muratov’s Fight for Press Freedom in Russia October 13, 2021
- What are the major climate action priorities from the IMF? October 13, 2021
- Will These New Fossil Fuel Projects Make Climate Emergency Unwinnable? (w/John Beard, Jr. ) October 13, 2021
- American Indian tribes: ‘climate change is real’ October 13, 2021
- CBC News: The National | U.S. border reopening, Iqaluit water, Shatner in space October 13, 2021
- Border Incident October 13, 2021
- Abrupt Climate System Disruption Recap: Extreme Weather Around the Planet October 13, 2021
- This Week on #JUSTSOLUTIONS: PPL vs Fossil Fuels with Sharon Lavigne October 13, 2021
- People Vs Fossil Fuels October 13, 2021
- Meet the Democrats Keeping Your Drug Prices High October 13, 2021
- The Yale 5-Year B.A. Program October 13, 2021
- Possible Tsunami (Oct 13) La Palma volcano lava effusion rates, new lava arm at the sea October 12, 2021
- La Palma Volcano Eruption Update; Acidic Danger, New Lava Flows October 12, 2021
- This is what the volcano on La Palma looked like before the eruption – La Palma – Canary Islands October 12, 2021
- Crater COLLAPSES on ‘Aggressive’ Volcano October 12, 2021
- Megatsunami Scenario – La Palma Landslide October 12, 2021
- The Future Tsunami That Could Destroy the US East Coast October 12, 2021
- Climate change: Where we are in seven charts and what you can do to help – BBC News October 12, 2021
- Billions to Boeing as Congress debates cutting social programs October 12, 2021
- America’s Fate: Oligarchy or Autocracy October 12, 2021
- Country houses and the British Empire, 1700–1930 (Studies in Imperialism, 116): St ephanie, Barczewski, Andrew Thompson, John M. MacKenzie October 12, 2021
- National Trust details links to slavery and colonialism at 93 properties – Museums Association October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Colonialism and historic slavery report | National Trust October 12, 2021
- Addressing the Legacy of Slavery and Empire at the National Trust for Scotland October 12, 2021
- Sam Knight, “Home Truth” (Britain’s Idyllic Country Houses Reveal a Darker History) | The New Yorker, August 23, 2021 October 12, 2021
- Harvard scientist: ‘It’s possible we are all Martians’ October 11, 2021
- J.S. Bach: The Church Cantatas, Vol. 28: Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen, BWV 56 October 10, 2021
- DR Congo faces deadliest meningitis outbreak on record October 10, 2021
- Prosser Gifford – Memorial Celebration October 9, 2021
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)