Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Estimates of Sea Level Rise by 2100 Have Tripled in the Past Few Years June 27, 2017
- Looking Beyond 2050 — On Earth and in Space with Lord Martin Rees June 27, 2017
- Climate & Extreme Weather News #38 (June 22nd-June 26th 2017) June 27, 2017
- Trump Ignored Intel Before Bombing Syria June 27, 2017
- US Supreme Court agrees to hear Trump Muslim ban case June 27, 2017
- The Dutch Have Solutions to Rising Seas. The World Is Watching. – The New York Times June 27, 2017
- Republican Healthcare Bill Gives Tax Cuts to the Rich by Gutting Safety Net for Poor & Middle Class June 26, 2017
- SDG2.3 in 2 Minutes: Matt Shakhovskoy, Initiative for Smallholder Finance June 26, 2017
- US farmers say sand mining destroying environment June 26, 2017
- Climate Change in The Marshall Islands (June 2017 PBS News Report) June 26, 2017
- Rick Perry Loses Cool When Sen Franken Confronts Him On Climate Change June 25, 2017
- Barack Obama on food and climate change: ‘We can still act and it won’ t be too late’ | Global development | The Guardian June 25, 2017
- From heatwaves to hurricanes, floods to famine: seven climate change hotspots | Environment | The Guardian June 25, 2017
- Sea level study: James Hansen issues dire climate warning. June 25, 2017
- Talk to Al Jazeera – Gambia: The business of human trafficking – Talk to Al Jazeera June 24, 2017
- Cholera cases in Yemen may rise up to 300,000 – UN June 24, 2017
- In a Fair Fight, Karen Handel Would Have Lost (w/guest Greg Palast) June 24, 2017
- Republicans Are Starving The Poor To Give The Wealthy Tax Cuts June 24, 2017
- DuPont’s Dumping of GenX Toxin in North Carolina Water Could Be the Next Fl int June 24, 2017
- Al Franken TAKES ON Trump’s Interior Chief on Climate Change June 24, 2017
- Rick Perry Loses Cool When Sen Franken Confronts Him On Climate Change June 24, 2017
- Al Franken BRILLIANTLY DESTROYS Rick Perry On Climate Change Science 6/23/2017 June 24, 2017
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse’s BRILLIANT Speech on Dark Money, Fake News, & Climate Denial June 24, 2017
- ‘Stripped of winning aces’: Gulf states issue list of demands to Qatar, want Al Jazeera closed June 24, 2017
- Noam Chomsky (June 07 2017), Trump, Sanders, Inequality, Popular Anger June 24, 2017
- Noam Chomsky: Neoliberalism Is Destroying Our Democracy June 24, 2017
- Record heat wave scorches India June 24, 2017
- Australia’s Horrifying Heatwave: Heat records broken in Sydney June 24, 2017
- Millions of Americans Suffer Worst Heat Wave Recorded History June 24, 2017
- U.S. Heatwave and Tropical Storm Cindy (June 20-21 2017) June 24, 2017
- Watch Arundhati Roy read from her long awaited second novel ‘The Ministry of Utmost Happiness’ June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy with Anthony Arnove, Conversation, 3 May 2017 June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy: The Waterstones Interview June 23, 2017
- Capitalism: A Ghost Story – An Evening with Arundhati Roy and Siddhartha Deb June 23, 2017
- Noam Chomsky on Democracy’s Endgame with Arundhati Roy and Amy Goodman June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy on Obama’s Wars and other June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy on Returning to Fiction, Redefining Happiness & Writing about Worlds Ripped Apart June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy Reads from Her Acclaimed New Novel, “The Ministry of Utmost Happiness” June 23, 2017
- Arundhati Roy on Upcoming Meeting Between Indian PM Modi & Trump at White House June 23, 2017
- Acclaimed Novelist Arundhati Roy on Telling the Truth of the Atrocities in Kashmir Through Fiction June 23, 2017
- Media Malpractice? As GOP Moves to Strip Healthcare from Millions, Press Remains Focused on Russia June 23, 2017
- From War to Cholera, Yemen Is Facing World’s Largest Humanitarian Crisis June 23, 2017
- Climate & Extreme Weather News #37 (June 20th-June 22nd 2017) June 23, 2017
- Seth Kaplan on the global air travel industry June 23, 2017
- Farm-fresh healthy food doesn’t have to be too pricey or pretty, says this chef June 22, 2017
- Did Voter Suppression Doom Ossoff June 22, 2017
- Founder of Weather Channel Calls Gobal Climate Change A Hoax June 22, 2017
- Generating Solar Jobs For City Residents June 22, 2017
- Greenland In Trouble! Glaciers Melting Much Faster Than Previously Predicted June 22, 2017
- David Attenborough on climate change: ‘The world will be transformed’ June 22, 2017
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)