Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Climate Crisis Advisory Group: New body launches, modelled after British scientists’ Covid-19 initiative | Climate Change July 30, 2021
- Chomsky: We Need Genuine International Cooperation to Tackle the Climate Crisis | Climate Change July 30, 2021
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated the digital divide? July 29, 2021
- “We Can’t Trust the Unvaccinated”: Dr. Leana Wen on Vaccine Mandates & How to Stop the Delta Variant July 29, 2021
- This Is Not a Climate Bill: Leah Stokes on Why Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Doesn’t Go Far Enough July 29, 2021
- Innovative Technologies and Citizen Science to Combat Plastic Waste in the Mekong and Beyond July 29, 2021
- True Cost of Food: Measuring What Matters to Transform the U.S. Food System – The Rockefeller Foundation July 29, 2021
- Bill McKibben – Rhodes Climate Workshop – Earth Day, 2017 July 29, 2021
- Why “Rhodes Must Fall” (RMF) Is Too Small: Rhodes Scholars and “The Overview Effect” July 28, 2021
- Dr. Elaine Ingham July 28, 2021
- Historical Origins of ‘Hidden’ Economies: How economic theory has neglected some f orms of economies July 28, 2021
- 2020: The Year Of Climate Extremes | Nightly News Films July 28, 2021
- Top Evangelical Leader On His Shocking Resignation From the SBC | Amanpour and Company July 28, 2021
- FREE Bonus Webinar: Launch Your Soil Regen Career July 28, 2021
- Post-colonial theory in the 21st century July 28, 2021
- 1951 Refugee Convention: Life saving protection ‘more urgent today than ever’ July 28, 2021
- Cecil Rhodes statue will not be removed by Oxford College – BBC News July 28, 2021
- Low-income neighbourhood of Naples produces its own free solar energy July 28, 2021
- Macron in French Polynesia: France owes former colony ‘a debt’ over nuclear tests July 28, 2021
- As rivals Ouattara & Gbagbo meet, is Ivory Coast on a path towards reconciliation? July 28, 2021
- Macron promises transparency over French Polynesia nuclear tests July 28, 2021
- Evaluating and investing in Nature-based Solutions with Nathalie Seddon & Cameron Hepburn July 28, 2021
- chevron’s future of human energy July 27, 2021
- U.S. CDC recommends masks indoors, even for fully vaccinated July 27, 2021
- Smiles and hugs as Ivory Coast President Ouattara greets longtime foe Gbagbo • FRANCE 24 English July 27, 2021
- U.S. health expert: COVID-19 was in the U.S. as early as November 2019 July 27, 2021
- Live: Learn about the hybrid rice that helped ease hunger in China July 27, 2021
- UNFSS Pre-Summit for the Food Systems Summit – Secretary-General Remarks (26 July 2021) July 26, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, World leaders meet to discuss climate change after recent environmental disasters July 26, 2021
- BBC World Service – Newshour, COP26 President: global warming “urgency” July 26, 2021
- Exclusive: He warned Congress of the coming heatwave. They did nothing and 1000 died July 26, 2021
- “Committing the Truth”: Whistleblower Daniel Hale to Be Sentenced Tuesday for Drone Program Leaks July 26, 2021
- Should Vaccinated People Be Concerned About The Delta Variant? July 26, 2021
- After 18 years in Iraq, was all that war just for oil? (full show) July 26, 2021
- ‘Hell He’s Created’: Trump Blasted For Lies Amid Covid-19 Surge July 26, 2021
- Food Systems Summit | United Nations July 26, 2021
- UN Food Systems Summit – 2021 July 26, 2021
- A New Food System With Scientific Targets | EAT Forum 2019 July 26, 2021
- High Level Dialogue on Feeding Africa Promo video July 26, 2021
- Here is why we are boycotting the UN Food Systems Summit | Food | Al Jazeera July 26, 2021
- UN Food Systems Summit | Pre-Summit official Ceremony and Global Town Hall: Rising Up to the Future July 26, 2021
- The life story of Earth’s climate, 3 billion years in the making | YaleNews July 26, 2021
- The Power of the Fed (full documentary) | FRONTLINE July 25, 2021
- How the rich get richer – money in the world economy | DW Documentary July 25, 2021
- Katie Porter highlights the benefits of a Civilian Climate Corps July 24, 2021
- Life & Work of Susan Sontag July 24, 2021
- America’s Book Of Secrets: Scientists Discover the Cause of the Deadly Spanish Flu (S4) | History – July 24, 2021
- Tlaib: Climate Corps would connect environmental justice with economic and racial justice July 24, 2021
- Rhodes Scholar Climate Workshop, 23 April 2017 – the obvious question we are all avoiding concerning Carbon Capture & Storage (CCS) July 24, 2021
- Rethinking CCS with the only reliably proven technology available in the history of the Earth system – biosequestration July 24, 2021
Daily Archives: September 12, 2016
Global Warming and Climate Change in Amazonia: Climate-Vegetation Feedback and Impacts on Water Resources – Amazonia and Global Change – Marengo – Wiley Online Library
Candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. (Andrew Harnik and Evan Vucci/AP)
September 12, 2016
Obama calls climate change trends “terrifying.” But what about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump? We’ll look at their plans for the environment.
are so many big forks in the road as Americans prepare now to choose the country’s next president. If you want to see a giant one, look at environmental policy, Trump versus Clinton. Hillary Clinton would carry on battling climate change and put solar panels all over. Donald Trump says manmade climate change is a hoax, and would pour on the coal and fossil fuels. President Obama says he already terrified by what’s coming. This hour On Point, the huge canyon over climate in the 2016 race. — Tom Ashbrook
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND, Republican U.S. Representative for North Dakota’s At-Large District., Environmental policy advisor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Serves on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. (@RepKevinCramer)
Uploaded on Jun 11, 2007
War Made Easy reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq. Narrated by actor and activist Sean Penn, the film exhumes remarkable archival footage of official distortion and exaggeration from LBJ to George W. Bush, revealing in stunning detail how the American news media have uncritically disseminated the pro-war line of one administration after another.
War Made Easy gives special attention to parallels between the Vietnam war and the war in Iraq. Driven by media critic Norman Solomon’s meticulous research and tough-minded analysis, it sets stunning examples of propaganda and media complicity from the present within the context of rare footage from political leaders and leading journalists of the Vietnam era, including Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara, dissident Senator Wayne Morse, and news correspondents Walter Cronkite and Morley Safer.
Norman Solomon’s work has been praised by the Los Angeles Times as “brutally persuasive” and essential “for those who would like greater context with their bitter morning coffee.” This film now offers a chance to see that context on the screen.
View full movie:
Published on Nov 29, 2015
Declassified Documents Expose Why 9/11 Happened and The Masterminds Behind it
Watch this documentary, Hijacking Catastrophe – 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire.
The 9/11 terror attacks continue to send shock waves through the American political system. Continuing fears about American vulnerability alternate with images of American military prowess and patriotic bravado in a transformed media landscape charged with emotion and starved for information. The result is that we have had little detailed debate about the radical turn US policy has taken since 9/11.
Hijacking Catastrophe places the Bush Administration’s original justifications for war in Iraq within the larger context of a two-decade struggle by neo-conservatives to dramatically increase military spending while projecting American power and influence globally by means of force and dominance.
At the same time, the documentary argues that the Bush Administration has sold this radical and controversial plan for aggressive American military intervention by deliberately manipulating intelligence, political imagery, and the fears of the American people after 9/11.
This update of the critically acclaimed documentary features the theatrical version of the film, along with ten new post-election interviews with prominent political observers on topics ranging from the 2004 presidential campaign to the Democratic Party’s struggle to define itself in a time of war.
FAIR USE NOTICE:
This video may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Note: Media Revolt is a non-profit and has not monetized this video content for revenue, sale or otherwise any means to derive profits from its distribution on YouTube or affiliate partners.
Climate Home is a leading source of news and analysis on the fraught international politics of global warming. Our UN talks coverage is essential reading, lent authority by our year-round focus on climate science, economics and policy. The London-based editorial team works with reporters from Delhi, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro to bring out the best stories worldwide.
Climate Change TV offers an online channel hosting interviews and footage from international climate change and development summits. It was the first online video broadcaster devoted entirely to climate change issues. Climate Home and Climate Change TV are both funded by Responding to Climate Change Limited (RTCC) which was founded in 2002.
RTCC is a not-for-profit organization and is an official Observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) the Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It holds “Special Advisory Status” with The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) as well as officially supporting UNFCCC in its outreach programme.
If you are interested in partnering with Climate Home, Climate Change TV or RTCC please contact James Ramsey on 0044 207 100 2020 or email info.
The New York Times Published on Nov 27, 2015
Series of videoblogs from: Nicholas Kristof (Oregon & Magdalen 1981)