Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- Trump’s border wall harms the environment, activists say February 28, 2020
- Welcome to The Climate Crisis Newsletter | The New Yorker February 28, 2020
- The HAPPINESS Project and Increasing Access to Mental Health Services | Office of the President February 28, 2020
- Should Americans reconsider travel plans in wake of coronavirus? February 28, 2020
- Communities on lockdown as coronavirus spreads in Italy February 28, 2020
- Nations increasingly fearful of coronavirus pandemic and resulting global recession February 28, 2020
- Fueling Change: Oil Extraction in Alaska and California | KCET February 28, 2020
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Reads Green New Deal into Congressional Record February 27, 2020
- Trump Cancels NYC Climate Resiliency Study After Mocking Planned Sea Wall February 27, 2020
- Trump Blames “Caronavirus” Fears on Democrats and Fake News Reporting February 27, 2020
- “Pence is Not a Medical Expert”: Is the Trump Admin Ready to Stop a U .S. Coronavirus Pandemic? February 27, 2020
- “Dead Bodies Everywhere”: Hindu Nationalist Violence Rocks Delhi as Trump Vi sits Modi in India February 27, 2020
- How the Climate Crisis Is Making the Spread of Infectious Diseases Like Coronavirus More Common February 27, 2020
- ANALYSIS: Protestors, University struggle to see eye to eye on divestment February 27, 2020
- Fossil Free Yale (@FossilFreeYale) / Twitter February 27, 2020
- Yale Endowment Justice Coalition February 27, 2020
- FFY submits new demands to Swensen February 27, 2020
- Despite protest, Yale-linked pipeline project progresses February 27, 2020
- Students criticize University investments at teach-in February 27, 2020
- Me vs. We: What Matters Most for Climate Action? February 27, 2020
- Business suffers as coronavirus keeps tourists away from Italy February 26, 2020
- Chinese activists confront censorship, violence to expose truth about outbreak February 26, 2020
- David Swensen Made Yale Fabulously Rich and Changed Endowments – Bloomberg February 26, 2020
- David Swensen Rips ‘Cowardly’ Yale Student Journalists in Email Spat | Institutional Investor February 26, 2020
- David F. Swensen, B.A., B.S., ’80 Ph.D., ’14 L.H.D. | Yale University February 26, 2020
- David Swensen Wrote an Angry Email. Then He Pressed Send. | Institutional Investor February 26, 2020
- Bill 156: The “Ag Gag”? February 26, 2020
- French health minister on coronavirus cases: “unthinkable and ineffective to close the borders” February 26, 2020
- Foreign Policy, Politics, and Global Health February 26, 2020
- This Concrete Dome Holds A Leaking Toxic Nuclear Timebomb | Foreign Correspondent February 26, 2020
- 1918 Spanish Flu historical documentary | Swine Flu Pandemic | Deadly plague of 1918 February 26, 2020
- Spanish Flu: a warning from history February 26, 2020
- Why U.S. officials are escalating their concerns over novel coronavirus February 26, 2020
- Rome civil protection authorities confirm 12 deaths from coronavirus in Italy February 26, 2020
- Opera Star Plácido Domingo Apologizes for Sexual Misconduct February 26, 2020
- Drug Maker Mallinckrodt Reaches $1.6B Settlement for Role in Opioid Crisis February 26, 2020
- Coronavirus: Iran’s deputy health minister tests positive as outbreak worsens – BBC News February 26, 2020
- World battles coronavirus outbreak – BBC News February 26, 2020
- Coronavirus: World must prepare for pandemic, says WHO – BBC News February 26, 2020
- Coronavirus: WHO warns world to brace for pandemic | DW News February 26, 2020
- Trump says U.S. ties with Pakistan are very good February 26, 2020
- At Least 24 Killed in India After Hindu Nationalists Attack Muslim Demonstrators + President Trump Wraps India Trip with Praise for $3.5 Billion Weapons Deal February 26, 2020
- CDC Warns of “Severe” Disruption to Daily Life in U.S. as Coronavirus Spread s February 26, 2020
- Book on China’s fight against COVID-19 epidemic published February 26, 2020
- Bernie Sanders Gains Support in South Carolina as Billionaire Tom Steyer Draws Votes from Joe Biden February 26, 2020
- Flooding Cripples Indonesian Capital February 26, 2020
- A black neighborhood reacts to finding the slave ship that brought their ancestors to America February 26, 2020
- Coronavirus: Global Outbreak February 26, 2020
- Congress prepares for inevitable U.S. coronavirus outbreak February 26, 2020
- Is the U.S. ready for a severe coronavirus outbreak? February 26, 2020
Daily Archives: April 24, 2016
Published on Apr 21, 2016
Anne Mottet, FAO, presents the Global Livestock Environmental Assessment Model interactive (GLEAM-i), a public simulation tool to support countries and partners in calculating emissions in the livestock sector.
Anne briefly explains the context of climate change and livestock production, as well as how FAO supports countries in developing sustainable livestock policies. She also introduces the role of GLEAM in that strategy, highlighting the added value of the publicly available version: GLEAM-interactive.
The livestock sector is a key contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. However, the potential for significant mitigation exists across systems, regions and species. This video presents GLEAM-i and explains how to use it to generate disaggregated emissions from livestock using Tier 2 methods.
The model covers the main stages of production: herd management, feed and manure management. Users can modify key parameters such as fertility and mortality rates, feed ration composition of the share of each manure management system, effectively impacting emissions.
This webinar was part of a learning event focused on the functionalities of GLEAM-i and its potential to quickly generate intervention scenarios in the context of mitigation in the livestock sector organized by the MICCA programme at the Food and Agriculture Organization in April 2016.
Published on Apr 15, 2016
Google Earth Director Rebecca Moore talks about the partnership with FAO and democratizing big data for all.
Published on Apr 22, 2016
22News is working for you with how some communities are taking steps to be more environmentally aware.
Published on Apr 22, 2016
Earth Day is marked each year on April 22nd.
It was first celebrated in 1970 and it marked the birth of the modern environmental movement.
Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and celebrated in more than 193 countries, where events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
– visit us at http://www.emtv.com.pg/ for the latest news…
Published on Apr 22, 2016
http://democracynow.org – As the world marks Earth Day, more than 60 heads of state meet at the United Nations headquarters to sign the Paris climate agreement aimed at slowing climate change. Many countries still need to formally approve the agreement, which will only enter into force when it is ratified by 55 nations that account for 55 percent of man-made greenhouse gas emissions. Experts say the cuts promised in the deal are insufficient to avert dangerous global warming. This comes as Gulf Coast communities marked the sixth anniversary of the BP oil spill by demanding no new drilling. For more, we speak to reporter Antonia Juhasz. Her new report in Rolling Stone is “Six Years After BP Gulf Oil Spill, Residents Demand ‘No New Drilling.'” Her most recent book is “Black Tide: The Devastating Impact of the Gulf Oil Spill.”