Calendar – Click on Date for links entered on that Day
- G7 nations fail to reach consensus on how to call out Beijing on human rights abuses | World News June 14, 2021
- G7 Summit: G7 approves global infrastructure plan to combat China | Latest World English News | WION June 14, 2021
- China’s Great Belt and Road Economic Initiative June 14, 2021
- G7: Biden says democracies in ‘contest with autocrats’ as G7 summit ends June 14, 2021
- Watch: Joe Biden names, shames China after G7; announces plan to counter BRI June 14, 2021
- G7 Nations To Offset China’s Belt & Road Initiative June 14, 2021
- What G7’s Plan To Counter China’s Belt And Road Initiative Means For India June 14, 2021
- What’s behind the G7’s rival to China’s ‘Belt & Road’ initiative? | Inside Story June 14, 2021
- Biden urges unity among G7 leaders with global infrastructure plan to rival China June 14, 2021
- G7 rivals China with grand infrastructure plan June 14, 2021
- Creating French Culture: Treasures from the Bibliotheque nationale de France: Marie-Helene Tesniere and Prosser Gifford June 14, 2021
- A Celebration of William Gardner Smith’s THE STONE FACE June 14, 2021
- South Africa’s Covid Storm – BBC Africa Eye documentary June 14, 2021
- We Make It or We Die – BBC Africa Eye documentary June 14, 2021
- Economic Update: The Center Cannot Hold – YouTube June 14, 2021
- Cosmic Bombshell, Greenland Mystery, Brain Metal | S0 News Jun.14.2021 June 14, 2021
- “Our House Is on Fire”: Activists Urge G7 to Address Climate, Vaccine Apartheid & Poverty June 14, 2021
- GLOBALink | UK PM says “selfish, nationalistic approaches” marred initial fight against COVID-19 June 14, 2021
- Biden concludes first G-7 as president declaring ‘America is back at the table’ June 13, 2021
- Biden takes shot at Trump at G7 over downplaying the threat of climate change June 13, 2021
- China’s gateway to Europe – the New Silk Road | DW Documentary June 13, 2021
- Ten years after the Arab Spring, is there still hope for democracy? | DW Documentary June 13, 2021
- LIVE: XR at G7 – STILL Drowning in Promises June 13, 2021
- An endangered elephant herd is taking a mysterious trek in China. Are humans to blame? June 12, 2021
- Princess Anne awards Prince Philip Medal for the first time to a female engineer | ITV News June 12, 2021
- The Queen Uses Enormous Ceremonial Sword to Cut Royal Birthday Cake at Eden Project June 12, 2021
- ‘Enjoying yourself?’: Queen jokes with G7 leaders in family photo June 12, 2021
- Bernie Sanders on Reforming the Tax Code June 12, 2021
- Why 15 Elephants Went on a 500-km Journey in China June 12, 2021
- Why A Herd Of Elephants Is Crossing Thousands Of Miles In A Rare Journey Through Southwest China June 12, 2021
- ‘Ring of fire’ | Incredible solar eclipse June 12, 2021
- How 100,000 Satellites Will Change Earth Forever by 2040 June 12, 2021
- How India ran out of oxygen June 12, 2021
- Resist G7 protests kick off with furious school students climate strike June 12, 2021
- G-7 Summit Aims to Build Back Better, Greener June 12, 2021
- G7 summit: Leaders set to announce global pandemic prevention plan June 12, 2021
- NASA Land surface temperatures 2000-2021 June 12, 2021
- “Not Having It”: Winona LaDuke on Mass Protest by Water Protectors to Halt Line 3 Pipeline in MN June 11, 2021
- U.S. Led 2020 Nuclear Weapons Spending; Now Biden Going “Full Steam Ahead” on Trump’ s Nuclear Plans – YouTube June 11, 2021
- Vaccine Hesitancy, Even by Health Workers, Means Shots Expire, Variants Emerge, Pandemic Drags On June 11, 2021
- Board Science Presentation Glenn Bush June 2021 June 11, 2021
- Fertility June 11, 2021
- LIVE: XR at G7 part 4 – Climate Change and Pandemics June 11, 2021
- The GMO Study Everyone Needs To Know About June 11, 2021
- Nigeria: Lagos considers waterways to ease traffic gridlock June 11, 2021
- LIVE: XR at G7 part 2 June 11, 2021
- Noam Chomsky: Confluence of Challenges: The Fate of the Human Experiment June 10, 2021
- Creative finale of four-day nationwide coastal campaigns to highlight rising seas ahead of G7 summit June 10, 2021
- UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration: 10 years to heal the planet June 10, 2021
- Teaser – Virtual Launch Gala – UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration -#WorldEnvironmentDay June 10, 2021
Daily Archives: April 24, 2016
Published on Apr 21, 2016
Anne Mottet, FAO, presents the Global Livestock Environmental Assessment Model interactive (GLEAM-i), a public simulation tool to support countries and partners in calculating emissions in the livestock sector.
Anne briefly explains the context of climate change and livestock production, as well as how FAO supports countries in developing sustainable livestock policies. She also introduces the role of GLEAM in that strategy, highlighting the added value of the publicly available version: GLEAM-interactive.
The livestock sector is a key contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. However, the potential for significant mitigation exists across systems, regions and species. This video presents GLEAM-i and explains how to use it to generate disaggregated emissions from livestock using Tier 2 methods.
The model covers the main stages of production: herd management, feed and manure management. Users can modify key parameters such as fertility and mortality rates, feed ration composition of the share of each manure management system, effectively impacting emissions.
This webinar was part of a learning event focused on the functionalities of GLEAM-i and its potential to quickly generate intervention scenarios in the context of mitigation in the livestock sector organized by the MICCA programme at the Food and Agriculture Organization in April 2016.
Published on Apr 15, 2016
Google Earth Director Rebecca Moore talks about the partnership with FAO and democratizing big data for all.
Published on Apr 22, 2016
22News is working for you with how some communities are taking steps to be more environmentally aware.
Published on Apr 22, 2016
Earth Day is marked each year on April 22nd.
It was first celebrated in 1970 and it marked the birth of the modern environmental movement.
Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network and celebrated in more than 193 countries, where events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
– visit us at http://www.emtv.com.pg/ for the latest news…
Published on Apr 22, 2016
http://democracynow.org – As the world marks Earth Day, more than 60 heads of state meet at the United Nations headquarters to sign the Paris climate agreement aimed at slowing climate change. Many countries still need to formally approve the agreement, which will only enter into force when it is ratified by 55 nations that account for 55 percent of man-made greenhouse gas emissions. Experts say the cuts promised in the deal are insufficient to avert dangerous global warming. This comes as Gulf Coast communities marked the sixth anniversary of the BP oil spill by demanding no new drilling. For more, we speak to reporter Antonia Juhasz. Her new report in Rolling Stone is “Six Years After BP Gulf Oil Spill, Residents Demand ‘No New Drilling.'” Her most recent book is “Black Tide: The Devastating Impact of the Gulf Oil Spill.”
Published on Apr 22, 2016
CLIMATE CHANGE AGREEMENT 1-10
Published on Jan 7, 2015
Naropa University’s Radical Compassion Symposium Presents Vandana Shiva, PhD. “Earth Democracy: Living as Earth Community” by Vandana Shiva, a world-renowned Indian environmental and anti-globalization activist who received the Right Livelihood Award in 1993. She is the author of more than twenty books, including Making Peace with the Earth; Earth Democracy: Justice, Sustainability and Peace; and Soil Not Oil: Environmental Justice in an Age of Climate Crisis. More at www.naropa.edu.
Uploaded on Jan 21, 2012
Music video about GVOCSA (Genesee Valley Organic Community Supported Agriculture), Rochester NY
Published on May 18, 2015
Meet Bob Quinn, founder & CEO of Kamut and Franziska Kaguembega founder of newTree, two of IFOAM – Organics International’s over 800 members. Hear what they have to say about the challenges facing farmers who want to convert to organic agriculture and what can be done to encourage them.
IFOAM is the worldwide umbrella organization for the organic movement, uniting more than 750 member organizations in 116 countries.
Visit http://www.ifoam.bio for more information.
For directory see:
or high resolution: