Founded on January 1st 2007 by the three following Graduate Institutes in Science and Engineering:
INA P-G – Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon
ENGREF – Ecole Nationale du Génie Rural, des Eaux et des Forêts
ENSIA – Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Industries Agricoles et Alimentaires
AgroParisTech is a member of ParisTech , the Paris Institute of Technology, which is a consortium of 10 of the foremost French Graduate Institutes in Science and Engineering.
AgroParisTech is a core member of the Paris cluster in Life and Environmental Science and Technology, together with 2 Graduate schools (Alfort National Veterinary School and Versailles National School of Landscape architecture) and 3 research centers (INRA, Cemagref and AFSSA).
AgroParisTech is organized into 5 departments:
- Agronomy, Forestry, Water and Environmental Science and Technology ;
- Life Science and Health ;
- Science and Engineering for Food and Bioproducts ;
- Social science, Economics and Management ;
- Modeling: Mathematics, Informatics and Physics.
The key facts are :
450 Ph.D. students,
230 academic staff,
39 research laboratories,
300 researchers and
9 campuses (4 in Paris and the greater Paris area)